• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With the Switch's big public showing we also got a look at a brand new IP. One part Punch Out, one part Wii Boxing and three parts Dhalsim.

Thanks to the March Mini Direct we now know one of these elastic fighters will be joining us in Smash but who will it be?

THE FIGHTERS
435px-SpringMan5.png

SPRING MAN
He may share names with a Robot Master but this guy is the face of the game. Specifically, the one getting punched in Slo-Mo. He's already an Assist Trophy so could he be the first one to make the jump?

435px-RibbonGirl.png

RIBBON GIRL

The battling pop star is the secondary face of the game and the one doing the punching. Her unique power is a quadruple jump which could be intresting to see on character that's not a balloon or a mythical being.

435px-Ninjara.png

NINJARA
Respect the Chain Glasses

435px-Mechanica.png

MECHANICA
Nerf this!

435px-MasterMummy.png

MASTER MUMMY
You'd think it would be a bad idea so show up to a fight in bandages

435px-MinMin.png

MIN MIN
She's the champion of Party Crash so don't call her Noodle armed!

435px-Twintelle.png

TWINTELLE
Loreal, because she's worth it!

435px-Byte&Barq.png

BYTE AND BARQ
This dynamic duo fight as a pair with Byte leading and Barq being both a an AI assist and apart time springboard

435px-KidCobra.png

KID COBRA
May be the closest thing we get to Tony Hawk

435px-Helix.png

HELIX
Anyone else remember Flubber?

435px-MaxBrass.png

MAX BRASS
The Commissioner and grand champion of ARMS, Max Brass is looking for a challenger to his throne.

435px-LolaPop.png

LOLA POP
She's got it all: style, grace, a funny face, strech out her ARMS just for you and inflate herself like a balloon. Could also handstand if she needs to.

435px-Misango.png

MISANGO
Legend of ARMS, Misango's Mask

435px-Springtron.png

SPRING TRON
Strange isn't it!

435px-DrCoyle.png

DR. COYLE
The Rad Scientist and head researcher of ARMS institute, Dr. Coyle serves as the story's antagonist, crashing the Grand final to demonstrate her power

Who will it be? Let's discuss!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
#SpringManBois

Easily my most anticipated Switch title and new Smash fighter.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm still sticking with the best girl (Ribbon Girl) as my choice.

Support.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
It would mostly likely be Spring Man and Ribbon Girl fused together, costumes of eachother or something.

I would like mah boi Ninjara tho.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Would you believe how hard it is to find Master Mummy's art?

Poll added so you can choose your favourite to be in Smash.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
> Ribbon Girl is in the lead

Good taste.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm excited for this! I think that Springman w/ Ribbon Girl as alt costumes should work very well!

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Definitely want an arms character.

I expected spring man to be the most likely.

But I also never saw Mechanica or Ninjara before today. Or named Ribbon girl.

I don't know which one I want, I'd need to play Arms and would want the one who feels most natural to my specific play style because that will make it more likely to transfer to smash.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
New trailers that show off each character's abilities and weapons.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Spring Man is the main one, he's used in promotion and seems to be as much of a "protagonist" as the series is going to get. Those are the characters that get into Smash first, unless the series has a mascot used in promotion even more, which isn't the case this time.

So... if any, it'll be Spring Man. Which I'm fine with.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
If Smash 5/switch has a story mode like that of Brawl, I feel Spring Man and Little Mac would make a very legitimate pairing for the adventure!

Luminario

Smash Lord
I voted for Ribbon Girl, because if Spring Man gets in he'll have a Ribbon Girl alt and she's the only one I'd play as.
I certainly see them as being a long range type character with blind spots on their attacks, requiring constant spacing to maximise utility.

Worth noting that Spring man was first in both the website and in the character introductions.

It gets more and more clear that Spring man is this games Ryu

The question is whether it's going to be a Chrom/Robin situation or not.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If Smash 5/switch has a story mode like that of Brawl, I feel Spring Man and Little Mac would make a very legitimate pairing for the adventure!
I'd be all about that.

Man I would love a punch out Switch. Spring Man could replace Donkey Kong as the secret fight.

So who would make a good secret fight in Arms?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Worth noting that Spring man was first in both the website and in the character introductions.

It gets more and more clear that Spring man is this games Ryu

The question is whether it's going to be a Chrom/Robin situation or not.
If Chrom could've provided as much novelty as Spring Man we wouldn't have got Robin. :p

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd be all about that.

Man I would love a punch out Switch. Spring Man could replace Donkey Kong as the secret fight.

So who would make a good secret fight in Arms?
Harry from Teleroboxer. But he's far too obscure.

Little Mac can work if they make an Arms-ified version of him to fit in with the other characters.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Harry from Teleroboxer. But he's far too obscure.

Little Mac can work if they make an Arms-ified version of him to fit in with the other characters.
I want Harry now. You said it, you can't un say it.

I loved teleroboxer. It was the reason I wanted the 3ds to have a virtual boy virtual console.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I want Harry now. You said it, you can't un say it.

I loved teleroboxer. It was the reason I wanted the 3ds to have a virtual boy virtual console.
If only the Virtual Boy's reputation wasn't so terrible. Then VC would have been possible for that platform.

Honestly, Little Mac makes the most sense as a secret fighter in Arms. The gameplay similarities between the two franchises (Arms and Punch Out) is so uncanny that it would be a waste to have a character that isn't known for boxing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If only the Virtual Boy's reputation wasn't so terrible. Then VC would have been possible for that platform.

Honestly, Little Mac makes the most sense as a secret fighter in Arms. The gameplay similarities between the two franchises (Arms and Punch Out) is so uncanny that it would be a waste to have a character that isn't known for boxing.
Now that I think about it... a new Punch-Out!! game should have Spring Man as a guest opponent. Harry the Teleroboxer, the Urban Champion, Captain Rainbow, and Captain Falcon should get in as guest opponents as well.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With all this talk of Little Mac it reminded me of some art I saw ages ago and I'm glad to say I tracked it down.

Little Mac with Wireframe ARMS

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Spring Man would, undoubtedly be the character they choose to represent ARMS. Disappointing to me, as I really do like how Mechanica looks (and plays). We don't have enough heavies in Smash, either.

It's just a bit too early for an ARMS character I think. Visions of the Splatoon support thread from 2014...
Mii costumes are pretty likely though

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Spring Man would, undoubtedly be the character they choose to represent ARMS. Disappointing to me, as I really do like how Mechanica looks (and plays). We don't have enough heavies in Smash, either.

It's just a bit too early for an ARMS character I think. Visions of the Splatoon support thread from 2014...
Mii costumes are pretty likely though
Depends, we don't know what Smash Switch will be. If it's WiiU with extra stuff then yes, if it's built from the ground up then heck no. We're still in uncharted waters here.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Depends, we don't know what Smash Switch will be. If it's WiiU with extra stuff then yes, if it's built from the ground up then heck no. We're still in uncharted waters here.
Well that's the thing. I am pretty certain it's built off Smash Wii U. Even if it's not, I don't think it's so far out that they will have time to add an ARMS character unless they really really want to push it.

Which I kind of doubt, judging from how hard they're pushing it already.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
I voted for Ribbon Girl but the concept of an ARMS character has my support.

ARMS: Kira Yoshikage Edition when

dezeray112

Smash Hero
An ARMS character would work really well for Smash. If I were to pick one out of those, it would probably go to Spring Man although I would like to see Ribbon Girl as the second.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
ARMS content in Smash would be a great way to help give this new IP some... LEGS.
For me, I'd be happy with either Spring Man or Ribbon Girl being playable in some form, either now or in the future.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
when you think about it lanky kong from the dk series would be really well suited to arms

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Bunch of French assholes commenting on the official Nintendo Facebook pages and complaining 'bout how this looks terrible and how Nintendo should've dropped a new Smash Bros. from the start instead. -_-

I'm pretty sure this is a great spiritual successor to Punch-Out! that would give plenty of fun to the old-school gamers in local multiplayer. One of the comments said "huh is Nintendo aware that they've got plenty of old franchises in their cardboax boxes??". Can't disagree there, but c'm'on, this looks like a very promising alternative to Little Mac's game series.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Bunch of French ******** commenting on the official Nintendo Facebook pages and complaining 'bout how this looks terrible and how Nintendo should've dropped a new Smash Bros. from the start instead. -_-

I'm pretty sure this is a great spiritual successor to Punch-Out! that would give plenty of fun to the old-school gamers in local multiplayer. One of the comments said "huh is Nintendo aware that they've got plenty of old franchises in their cardboax boxes??". Can't disagree there, but c'm'on, this looks like a very promising alternative to Little Mac's game series.
Honestly, this game just got mixed reception because the concept is weird or it looks too cheap for a full price game in their opinions. We know there will be more modes and characters, but people just aren't patient.

It's got potential, and I'm looking forward to it. Smash will be on it's way and they'll be coming crawling back once it's officially confirmed.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Now that I think about it... a new Punch-Out!! game should have Spring Man as a guest opponent. Harry the Teleroboxer, the Urban Champion, Captain Rainbow, and Captain Falcon should get in as guest opponents as well.
Captain Falcon would be ridiculous in Punch Out. An AI character who can both dodge and hit faster than the player but occasionally stops in place for literally seconds to charge a super punch while letting you hit him.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly, this game just got mixed reception because the concept is weird or it looks too cheap for a full price game in their opinions. We know there will be more modes and characters, but people just aren't patient.

It's got potential, and I'm looking forward to it. Smash will be on it's way and they'll be coming crawling back once it's officially confirmed.
I'm not thrilled with it being $50 or $60 when there's not much content in the game that we know of. I want to know if it's worth $50 or $60.

As far as I know, there's only 5 playable characters in this fighting game...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'm not thrilled with it being $50 or $60 when there's not much content in the game that we know of. I want to know if it's worth $50 or $60.

As far as I know, there's only 5 playable characters in this fighting game...
I'm expecting ten or twelve characters at best, the rest being unlockables.

Maybe up to twenty different arms to use than the ones we've seen. It's the fact that they are being so secretive when Spring had already begun. IMO Bomberman is far more overpriced as a Switch game.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've seen a lot of fan concepts for ARMS floating about the net including someone with Lasso arms and one with bungie cords so I'd say there's room for more characters. Unless we get Pink Gold Ribbon Girl

Top Bottom