• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Cort

Apple Head
my favorite food network show is the one with the metrosexual fat jewish guy that goes to really poor countries and eats all their food while talking about it the entire time

Laijin

Smash Hero
you know, when i read your posts, pof, i had some counterposts formulating, but i realize that all I have to do is sleepyk post.
so here's me posting in a nutshell

1) *****
2) darc/nus/new england males get me hard
3) troll post
4) serious post about something
5) troll post
6) captain falcon
7) captain falcon's *****
8) *****
9) video thread that gets moved to the atl south spam section because mods can't do their moderating well
10) DISRESPECT TO FORUM LEADERS PARTICULARLY DAZWA, KEVINM, TOM, AND MIKE G
11) Chrono Trigger
12) Chrono Trigger
13) Chrono Trigger

also laijin posts the same way you do and i just heckle him on the forums because it's easy. I heckle him in real life because it's easy. I have arguments with his incorrect opinions because it's easy and he's wrong, but I'm friends with him. He just tends to open his mouth with the silliest, stupidest opinions when he's online because there are fewer repercussions for doing so. Also when he's hanging out with us the dumb stuff doesn't come to mind, i guess. It probably has to do with the fact that he's just not in the comfort of his own home, sitting by himself with his silly stuff. I haven't met you yet but if you're the exact same in real life then i'm probably just going to troll you, talk about *****es, then talk about chrono trigger and make fun of kevinm. this is a forum for a video game and we have serious discussions betwixt all the joking and cajoling going on. you just post like a jigglypuff when it comes to the "serious" stuff. it doesn't help that you, intentionally or not, carry insulting subtext in each post you make. so what will i do? heckle you, because it's easy.
idk abut ur posst loul ur a nrd 4 havn a cumputr
So I just name searched myself lolololol.
Anyways.
I would just like to point out to you sir that my opinions, while many may disagree, are posted so people can disagree with them and make long posts about nothing.
Its called trolling, sir.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
you play tf2?;o
tf2 players hit me up on steam: hazygoose
:D
yeah, pc. i'm quite possibly the best medic ever.
I've posted several times already for all TF2 PC players to post their Steam names omgggggg. Mine's easy: Budai. Hazy I added you so confirm me! I'm mostly playing L4D2 now though, but I'll still get some TF2 on anytime.

As for TV shows:

1) The Simpsons (Seasons 1-10; there're only a handful of good eps in seasons 9-12)
2) Futurama
3) Arrested Development

Honorable Mentions:
Scrubs
Cowboy Bebop
I love that Home Movies was mentioned (for fans of Home Movies or Coach McGirk, hopefully this will be good http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486217/)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lol, my roommate and I are watching through Buffy right now... Angel is too hot, strong ****ing homo.
<3<3<3

also

I'm really bad with ordering, much less picking, my favorites >_<

"Now"
- Arrested Development
- 30Rock

ugh...I can't choose among the Food Network shows I love :( Hmm...what would I stay up to watch if I spotted it while channel surfing right before sleeping?
Throw Down/Good Eats/Easy Entertaining With Michael Chiarello/Ace of Cakes/Dinner: Impossible

...****. Still couldn't do it >_>

"Back in the Day"
- Ren And Stimpy
- Tom And Jerry
- Salute Your Shorts
- Saved By The Bell
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles [ http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._113415468717_501578717_2130570_7725729_n.jpg ]

also: <3 Cog =D

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Mine's easy: Budai. Hazy I added you so confirm me! I'm mostly playing L4D2 now though, but I'll still get some TF2 on anytime.

I love that Home Movies was mentioned (for fans of Home Movies or Coach McGirk, hopefully this will be good http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1486217/)
so in conclusion (hm reference), home movies has always been by far my favorite show. i don't watch much tv, and i think my home movies watching has eclipsed the time i've spent watching every other show combined, not including children's television up until middle school. i bought all 4 seasons the day they launched, and when the box set came out i threw down $120 for it even though i already owned all 4 seasons, lol. - movieguy (hm reference >.>;)

also i played l4d2 on my sister's account, 3 missions all the way through, i freaking love it...surprised they were able to improve so much on the first game which was already amazing. by the way have you seen the teletubbies hack? i'll have L4D2 before the end of the year, we should play that a lot too :D

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
high five swift, big bang theory too good.

My 3 would probably be Office, LOST, and BBT, in no particular order.

EDIT: ****, forgot about Dexter. Throw that into the mix.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
DID SOMEONE SAY ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT?

Yeah, the thing with AD, is that the first time you watch it, its just funny. The second time, its well written. The third time, it is quite possibly the second best sitcom, second only to Seinfeld. The writing, constant references that go over your head, inside jokes...it just all shines through after you watch it again.

However, the three prog shows out of what is currently on the air...
1. It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
2. Curb Your Enthusiasm
3. Cold Case (can't remember which is which, but i like the real ones, not the fictional tales)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
high five swift, big bang theory too good.

My 3 would probably be Office, LOST, and BBT, in no particular order.

EDIT: ****, forgot about Dexter. Throw that into the mix.
office and lost def are honorable mentions.

been waiting for the episode when jim copies dwight come on like for 2 months it finally did last week =) on some station that has it in syndication (tbs i think)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Looool. Nothing copies Family Guy more these days than the Simpsons.
Or is it the opposite?
Pretty sure Family Guy insulted The Simpsons first and then Simpsons started insulting Family Guy.

I'd like to thank P.O.F. for telling me my baby was ugly by writing it in the blood of my puppy he just killed.
Don't know you. Don't want to know you. Don't care what you say.

Don't be an *** to me and I won't be one to you. End of story.

I don't really watch TV anymore, but if I had to pick three:

1) The Simpsons (even though it hasn't been good for like 6 years now at least)
Yum.

This. The simpsons have been ****ty for quite a long time.
No, its more over people started watching Family Guy and then switching to The Simpsons and being like "omg, this isnt as funny as Family Guy!" Regardless, Simpsons WAS funnier than any other tv show will ever amount too. Either argument you want to use. Simpsons > Family Guy.

As for TV shows:
1) The Simpsons (Seasons 1-10; there're only a handful of good eps in seasons 9-12)
Honorable Mentions:
Cowboy Bebop
Awesome show. Cowboy Bebop is the only anime i will watch. That and old school megaman. too funny.

Edit-Pokemon show was great. mad funny. Team rockets blasting offf.....

Nick arcade
Are You Afraid Of The Dark?
Doug
Goosebumps
The Jetsons
Flintstones
The Munsters
The Sopranos
Leave It To Beaver
Brady Bunch
Different Strokes
Married With Children

Television used to be soooooo good. Now its horrible.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
4 swords crew members call me Lord Hazy
other ct players call me Alexander or just Hazy
people at home call me Ethan (long story)

take your pick, sir.
i mean...speaking of the best tv shows ever:
"THE CHOICES ARE YOURS AND YOURS ALONE!"

toasty

Smash Hero
Haze it is!

POF - saw your edit. Does this mean I passed? Like...getting singled out by you means I've earned my spot in this thread?

<3<3<3!!!!

But really dude.

You're like a sIutty chick at a frat party showing off how many Ruffies she can down in an hour.

Stop asking for it.

nyc_tag$

Smash Journeyman
But really dude.

You're like a sIutty chick at a frat party showing off how many Ruffies she can down in an hour.

Stop asking for it.
LOL

1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
2. Arrested Development
3. Curb Your Enthusiasm

I LOVE Dexter, The Wire, Fringe and lots of other more serious shows, but comedies just go higher up on my list because I enjoy a good :laugh:

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
so, netflix had season 1 of dexter up, and i decided after getting reviews from friends and the smash community to watch an episode.

addicted.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well now its 5am, I haven't slept in 2 days now, and I'm really craving some pork shoulder.
=|
-DD

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Aside from MacGyver the only TV I have watched recently is True Blood.

True Blood reminds me of a time when vampires were ****** (they are now censoring bad *** :() and not sparkly fairies.

I also watch a lot of NCIS because it is on basically 24 hours a day. The show has a way from going from silly banter to serious way too fast. I wouldn't consider it one of my favorites but it is on all the time.

Anyone remember Freakazoid? I loved that show.

vintage

Smash Cadet
Hmm...

Old shows:
1. MacGyver. It was my favorite show as a kid, and I've recently re-watched the first 4 seasons, so that goes on the list.
2. Arrested Development. My roommate and I must have watched that show like 200 times in college.
3. Firefly. Yeah, only 14 episodes, but it was awesome!!

Current shows:
1. House
2. The Office
3. Always Sunny

Honorable mentions: Dexter, The Daily Show, Scrubs

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i won't go too much into 80s/90s shows or i'll never stop. hopefully everyone our age group fondly remembers freakazoid. it felt like one of the staples to me, with TMNT et al.
mid 80s-late 90s television was perfection. i wouldn't be surprised if every person that grew up then could come up with a top 50 list as far as kids tv goes. so many memories :o

most underrated cartoon during the mid 90s - savage dragon

toasty

Smash Hero
Well now its 5am, I haven't slept in 2 days now, and I'm really craving some pork shoulder.
=|
-DD
LOL seriously, I must have watched that part where the meat breaks apart like 20 times last night XD Goodness pork is SO GOOD....my bad, Allah :urg:
I like you.
<3
so, netflix had season 1 of dexter up, and i decided after getting reviews from friends and the smash community to watch an episode.

addicted.
gah, I've had it on my xbox-netflix queue forever and never got around to watching it...will remedy tonight...and probably lose 3 nights of sleep watching the whole season haha

Did anyone else watch/like Carnivale on HBO? I was hooked on that until my accidental access to HBO was discovered and undone :(

Edit: **** how could I forgot MacGyver???

Loved that show, and until like 10 years ago, it was the only American show that they showed in Bangladesh and my grandma and I used to watch that every day when I'd visit =D

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I will watch that when I get home.

Since I have not watched any tv for the last four or five years (save for the first season of Heroes and Studio 60) I'll just name some comedies I was fond of back in the day.

In no particular order:

The Simpsons
Family Guy
Frasier
Friends
Seinfeld
Coupling
Will&Grace (actually had some REALLY funny episodes, not sure about the show as a whole)

Top Bottom