• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
"As the mighty tide swept the land on Tuesday night, I was transfixed. As the pundits pondered red states and blue states, projections and exit polls, I was swept with emotion. Not because America was "electing its first Black president." That comes a little late in the day. It was because America was electing the right President.

Our long national nightmare is ending. America will not soon again start a war based on lies and propaganda. We will not torture. We will restore the rights of freedom of speech, freedom of privacy, and habeas corpus. We will enter at last in the struggle against environmental disaster. Our ideas will once again be more powerful than our weapons. During the last eight years, the beacon on the hill flickered out. Now the torch will shine again.

We will bring our troops home, in the right way. Am I against the war? Of course. Do I support our troops? Of course. They were sent to endanger their lives by zealots with occult objectives. More than 4,000 of them have died. Even more lives have been lost by our coalition forces than by our own.

Do I blame George Bush? At the end of the day, I don't know that I really do. I agree with Oliver Stone that Bush never knew he had been misled until it was too late. I blame those who used him as their puppet. The unsmiling men standing in the shadows. On Tuesday the righteous people of America stood up and hammered them down.

Lots of people stayed up late Tuesday night. They listened McCain's gracious, eloquent concession speech. He was a good man at heart, caught up in a perfect storm of history. He had the wrong policies and the wrong campaign. At the end, let me tell you about a hunch I have. In the privacy of the voting booth, I think there is a possibility that Condoleezza Rice voted for Obama.

I stayed up late. As I watched, I remembered. In 1968 I was in the streets as a reporter, when the Battle of Grant Park ended eight years of Democratic presidents and opened an era when the Republicans would control the White House for 28 of the next 40 years. "The whole world is watching!" the demonstrators cried, as the image of Chicago was tarnished around the world. On Tuesday night, the world again had its eyes on Grant Park. I saw tens and tens of thousands of citizens with their hearts full, smiling through their tears. As at all of Obama's rallies, our races stood proudly side by side, as it should be. We are finally, finally, beginning to close that terrible chapter of American history

President Obama is not an obsessed or fearful man. He has no grandiose ideological schemes to lure us into disaster. He won because of a factor the pundits never mentioned. He was the grown-up. He has a rational mind, a steady hand, and a first-rate intelligence. But, oh, it will be hard for him. He inherits a wrong war, a disillusioned nation, and a crumbling economy. He may have to be a Depression president.

What gives me hope is that a great idealistic movement rose up to support him. Some say a million and a half volunteers. Millions more donated to his campaign. He won votes that crossed the lines of gender, age, race, ethnicity, geography and political party. He was the right man at a dangerous time. If ever a president was elected by we the people, he is that president.

America was a different place when I grew up under Truman, Eisenhower and, yes, even Nixon. On Tuesday that America remembered itself, and stood up to be counted."

-Roger Ebert

I love this guy.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I hate car problems.

-I have to get a new oil pan and gasket in order to change my oil. That's going to be $400. (needs to be done in less than 1000 miles)
-Then I have to spend $90(diagnostics test) to figure out if I need to spend $1000, $900, or $300 (needs to be done asap) This makes me pass emissions.

Good thing I have $450 to cover a grand total of $800/$1400/$1500.

I'm not going to Chris's. My parents just ****ing told me 5 mins ago I have to ****ing work on Saturday even though they told me Thursday I don't have to work Saturday. Sooooo gay.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
I hate car problems.

-I have to get a new oil pan and gasket in order to change my oil. That's going to be $400. (needs to be done in less than 1000 miles)
-Then I have to spend $90(diagnostics test) to figure out if I need to spend $1000, $900, or $300 (needs to be done asap) This makes me pass emissions.

Good thing I have $450 to cover a grand total of $800/$1400/$1500.

I'm not going to Chris's. My parents just ****ing told me 5 mins ago I have to ****ing work on Saturday even though they told me Thursday I don't have to work Saturday. Sooooo gay.
i can do the diagnostics test for your car for free. what do you drive and what year? and im pretty sure i can get you the oil pan and gasket for way cheaper too.

edit- 4:20 yes!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Papito, my friend has the same thing that you have and the guy said they need more info.
At this place, the oil pan is 140 and the gasket is 58... labor is 135.

But hey, my dad is friends with a mechanic and he's going to JUST charge me parts hopefully. So it'll end up being like $500.. or so I can hope.

At the time I posted, I was kinda like, freaking out since I'm poor and can't afford that much, lol.

Thanks, Papito.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I've actually stopped smoking weed. I need to be able to pass a drug test should a good job ever become available.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
lol, well idc if you are in college, but if its near Connecticut College then yeah
nobody here plays smash (very well at least) and I can't get my fix
Where is Connecticut College? If it's near Hartford, I'm usually available.

EDIT- I don't really play Brawl though.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
i available a lot too i live in bloomfield... next to hartford. also poffy i found your hat you left over here when you came over a while back... my nephews finally cleand there room

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
it's in new london, so I think thats about an hour from Hartford
:O You're like, a half hour from me.
You'd have to travel up 95 and get off at exit 63, that's about a half hour, right?

I play Brawl, Melee, and Melee 2.0, because its all so much **** good fun.

OH YEA.
So I was playing MK on Corneria last night.
I go down to the ships lasers, and then they activate.
>_> I managed to survive while taking 140% damage.

<_< MK is still broken.

-DD

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
@trade
its still like 3 weeks away but when i come home for thxgiving break can I get a ride to the biweekly? tryin to get in what I can because im probly staying int pitt for while, as in, may NOT be comin home for the summer.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
yeah i just cleaned up everything and stuff. POF had to leave because he had work and since he drove he had to bring back cort noodles trademark too. Reno, jman, hazz, hbk, and gmoney left this morning for a tournament so it ended earlier than expected. :( it was still fun though :)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yeah i just cleaned up everything and stuff. POF had to leave because he had work and since he drove he had to bring back cort noodles trademark too. Reno, jman, hazz, hbk, and gmoney left this morning for a tournament so it ended earlier than expected. :( it was still fun though :)
Got my TV and yea, still fun, though I really wish I had gotten a chance to play Cort. Also, I didn't play you enough... oh wells :(. Maybe in a couple months you'll have another day off to spend on smash :)

Good stuff then.

Am I a bad person for hoping that Critical Hit 4.5 fails horribly?
No, it's part of Melee Player Nature. You can't control the hope that everything Brawl crashes and burns.

EDIT: Also Budai, if you wanna come down to Stamford to play today, you're more than welcome to, I don't really have anything on and will probably just waste the rest of the day watching TV shows I've missed recently.

Top Bottom