• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Conducting Massive CPU Tournament

Arkuski

Smash Rookie
Melee CPU Tournament
Twitch Stream - https://twitch.tv/spvlabs
Section List - https://pastebin.com/dg4kmNkp

Section Winners:
Section 1 - Level 9 Green Yoshi
Section 2 - Level 8 Blue Bowser
Section 3 - Level 9 Yellow Mario
Section 4 - Level 9 Green Donkey Kong
Section 5 - Level 9 Blue Zelda
Section 6 - Level 9 Green Ganondorf
Section 7 - Level 8 Pink Luigi
Section 8 -

During the coming months, I will be conducting a large-scale CPU tournament in Melee and streaming it on Twitch. I am aware that CPU tournaments have been held in the past, but I have not found one this thorough.

The 1,062 entrants of the tournament will be all combinations of characters, costumes, and levels. I have divided this list into 67 sections (66 sections with 16 entrants and one section of 6 entrants). Each section will play a single elimination tournament with single game sets. Standard competitive melee tournament rules will be in place (4 stock, 8:00 time limit, tournament legal stages, no items, etc.). A random selection of three of the section winners plus the section 67 winner will then be placed in a play-in for the main tournament. The resulting 64 section champions will then enter a single elimination tournament with standard competitive sets (i.e. best of 5) with the same rules.

Last edited:

Arkuski

Smash Rookie
Section 4 Champion: Level 9 Green Donkey Kong

The only upset in this round occurred when a level 1 Ness beat a level 2 Kirby. Kirby would swallow Ness and waste time using PK Flash.

Arkuski

Smash Rookie
Section 5 Champion: Level 9 Blue Zelda

Three upsets occurred in this round. A level 7 Falco beat a level 8 Ness, while a level 6 Ganon beat a level 9 Pichu and a level 8 Fox. The aforementioned level 9 Pichu nearly lost to a level 5 Peach.

Arkuski

Smash Rookie
Section 6 Champion: Level 9 Green Ganondorf

Only one upset in this round. A level 5 Captain Falcon defeated a level 7 Link.

Arkuski

Smash Rookie
Section 7 Champion: Level 8 Pink Luigi

Several upsets in this round. A level 7 Ganondorf defeated a level 9 Pikachu. The level 8 Luigi champion defeated level 9 Ice Climbers and Young Link. Most shocking of all however was the defeat of a level 8 Mario by a level 2 Jigglypuff. Mario SD'd 4 times on Final Destination. Truly shocking to watch.

Arkuski

Smash Rookie
Section 8 Champion: Level 8 Yellow Pikachu

Only upset occurred when a level 7 Yoshi beat a level 8 Zelda. A match between a level 1 Zelda and a level 3 Mario finished with 3 seconds remaining.

Top Bottom