• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
usually the person who wants to play makes the drive. if you want to play, come over.
that's not true. you invite people over your place for bros often.
you want to bros and they want to bros. it's like a mutual thing.
you have a place to bros and you want to bros, you offer your bros bros so you guys can super bros brothers bros

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
LOL Sleepy. I loved that.

I invite people over my place because I drive for my job and merely drive over 500 miles a week. That is a BIG reason why i dont travel for tournaments. I drive Noodles, go to vintages, bolts, swifts, and mike $s. I gave up on going to Rocky Hill for Brookman and Silas because frankly, I dont understand why they just can't come down here every once in a while if they want to play.

a connecticut thread? woo-hoo.
Not too far from me. We should play sometime.

Do you play Melee? Brawl +? Brawl? All three?

I play all three.

Oh yeah, so I basically kind of learned the Marth VS Meta Knight match up and now the game is about 10% less gay. lol

SleepyK

LOL Sleepy. I loved that.

I invite people over my place because I drive for my job and merely drive over 500 miles a week. That is a BIG reason why i dont travel for tournaments. I drive Noodles, go to vintages, bolts, swifts, and mike $s. I gave up on going to Rocky Hill for Brookman and Silas because frankly, I dont understand why they just can't come down here every once in a while if they want to play.

Not too far from me. We should play sometime.

Do you play Melee? Brawl +? Brawl? All three?

I play all three.

Oh yeah, so I basically kind of learned the Marth VS Meta Knight match up and now the game is about 10% less gay. lol
you do have to be willing to travel for tournaments since OOS experience is the best experience.
i can see why you'd dislike driving so far though. try to get rides with other folk as opposed to trying to drive yourself, that usually helps.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
WTF Uncharted 2 is so amazing. I played it until 4AM and only stopped because my contacts were making me unable to see the screen.

vintage

Smash Cadet
Anyone up for some melee tonight? POF? Noodles?

You've come to my place once and I've been to your place like 10+ times. Not that I'm complaining, because I actually don't mind driving, but my name does not belong on that list.

SleepyK

So instead of quitting melee, I feel like I should just quit marth for a while and just use falco. =|

typically when someone hits a wall and they decide to branch out to another character, they'll just hit that same wall with the other character eventually.
you just need to play with someone a lot better than you and ask them what you're doing wrong and how you should be doing things.
example, pof, you should ask zoso or possibly darc for info.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ppssssttttt! Aesir! Pick up Mewtwo! Once you get over the urge to commit suicide, its actually a lot of fun!
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If you're gonna switch characters, try using somebody you suck with/are unfamiliar with. It forces you to fly by the seat of your pants. All you have to rely on is your innate game sense and tech skill. Although, as John pointed out, it doesn't really do anything for your overall skill level. It's mostly just a good way to alter your perspective. Anything that forces you out of your comfort zone is good, really.

E.g. I've been playing Jiggs all week.

Aesir

Smash Master
typically when someone hits a wall and they decide to branch out to another character, they'll just hit that same wall with the other character eventually.
you just need to play with someone a lot better than you and ask them what you're doing wrong and how you should be doing things.
example, pof, you should ask zoso or possibly darc for info.
Marc is typically a much better player then me, but he never really gives me insightful things. That probably has to do with the fact that we play all the time. =| I generally hate asking what I'm doing wrong because it's such a broad question.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yeah, it can be hard to learn anything playing the same person all the time.

Just don't worry about winning. Play to learn.

SleepyK

indeed
1) watching vids of yourself is a great way to learn
2) asking marc won't help because marc doesn't play marth, really. he can tell you what he likes to pick on you about, but not what you should be doing instead.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Elly Kim Hong (aka Elly Tran Ha)

good stuff joey

watching vids is like one of the most important things ever. Sports players watch tons of footage. You just can't watch em for combo's and obscure stuff, you have to really sit down and take note of everything going on. Thats what I did when I was coming up.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
LOL

Yeah, I watch Marth vids allllllll the time. I always ask the question "What would I have done in that situation?" and I decide if that was either A-a good choice, B-a bad one or C-a decent one but i had better options. Combo videos are only really good for expanding your creativity in the game...not much else.

Working on your toughest match ups is also the way to go because then when you face something you dont mind playing its like, "yay, my life is soooo much easier now!" and you become more confident.

I try to play w Swift when I can because hes on so much more of a different scale than me. When I play other people i'm just like, "lol, you're not swift! yay!"

SleepyK

well the issue is that self analysis can only get you so far because there are probably a ton of nuances you can't even see. Lambchops opened my eyes to a million things i didn't even notice in vids.
once again i would recommend asking perhaps ZoSo, the hayes bros, g$, ether..
the good marthz

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
links to justin wong plz
It was on a livestream. I'm sure it'll be up on youtube soon, I'll post links when they go up. JWong got this amazing *** combo to win one of the rounds, iirc it was like...EX Chicken Wing->Command Grab->Fierce->Fire Kick thingy->FADC->Chicken Wing->Ultra

Dazwa uses Marth? Never saw that. His Young Link is amazing.
Young Link is pretty baller, yes.

Top Bottom