• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Best cure of Depression.

Just deal.
>___>

Tell that to the paranoid schizo who needs his meds to be a stable and functioning member of society. Do I also need to mention that he's depressed, too?

Depression medication is all mental. IT doesnt do anything but actually hurt u. Side effects and stuff
Actually, certain anti-depressants won't do more than give you dry mouth and diarrhea. As someone who has taken them for X amount of years, I have endured the side effects. Just follow the little instructions on the label and you'll be a-okay. Don't try to go cold turkey off of that ****, though. When I was living on my own and unable to afford prescriptions, I had to stop taking my Zoloft rather abruptly. It made me very ill afterward (yet I still didn't miss a day of work; go figure).

Sorry if I sound defensive or anything. You guys are both right to a certain point; most of the **** is in your head and 90% of the time it's up to you to pull through. Anti-depressant meds are far from being just a placebo treatment, tho'. They do help to a certain point. In the end, though, it falls on you to want to pull through.

Smooth Criminal

Aesir

Smash Master
>___>

Tell that to the paranoid schizo who needs his meds to be a stable and functioning member of society. Do I also need to mention that he's depressed, too?

Actually, certain anti-depressants won't do more than give you dry mouth and diarrhea. As someone who has taken them for X amount of years, I have endured the side effects. Just follow the little instructions on the label and you'll be a-okay. Don't try to go cold turkey off of that ****, though. When I was living on my own and unable to afford prescriptions, I had to stop taking my Zoloft rather abruptly. It made me very ill afterward (yet I still didn't miss a day of work; go figure).

Sorry if I sound defensive or anything. You guys are both right to a certain point; most of the **** is in your head and 90% of the time it's up to you to pull through. Anti-depressant meds are far from being just a placebo treatment, tho'. They do help to a certain point. In the end, though, it falls on you to want to pull through.

Smooth Criminal
I'm talking about depression with the normal person..>_>

Not someone who needs anti-psychotics.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Depression medication is all mental. IT doesnt do anything but actually hurt u. Side effects and stuff
you don't know what you're talking about.

I kno someone who took depression pills. I looked up the medication online and it had a MAJOR amount of side effects.
#1 not major.
#2 pretty much all persrciption meds have side effects.

This is pretty awesome

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
One last thing about depression: I used to have alot of the misconceptions that have been voiced in this thread about medication, about it "all being in your head", etc. But depression is a real medical condition, which is why real medicine exists for it. Telling someone not to take the right kind of medication for their depression is like telling someone not to take Tylenol when they have a headache.

Modern medicine exists for our benefit, but apparently some people think that it's just some huge scheme to trick you into thinking you have some kind of imaginary condition so that pharmaceutical companies can get your money. Those elements are there, to be sure, and there are always side-effects, but the benefits of modern medicine and appropriate medication far outweigh the risks involved.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Is that your wife Cog?
ha no. http://yeswecarve.com/index.php

One last thing about depression: I used to have alot of the misconceptions that have been voiced in this thread about medication, about it "all being in your head", etc. But depression is a real medical condition, which is why real medicine exists for it. Telling someone not to take the right kind of medication for their depression is like telling someone not to take Tylenol when they have a headache.

Modern medicine exists for our benefit, but apparently some people think that it's just some huge scheme to trick you into thinking you have some kind of imaginary condition so that pharmaceutical companies can get your money. Those elements are there, to be sure, and there are always side-effects, but the benefits of modern medicine and appropriate medication far outweigh the risks involved.
truth

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
The thing about the medicine associated with depression is how ambiguous it really is. Every human brain is completely different from another and medication works in different ways from person to person.

At least that's what I remember my family doctor telling me.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The thing about the medicine associated with depression is how ambiguous it really is. Every human brain is completely different from another and medication works in different ways from person to person.

Yeah, that's true. I just don't like to see people dismiss legitimate medical care as if it's a hoax or something. As if we haven't been trying to advance since the beginning of human history to the point where we can finally treat and control disease, instead of letting it making our lives miserable and killing us.

The one that really kills me though is that "natural birth" bullshit. If a fucking monkey is smart enough to gather medicinal herbs to ease the pain of childbirth, then why would humans willingly turn down something far more effective? Just get the damn epidural. Believe me, you'll be glad you did.

Enough ranting, back on topic with Smash:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195696

I don't know which is more surprising: that people are banning Metaknight, or that there are people in New Orleans to begin with.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
What class is that for? I'll most likely have to take it since I'm a Mathematics/Physics major.
Guidance, Navigation and Communication.

Course description from school website (since I don't feel like trying to summarize it myself, hah):

This course broadly covers methods and current enabling technologies in the analysis, synthesis and practice of aerospace guidance, navigation, and communication and information systems. Topics covered include: position fixing and celestial navigation with redundant measurements, recursive navigation, and Kalman filtering; inertial navigation systems, global position systems, and Doppler navigation; orbit determination; atmospheric re-entry; communication architectures, data rates, and communication link design; tropospheric and ionospheric effects on radio-wave propagation; pursuit guidance and ballistic flight.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Don't take meds. The only way in which they assist your depression is by making you not give a flying **** about anything.

Don't depend on them for anything. I have faith that you can crawl out of your black hole of depression without the necessity of drugs.

edit//and I'm sure your girlfriend will be more than happy enough to assist.
Thanks Lil, but my problems stem from doing exactly that XD.
:3 I don't care about anything, and now I can't even if I wanted to XD.
Seriously. A bus nearly slammed into the drivers side of my car when some ******* cut me off, and I didn't even get adrenaline, fight or Flight, anger, nothing, and the ****ing bus was 2 feet from my face.
I was just like, "Lol. Bus. That would've sucked."
=] I am doing what I can without the drugs for now though, and yes, Sandra is helping.

>___>

Smooth Criminal
:3 Yea. I took my first thing of Celexa last night...yea, I went right into full doses, and skipped the start up doses by accident.

So I got totally mauled by nausea and dizziness. So I left school half-way through the day.

By deal, you mean sex, right?
I'm depressed.
Depression has been known to make sexual activity difficult.
>_>.

=D This.

>_> I have plenty of experience with that.
The fricken disease that the OTHER doctors keep trying to treat is the exact same way, just not located in my brain.
@_@ So yea! Its like playing Double Russian Roulette.
Good ****.

Enough ranting, back on topic with Smash:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195696

I don't know which is more surprising: that people are banning Metaknight, or that there are people in New Orleans to begin with.
SO IT BEGINS!
Also, I like how no one is complaining about his Ban.
Kinda cause he deserves it.

So I played melee today.
My controller seems to get more and more broken every day.
T_T NO MORE UP THROW.
MEWWWTTWWWOOOOOOOOO<//////////3
-DD

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Blah....

So I might be making a cartoon show for a company called A.S enterprise, I want to make
something funny, anyone got any ideas?
as enterprise? isnt that the dude who goes to club blue and takes pictures?

I stopped taking that medication months and months ago because it made me feel slow in the brain.
why are you depressed?

Haven't you all heard of being bipolar? **** is real...trust me.
oh yea it is i definitely know. there is this one crazy bytch i know, and trust me, the bytch is crazy lol.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Is that Monster Hunter? Yes, my brother just confirmed so.

You should meet him, he's a MH fanatic. He claims to be the biggest one ever.
o_o I have over 700 hours on MHF.
Over 400 on MHF2.
I has the MHP2, and I kinda haven't played it much, but I want to.

=D I'd love to meet your brother!
-DD

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Guidance, Navigation and Communication.

Course description from school website (since I don't feel like trying to summarize it myself, hah):

This course broadly covers methods and current enabling technologies in the analysis, synthesis and practice of aerospace guidance, navigation, and communication and information systems. Topics covered include: position fixing and celestial navigation with redundant measurements, recursive navigation, and Kalman filtering; inertial navigation systems, global position systems, and Doppler navigation; orbit determination; atmospheric re-entry; communication architectures, data rates, and communication link design; tropospheric and ionospheric effects on radio-wave propagation; pursuit guidance and ballistic flight.

Were you an Aerospace engineering major?

Top Bottom