• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Jam-I might be able to play tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Yeah so NinjaLink and I were playing the Melee and Brawl game last night. We tried Smash 64 but I fell asleep during our first match. He kept having to wake me up haha haha. I did this one sick combo...then started to fall asleep.

His Roy is surprisingly REALLY good. I'm not used to fighting good Roys. It beat me my Marth once or twice. His spacing was really really good with him. I BARELY beat him with my Falco for god sakes.

We playe some Brawl too and every time I used MK our matches were extremely close but if i chose anyone else he'd **** me. I'm going to go wake him up now and play his Diddy. I have yet to do that.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Gabriel got his first KO all on his own today! He was Marth, and he killed a level 1 Peach. No help from daddy this time, he built up her damage and got the KO on his own.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Gabriel got his first KO all on his own today! He was Marth, and he killed a level 1 Peach. No help from daddy this time, he built up her damage and got the KO on his own.
Haha nice. M2K better watch himself. In a couple of years he'll be wrecking people left and right.

Dude I got that many posts from...posting? LOL Idk it's mostly spam I think.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
T-T That kind of news makes me concerned for my well being as an American citizen.
>_>.

=[[[[ Sandra is busy on Saturday.
<_< and since I'm saving up to get her something pretty and sparkly...or a PSP[Haven't decided yet], I don't think I'll give up cash to be in the LLHS2 brackets.
:D I'll play friendlies though!
-DD
I think Garrett is requiring everybody who walks through the door to pay $10.

noodles

Smash Champion
thats dumb isnt there already a venue fee? to help encourage people to enter or something? ill pay venue but im not entering

if anything ill just show up after singles. he posted something about not having doubles for friendlies anyways

ZoSo

Smash Champion
thats dumb isnt there already a venue fee? to help encourage people to enter or something? ill pay venue but im not entering

if anything ill just show up after singles. he posted something about not having doubles for friendlies anyways
The $10 is supposed to ensure that everybody enters something.

noodles

Smash Champion
i cant find the posts but thats what the 2 dollars was suppose to be for (plus trouble of hosting the tourny) now theres no more doubles. instead the time that would of been used for doubles is for friendlies , he sent everyone a pm

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&

The $10 is supposed to ensure that everybody enters something.
i cant find the posts but thats what the 2 dollars was suppose to be for (plus trouble of hosting the tourny) now theres no more doubles. instead the time that would of been used for doubles is for friendlies , he sent everyone a pm
Yeah, its 10 dollars to get in but you can use that eight dollars to either enter doubles....or singles. There is NO ADDITIONAL venue fee guys. So basically, you're locked in for doubles or singles. I'm doing this because last time we had EIGHT participants for Melee Singles. That's right, eight. And YES, there still is doubles. I am not getting rid of anything Noodles.

noodles

Smash Champion
Please Read
Hey guys,

Earlier today I spoke with Jam/Jam Stunna/Peanut Butter and Jam about a few things. He mentioned to me that I should perhaps get rid of doubles or make singles first seeing as the Singles Bracket is more important to me. He suggested this because of the fact that people who are traveling a long distance will have to be leaving at a decent time. If doubles takes too long...we have to get food etc....we may find that certain people will not have time to participate in Singles and will just want a few friendlies and be on there way.

However, I DO NOT plan on switching anything around seeing as I have already done so multiple times with counter picks, the venue fee, and the food arrangements. I'm now expecting a good 40+ people at this tournament. No Doubt. I do not want to take anything away from this and I do not want to disappoint anyone who was looking forward to doubles.

That being said, I need you guys to try and do your best on the following

-Getting Here: If you are picking up multiple people please please please PLAN WITH THEM AND MAKE SURE YOU ALL GET HERE ON TIME. For those of you traveling really far (100+ miles) I can understand if you're a good 20-25 minutes late...please try your best though. There's going to be a lot of people here and I want to run things smoothly. I do not want to be waiting for people and prolonging this whole event and pushing everything back.

-Please Bring EXACT Change: If you've got a ten dollar bill-get a five and five singles or if you've got a 20...break it so I can quickly put your money into the pot and move things along. I do not want to be sitting by my bar making change for 20-30 or whatever people. It's a small thing to ask. Just get change from someone or go to the bank sometime this week. It makes my life a lot easier. Singles and Fives are preffered.

-Contacting Me: If at ANY point during the day you need to contact me/ask me something/alert me of when you are at my house etc please call my cell phone (203) 980-6616 or TXT it.

Also: When you come in the door plan on handing me your money so I can immediately put it into the proper pot. I will be making the singles and doubles pot and also be entering everyone in Tio ahead of time so when we are ready to play....I can seed everyone and we'll begin.

This is not like the last Hit Stun where we all got to hangout and just fool around due to the lack of attendance.

Basically, just help me out a bit by listening to me and this will be a ****ing sick *** time. I can't wait for this....i'm really pumped.

Thanks Again guys,

Garrett

mybad i stopped reading it after the first paragraph (i figured everything else was just reminders) does that mean i cant go for friendlies? im still paying for venue

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Jam-I might be able to play tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Yeah so NinjaLink and I were playing the Melee and Brawl game last night. We tried Smash 64 but I fell asleep during our first match. He kept having to wake me up haha haha. I did this one sick combo...then started to fall asleep.

His Roy is surprisingly REALLY good. I'm not used to fighting good Roys. It beat me my Marth once or twice. His spacing was really really good with him. I BARELY beat him with my Falco for god sakes.

We playe some Brawl too and every time I used MK our matches were extremely close but if i chose anyone else he'd **** me. I'm going to go wake him up now and play his Diddy. I have yet to do that.
*Imagines this being said in an Aussie Accent as Poffy stands over NinjaLink getting ready to jump on him and tie him up so he can have his wounds treated before being released back in the wild.*

-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Amazing.
Thats like...5324989x better than his first step.
o_o Can he even speak yet? I forget how old kids get before they start speaking >_>.

LOL

T_T god dammit he's gonna **** me
That match better be recorded too.

I did not read this, therefore it does not apply to me.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Nice. ****.
LOL OMG YOUTUBE HAS AN AUDIO PREVIEW OF COMMENTS NOW.
Obviously for the blind people who go on Youtube.

yeah me too,it makes me all jittery and cant concentrate.

whats the deal with this economic bail out **** that cant be good. where do they get the money for it? you cant just print money out of thin air, doesnt that create inflation?
>_> I suppose it balances out if you're too tired to play.

As for the bailout, yes, it will create [more] inflation. They figure as long as the entire economy doesn't bottom up, they'll eventually drain that money back out somehow.

-DD

Sox

Smash Journeyman
They aren't just printing it, its going to cost around 4k per person in taxes. Apparently there is a way to give the money back once the economy gets better, but i'm not sure their exact plan.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
They aren't just printing it, its going to cost around 4k per person in taxes. Apparently there is a way to give the money back once the economy gets better, but i'm not sure their exact plan.
Yea, they're printing and tossing it into the pockets of the crashing banks/businesses.

To get it back they'll probably up taxes or something[Hopefully on the companies once they recover] and then burn the money.

O_O!
Custom Custom Stages! Woo!
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
looks like i wont be buying my motorcycle this year :-(
=[ Maybe Ken can get you one if he wins Survivor!

Speaking of which, he is looking for a new ***** this time, he took the useless blonde chick from the other team and he is totally being a pimp again.

No termites though.

Yet.
-DD

Top Bottom