• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

_V_

Smash Ace
****, so many good players now!!!

I guess I gotta come back and show everyone what's up :p *goes to find gc controller and hopes it isn't broken or something*

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If he missed that rest, he would have lost. Momentum. It's really important in smash.
Mango came back from being down 0-2 in the first set of grand finals coming from the losers bracket. If Armada couldn't win with that lead, he didn't deserve to.

Also, Mango was at 51%. He would've survived if he'd missed, but he didn't miss, what with being the best player in the world and all.

You all have no higher input than me when dealing w smash......
Yeah I do actually.

This is why the CT thread is stupid.
Notice how these stupid flame wars only happen when you try to act important?

Nah, its more like Zoso, Mogwai, and Cogsmooch always think they're right. It's funny.
Maybe you should try convincing me otherwise instead of just whining about what a big meanie head I am. I am completely willing to have a frank exchange of opinions, but you've pretty much made it impossible for intelligent and mutually respectful discussion to take place.

trying to think of a time when dave was wrong. failing.
plus nausicaa is his avatar. was nausicaa ever wrong? i don't think so.
We'd love her even if she was.

Miss you, dude.

I made chocolate chip cookies from scratch and they're SOOOOOOO GOOD.

Also, I'm gonna start experimenting with holding down the C-stick while dash dancing (and in other random situations where it doesn't do anything) so I can CC if I get hit unexpectedly.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
You all have no higher input than me when dealing w smash......so stop acting like you do. I don't act like I have a higher input than any of you....you just think I sound like that.

Yes, someone who is a lot more skilled and experienced than me has no higher input than I do. I decided not to take any of the advice lambchops gave me seriously because he has no higher input than me.

you know what's funny?
"if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and smells like a duck, it's probably a duck."
if the vast majority of the people in the CT thread have the same opinion, have you looked at the possibility that... you're the reason why? "you just think i sound like that" yet most of the CT thread (the smashers you have the most regular conversations with) "think" you sound like that.

HMM

MAYBE YOU SOUND LIKE THAT

I thought this was funny actually.

Nah, its more like Zoso, Mogwai, and Cogsmooch always think they're right. It's funny.
It's so funny I like complaining about it!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
He's a Falco player from NC. He got third at TO5, beating Colbol and some other good players.

From what I've seen of him, he's a super nice and cool guy, too.
Every word of this is true.

He uses Falco's fair on purpose AND makes it effective. WTF too good.

my bad the loves in the chocolate chip cookies.
That would be why they're sooooooo good.

I'm gonna bake a bunch and bring them to Jam's tourney.

SleepyK

he just does what shopz does.

he does it very well.
very, very well.

fair is an effective move if used correctly.

SleepyK

zoso is so unintelligent, uninformed about melee, and unskilled in the game that htey decided to put him in the MBR

my browser is better than kevinm's

bolt.

Smash Ace
That would be why they're sooooooo good.

I'm gonna bake a bunch and bring them to Jam's tourney.
Sweeet. I'll make some too and we can have cms, cookie matches. You'll have to be some random character though because your marth 4 stocked my fox on pokemon stadium while you were talking to people. :urg::laugh:

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Sweeet. I'll make some too and we can have cms, cookie matches. You'll have to be some random character though because your marth 4 stocked my fox on pokemon stadium while you were talking to people. :urg::laugh:
I much prefer to share my cookies with the world, but I'd be more than happy to play you.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone going to be around uconn in the next week, I come home tomorrow from school and I really want to play. I feel like i'm getting a lot better at this game because everyone in florida is really good and I'm not sucking as much as I used too >.>

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Hasn't Zhu been using Falco's fair effectively for quite some time now? I remember seeing a vid of him over a year ago and he used a fair to combo a Fox into an fsmash, it was crazy.

SleepyK

i hate to sound like a huge fanboy, but chiz has been doing that for a long time.

uthrow/uair ---> fair --- fsmash

also

i believe this should be the new Cool Story Bro picture

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
welcome to the club. go right in, everyones inside.
also, we validate parking.
validating parking is ****

I use fair all the time on purpose, but with very mixed success. I still think it's a useful niche move though and is more often than we'd like to admit the best aerial option off the ledge (as it covers the angle that people like to attack double lasers/dair from).

I love those Dazwa pics more than I thought it was possible to love a cool story bro pic.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I'm glad I wasn't in PoF's list, but I'm pretty sure that is because I am always right and everyone knows it.
I may not get along with you etc etc. but you're very informed and have been playing Smash for a very long time and talking to you on AIM has helped me greatly. Although you probably don't give a crap that I'm saying this, I appreciate it.

trying to think of a time when dave was wrong. failing.
I guess I meant to say they're rude in person beyond control. That's better. My apologies.

POF has actually gotten a lot better since I first started playing with him. =/
Oh and I'm going to start getting a lot better soon.
Thanks man. Your Falco is getting prettier and prettier. Making me proud. lol.

Mango came back from being down 0-2 in the first set of grand finals coming from the losers bracket. If Armada couldn't win with that lead, he didn't deserve to.

Also, Mango was at 51%. He would've survived if he'd missed, but he didn't miss, what with being the best player in the world and all.

Yeah I do actually.

Notice how these stupid flame wars only happen when you try to act important?

Maybe you should try convincing me otherwise instead of just whining about what a big meanie head I am. I am completely willing to have a frank exchange of opinions, but you've pretty much made it impossible for intelligent and mutually respectful discussion to take place.
Genesis was the only tournament where we were rooting for MaNg0. The only reason being...it was VS Europe. If it was against anyone from East Coast or actually possibly West Coast (?) we would have been against him. America did not want to lose one of the biggest tournaments ever to Europe......to a smasher we all underestimated. MaNg0 won that set simply because he took away all the momentum that Armada had and the crowd went ****ing insane. It doesn't matter how many more games he had to win...it could have been 30 more games. The point is is that the crowd went ****ing nuts and if he didn't kill Armada with a rest...he would have lost. P.C. even said it to me himself. I talked to him the next day and he linked me to the youtube video of the crowds reaction.

Having a purple name doesn't mean crap. You're not a top level player so stop acting like you are.

Notice how I only invoke flame wars when you or Mogwai act like complete tools? :bee: Not to call you out Mogwai but when you basically said "Yeah, man lets play smash tonight." and then I called you and you said Scar was over and then you basically said "Yeah, i dont want to play with you now." was beyond ****ing ****.

LOL, me act civilized and have frank discussions? Last I checked I try to be nice to you in public but you completely disregard any word that comes out of my mouth because you can't get over internet quarrels. That, and you're disrespectful to anyone who does not see eye to eye with you and when someone says something you don't agree on you bash them for thinking differently. You do this w me, aesir, sexy, and a few other smashers as well. I'm not making this stuff up. Stop being a jerk and be rational....in person. I respect you as a good smasher and competitor but I don't respect you as a person.

Yes, someone who is a lot more skilled and experienced than me has no higher input than I do. I decided not to take any of the advice lambchops gave me seriously because he has no higher input than me.

you know what's funny?
"if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, and smells like a duck, it's probably a duck."
if the vast majority of the people in the CT thread have the same opinion, have you looked at the possibility that... you're the reason why? "you just think i sound like that" yet most of the CT thread (the smashers you have the most regular conversations with) "think" you sound like that.

HMM

MAYBE YOU SOUND LIKE THAT

It's so funny I like complaining about it!
This is coming from a guy who says Zhu is not as advanced as Lampchops yet Zhu doesn't suicide and he places better than lampchops. More advanced....definitely.

You want to use the Vast Majority Argument? I could go on with this for hours but let me just say that

most smashers are cheap and I at least tip in restuarants and pay a driver FAIRLY if we are traveling OOS.

Just making sure that everyone read this.
I love your posts lately. <3

Bottom line: I give/gave all of you chances in person and I took the time to get to know each of you in person minus SleepyK. I know that you all hate my posts. Incase you guys haven't noticed i'm aiming these posts at a few select people. Obviously they haven't picked up on this yet....lol.

Take a look at my responses to Jam, Hazy, and bolt....not really much hate there, Is there? Also, I dont really get mad at Aesir, lil, darc, dazwa, or trademark........hmmmmmm. Maybe its because I know they're good/cool people at heart. Everyone has a social ego and that is to be expected but I get over that with them.....

Goodnight. I'm going to sleep.

I'm going to have some free time this week because of thanksgiving break/it being slow at work for me this week. I'd like to play some Melee.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Take a look at my responses to Jam, Hazy, and bolt....not really much hate there, Is there? Also, I dont really get mad at DD, Aesir, lil, darc, dazwa, or trademark........hmmmmmm. Maybe its because I know they're good/cool/sexy people at heart. Everyone has a social ego and that is to be expected but I get over that with them.....

Goodnight. I'm going to sleep with DD because he is an attractive male.

I'm going to have some free time this week because of thanksgiving break/it being slow at work for me this week. I'd like to play some Melee.
Fix'd for love sharing.
-DD

SleepyK

This is coming from a guy who says Zhu is not as advanced as Lampchops yet Zhu doesn't suicide and he places better than lampchops. More advanced....definitely.

You want to use the Vast Majority Argument? I could go on with this for hours but let me just say that

most smashers are cheap and I at least tip in restuarants and pay a driver FAIRLY if we are traveling OOS.
reading from bottom up

1) wut, tipping? who doesn't tip? who doesn't pay for gas? who are these people you are trying to point out?
2) i'll assume your vast majority argument will probably end up not really pertaining to the argument of you posting like you have "a higher say" or whatever, since you seem to agree that you post like you do. you know how you post and you've admitted to knowing how you post. in fact, you do so at the top of the post i just quoted you in, but i deleted that part and i'm too lazy to go back and get it.
3) ya suicides have everything to do with how advanced a player is. azendashing = proooooooooo
4) ya thanks for reading my posts
a) did not deny that zhu was a good player
b) did not deny that chiz makes mistakes
c) but did show and point out that shops are beyond zhu as far as using falco goes. advanced knowledge and usage of lasers/combos etc.
ex) why is m2k's marth advanced? because he understands his character in and out and ZTDs all the time in the most efficient manner. well, he used to, at least.

please actually respond to my arguments (well don't really have to since you've confirmed multiple times)
also next time don't just include hastily cobbled insults pls

o i just reread my post, seems like i was trying to argue that zoso is a better player than you area and thus DOES in fact have a higher say.
yeah why doesn't he again? if you respect him as a good player, how would he NOT have a higher say than you?
pls help me to understand

wait, are you trying to say that i'm as good as lambchops is since lambchops isn't better than zhu? why, thanks. i think i'll go start beating everyone good at genesis now brb

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
the first falco i saw fair was well over a year ago when dope did like a 40% uthrow-fair combo on a marth (forgot who). but i dunno who started using it first, as if it matters.

so if i visit CT in like may who would chill wif me? :\

bolt.

Smash Ace
the first falco i saw fair was well over a year ago when dope did like a 40% uthrow-fair combo on a marth (forgot who). but i dunno who started using it first, as if it matters.

I would, we could play lots of melee. I'll be driving by then too.:)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Then leave? Stop coming here?

I guess I meant to say they're rude in person beyond control. That's better. My apologies.
OK let's clear things up: I met you once, at a Mass Madness that like 100 people showed up to. You introduced yourself and I was a bit tentative but still said hello because we had fought online before (unlike you I take swf communication to be actual rhetoric). You suggested we money match. I hadn't even been there 5 minutes or played a single friendly in like 3 months (johns) but I said sure and we played a game and then were kicked off our TV during the second one. We said we'll finish it later. You proceeded to beat a few people in the brawl tournament and brag about it loudly to anyone who would listen. You asked me how I was doing in brawl singles and I said I was out and you literally said "Scrub." and played it off as joking around. You asked if I wanted to finish our MM and I said nah I didn't really care if that's cool. That's it.

So yes I am rude BEYOND CONTROL.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Nah I'm actually really polite/personable to pretty much everybody but you.

Genesis was the only tournament where we were rooting for MaNg0. The only reason being...it was VS Europe. If it was against anyone from East Coast or actually possibly West Coast (?) we would have been against him. America did not want to lose one of the biggest tournaments ever to Europe......to a smasher we all underestimated. MaNg0 won that set simply because he took away all the momentum that Armada had and the crowd went ****ing insane. It doesn't matter how many more games he had to win...it could have been 30 more games. The point is is that the crowd went ****ing nuts and if he didn't kill Armada with a rest...he would have lost. P.C. even said it to me himself. I talked to him the next day and he linked me to the youtube video of the crowds reaction.
If Armada couldn't take the pressure, he didn't deserve to win.

I've had people yell and shout during my matches. It's very distracting. Mango has the perfect temperament for Smash, which is yet another reason why he's the best player in the world.

Having a purple name doesn't mean crap. You're not a top level player so stop acting like you are.
Money match?

Stop being a jerk and be rational....in person. I respect you as a good smasher and competitor but I don't respect you as a person.
T_T

Take a look at my responses to Jam, Hazy, and bolt....not really much hate there, Is there? Also, I dont really get mad at Aesir, lil, darc, dazwa, or trademark........hmmmmmm. Maybe its because I know they're good/cool people at heart. Everyone has a social ego and that is to be expected but I get over that with them.....
All those people think you're dumb too. Trust me.

You know what's funny? I used to not have a problem with you at all. In fact, I used to stick up for you when other people insulted you. Now my relationship with everybody ELSE hasn't changed at all. I pretty much get along with everybody in this community except you. Why do you suppose that is?

The same goes for Cog, Mogwai, Dazwa, SleepyK, and everybody else you've argued with.

Well, maybe not Mogwai cause he's a ****, but everybody else.

Actually, SleepyK stands out to me as a particularly fine example because he's literally one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life.[/meatride]

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Notice how I only invoke flame wars when you or Mogwai act like complete tools? :bee:
No, you always invoke flame wars. Cog and Dave and I act like "complete tools" when we call you out on your stupid posts. Besides, our complete tooldom doesn't seem to cause flame wars with anyone else, so perhaps it's time you looked in the mirror when looking for the problem here.

Not to call you out Mogwai but when you basically said "Yeah, man lets play smash tonight." and then I called you and you said Scar was over and then you basically said "Yeah, i dont want to play with you now." was beyond ****ing ****.
Not to call you out, but here, let me call you out on taking the opportunity to play with your bro who lives 2.5 hours away and is a better player than you rather than driving an hour to beat up on my scrubby ***.

Get over it.

Or don't, frankly, I don't care anymore.

Sleepy, I think you, and basically all of the south, terribly overrate chops. His laser tech execution is impeccable, but beyond that, I honestly don't see anything terrible sophisticated about his game. Zhu's understanding of the neutral position and how to follow ups combos seem miles ahead of Chops from what I've seen.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yes, SleepyK is awesome.

and I agree with Mogwai, Chops is not as good as the other top level Falcos imo. He's great, yes, but Zhu and Shiz and Dr. PP and Mango are a lot better overall. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses though.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Do you know if you can come over yet?

Oh and thanks pof. =D
D: I'll call you when I'm leaving and the GPS tells me when I'll be there.

Then you tell me if its worth it! :3

*Hugs*

Actually, SleepyK stands out to me as a particularly fine example because he's literally one of the nicest people I've ever met in my life.[/meatride]
This.

Everybody watch this and marvel at how amazing RX is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V15_lZTiEAI
I'm marveling at how DOUBLE POSTING YOU ARE >:O!
Can I has mod now?
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Hey, remember like 3-4 years ago when we were all friends and I still lived in CT...I miss those times.
Me too. I miss you and JC and Nesskid and Lock and Rep :(

Fo' Swords 4 Lyfe Ni99A

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Sleepy is required by his region to meatride Chops. If he doesn't, the klan burns some chinese food in his front yard. Yeah that's the best racist thing I can come up with right now, sue me.
lol, the funny thing to me is that most southern smashers I've met are Black/Hispanic.

But I dunno, southern smash meatriding goes too far...

Top Bottom