• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Lucario Main

|RK|

Smash Marketer
:lucario:Confessions of a Lucario Main:lucario:

We all very well know that everyone does something that they are not proud of. So Lucarios, confess your biggest mistakes with Lucario, your hates about Lucario, and any other embarrassing confessions.

~Stolen from the Mario boards, who stole it from the Samus boards.~

My confession is that... I considered dropping Lucario twice. Once when I unlocked Toon Link, and then a phase when I considered picking up my old main, Kirby.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I really hate his grab range. I also switched SWF character icons because marth was cool at the time. I haven't ever really strayed from him tho.

Browny

Smash Hater
I dont use Lucario much in tourneys any more :( Games often tend to go for like 4+ minutes with him and i like to use characters who can even just once manage a game < 3 minutes to save a replay if I feel like it :p

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I dont use Lucario much in tourneys any more :( Games often tend to go for like 4+ minutes with him and i like to use characters who can even just once manage a game < 3 minutes to save a replay if I feel like it :p
U know that on a few of the Wiis that we bring in our tourney, we hack them for unlimited replay time?

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Roll spamming. It's dumb, it makes you feel dumb, it gets you owned, and other people will also think you're dumb. I get into this bad habit every now and then, but I think I've mostly kicked it.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I play Kirby.

And a wild assortment of other characters.
/10 failures of a destionedcario
-t2

Timbers

check me out
We all very well know that everyone does something that they are not proud of. So Lucarios, confess your biggest mistakes with Lucario, your hates about Lucario, and any other embarrassing confessions.
i masturbate to myself.

wait.

I don't think the character's very fun, but I don't feel like getting good with other characters.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
I enjoy using F-air on air (especially on Final destination when my opponent is recovering and i'm on the opposite side)

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I hate how all of Lucario's moves are so slow. The fsmash takes forever to land.

You're doing it wrong.

I'm taking this time to brag about all of my Usmash and Dsmash mindgame KOs. Now is the time in which you spend appreciating how amazing I am.

****ING DO IT OR ELSE I WILL SLASH YOUR TIRES THROAT

Rayku

Smash Lord
I used to kill myself a lot trying to wallcling to Battlefield's lip. This was back in like...April of last year, though.

Kappie

Smash Apprentice
Things go easier with MK sometimes than they go with Lucario. Sometimes I have the feeling that Lucario has to work twice as hard as other chars like MK, Snake, Marth. Mainly because when you're at low percent, you can hit them 10x, and they're at 35% or so, then they hit you 2 times and you're at the same percentage...

But yeah I still think it's only MK metagame being more deeped out, so I wanna get to know Lucario better or something I guess.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Several times I have chosen Falco over Lucario In the past. the crazy lasers and the spike won me over. at least until I fought another Lucario on a wifi match(I don't do wifi so much now.) After that I realized I missed him.

jog

Smash Journeyman
I've been busy picking up DK and now its thrown off my lucario game ;_;

also lucario's grab range blows. but his pivot grab is top tier.

Aerox00

Smash Cadet
roll spam is something i've had a problem with since melee. i've recently gotten better, but it still happens. also, when i'm trying to do an u-tilt and i u-smash, or when i flick the c-stick for a f-smash and an u-smash comes out.

Joni

Smash Rookie
I'm unable to decide wether I wanna go on with Falco or Lucario as my main : /
Dammit, they are so different but both so cool. Lasers+Spike vs awesome Lucario of awesomeness. ><

wannabazn

Smash Rookie
Once upon a time, in a land far away (Houston). There was a boy. A boy who wished he was asian. This boy was no gaming expert, but he enjoyed being bad at melee, and so looked forward to brawl's release. This boy, frequently checking smashdojo for any new developments in the game, learned of lucario being put into the game. His first reaction was, who the heck is lucario? Then he learned about him. Learned how his fighting spirit grows as he becomes injured, how his spikes become made of gold when he puts on his blue costume, and how he is made of win. Then this boy decided to main lucario.

Unfortunately, this boy sucked at brawl just after it came out, and so could not handle lucario's awesomeness, so he retreated to the easy tactic of being pikachu and spamming downsmash like theres no tomorrow. However this did not satisfy him. Sure it was good enough to beat his friends, but it was just rude. Playing pikachu was like playing as a rude person. the thunderjolting, the downsmash, the thunder, it was all just so... rude. So he went to smashboards looking to expand his pikachu game beyond the same old stuff. Unfortunately, the primary technique he needed to learn was QUACKING... which is the worst name for an AT ever, so he quickly abandoned pikachu.

However, this boy was lost at this point. He tried maining a lot of people, including Diddy kong and his sexy bananas, Dedede with is sexy grab range, and zelda with her sexy everything. But what was the point in all this sex if there was no connection forming? So he kept searching for the one main who could truly satisfy him, his true love.

Then he remembered. Back in the very beginning. The first few weeks after he had gotten super smash bros... he remembered lucario. His manliness, his trust, and his strength of will rekindled this boy's fighting spirit. He then took the final step to awesome, declaring lucario... his main.

He rapidly improved his lucario game. It seemed as if lucario's spirit was guiding him along a path towards victory. Not only was lucario helping him in brawl, but in other aspects of his life as well. He started doing better at sports, getting better grades in school, and getting more awesome.

This boy was me, and my confession is that i mained pikachu for like 4 months... worst decision of my life.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
In the time of fancy words, I wrote a story. And it was amazing
This is amazing.
I give you a gold star. And gold stars where apart of the lucario chat room. So i just handed you apart of lucario history.
Enjoy it.

And This will also spawn a new wave of stories from members, so remember you where the first.

But this was very entertaining, and the 3rd highlight of my day.
-t2

wannabazn

Smash Rookie
haha thanks, im also alting yoshi for the metaknight matchup. there are some beasts only a dinosaur can beat. But im not ashamed of that. Yoshi is just a friend, nothing more. Lucario will always be my true love.

And I hope this spawns new stories from other members, when i first started checking these boards the section in the guide about how maining lucario makes your entire life better made me realize that lucario had done this for me, and today I randomly decided to post my story since I felt like procrastinating work :p

I'll probably post something in the rate my lucario thing eventually, but im too busy nowadys to have time for it.

and telling entertaining stories is pretty much my purpose in life.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
hates: lag on DT, the fact that ES has no hitbox or IASA frames or anything... yet pikachu's quick attack does damage...(which in the games... ES is wicked strong.. quick attack is not)
nothing else besides that

confessions: uhh... sometimes i forget to curve ES or use my 2nd jump(which has caused me to lose a few games)... i cant think of anything else really...

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I notice your signature. The hitbox on Lucario's U-Smash is a flower shape/formation.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Stop jocking my steez, trollcarios.

Your confessions ain't even confessions.

You gotta be like Usher.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I keep forgetting not to rollspam and overall how to play as Lucario whenever I take a break from Smash. Also, I constantly switch secondaries, although I never use anyone but lucario in tournament. <<

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I am so used to the Aura Sphere, I'll use it instead of my Forward Smash when it's fully charged and when I'm fighitng at close range. I'll combo a bit, use a tilt to push them away a little, and then when they are about to use a tilt, they eat the Aura Sphere... I've grown dependent on it now.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I would rather play a marth than a sonic.

OMG!!! Did I say that

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Guys.. I need help....

I was fighting Kawaii-Bunny today...

I knew I was going to lose.... but I was still stunned at how bad I did..

Against her Ice-Climbers, I didn't win a single time... against her Dedede, I didn't win a single time... against her Marth, I didn't win a single time.... I think I bet her Kirby once...

I stink so bad against chain grabs because of my own horrible attitude concerning them...... and while my mind continues fighting against it, others will progress using them, while I stagnate...

I even tried using my Sonic a couple of times, but most of it was loss after loss after loss with Lucario...

And the worst part was that I considered using my Metaknight against her, just to try to win.... I was THAT DESPERATE that I'd use a character whose borderlined banned because of people like me trying to use him for one or two bad matches...

I need help... someone please help me...... I beg for help...... I'm crying right now.... and it hurts.....

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Guys.. I need help....

I was fighting Kawaii-Bunny today...

I knew I was going to lose.... but I was still stunned at how bad I did..

Against her Ice-Climbers, I didn't win a single time... against her Dedede, I didn't win a single time... against her Marth, I didn't win a single time.... I think I bet her Kirby once...

I stink so bad against chain grabs because of my own horrible attitude concerning them...... and while my mind continues fighting against it, others will progress using them, while I stagnate...

I even tried using my Sonic a couple of times, but most of it was loss after loss after loss with Lucario...

And the worst part was that I considered using my Metaknight against her, just to try to win.... I was THAT DESPERATE that I'd use a character whose borderlined banned because of people like me trying to use him for one or two bad matches...

I need help... someone please help me...... I beg for help...... I'm crying right now.... and it hurts.....
IRL or WiFi? If it was WiFi, then don't be so hard on yourself. WiFi screws with everyone. If it was IRL, well congratulations, you now have a good reason to learn how to space. Cheer up, Emucario, and just start practicing now so you can beat her next
time.

Edit: Waitasec.
I knew I was going to lose.
Here's your problem. It's okay to accept the fact that there are better players than you, but don't you DARE give up before you even play them. You main the best character in the game, as well as the only character in Brawl with the powers of both Aura and Macguverism. With Lucario, you always have a chance. Did Azen give up when he fought NinjaLink way back when, and ended up coming back from what was about to be a three stock to tear NinjaLink a new one and come back in the first ever Lucario signature Reverse 3-stock in the finals of a major tournament? Did Lee give up when he was fighting that Meta Knight awhile ago? Yes he did, and he ended up trying to use Snake on him and fell flat on his face when he could've easily crushed him in his paw. I highly doubt he'll ever make that mistake again. If you only take one thing away from this reply, or hell, your experiences as a Smasher period, just remember this little bit of advice that will surely help you throughout your life: Trust in your aura.

Sigrid Fiinikkusu

Smash Apprentice
I used to roll dodge a lot. However that's stupid and now I'll spam baby aura spheres until people get too close. Sometime I find myself doing better with Marth against people though... But, I'll stick with Lucario till the end of time... Or if Mewtwo returns...

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I still was going to try my very best to win, but come on, I was fighting a Moderator of the Smash-Boards. They don't get to where they are without being good.... I know that with Lucario I can beat anyone though... I just gotta get used to fighting better enemies. The kids at my school are nothing like Kawaii was. I need to move from the Wiimote back to the GameCubeController, and I need to learn to space better. That's all.

A good crying does help you feel better... If I can get a couple of practice matches in, I think I'll be willing to take her on again. Again, I'm expecting to lose to her, just due to player differences, but she's not going to win without a fight this time!

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I'm going to try fighting her later, since I'm much calmer. But I'm also gonna do it with the Cubecontroller as well, since short-hopped-aerials are one of Lucario's strengths, and I can't short hop with just the Wiimote. ;.;

I bet I'll do much better this time. And I guess if mods fight with Chaingrabs as well, it might not be a good idea to learn how to do so myself..

Top Bottom