• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I like Spring Man and Ribbon Girl equally, but my vote has to go to Spring Man. As the poster boy, he seems like the character they'd go with if ARMS was to get any representation.

I could see Ribbon Girl getting in as well as either an alt for Spring Man or a clone/semi-clone. It if were up to me, I'd go with the latter. Smash is no stranger to clones after all and there's precedent for it.

While I'm interested in ARMS, I think whether or not they get a character in Smash in the future depends on how well the game actually does. I want it to be successful but we could always have another Wonderful 101 or Codename STEAM on our hands. (And just to clarify I think both those games are great, but they didn't do all too well from my understanding.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I only just now noticed that no one has voted for Master Mummy. Sadness. I really like what they've got going for him, and would like to see how the self-healing, heavyweight, armored tank design would fare in Smash. If ARMS does do well and ever gets big enough to warrant three reps, I'd like to see him in as well. But only after Spring and Ribbon.

Either that or make him an assist and/or stage boss who shields you from enemy attacks with his sheer size, and heals you if you stand near him while he's blocking.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I do hope we see more characters revealed for ARMS. I think the minimum they should strive for at first is at least 12, akin to the original SF, but if it grows into a franchise, just keep adding in more new characters...And not bungle up DLC characters.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I only just now noticed that no one has voted for Master Mummy. Sadness. I really like what they've got going for him, and would like to see how the self-healing, heavyweight, armored tank design would fare in Smash. If ARMS does do well and ever gets big enough to warrant three reps, I'd like to see him in as well. But only after Spring and Ribbon.
Either that or make him an assist and/or stage boss who shields you from enemy attacks with his sheer size, and heals you if you stand near him while he's blocking.
Definitely the assist trophy route. Sounds too original to pass up and doesn't push the rep numbers or prevent new characters (there will be multiple games if it's that popular) from getting in.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think they'll show off some (or one?) new characters as we're at a bit of an awkward number currently.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
And it looks like I've came at the right time.

It's good to breathe again and I hope my girl Ribbon Girl gets enough screentime this weekend with more newcomers.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I could see us getting 2 ARMS characters. Spring Man and Ribbon Girl, with Ribbon Girl being a semi-clone of Spring Man that has similar moves with different properties due to having different arms equipped, and is also floaty and can triple jump..

It could also be pretty unique if they gave their normals a property where if you hold down the A button after inputting the move, their punches reach farther, but maybe say have more ending lag. Ryu and Bayo already have something similar, so it wouldn't be unprecedented..

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
An Arms rep doesn't really excite me as I'd rather have Mechanika instead of Spring Man or Ribbon Girl (or even Mummy Man or Ninjara) but it's not going to happen since Spring Man/Ribbon Girl are the mascots, so I don't feel very enthusiastic about this game getting a rep.

I do think it's too early though....or at the very least if that was enough of a reason for Inklings not to get in last time around then it'll be a good enough reason for an Arms rep not to get in this time around.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
An Arms rep doesn't really excite me as I'd rather have Mechanika instead of Spring Man or Ribbon Girl (or even Mummy Man or Ninjara) but it's not going to happen since Spring Man/Ribbon Girl are the mascots, so I don't feel very enthusiastic about this game getting a rep.

I do think it's too early though....or at the very least if that was enough of a reason for Inklings not to get in last time around then it'll be a good enough reason for an Arms rep not to get in this time around.
I'd say that depends on when exactly we get a new Smash game. For a port of Smash For, it is likely too early, but for the next proper installment years down the line, I'd say they're fair game provided the game does well enough.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
This could be an interesting fighter. This is probably more of a wait and see how well arms does. I dont think it can match splatoons success but it could happen after the inklings get in, probably as dlc if smash switch is a port of wii u

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This could be an interesting fighter. This is probably more of a wait and see how well arms does. I dont think it can match splatoons success but it could happen after the inklings get in, probably as dlc if smash switch is a port of wii u
I think Arms has all the makings of Splatoons success. It has a colorful cast, a unique concept, it just has to be pushed pushed pushed. And I think Nintendo has faith in it if it's sharing a direct with Splatoon after all.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
I think there's a very high chance we're getting an Arms character.
If it does happen, Spring Man and Ribbon Girl will probably both be included, similarly to Male and Female Corrin.
Arms has plenty of moveset potential that would translate well from the 3D arena onto a platform stage.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I feel there's a HILARIOUS pun that only works in Japanese with that Dragon noodle arm that I'm not seeing. Little help?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Minmin is cute, I love her design alot.

But that new fanart will definitely be a treat (and NOT that type of art, perverts).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It was interesting to see that fighters can have two different types of arms. I'm intrigued but I want to see more before I'm convinced to buy the game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Apparently four more character have been found in the screencaps.

It seems like if that's the case they could've at least shown one more today.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so weve got spring, ribbon, chains, bandages, robot arms and now noodles wonder what these others will have, rope? elastic? wires?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Min Min definitely looks quite interesting.

Although I'd still feel that Spring Man is my most likely choice to represent ARMS, I would not be against a secondary rep from series if they ever do consider this.

Either ways, I'm still eager to find out more about ARMS and hope it will do well in the sales.

Staarih

Smash Master
so weve got spring, ribbon, chains, bandages, robot arms and now noodles wonder what these others will have, rope? elastic? wires?
I guess something like vines (as in plants) could work.

ARMS is shaping up to be a game I'm really looking forward to. I'm glad they showed a new character and hopefully we'll see more sooner than later.

As for Smash-representation, Spring Man would definitely be the way to go (Ribbon Girl could work as an alt), like I think the majority here thinks. And yes, I support.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So the ARMS bios are finally up on the official website.

It's funny how the boys (minus the unknown Master Mummy) are in their 20's while the ladies are in their teens (With the 18 year old MinMin as the oldest and 15 year old Mechanica as the youngest).

Spring Man can eat 12 pizzas in one go, Master Mummy loves his family, Ribbon Girl adores her fans a lot, MinMin is on a diet, and Mechanica likes Ribbon Girl (here comes the yuri shipping).

I'm definitely loving how quirky the main cast sounds so far. Like actual athletes and superheroes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Oh... so there could be 8 playable characters in Arms? I guess that's a bit better than having only 5 playable characters.
Actually, there were two others that I've missed. So there could possible be ten fighters at the most.

A bit less than Street Fighter II, but it makes sense as a new IP.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
10 characters isn't that bad.

I wonder what the green robot's theme going to be. Slinkys?

And I can tell that masked woman will probably be another fan favorite. Some speculate that she could be an Anti-Ribbon Girl, but I doubt we would get any clone characters.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And am I the only one that finds it ironic that Minmin is on a diet when noodles are extremely high in salt content?
You're not alone. Even I went "WTF" when I've seen her profile.

How can one be on a diet when you constantly eat pasta (yes, noodles are technically a type of pasta) in a hot soup full of sodium?

Then again, we have Photoshopped Little Mac here eating more pizza than the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ever would. :troll:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
You're not alone. Even I went "WTF" when I've seen her profile.

How can one be on a diet when you constantly eat pasta (yes, noodles are technically a type of pasta) in a hot soup full of sodium?

Then again, we have Photoshopped Little Mac here eating more pizza than the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ever would. :troll:
I get the feeling it's one of those "I don't want to talk about that" diets, lol.

------
There goes Europe, always getting the best exclusive preorder bonuses: a ARMS boxing stress glove.

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/04/...ith-nintendo-store-and-get-free-stress-glove/
preorder two copies and attach springs to those to play ARMS irl.

Top Bottom