• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Cogsmooch has a joe sick pack.

ok I lied.

it's like a steve 4 pack.

my beard will solve the economic crisis. right after it gets done devouring poffy's soul for changing one of my posts.

edit: my name is ryan

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Garrett I wish you never signed up for SWF. (Because from what I hear you're cool IRL)

In regards to Frog: he had no silly accent in the japanese original but did in the US release. I'm sure most/all of you already knew that.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
In regards to Frog: he had no silly accent in the japanese original but did in the US release. I'm sure most/all of you already knew that.
I knew that, but guess which one I grew up playing? =(

Although SleepyK, he's got a different answer than me on that one.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So I just read that the DSi is region-locked, and it will get less life out of every battery charge than the DS Lite. Good game, Nintendo.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
**** the Wizard Class Quest.

And **** Earth monsters for being such good training that I wasted all my skill points on the fire bolts that I don't even need because I need the Ice bolts to do all the damage to the things that aren't weak to soul strike at the end of the fire room.

-_-.

>_> *opens up a "DD needs a restat fund".

-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
So I just read that the DSi is region-locked, and it will get less life out of every battery charge than the DS Lite. Good game, Nintendo.
Get a DS lite and then go buy cylopsds (ebay it) and then you won't be hating Nintendo so much. In fact....you'll go from hate.....to love.

Cog-Yes, I'm quite different in real life. I'm much more mellow and such.

But on the internet im a bit wacko and much like this---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHvhFZOOXrs&NR=1

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Get a DS lite and then go buy cylopsds (ebay it) and then you won't be hating Nintendo so much. In fact....you'll go from hate.....to love.

Cog-Yes, I'm quite different in real life. I'm much more mellow and such.

But on the internet im a bit wacko and much like this---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHvhFZOOXrs&NR=1
I was hoping for something more like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA

ANYWAYS:

CTer's! I need your help!
I'm doing a project for religion class for one silly reason or another, and I'm going to post a bunch of little things of information that I'd like people to reply to, so I can analyze the answers and do something with them that would be fancy.

Like make a graph.

ANYWAYS:
Race:
Religion:
Education:
Martial Status:

Provide quick ideas about the following:
Relationships:

Communication:

Commitments:

Happiness:
Evidently the teacher doesn't want us using names.
>_> There are no wrong answers, just fill it out as seriously as you can manage.
:3 Kthx!

-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
Race: Caucasian
Religion: Atheist
Education: College
Martial Status: Single

Relationships: When it comes to woman I have low expectations, laregely because my choice in woman tends to be woman who are either morally lacking, or woman who are indecisive. Ironically enough I've dated mostly Christians in my life.

There's probably no correlation though.

Communication: I communicate with others fairly well, in social scenes. However in a working environment I tend to keep to myself.

Commitments:
Doing well in my classes, working as many hours as I can, and finding whatever free time I can and doing whatever comes to mind at the time.

Happiness: I'm usually fairly happy, and I'm usually fairly happy when I'm not being bothered with things I don't care about.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Religion: Agnostic
Education: College Student

Provide quick ideas about the following: meow
Relationships: I've had two relationships that I consider to have been successful, and they were both based on friendship. I find myself in a relationship with someone who I share similar ambitions with semi often.

Communication: Pertaining to staying communicated in the now, I frequent facebook, AIM, texts, and email. Pertaining to personality and life, I find communicating with others fairly easy.

Commitments: Are easiest when taken seriously. The commitments that you drop... you weren't really committed to, now were you? I have a part time job, I'm a full time student, I'm committed to a few online forum-based games, my cat, my friends, and my studies.

Happiness: I'm almost always happy, theres not really anything in my life that is bringing me down.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Religion: Atheist

Relationships: When it comes to woman I have low expectations, laregely because my choice in woman tends to be woman who are either morally lacking, or woman who are indecisive. Ironically enough I've dated mostly Christians in my life.

There's probably no correlation though.

Communication: I communicate with others fairly well, in social scenes. However in a working environment I tend to keep to myself.

Commitments:
Doing well in my classes, working as many hours as I can, and finding whatever free time I can and doing whatever comes to mind at the time.

Happiness: I'm usually fairly happy, and I'm usually fairly happy when I'm not being bothered with things I don't care about.

Provide quick ideas about the following: meow
Relationships: I've had two relationships that I consider to have been successful, and they were both based on friendship. I find myself in a relationship with someone who I share similar ambitions with semi often.

Communication: Pertaining to staying communicated in the now, I frequent facebook, AIM, texts, and email. Pertaining to personality and life, I find communicating with others fairly easy.

Commitments: Are easiest when taken seriously. The commitments that you drop... you weren't really committed to, now were you? I have a part time job, I'm a full time student, I'm committed to a few online forum-based games, my cat, my friends, and my studies.

Happiness: I'm almost always happy, theres not really anything in my life that is bringing me down.

=D Thank you Aesir!! AND TOM!!!!<3
Two down, more to go.

-DD

_milktea

Smash Lord
Race: Chinese

Relationships: Often mistaken for purely sex these days. They are incredibly important to me, despite my constant pessimistic outlook on them. Both intimate and platonic ones play important roles in our lives, though, intimate > platonic ones.

Communication: One of the most important things in life, despite my constant awkwardness around people. Humans are not meant to be isolated, period. This is fact, not opinion. Babies who have been either deliberately or accidentally isolated as a child, and therefore lack any type of language, either die a premature death or are mentally-challenged. Though, not many people these days are worth communicating to, roflrofl. I mean, I guess it's nice to have spoken to idiots anyways just to get a greater sense of self-worth.

Commitments: Everyone should have a significant commitment(s) of some sort in their life. Incredibly apathetic people anger me and often make me question their existence. If you don't care about anything, just die.

Happiness: Something you don't realize you have until you lose it, and then you regret ever having taken it for granted.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Race: Chinese

Relationships: Often mistaken for purely sex these days. They are incredibly important to me, despite my constant pessimistic outlook on them. Both intimate and platonic ones play important roles in our lives, though, intimate > platonic ones.

Communication: One of the most important things in life, despite my constant awkwardness around people. Humans are not meant to be isolated, period. This is fact, not opinion. Babies who have been either deliberately or accidentally isolated as a child, and therefore lack any type of language, either die a premature death or are mentally-challenged. Though, not many people these days are worth communicating to, roflrofl. I mean, I guess it's nice to have spoken to idiots anyways just to get a greater sense of self-worth.

Commitments: Everyone should have a significant commitment(s) of some sort in their life. Incredibly apathetic people anger me and often make me question their existence. If you don't care about anything, just die.

Happiness: Something you don't realize you have until you lose it, and then you regret ever having taken it for granted.
LOL.
Thanks Lil.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Race: Black
Religion: None
Education: Associate's Degree
Martial Status: Married

Relationships: A relationship is anytime two people try to share something, whether it be friends, families or lovers. There needs to be a dominant party in order to lead, and give the relationship focus and direction. However, that person cannot be domineering, and must listen to and value their partner in the relationship, if it is going to last and be enjoyable.

Communication: People should just say what they mean. That doesn't mean you can say whatever you want, but when you do say something, it should be clear in both pronunciation and meaning. Your words are how you express your ideas, and in turn yourself, so they have to be carefully chosen in order to facilitate understanding, not obscure it. I've always believed that people say exactly what they mean, even if they don't realize it.

Commitments: I can't remember where I heard this phrase, but I think it's true: "Freedom is choosing that which ties us down." No one is perfect, but if you say you're going to do something, then do it. A commitment is not a burden, but should be something that your are happy to do, because it proves that you are a trustworthy person, and that will make people respect you, but more importantly, you will respect yourself.

Happiness: To me, happiness isn't waking up every day and feeling like everything is right with the world and the sun is always shining. Happiness isn't the absolute height of enjoyment, because you can never stay there. Instead, I see happiness as the mean of all of our experiences. Happiness is the ability to look at any situation, good or bad, and say, "I'm glad." It can be either, "I'm glad that happened to me" or "I'm glad that's over", but in any case, you've kept your sense of perspective. Nothing is as bad as you thought it was in hindsight, and you know that bad times will come again, but it's okay, because you'll survive them just like you always have.

Also, happiness is a baby walking around in nothing but socks and a half-off shirt, because he took off everything else! I don't think I can ever put into words how much joy my son brings me.

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman

Relationships: I've never really been in a serious relationship. I tend to like to get into one, but I think I am mostly after the thrill of the chase, its horrible to say and unfortunately I think its true. Family relationships are very important to me and I consider to have a good relationship with mine.
Communication: I come of a very shy, and probably I am until I get to know someone better and feel comfortable around them. After this I tend to be very outgoing and a socialable person.
Commitments: I've been running competitively since seventh grade and have almost completely dedicated my time and effort to this. It's something I love and will never give up. Other then that I am a student that dosen't spend as much time as he should on school work.

Happiness: I consider myself to be a very happy person, I never am in a negative mood and I'm usually the one cheering up the people around me. I can't think of the last time I've been down for more then an hour or two.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Race: hispanic
Religion: catholic i guess (cuz i havent been to church in many years)
Education: some college
Martial Status: single baby!

Provide quick ideas for the following:
Relationships: Ive been in 3 serious ones and they all ended up in tragedy. I have problems trusting girls, and with todays society relationships and marriages dont really last. rarely some people get lucky and find love but most of the time its just an in the moment type thing.i just date around and get into some really lusty flings. ill kick it to any chick no matter how hot she is cuz i always tell my self "she doesnt look better than me so i dont care" lol and my confidence comes out. girls come and go and ive had my heart broken to many times to worry about any one chick.

Communication: I can be shy at times, but im usually a cool dude and hold nice conversations. Once you get to know me i can be very fun and people think im funny, alot of my friends depend on me for advice and i have brought out the good in people that were thought to be very bad.

Commitments: to be real to my self and my friends and family cuz they are all i have. and to work together with my friends cuz we got goals and we're working together to make them come true.

Happiness: it isnt easy to find cuz no one is ever satisfied with what they have, but me i have been looking for happiness for a long time and hopefully i will find it. happiness is much more than just the way your feeling at the moment. its something that some people look for and work for thier whole lives just to get. when do you find happiness? when it comes to you, you just know i guess.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
You should, youd come up with some pretty interesting and funny stuff.

Do it, no bawls, do it.
LOL.

Race: hispanic
Religion: catholic i guess (cuz i havent been to church in many years)
Education: some college
Martial Status: single baby!

Provide quick ideas for the following:
Relationships: Ive been in 3 serious ones and they all ended up in tragedy. I have problems trusting girls, and with todays society relationships and marriages dont really last. rarely some people get lucky and find love but most of the time its just an in the moment type thing.i just date around and get into some really lusty flings. ill kick it to any chick no matter how hot she is cuz i always tell my self "she doesnt look better than me so i dont care" lol and my confidence comes out. girls come and go and ive had my heart broken to many times to worry about any one chick.

Communication: I can be shy at times, but im usually a cool dude and hold nice conversations. Once you get to know me i can be very fun and people think im funny, alot of my friends depend on me for advice and i have brought out the good in people that were thought to be very bad.

Commitments: to be real to my self and my friends and family cuz they are all i have. and to work together with my friends cuz we got goals and we're working together to make them come true.

Happiness: it isnt easy to find cuz no one is ever satisfied with what they have, but me i have been looking for happiness for a long time and hopefully i will find it. happiness is much more than just the way your feeling at the moment. its something that some people look for and work for thier whole lives just to get. when do you find happiness? when it comes to you, you just know i guess.
Haha, thanks Papito. ^_^v.

:3 Its for my religion project.
-DD

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
Race: White
Religion: -
Education: Junior in High School
Martial Status: In a Relationship.

Relationships: Relationships are bonds between two or more people. It may be friends, co-workers, students, or a significant other.

Communication: You need to communicate with other people if you want to build a bond between each other. Communication is vital to be successful. Without communicating to others, you will be stuck in your own world.

Commitments: Making a commitment is making a promise to someone. If you break your promise, you will be looked down upon as a liar or untrustworthy. If you do plan on making a commitment, it's your responsibility to keep your promise.

Happiness: One of the six basic human emotions (along with sadness, anger, fear, surprise, and disgust). Happiness makes the world go round, brightens peoples' day, and makes us laugh. Without the concept of happiness, the world would be rather boring and dull.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Religion: Apathetic (Don't know, don't care)
Education: Bachelor's of Science

Relationships: Are hard. The fact that people put up with intimate relationships and try to make them work is just a testament to how much they value feeling loved and/or getting laid. As much as I am cynical about relationships, I buy into them as much as anyone else, and find myself putting up with and dealing with stuff from my girlfriend that I never imagined myself being able to when I had a perfectionist's view of what a relationship would be. Guess it just goes to show how much I value feeling loved and getting laid.

Communication: Is important in all relationships with all people. Good communication makes and breaks your connections with people. If you find yourself cutting off communication or lying with it, something is clearly wrong and suffice to say the relationship will be strained if not outright ended.

Commitments: Are easy to make and hard to keep. Being realistic about yourself is a very difficult thing to do, as it makes you face your own limitations and realize that any fantasies you have about being perfect are grossly out of touch with reality. Reality sucks sometimes and when you end up in a commitment that you aren't prepared to keep, you are always left in a more difficult position than if you had just been realistic when making the commitment in the first place.

Happiness: Is what you make of it. No one can be responsible for your happiness and you should not feel responsible for anyone else's. We do what we can to make our loved one's happy, but in the end, it's on them to make sure that they get happiness out of life. And really, nothing is more important than getting happiness out of life, so everyone needs to take responsibility and do what they need to do to make sure they are ultimately happy.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Race: Super Caucasian
Religion: I Guess agnostic if i had to pick anything.
Education: Full time student

Relationships: one of those "to each their own" situations. someone's ideal thought of a relationship might not be to another.this can go for friends and family not just a relationship with a significant other. My best friends and i get along so well i think because we have a similar idea of relationships.

Communication: Something that is lacking in the modern era. well actually maybe not but face to face communication i think is so important for friendships/family/relationships but because of awesome technology we usually hide behind a phone/ computer.

Commitments: i guess this would be a pretty important foundation for relationships but then again so is communication. i really don't have anything else to say about it

Happiness: I think most people with a positive outlook on things can find happiness pretty easily. I'm a fairly simple person, i got my family , my friends, my cat. I'm lucky enough to live in a good location, I'm somewhat healthy LOL. These things alone are enough to make me happy. I know some of you probably think that making all that money off of smash makes me happy. well i guess it does but money comes and goes that's short term happiness. i've met quite a few people from this community that i consider/considered really close to me and brought more happiness than the $ did. It's really the simple things that do it for me, it's tough to explain but for example now that its getting colder i love going outside and breathing in that crisp chilly autumn air LOL it sounds ridiculous but simple things like that make me happy. i guess im slightly weird i dunno but either way autumn smells ridiculously good LOL *sings favorite things from sound of music*

Top Bottom