• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**CONFIRMED! REG IS OPEN!** Smash 64 at EGLX (November 13-15, Toronto ON)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Edit: Smash 64 has been CONFIRMED and registration is open!

Register http://eglx.ca/tickets/

EGLX is slated to be the biggest competitive gaming event in all of Canada's history. Southern + Eastern Ontario have risen up in the last year as one of the biggest scenes in North America for Smash 64. We asked for 64 to be added to this event, and they listened. We're in!

Yours truly will be TOing.

The 64 tournament will be taking place from Saturday through to Sunday.

Enthusiast Gaming Live Expo is an up-and-coming major gaming event series in the Toronto area. This Fall it features tournaments for 25 games including Smash 4 and Melee. Their first event back in May was pretty awesome, it had a speedrunning stage and we all got to meet Trihex, I made a Kirby perler sprite at a panel, etc, was pretty sick. This is a newer convention series, but with gaming and competition as a focus (and like with SSC, run by community members who know what they're doing).

The head of the event has offered to me that they can have a 64 side event if I TO and provide complete setups. I've agreed to do this.

If we get 30 people to sign up for 64, they will add a $1000 pot bonus.

This could be our foot in the door to seeing 64 added to major Toronto events. Toronto has one of the biggest and most talented 64 scenes in the world, but we have not had a big event include it since 2013. If this side event gets a lot of support, I have no reason to believe that our (already interested) major TOs won't be convinced that 64 is worth adding to their events.

Here's the kicker: Venue is $75. The staff are considering changing the ticket so that tournament entry is included.‎

Currently you can't register for 64 on the ticket page, but that'll likely be changed if 64 gets enough interest. Go to the facebook page to indicate your interest: https://www.facebook.com/events/440203436168291

If you can afford it, please consider coming to this!

PS I will be bringing keyboard adapters as needed.‎

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
BTW, that's $75 CANADIAN dollars. Our exchange rate is ass right now. Americans, this will be hella cheaper for you.

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
LD and Boom in Toronto? this has been a good year for the scene

what kind of food will be at the venue and surrounding area? this will be pertinent information for some, considering the potential costs of food + travel + venue could be high

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Expect to see Barktimore here. At the very least Bark and Shears, hopefully LD and Dark too.
Hold off for now, the event isnt confirmed yet. I'm working logistics out with staff.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Okay, update: Reg is open for the event, BUT there is no way to reg for smash 64. There should be 64 signup with your ticket IF the event is approved.

The event will for sure not be approved if we don't supply enough setups.

At a minimum right now, between me and my roommates we have 5 crts, 7 consoles (3 OC), and 4 carts
Zhao has offered to provide a CRT, console, and cart. 2 other locals have offered to let me borrow their CRTs, Salil is offering a cart, and Art is offering 8 consoles and 8 carts.
WE NEED TVS ONTARIO, PLEASE STEP IT UP‎

Mr.BlackDog

Smash Cadet
I would (and I'm sure I'm speaking for a few others) like to pre reg for this event, but I'm iffy about doing so before any confirmation of a 64 event.

When can we expect updates ?

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I would (and I'm sure I'm speaking for a few others) like to pre reg for this event, but I'm iffy about doing so before any confirmation of a 64 event.

When can we expect updates ?
Very soon. ^_^

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hey guys, tickets have been taken down from the site. They will be going back up on Tuesday the 8th, with some changes, according to the staff

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
This is all but confirmed now, after the head of the event made some comments on the event page saying so. It hasn't been officially announced and registration is not live yet, but there is going to be some really good **** going down.

They also mentioned an arcadian on Friday for each game.

They are making big announcements once per day over the next 7 days. Stay tuned and start booking your travels, boys!

Last edited:

B Link

Smash Lord
Okay, update: Reg is open for the event, BUT there is no way to reg for smash 64. There should be 64 signup with your ticket IF the event is approved.

The event will for sure not be approved if we don't supply enough setups.

At a minimum right now, between me and my roommates we have 5 crts, 7 consoles (3 OC), and 4 carts
Zhao has offered to provide a CRT, console, and cart. 2 other locals have offered to let me borrow their CRTs, Salil is offering a cart, and Art is offering 8 consoles and 8 carts.
WE NEED TVS ONTARIO, PLEASE STEP IT UP‎
I can bring a crt TV if someone helps me lift it out of my car. It's heavy.

B Link

Smash Lord
64 singles is a confirmed event, I think. You can buy tickets now, and the option to select "64 singles" is there.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
good opportunity to go to canada for the 1st time :o
YES PLEASE COME TO THIS

Honestly guys if you are ever going to go to an event in the Toronto area, make it this one. This **** is going to be awesome

-nero

Smash Rookie
Probably gonna go. I'll buy a pass and hopefully I can make it.

Also I was browsing around the site and apparently according to the official rules posted here instead of buying a pass you can write a 250 word essay about your 3 favorite video games and mail it to them to get free entry. lol

B Link

Smash Lord
^Pidge d'you know if the $1000 bonus is still happening? Boom, you'd probably win if you attend, and the total prize would be $1300 for first. I think that more than covers flight. It's still 100% up to you though if you want to attend or not.

I'm sure Revan would love to take that pot instead :kirby:

Last edited:
Top Bottom