• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
ok so i came up with a thought:

it seems to me that SF is more about the part of the game in between offense and defense more than offense and/or defense
Yes, tech chasing in SF is important too. :laugh:

Thats why E Honda and Abel are soooo fun lol. Grab tech chases have extended range. Good w ken too due to kara throw.

bolt-you need to respond to my PM asap. Pound 4 plans....that is, if you want to go with me.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
ok so i came up with a thought:

it seems to me that SF is more about the part of the game in between offense and defense more than offense and/or defense

am i right in thinking this? ive been playing with this in mind and doing better. still getting *****. but not getting 3 and 4 stocked
Yeah, that's the area that demands patience. SF 4 isn't as much about being offensive or defensive as it is about baiting. There are so many situations in SF that once you're in them, you're frakked and there's no way out. The game revolves around those situations, and getting your opponent into them before he gets you into a no-escape situation. That happens when you're too offensive (like jumping in), but it can also happen if you're too defensive, so it's a tough balancing act.

Aesir

Smash Master
Yes, tech chasing in SF is important too. :laugh:

Thats why E Honda and Abel are soooo fun lol. Grab tech chases have extended range. Good w ken too due to kara throw.

bolt-you need to respond to my PM asap. Pound 4 plans....that is, if you want to go with me.
Every time I read your post it feels like someones making mashed potatoes with my brain.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
hevendor is pretty good for farming but brabbit is better cause you can just sort infinite combo the entire screen and just get hundreds/second once the speed increases a lot.

but that doesn't solve the rare metal problem which sucks, especially since neither of those stages have leaf drops and so if you farm them you get imbalanced other meteos so making rare metals is difficult. to get rare metals, I've found that doing difficulty 3 star trips is the best since they drop a fair bit in the credit screen and you get a fairly balanced distribution of meteos, but it's still tedious as ****.
Well there are a lot of planets that you can "infinite" usually the ones with high gravity though, I felt like i had a easy time getting everything , like when i look back at my file i have like 300+ of the rare metals, but I did play it a lot >.>

I used to try and see how close i could get to world record scores in 2 and 5 minute modes. I think I'm sitting at 180000ish points for 2 minute mode and i'm bad at the 5 minute mode and i don't remember what i had. I think i got most of my metals through those modes. When I head back to CT on the 11th I'll have to pick the game up again.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Thanks a lot.
I didn't like MGMT's Oracular Spectacular but I'll check out all the rest. What do you think about Phoenix and Band of Horses?

Oh and can someone suggest other artists or whatever that I can just zone out to? (cba to edit)
Caspian. Explosions in the Sky. Godspeed You Black Emperor. Sigur Ros.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM
this?

even though this form of her music is almost tolerable to me, her lyrics are still some of the worst i've ever heard. no norah jones, but definitely displaying talent unlike on mtv.
This kind of blew my mind.

****nn, I have to save these past few pages to remember these bands lol

Someone wanna give me on advice on not choking during pools matches? Every tournament that has pools, if I lose to one person I give up and lose to the rest =(. I kinda wanna do decently at pound

fail
after you lose, look at your opponent, bat your eyes and tear up and say plz i'm just a girl.

OMG guys... can anyone say new favorite band??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTQYsT_4P0

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Every time I read your post it feels like someones making mashed potatoes with my brain.
Lulz.

Caspian. Explosions in the Sky. Godspeed You Black Emperor. Sigur Ros.
1)YES
OMG guys... can anyone say new favorite band??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTQYsT_4P0
2) o_o You're kidding, right?

Just got back from my internship interview.

I totally didn't get it.
=(
=[ I'm sorry Demetri.
Smash tonight?
SPAWN!!!!

Oh, and I totally want this MMO. It looks like they took a fighting game style and put it in a 3d world. I seriously doubt they packed that style of combat into a turn-based thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUE2PixHBLI

If they did though, I'm going to rage very, very hard.

-Nick

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Quick Poll- Name your three favorite television shows, past and present

1) Battlestar Galactica
2) Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
3) Cowboy Bebop

My wife and I are about to start watching The Wire soon, so I suspect that will be on the list shortly.

EDIT- I love Homocide, but I suddenly remembered Bebop, and that has to be on the list.

otg

Smash Master
WTF, non CT people?

GTFO Max.

But I will agree that Boondocks is probably a guarantee.
Well in all fairness, my dad lives in Bethel (right next to Danbury), so I half live in CT. Plus I'm like 15 minutes from CT and my school is on the border of Greenwich and PC so I might as well be CT.

Plus you guys are funny and I normally just lurk. This topic is intriguing so sue me HAB. SO ****ING SUE ME.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
1) House
2) Boston Legal
3) LOST

:3 And thank you Cog, I can sleep peacefully at night now.
-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
In order,
1) LOST
2) Arrested Development
3) Pushing Daisies

Anyone who doesn't have AD on better not have seen it.

eta: DD yes I was kidding >_>
rounding out my top 5:
4) Freaks & Geeks
5) The X-Files (seasons 1-7, obv)

I always preferred Dead Like Me over Pushing Daisies, as I found Pushing Daisies to rehash quite a bit of the themes and situations from it.
Though I've never seen DLM, I've heard/read very divergent opinions on this... So whatever, I'm fine with just appreciating PD for what it is/was: ****ing phenomenal.

edit: Did DLM have this guy?:

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
1) Arrested Development
Joke?

2) Arrested Development

Joke?

Arrested Developments first season was absolutely hysterical but it steadily declined in how creative/funny it was with each following season. It turned into Family Guy....it tried too hard as it progressed. The cousin loving joke? It was funny the first season but to repeat it again and again and again? Shades of cool aid guy and peter screaming "ahhhhhh"? Judging by the fact that it had only THREE seasons is a sure shoe in for how much it was slowly on the decline.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show but in no way is it a TOP show.

Mine

Simpsons
Three Stooges
Six Feet Under

Simpsons is the most creative and funniest show of all time spanding over 25 seasons. Pure classic. It is also probably the top TV show ever to have special guest apperances as well.

Three Stooges-SOOOOOOO ahead of its time. One of the first live television shows to really dig in deep to violence and also look at it in a humerous way. Abbott And Costello kicked *** too. Whos on first=Genius.

Six Feet Under-Dwight from The Office in a serious role. Amazing. Acting was phenomenal, the introduction every show was amazing, character development, ending. Amazing. Really covered so many ethic, sexual, and anger issues in society nicely as well. It was funny, intense, sad, and creepy all at the same time.

Pushing Daisies is good too. Entourage anyone?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Joke?

Joke?

Arrested Developments first season was absolutely hysterical but it steadily declined in how creative/funny it was with each following season. It turned into Family Guy....it tried too hard as it progressed. The cousin loving joke? It was funny the first season but to repeat it again and again and again? Shades of cool aid guy and peter screaming "ahhhhhh"? Judging by the fact that it had only THREE seasons is a sure shoe in for how much it was slowly on the decline.

Definitive proof you're a very, VERY elaborate troll. Only explanation.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Joke?

Joke?

Mine

Simpsons
Three Stooges
Six Feet Under

Simpsons is the most creative and funniest show of all time spanding over 25 seasons. Pure classic. It is also probably the top TV show ever to have special guest apperances as well.

Three Stooges-SOOOOOOO ahead of its time. One of the first live television shows to really dig in deep to violence and also look at it in a humerous way. Abbott And Costello kicked *** too. Whos on first=Genius.

Six Feet Under-Dwight from The Office in a serious role. Amazing. Acting was phenomenal, the introduction every show was amazing, character development, ending. Amazing. Really covered so many ethic, sexual, and anger issues in society nicely as well. It was funny, intense, sad, and creepy all at the same time.

Pushing Daisies is good too. Entourage anyone?
Looool. Nothing copies Family Guy more these days than the Simpsons.
Or is it the opposite?

Anyways! I'd put AD on my top, but I haven't seen enough of it =\. What I did see was pretty facking funny.

I'd place my next two as:
4) Ninja Warrior
5) The Office

-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
Anyone watch prison break? I liked it alot in till the story line started to drag on.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
It's pretty obvious that you're just fishing for somebody to disagree with you, but I just want to point out that nobody said it's a "top" show. It's supposed to be a list of your three favorite shows.

This would be like you saying Marth is your favorite character, then me replying, "No you're wrong because Fox is higher on the tier list."

I don't really watch TV anymore, but if I had to pick three:

1) The Simpsons (even though it hasn't been good for like 6 years now at least)
2) Good Eats
3) Angel (don't judge me)

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
1) Home Movies
2) Upright Citizens Brigade
3) Dead Like Me
4) SGC2C
5) Lie to Me

just off the top of my head. there are other good ones that are just as awesome, just thought i'd post an arbitrary list to fit in like a cool kid cool kid cool kid me2.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
My Monday nights these days are House at 8, nothing at 9, and then Castle at 10.

I've gotten in the habit of watching Lie to Me and it's really not bad. Tim Roth is always amazing.

otg

Smash Master
Holy **** I forgot about Upright Citizens Brigade. That show is amazing. They came to my college in my freshman year to do a show (it wasn't the origional cast from the show) and they were absolutely hilarious.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
the company that did home movies is like 2 min from my house. wish I could get a job with them.
I'd like to thank P.O.F. for telling me my baby was ugly by writing it in the blood of my puppy he just killed.
I LOL'd way too hard at that. I made my wife read it and she LOL'd too.

2) Good Eats
Really? Um David I love you. I ****ing love Good Eats. Alton Brown is too good. You ever watch Jamie at Home? My favorite cooking show.

*high five*!

Aesir

Smash Master
Arrested Developments first season was absolutely hysterical but it steadily declined in how creative/funny it was with each following season. It turned into Family Guy....it tried too hard as it progressed. The cousin loving joke? It was funny the first season but to repeat it again and again and again? Shades of cool aid guy and peter screaming "ahhhhhh"?
Clearly you didn't understand the Charm of Arrested Development.

Judging by the fact that it had only THREE seasons is a sure shoe in for how much it was slowly on the decline.
Yes because all good shows go on for many seasons right?

Mine

Simpsons
Three Stooges
Six Feet Under

Simpson's: got lame in the last 12 seasons.

Three Stooges: This appeals to the dumbest of the dumb people. For instance Jehovah's Witnesses. It uses humor that was barely funny 40 years ago. We're more Sophisticated than that now. Did you hear? They Microwave was invited.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Holy **** I forgot about Good Eats. Probably the most quintessential show of my post-High-School life.

I was THIS close to seeing Alton Brown live. Wish I could have. He's the man.

A true boss.

Top Bottom