• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Combos

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Hey guys, time to talk combos! Please post combos you've found and we can start making a compiled list.

Utilt x4
Falling Uair -> Utilt x3

Last edited:

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Things i've found so far.

Utilt pretty much combos into itself pretty well. Up to 4x from what i've found

Falling Uair -> Utilt -> Utilt -> Usmash Most damage done so far
Short Hop Dair(target behind) -> Utilt -> Utilt -> Uair or Usmash or Utilt

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Here's the stuff I've dug up. I'll be updating this as my personal testing continues:

Up Tilt Combos:

Weak Forward Up Tilt -> Up Air
Weak Forward Up Tilt -> RAR B-Air (worked at 100% on Mario)
Weak Forward Up Tilt -> N-Air (worked at 100% on Mario)
Weak Forward Up Tilt -> F-Air (worked at 100% on Mario)

F-Air Combos:

I've been messing around in the training room for about 30min and F-Air 1 really does look like the truth. Percent ranges need to be further examined but overall it seems you can get:

F-Air 1 into Jab
F-Air 1 into Grab
F-Air 1 into Up Tilt
F-Air 1 into D-Tilt
F-Air 1 into Forward Tilt
F-Air 1 into RAR B-Air (includes kill percents)
F-Air 1 into F-Smash (includes kill percents)
F-Air 1 into Dash Attack (includes kill percents)
F-Air 1 into Up Smash (includes kill percents)

And surprisingly, F-Air 2 might have hidden potential as well. True combo'ing with it is trickier but the payoff is the second hit will hold them in place rather than in the air slightly in front of you. So far these seem to be legit:

F-Air 2 into Jab (this seems far better than with F-Air 1)
F-Air 2 into Up Smash (got it to true combo on Yoshi at 140%)
F-Air 2 into Grab (could be better than F-Air 1 into Grab)

N-Air Combos:

N-Air already had some decent set up tricks in SSB4 and now will even less landing there seems to be even more potential. Depending on percents or character you can do:

Late N-Air into F-Smash
Late N-Air into Dash Attack
N-Air/Late N-Air into Grab
Late N-Air into RAR B-Air
Late N-Air into Up Smash (worked at 100%)

F-Throw Combos:

Final Cutter:

I figured out how to reliably get the 4 hit combo when doing Final Cutter -> F-Throw. Basically, once you get the 3rd hit (the descent of the blade) you gotta tilt the control stick backward to have Kirby move back when falling. This allows gives the projectile the chance hit the opponent before they hit the ground. This seems to also work in SSB4 too but the weaker spike in this game might make connecting all the hits more consistent. And the ranges appear to be far more liberal for it. For instance. Comparing Smash 3DS and Ultimate F-Throw into Final Cutter on Mario, the true combo range (for getting all the hits) in the Training Room on 3DS was about 45%-67% while on Ultimate it's about 38%-94% on Mario. The overall percent window for the combo seems to have grown about 2.5x. And since a F-Throw -> Full Final Cutter combo nets about 21% overall, it can potentially be more rewarding to do this at these percent ranges than a mere D-Throw which will only net you about 12%. That said, if you intend to do this, it's imperative that you throw immediately with no pummels. Any pummels will give opponents time to DI away which will screw up the combo.

Last edited:

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Good finds, i was experimenting with Uspecial a bit also. Dair ending with opponent behind has good setup to u tilt. might be a good way to maybe set up to Uspecial

TimG57867

Smash Ace
I have big updates for my comment coming today but I just want to say that if you get a grab at 0%, your bread and butter this time will be Forward Throw into Fast Fall F-Air 1.

The input steps are:

1. Initiate Forward Throw
2. Flick the C/Attack Stick in the direction your facing to get Forward Air started.
3. Immediately after doing that, hold push the control stick down and towards the direction you’re facing.

It takes a little practice but it’s not too hard and it essentially replaces FF Up Air from SSB4. To see some of its applications look at this Twitter clip that one of good players put out before launch.

https://twitter.com/bakagotchi/status/1068495100064555010?s=19

With this even at low percent Kirby still retains versatile throw combo conversions. Just wanted to put this here to spread awareness before I update my comment with more potential combos.

Last edited:

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
that seems really cool. it works on most swords men at 0% but i dont like playing the wait till percent game. it throws off my flow

Last edited:
Top Bottom