• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I just sent pms about housing for my tourny to:
noodles416; Prince Of Fire ; Cort ; Jam Stunna ; awsmsean ; trademark0013 ; Mogwai

Anyone else think they might be able to house some people for Bullheaded Onychomys?

If so, post here/ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197728 with the info provided below.

Name:
# of housable remaining:
How far away:
Pets:
Currently Housing:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Alright, thanks Chum. Any idea how many you'd be able to house... if you were to house?

Cort

Apple Head
I cant house cause my mom is insane and as a result I'm insane.

However I did build a lamp post out of cinnamon buns, it should buy us some time.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
let me kno when u do and i'll try and make an appearance
Will do sir. Will do.

I guess?

There aren't enough good Marth players. I think Marth needs to be played smarter than falco, fox, and sheik at high levels, and his play style is extremely match up based. Marth has the potential to be the best character in the game because of his versatility, but mastering him is harder than mastering the other 3 most used tourney characters. He has the most potential, and has the potential for the most creativity and unpredictability. The only problem is, fox and falco are more successful in tourneys because for the most part, not always, but for the most part, they can be played the same way without adjusting to their match ups, and be more successful than a marth that plays without changing thier style according to matchups. Fox and Falco have less potential to be creative and unpredictable, but marth has more versatility than fox, falco, and sheik. Marth's versatility has only been utilized to the max by a few players, Ken and Azen being among them, and this is the reason Marth was top tier at one point. Since the tier list is based solely on tourney results, and fox and falco are easier to master than Marth (not tech wise, but match up wise) ppl play fox and falco more than marth, and generally do better than marth in tourneys, because Marth is more difficult to be successful with at a high level of play than fox and falco are. For this reason, I've noticed a significant increase in fox and falco's in tourneys, and again because the tier list is based on tourney results, marth is not top tier. He is high tier though, and this is because more ppl play Marth than they play other characters like DK, Ness, Bowser. This is because marth is obviously a better character than everyone else in the tiers below him. This is an extremely unbalanced fighting game. Others may argue that peach is harder to use than marth, and that's why the number of peaches in tourneys have gone down, and that's also why peach has moved down the tier list, but IMO marth is a better character than peach, with more potential.

Summary: A Marth that is successful in high levels of play requires the player to be smarter, more creative, and unpredictable than Fox, Falco and Sheik. For this reason, 1.) Marth's have been played less in recent tourneys, 2.) It's easier to be successful with Fox, Falco and Sheik.
Quoted For Truth.

I agree with pretty much everything here and I think now that I think about it, is a key reason as to why I play Marth. Marth has so much more style due to the fact that you really need to be more unpredictable. Marth looks good and so do his moves. Fox, Falco, and Sheik are copy and paste. With Fox, Falco, and Sheik generally all of your matchups are the same process. With Marth, you really do have to learn the match up a lot more and know what you have to do/avoid.

Yes, OBVIOUSLY you need to know matchups for EVERY character BUT Fox and Falco definitely do the same crap for EVERY MATCH UP. Falco-pillar, laser spam, fsmash. Fox-Shine spike, nair, bair, uthrow, uair. Sheik-Tilts or any other move to fair.

Marth-Yes, you spam fair and its really good but it is much more difficult (not taking into account tech skill) to space properly and time your tips and non tippers right to get your opponent to where they need to be. In a sense, Marth is all about timing and spacing while Fox and Falco are more focused on tech skill and speed.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Alright, thanks Chum. Any idea how many you'd be able to house... if you were to house?
Um alot i guess, I think we have 3 extra futons, and extra bed, couple couches, and alot of floor space. I'll have to talk with my mom when I come back home though, I should be able to do 5+ but don't qoute me on that, its up to my mom.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Marth has so much more style due to the fact that you really need to be more unpredictable. Marth looks good and so do his moves. Fox, Falco, and Sheik are copy and paste. With Fox, Falco, and Sheik generally all of your matchups are the same process. With Marth, you really do have to learn the match up a lot more and know what you have to do/avoid.
No.

I could probably play by play an entire M2K match telling you what his Marth is going to do the entire time. Unpredictable my ass, Marth is just as predictable (if not moreso) than spacies and sheik. Get off Marth's dick and stop trying to tell people why he's so much cooler and requires so much more thought than their characters.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
No.

I could probably play by play an entire M2K match telling you what his Marth is going to do the entire time. Unpredictable my ass, Marth is just as predictable (if not moreso) than spacies and sheik. Get off Marth's dick and stop trying to tell people why he's so much cooler and requires so much more thought than their characters.
This. ^

Smooth Criminal

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
No.

ggs mogwai.

xD

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i main sheik now most of the time

I only use fox for teams SOMETIMES (half the time it's sheik now), gay stages, fox dittos, and I guess puff when my tech skill is really good.

Marth is for falco (half the time fox, other half fox dittos if i lose w/ marth) but my sheik RAAAAAAAPES falco now

Aesir

Smash Master
No.

Basically... this post wins. lol

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
No.

I literally probably kept this "Reply to Thread" screen on for a good ten minutes editing what I would say to you. Just be ****ing happy that I'm not in the mood to go get pissed off.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oooooo.

I actually like your music selection, Jam. Very catchy. What was the name of the song playing in the ICs versus Peach match? I especially liked that one.

This is a cool song that I highly recommend for next time, since it seems to be right up your alley. 'S called "The Devil's Wedding," a collaborative effort between Serj Tankian (former frontman for System of a Down) and Arto Tunçboyacıyan (an Armenian avant-garde musician). Even if you're not crazy about Tankian, you'll find the beat infectious as all hell (and really, it doesn't play up to Serj's vocals anyway). Hell, Arto on his own is really cool too. You should check him out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUHMEuYFugw

I wish I could find a woman with compatible interests. >__>

Smooth Criminal

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
your dumb =)
I just died on the floor laughing at this.

Edit

Jam:My youtube just got like 10 new vids added. Check them out. I'm downloading some music now so I can't watch your vids just yet. Will do so tomorrow though up in New Britain when I go play with Papito and perhaps Trademark. You should join us, are you free? It's been a while since I've seen you and we definitely need to change that soon.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Smooth Criminal, the IC song is "O Samba da Minha Terra" by Os Novos Baianos. They're a band from Brazil from the 70's, and it's also one of my favorite songs.

PoF, I'm working tomorrow, but maybe we can set something up soon.

Top Bottom