• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Cog is married to his beard.
I never met cog, is he a cool dude...?
yes yes

he and I never met in the tournament =(

otherwise he ultra beasted, yeah.
obm > nuro > dazwa > obm XDXDXD

amazing.

Did one of you guys do this? This animation and its accompanying attitude is very lovable. Do you have any more stuff?

It reminds me of squiggle-vision, which is what they called the animation of Home Movies (Soup2Nuts, it showed on Adult Swim); hopefully not too many people have told you that alreayd.
soup2nuts was based in boston I think... they had that mission hill show too.
speaking of which I am loving that adult swim is playing sea lab/space ghost c2c/bebop/home movies etc again. makes me nostalgic.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
since CT thread grazed over depression recently, and this was in the news, i thought i'd share: http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/healt...rozac-treating-depression-say-scientists.html

soup2nuts was based in boston I think... they had that mission hill show too.
speaking of which I am loving that adult swim is playing sea lab/space ghost c2c/bebop/home movies etc again. makes me nostalgic.
agreed about the old adult swim fridays. all kids out of the pool! no food in the pool. sir, is that pimento cheese? i love space ghost/sealab

and mission hill is the ****, i love that stuff. who moved couch? we'll start our own club.

_V_

Smash Ace
Memphis you go to MassArt? Do you like it? My buddy went there last year. He transfered from Sufflok...and now he goes to Emerson.

>.> the kid never stays in one place hah.

Edit//I don't think like any of us hate Brawl? That game is too much fun. I just would much rather play Melee and that is just my own opinion.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Edit//I don't think like any of us hate Brawl? That game is too much fun. I just would much rather play Melee and that is just my own opinion.
Hi V, when are you coming back to CT? Are you going to Esticle? Meh, I didn't at first but after a while....it kind of turned into me despising it. Every time I pick that game up all I do is laugh at how horrible it is and how much stupid crap really goes on in it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think stupider crap goes on in Melee from a competitive perspective, but at least it's funner stupider crap.
I'd say that's a valid point, but the end result of Melee is also a more interesting and dynamic game, so yea, more fun stupider crap is awesome.

funner isn't a word >=P.

ps. I love the ">=P" that Ken used on survivor.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
"Hey guys, want to make a move that's really ****ing hard to avoid, you just point in a direction and it goes there, and beats out nearly every attack in the game?"

"...nah"

"We'll make it orange."

"BRILLIANT"

EDIT: BANANA > ORANGE

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yeah I was about to say throw a banana at it lol

Besides, stupid arguement, and more than that, OLD arguement. I just felt the need to call poffy out on that... I mean DD was posting texture hacks... give me a break.

edit: the stupidest brawl **** I saw at mass madness was..... ice climbers chaingrabs. WOWIE
edit edit: that or me ****** Jholla so hard his grandchildren will be born with sore assholes

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty sic @ texture hack lol Ronald McFalcon. ^ I think I dislike bananas more than the tornado.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I can't think of anything stupider than the Mach Tornado.
Two mach tornados going at one another. ;)

You die quicker and melee and you die from dumb crap but the priorities in Brawl make absolutely no sense AT ALL.

Examples-

Kirbys fair stops Toon Links bombs

Snakes u and d tilt.

GAW's Key stops snakes Usmash

Robs nairs hitbox lasts for like two and a half seconds.

A Diddy spike does not kill ROB at 100%.

WAYYYYY too many attacks clink when one should be out prioritizing the other.

Phantom hits are much more common.

Mk's upB can kill at extremely low percents such as 40%

^Same with Ikes Fsmash at the edge of a stage.

The worst in Melee is Marths fair stops samus's missiles pretty much. You die quicker in Melee but yet you also live too long in Brawl. Agreed?

It's not like I did not play Brawl and I hated it since square one. I played it competitively longer than most in CT and really enjoyed it in its early stages. The only people who are still slightly playing are Moon-Doggie, Noodles, and Cat Fight. I've seen all kinds of stuff and played all kinds of players. The game was much more fun when we all had no idea what we were doing. No one knew that camping was the way to win. Now, that is all I see. Whether it is being stationary or running around and waiting for the other person to attack....its camping. Yes, Melee IS camping too.....I can't write that off BUT camping is much more punishable in Melee and it involves faster reflexes. Brawls meta-game will simply not develop any further in my opinion. We've pretty much figured everything out and the only things we have discovered are stupid infinite crap that's either impossible to pull of in a tourney match or banned at tournaments. (MK's Cape) You have to think quicker, react quicker, and gimp quicker in Melee. Every single game ever made has it's share of gay things but Melee is arguably one of the greatest fighters of all time. No Doubt.

Agreed?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Attacks clinking has nothing to do with priority.

Two ground attacks will clink if they connect at the same time. That's just how it works.

There are exceptions like Melee Fox's usmash, which can clink and then hit the opponent anyway (which is far more dumb in my opinion).

Either way, the idea of this thread has always been for people to pretty much talk about whatever they want. You don't get a say in that, like it or not.

And yes, Melee is faster. That's a perk for me, but that doesn't make it a better game.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
That's sic @ grabbing MK. You can also up b him out of it with Marth if you're in the right position. Plenty of people still play Brawl in CT more people just like Melee.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Also in melee sheiks needles stops samus' blast. Her blast sucks in both games. Can we stop comparing the 2? We already kno what everyone thinks. Just for ppl to re-iterate the same points gets redundant.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I still remember when m2k showed me Marth's grab beating out Young Link's dash attack. I couldn't stop laughing for like 10 minutes <_<

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
this is @ pof, obv
I thought your "brawl has stupid priorities" argument was refuted like months ago?

Although I don't live in CT, if I did I would be annoyed if you tried to pigeonhole the entire state's smash scene like that.

Basically your online prescence is hurting the smash community. Harsh but true. shrug

lol dazwa I didn't know that. dude has the most broken grab

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
There's plenty of weird stuff in both games you can also grab Falco out of his up b with Marth. In Brawl you can grab people yet still get hit :0/ it's like a phantom.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
So...Chrono Trigger DS. They removed Frog's accent.

Although it was completely out of place (no one in his time period spoke with the accent Frog had)...not sure if I like this change.

"Lower your guard and you allow the enemy in!"

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
So...Chrono Trigger DS. They removed Frog's accent.

Although it was completely out of place (no one in his time period spoke with the accent Frog had)...not sure if I like this change.

"Lower your guard and you allow the enemy in!"

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
ruined.......

ZoSo

Smash Champion
There's no reason why things can't still be peachy.

Ryan is right, Garrett. 90% of the conflict in this thread is started by you.

Top Bottom