• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
....I legit believed that before I decided to check his Twitter.
it's in the little details

like calling it 'the <x> game' instead of '<x>'

one must be painstakingly precise when pretending to be mr nintendo

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Hun why do you wanna crush people? I think this is bs that shouldnt be done.
Tbh I found it quite funny giving myself a heart attack.

Also how is that apparent dm leak standing from apparently verge. I watched the PS5 and I didn't pay much attention but I don't remember seeing Bloodborne although he did say generally 'soon'.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright, assuming that 16th rumor is true, then I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they'll announce it tomorrow. Though knowing my luck, it'll be a shadowdropped trailer, like everyone says...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well ps5 was the bigger presentation i feel like, so any time after today would be ok in my book :p

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I've heard people in here bring up the possibility of Min Min replacing Spring Man as the Arms mascot because she won the Arms Party Bash. Do you think they would do that?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I've heard people in here bring up the possibility of Min Min replacing Spring Man as the Arms mascot because she won the Arms Party Bash. Do you think they would do that?
Well they did already did that to decide which squid sister would be the mission support and which would be the mind controlled minion.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Best to stay open minded but probably shouldn't seriously speculate on things like that which would probably need a new game to release.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it's complicated in this situation, because Spring man is an assist trophy, and it just feels like he's not so much the 'main character' that it'd be weird to put min min in. But they do have the pattern of putting the main one in , so really i could see it go either way. But really, spring man would be boring by himself. especially after the whole saying that it's an arms character and showing us so many choies. I think if he's in, there'll be alt characters along with him. Who knows tho..

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it's complicated in this situation, because Spring man is an assist trophy, and it just feels like he's not so much the 'main character' that it'd be weird to put min min in. But they do have the pattern of putting the main one in , so really i could see it go either way. But really, spring man would be boring by himself. especially after the whole saying that it's an arms character and showing us so many choies. I think if he's in, there'll be alt characters along with him. Who knows tho..
It's still a win win situation because if Spring Man becomes playable in any form, the Assist Trophy fan rule dies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's still a win win situation because if Spring Man becomes playable in any form, the Assist Trophy fan rule dies.
Lol sure, it'd shut those arguments up. But I really wanna see more than him XD
So, best case for that is get him and the others :p The only concern i have is.. well i would hope the unique abilities are part of the character still in that case. (the various ones)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Lol sure, it'd shut those arguments up. But I really wanna see more than him XD
So, best case for that is get him and the others :p The only concern i have is.. well i would hope the unique abilities are part of the character still in that case. (the various ones)
Exactly. I want Min Min as a character more, but Spring Man would destroy the Assist Trophy barrier so it's a win win either way. Hopefully we get a Hero scenario.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie, I'd just about EXPLODE with rage if Spring Man got in.

Not BECAUSE he's in (I like him as a character) but because people will rub it in my face that Spring Man got in first and not another character (out of literally 15) like the initial teaser promised.
Dude, you've kind of invited that upon yourself with how toxic you've been, looking for any flimsy argument to disqualify Spring Man and saying you'll laugh at his fans if he doesn't get in. Imma be a good sport no matter what happens, but you've behaved like a checklist of fandom do-nots.

Honestly? If Spring Man does get in? Better for you if you keep all that rage to yourself, otherwise you'll get dunked on hard.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, I'd just about EXPLODE with rage if Spring Man got in.

Not BECAUSE he's in (I like him as a character) but because people will rub it in my face that Spring Man got in first and not another character (out of literally 15) like the initial teaser promised.
Just saw this and like the user above said, your excuse for not wanting him was kind of baseless gatekeeping. People shouldn't rub it in anyone's faces but you probably wouldn't need to explode with rage if you didn't say that the assist couldn't be easily disabled and didn't provide any reasoning for that to be the case.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Dude, you've kind of invited that upon yourself with how toxic you've been, looking for any flimsy argument to disqualify Spring Man and saying you'll laugh at his fans if he doesn't get in. Imma be a good sport no matter what happens, but you've behaved like a checklist of fandom do-nots.

Honestly? If Spring Man does get in? Better for you if you keep all that rage to yourself, otherwise you'll get dunked on hard.
All right, sure. Keeping it to myself was always the intent, anyways (hence why I said "just about"). In fact, I was never planning on laughing at his fans (not even the people who would rub it in my face, satisfying as it would be).

MattX20

Smash Hero
My guess is we'll see an announcement at the latest on Tuesday for the Smash direct/presentation

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Y'all, is it really that hard to just... get along?

I hate that this has to be a competition of sorts. I wish they just kept shut and not even tease the series til they were actually ready to reveal the character

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I don't know, I don't want to imagine how insane everyone in the forums would be if we had heard nothing about Smash DLC for half a year.

Imagine the intensity everyone who is into arms feels now, but across all characters and properties. And then Arms would be announced as the rep and people would be super salty in general.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I don't know, I don't want to imagine how insane everyone in the forums would be if we had heard nothing about Smash DLC for half a year.

Imagine the intensity everyone who is into arms feels now, but across all characters and properties. And then Arms would be announced as the rep and people would be super salty in general.
We came very close to that last year up until the 2 E3 reveals.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133

Its dammed if you do damned if you dont. While yes Im excited for the ARMS character (cause I liked ARMS) I've stated many times that I mostly over Ultimate. I kinda wish the 1st pass was the end of the DLC tbh. The greater Smash community has kinda wore me out with all the bickering, ********, and conspiracy theories. To think we have to go all the way until December 2021 and continue this.

Also I'll be honest Im also tired of Nintendo and fans using Smash Bros. as a crutch. Look at last E3. I see people saying that last E3 was one of Nintendo's best and I go really!? They only announced 1 new first party game being BOTW2. But since Banjo and Hero were announced people think it was the greatest thing of all time. No im not knocking either character but its literally just DLC for a year old game at that point. Nintendo knows Smash Bros. brings hype so all they have to do is mention Smash in an otherwise mediocre presentation (case and point the last Nintendo Direct Mini) and people will lose their minds.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I'm super glad they did reveal the series, because the ARMS haters got out all their memes and jokes months ago. Sure there will be a revival of complaints (especially if it's an unpopular pick) but it's mostly died and people have accepted that an ARMS rep is happening now.

If they announced a Smash presentation next Monday for 'a fighter from ARMS' there would be a ton of anger, both from people who don't care for the game and people who were hoping for their most wanted for the last 6 months.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Mostly, it is already time for the next smash news to drop. With the inevitable of Salt and Hype for the selected ARMS rep (I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be biff or a new rep out of all the 15 characters listed of who is getting the invite. Worst blow would be Paper Mario and his latest new ability in Origami King, I doubt Nintendo and Sakurai would do a Bait and Switch).

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Eh most character inclusions garner a bit of salt, but regardless of who the ARMS rep is, they aren't going to match Byleth in salt. :p

Dukefire

Smash Master
Eh most character inclusions garner a bit of salt, but regardless of who the ARMS rep is, they aren't going to match Byleth in salt. :p
Although, the most that will happen is the selected ARMS character(s) doesn't get chosen and a lesser known character becomes the fighter instead.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The only Fire Emblem character that is not in yet that I would be cool with is Lyn. I would take her over any new game protagonist characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As I expected, no news for a tournament week. Especially since not even Nintendo is suicidal enough to announce anything on Sony's big PS5 unveiling.

But the alleged June 16 leak persists. 4 days left until its veracity or lack thereof is revealed. If true, be fully-ready for a bombshell drop.

The only Fire Emblem character that is not in yet that I would be cool with is Lyn. I would take her over any new game protagonist characters.
FE has the Pokémon syndrome, so unless she gets enough demand to be :ultchrom:ed, I can't see her happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom