• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You don't know where to look and what to look for. $10.75 (It might even be higher now, but thats what it cost last time I saw a movie.) to go see something I could watch for free within an hour or so? No thanks. I only go to the movies if some of my friends want to go pretty much unless its something like a Star Wars movie or something I've really been looking forward to. Judging by the quality of some of the recent movies put out, I doubt that situation will ever arise again. Movies are all about $$$$ now and we all know that to be 100% true. Also, laptop screens are now able to project HD quality....so...how is a laptop screen puny??

Last time I pirated a movie I got it in DVD quality and that was The Departed.

I personally know cops who pirate movies. It's really not a big deal. It used to be a HUGE deal and it was a lesser known thing/harder to pull off but nowadays you can easily find movies on the internet. I remember when I pirated the first Spiderman (Whcih I own as well.) and everyone was like WTF? How the hell did you find that movie? Now, some peoples collections are solely pirated films. The only way you can get caught pirating is if you are a ****ing moron about it and try to make money off of it by selling your copies to people. I am 100% all for buying movies that deserve your twenty or so dollars but trying to go against piracy is just ******** at this point. That's like saying a group of facebook kids not filling up for gas on one day can bring down the cost of gasoline. haha
You go see the movies where the premise interests you and that is well receieved among critics and moviegoers alike. That greatly increases your chances of enjoying yourself for 2 hours or so hours, which I think is more than worth the 10 bucks you'll spend.

Btw, I saw The Departed in theaters opening weekend and it kicked ***

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Btw, I saw The Departed in theaters opening weekend and it kicked ***
ah mah god The Departed is one of my favorite movies along with Lucky Number Slevin. edit now that i think about it, those two are actually trumped by Empire Strikes Back and Thank You For Smoking.

I'm torrenting Memento right now because I couldn't find it in my podunk georgia town. Thats a pretty good reason to pirate as opposed to purchase.

MCFOX

thumbswayup

Smash Master
ah mah god The Departed is one of my favorite movies along with Lucky Number Slevin. edit now that i think about it, those two are actually trumped by Empire Strikes Back and Thank You For Smoking.

I'm torrenting Memento right now because I couldn't find it in my podunk georgia town. Thats a pretty good reason to pirate as opposed to purchase.

MCFOX
Thank You For Smoking was hilarious. I love that movie. Memento is a great film <3 Christopher Nolan.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
After getting a modchip for my ps1 when i was like 10, I've pirated games ever since.
I purchase ones that I really want to support.
I don't pirate movies too often; the movie ticket price isn't only for the movie but the moviegoing experience, which is slowly dying in America. It's a real shame since there's a long and illustrious history behind the movies.
Also, if you go before 6 pm you get the matinee pricing, which is like 6 dollars usually, which really isn't bad at all.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
@ Bond talk: Brosnan was my favorite Bond, honestly.

I heard Clive Owen was being considered. I love Clive Owen, so I think it would be interesting, but... I don't know. I just don't see him as Bond.

I pirated No Country for Old Men awhile ago and I got an e-mail from my ISP basically saying that the MPAA was trying to sue them for my information so they could press charges. Good times.

Also, I pirated Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and it was amazing. Anybody who likes anime should see it.

I'd like to go to the theatre more, but it's just gotten so expensive that I don't really bother these days.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Dave, next time I am in New England, I am taking you and Dylan out on a threesome date to the movies.

Aesir

Smash Master
Attorneys need evidence to prove 1+1=11 other wise the judge will call you a moron.

However as a politician you can say 1+1=11 just as long as you're good at talking, likable, and your supporters will defend you to the death lol.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Attorneys need evidence to prove 1+1=11 other wise the judge will call you a moron.

However as a politician you can say 1+1=11 just as long as you're good at talking, likable, and your supporters will defend you to the death lol.
thank you for smoking was amazing :D

i dont remember the exact quote the guy said it was something like

"as long as you argue correctly you can never be wrong"

Nygma

Smash Cadet
Yes, The Departed was too good. It was a bit over hyped/rated but I still loved it.

Edit

So I went over Noodles's house today and I had been playing Melee pretty much all night with Marc last night and the beginning of today from like 9-11 and I go to Noodles "Hey, do you want to play Brawl? I know you like to practice for your tournies and stuff."
"No, I really don't want to."

Too Good.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> So I just watched a Hentai "Happy" ending for School Days.
That **** was just as messed up at the end anyways. Weird *** japanese people.
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Thanks! If you can find a better logo for the left side, though, feel free to point one out, I don't like the fuzzy pic of Sendo <_<

Top Bottom