• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Concerning grabbing at the ledge...

Jeffman98

Smash Rookie
Something I have noticed while playing is that when I grab release at the ledge, it will combo into down and uptilt if the opponent buffers a jump, resulting in an easy kill. Sometimes however, we both fall at the same time, resulting in a 50% chance of getting footstooled. So my question is... how do i release at the ledge instead of falling to my doom? I have a vod of both happening to me in a single match. Failed at 2:00 and worked at 3:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm-YhP-kzyI

Last edited:

Budwiser

Smash Cadet
I don't know for certain why it happens, but if you notice that you are going to slide off, try not to jump right away. If you do, you might be foot stooled if the opponent is trying to do the same thing. So save your jump and wait a little longer. And if you don't slide off, you can just pummel until the mash out. Then you kinda have a Rock-Paper-Scissors situation. They will either jump back up and try to interrupt whatever you do with an attack, fall down to avoid your attack, or try to just grab ledge. For the first situation, you can either shield the attack or just jump up and D-air them. Either you will win out, or at least trade. In the second situation, you can drop down and D-air or B-air them. If they are air dodge happy, try and read one. Depending on DI, you can even dropzone F-air them. It's more or less the same in the third situation as it is in the second. But as a warning, none of this is guaranteed. You just have to be able to read the opponent well.

Top Bottom