• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Does anyone know any alternatives to soldering metal? Google speaks of an adhesive with metal elements in it to assist conducting electricity...
massart has numerous courses in metal, and a shop that is pretty accessible to students that need to do this type of thing, with people there JUST TO HELP YOU.

... <.<

just sayn

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Is the problem that you don't know how to solder or that you don't have access to the necessary materials? Because soldering isn't really hard at all.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:D HAPPY V DAY.
V!
V!
V!
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv!
>_>.
V!
-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
McCain's concession speech was the classiest thing he's done or said in his entire campaign. I could see the pained look in his eyes when the crowd kept booing every mention of Obama... it was like he was thinking "What have I created... this is the reason I lost, you idiots!." It was actually sad.

I maintain that half the reason he was so sucessful was because he took the high road so often.
i co-sign both these points

also, someone help me work on spacies

Aesir

Smash Master
actually I think the classiest thing was at a town hall meeting when a conversation with a woman and him went something like this.

Woman: I'm not alright with Obama as a president.

McCain: because of the lack of experience right?

Woman: No because he's Arab....

McCain *takes the mic away from her* No, I'm not going to have any of that. then goes on to explain that Obama isn't some great evil.

The classy John McCain is the Senator the actual Maverick >_>

trademark0013

Smash Champion
u can ptube those. i aint break out yet, but i have few cameos in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Directors Cut, some random Kevin Smith film, and I played opposite Wesley Pipes in The Dark Knight X, in which I'm the guy who shes cheating on. Sucked, but I still got to hit.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
no she did actually said arab

mccain then said "no hes not, hes a family man" then explained that obama wasnt some crazy terrorist

also this article is interesting

http://www.newsweek.com/id/167581

basically describes what went on a little bit behind the campaigns. palin basically hi jacked mccain according to the article.

Aesir

Smash Master
yeah a lot of people give McCain a bad Rep but if anyone is political savvy as I am you would know the mccain that ran for president is not the real john mccain.

It's the same thing with Al Gore, the gore who ran for president isn't the same gore who ever environmentalists loves.

I honestly think McCain was taking campaign advisory from Karl Rove, because all of his campaign ads seem duplicate arguments made in obamination.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
from the newsweke article

#
# Palin launched her attack on Obama's association with William Ayers, the former Weather Underground bomber, before the campaign had finalized a plan to raise the issue. McCain's advisers were working on a strategy that they hoped to unveil the following week, but McCain had not signed off on it, and top adviser Mark Salter was resisting.
# McCain also was reluctant to use Obama's incendiary pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, as a campaign issue. The Republican had set firm boundaries: no Jeremiah Wright; no attacking Michelle Obama; no attacking Obama for not serving in the military. McCain balked at an ad using images of children that suggested that Obama might not protect them from terrorism. Schmidt vetoed ads suggesting that Obama was soft on crime (no Willie Hortons). And before word even got to McCain, Schmidt and Salter scuttled a "celebrity" ad of Obama dancing with talk-show host Ellen DeGeneres (the sight of a black man dancing with a lesbian was deemed too provocative).
While publicly supporting Palin, McCain's top advisers privately fumed at what they regarded as her outrageous profligacy. One senior aide said that Nicolle Wallace had told Palin to buy three suits for the convention and hire a stylist. But instead, the vice presidential nominee began buying for herself and her family—clothes and accessories from top stores such as Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. According to two knowledgeable sources, a vast majority of the clothes were bought by a wealthy donor, who was shocked when he got the bill. Palin also used low-level staffers to buy some of the clothes on their credit cards. The McCain campaign found out last week when the aides sought reimbursement. One aide estimated that she spent "tens of thousands" more than the reported $150,000, and that $20,000 to $40,000 went to buy clothes for her husband. Some articles of clothing have apparently been lost. An angry aide characterized the shopping spree as "Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast," and said the truth will eventually come out when the Republican Party audits its books.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i hope the gop would throw palin and the rest of the fundies under the bus but I seriously doubt it

also a gem on obama LOL

The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, "I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me … answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."
there is alot of post election news coming out from the campaigns and there is so much dirt on palin and the constant internal conflict between her and mccain it's ridiculous, palin threw him under the bus for her own good. *****.

Aesir

Smash Master
I dunno whether it's because I'm really tired, or I just want to get this essay done but the fact that my sister is in here being nosy as **** is pissing me right the hell off.

_V_

Smash Ace
mmmm.. a warglaive dropped from tonights full clear BT and one of our rogues got it =O
So ****ing gay.

My stupid guild continued our BT tonight without me and my friend.

Too bad they wiped on Mother because they didn't have their number one dps and number 1 tank :)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
milktea, you can just use any conductive material, really. i used aluminum foil to fix my laptop cable <_<

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I stayed up until 4 am playing Starcraft when I had to wake up at 6:30 this morning lol I'm so ****ing stupid. But that game is so addicting, but WTF I kept losing to my friend who just kept rushing with the Zerg. How the hell do I beat him? Everytime I stop his rush with Photon Canons he just builds an army of Hydralisks and Mutalisks and non stop attacks me. He's ridiculously fast.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Craft is really hard. I find Toss annoying as zerg because Archons/Templars with storm are so **** good vs. Mutas and can really do a number on Hydra armies too. You just need to play Toss fast enough to keep up with the zerg early and then play safe and methodically (at least vs. me that's how Toss usually wins :().

thumbswayup

Smash Master
LMAO I walked right into that one

edit- Jam I love AOE2. I used to be pretty good at it, but then everyone stopped playing so I gave up on it.

edit- Mogwai yeah that's usually what I try to go for, but again, he's been playing so much longer than I have. He knows all the hotkeys and what counters what. He finds my base very quickly at the beginning and then overruns me. The moment I get anything great out (carrier, reaver, dark/high templar) he's already destroyed all of my defense and greatly outnumbers me. ****ing Zerg.

Top Bottom