• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Concentrate IV Results

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
1st: Nairo :metaknight:
2nd: Atomsk :popo: :metaknight: :dedede:
3rd: Shugo :falco: :metaknight:
4th: Bloodcross :metaknight: :falco:
5th: Keitaro :falco:
5th: Darc :marth:
7th: Kai :diddy: :sonic:
7th: Shadow :metaknight: :wario:
9th: Doom :metaknight:
9th: Bizkit :snake:
9th: TeeVee :rob: :diddy:
9th: Snakee :zerosuitsamus:
13th: BMC :peach:
13th: Nicole :peach:
13th: Sails :diddy:
13th: Dark Pch :peach:
17th: Phoenix Lord
17th: Ghost

Temporary Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/AcZt1.gif

Still kinda updating results.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Dark Pch was looking good on stream, sucks he scrub'd in bracket, get 'em next time bro. Good job Nairo n Trevor.

:017:

AllyKnight

I just don't understand how the **** these events take 6 hours to finish (if this started at 3pm like it was scheduled)

Other than that, pretty stacked bracket, I'll try to come for the next one.

Keitaro

I just don't understand how the **** these events take 6 hours to finish (if this started at 3pm like it was scheduled)

Other than that, pretty stacked bracket, I'll try to come for the next one.
One of the reasons is because I was skipped over in the bracket so 3 sets had to be played over because I was skipped and I kept winning.

The other reason was because there weren't that many entrants there was no rush to finish the tournament from the TOs.

Keitaro

Where was M2k, Vinnie, Dabuz, and Will? o_0
I know Anti and Adhd is basically retired.
ADHD retires all the time, pretty sure he'll be around and just as good as always in the summer, but he can't play much during the school semester.

I dunno where Anti was, M2K couldn't get a ride, and Vinnie and Dabuz entered a 53 man Long Island NY tourney the same day as this.

NNID
Budget_Player
They ended up running out of time in the end so they couldn't do Minus sadly.
Which reminds me, if anyone has any replays, HMU. ^^

Also, sure looks NY/NJ in here. :awesome: But even with 5 MKs in top 8, there's still really solid character variance. Good **** Darc for showing that USA has more than one Marth worth paying attention to.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Good stuff Kai! Don't know u or how much of Sonic u actually use but good stuff.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Me placing bad in bracket as usual. This is pitiful. I just can't seem to play well in tournament. But in friendlies im am a monster. I played snakeee in friendlies after losing to him and he never beat me. I just wish for once I can play in tournament the way I play in friendlies. Im too much of a coward in bracket and play so stupid. Until then, I just excepted I am never gonna do good in tournaments.

MJG

Smash Hero
Me placing bad in bracket as usual. This is pitiful. I just can't seem to play well in tournament. But in friendlies im am a monster. I played snakeee in friendlies after losing to him and he never beat me. I just wish for once I can play in tournament the way I play in friendlies. Im too much of a coward in bracket and play so stupid. Until then, I just excepted I am never gonna do good in tournaments.
Some people don't give it their all in friendlies (at least not all the time).

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Good stuff Kai! Don't know u or how much of Sonic u actually use but good stuff.
Thanks. I used Sonic all 3 games vs nicole, 1 game against Bloodcross, and all 3 vs Darc. I used Diddy on Bizkit and once vs bloodcross. Keitaro put diddy first near my name. Lame

Thanks Nakat!

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Agreed. Even if you don't actively sandbag there is a possibility that you're subconsciously sandbagging because it's not a tourney set.

1st: Nairo :metaknight: The most electrifying man

2nd: Atomsk :popo: :snake: :metaknight: :dedede: Teach me the DDD matchup yo. Also, don't go DDD against me in tourney kthx

3rd: Shugo :falco: :metaknight: FROM DOWNTOWN

4th: Bloodcross :metaknight: :falco: WTF. TOUCH MK'S UP-B YOU DIE? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIGURE THAT OUT?

5th: Keitaro :falco: Shugo practice paid off haha. I SAW YOUR YOUTUBE COMMENT. I'M READY FOR YOUR SNAKE *makes shugo learn snake to practice against me*

5th: Darc :marth:

7th: Kai :diddy: :sonic: Fun set. Playing against Sonic is like chasing a girl. Come back to me I just want to swing my sword at youuuuuuu

7th: Shadow :metaknight: :wario: I woulda played you, but mk is a buttface

9th: Doom :metaknight: Breaking games since '89. GGs yo. I hope next time we have a legit set and not some all over the place exhibition

9th: Bizkit :snake: WE COULDA PLAYED, BUT NOPE

9th: TeeVee :rob: :diddy: "You could always...**** him"

9th: Snakee :zerosuitsamus: Best Dazwa

13th: BMC :peach: PEACH

13th: Nicole :peach: PEACH. ur cute

13th: Sails :diddy: You looked frustrated with your matches D: I hope you don't quit or anything D:

13th: Dark Pch :peach: PEACH

17th: Phoenix Lord hi

17th: Ghost hi

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I'll change that for Bloodcross but Atomsk took 2 games off Nairo in Grand Finals as Snake.
But he still lost the set...that's how it goes. Why does winning games matter if you lose the set?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Yes, character usage is supposed to be based off of which characters help you advance.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Yo get@me with some payouts.

Also, sucks that I couldn't make it to either tourney, but I was kinda broke...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
And some people can't play on point in tournament cause of nerves and etc. I spoke to snakeee while we were playing and he noticed a big difference in when I played and agreed. Im only able to play when nothing is on the line.

Ether way, you would not know the difference between how I play in both areas. People around here that see me play know. Doom is one of those people And now maybe atomsk since he was watching me this weekend.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That Marth is lookin' solid Darc. Definitely took some of that **** for myself lmao.

:phone:

Keitaro

And some people can't play on point in tournament cause of nerves and etc. I spoke to snakeee while we were playing and he noticed a big difference in when I played and agreed. Im only able to play when nothing is on the line.

Ether way, you would not know the difference between how I play in both areas. People around here that see me play know. Doom is one of those people And now maybe atomsk since he was watching me this weekend.
I actually (usually) have this same problem. People who play me often say I'm better in friendlies but I choke under pressure in tourney.

Recently I have been able to still play decent under pressure though. My suggestion is to keep entering and eventually you'll get used to the tourney pressure and play just like you do in friendlies.

What matters most is being able to perform when under pressure as you already know.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I actually (usually) have this same problem. People who play me often say I'm better in friendlies but I choke under pressure in tourney.

Recently I have been able to still play decent under pressure though. My suggestion is to keep entering and eventually you'll get used to the tourney pressure and play just like you do in friendlies.

What matters most is being able to perform when under pressure as you already know.
Thats the problem. You would think playing in tourny alot would help with this. But it dosen't. I been placing bad in tournies for 2 years due to this. So doing that is not helping at all. Im confident in all the match ups I usually run across. I know what I have to do and not do to win. So that is not an issue ether.

This is why a say I am not a good player as others might think. I can't play they way I know I can when it matters and act like a coward. A player to me is one who can play under pressure, even if they are bad. They use all that they know. Until I can do that, I can't see myself as good. Playining I am suppose to when it does not matter is just weak.

Keitaro

Be sure to realize that you still have made some great achievements tourney-wise though. You remind me of False atm cause he hasn't been doing so well since Apex in tourney.

You both made it into bracket of Apex beating players that others would have never saw you two beating. Try to keep some confidence because if you don't have confidence you'll likely buckle under pressure in tourney.

For example, I oftenly did well vs Atomsk and Shadow in tourney cause my mindset vs them was always (IMMA **** THEM UP, THEY'RE NOTHING!!!) But then I would fight Inui, who I usually destroy in friendlies which he says so himself, and my mind would think (oh gosh, if I lose to this guy he'll NEVER shutup about it, I'm scared I'm scared). Inui still has a winning record vs me in tourney to this day.

Basically what I'm saying is your mind is set to thinking you will play worse in tourney and if you keep it like that you are unlikely to play at your best.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Im not sure how I made bracket at that. Idk what was in my mind. I slowly thinking that I got lucky. And one good think out of 1000000 tournaments does not mean anything. Just sounds like I got a lucky break.

Ether way this does not matter anymore so not gonna run this thread with this. I failed as usual (go figure). And there is nothing I can do about it. And as Long as I have this problem, I will always continue to fail and be a weak player since I can't play on point when it matters. Thats all that can be said.

I'll see you guys around.

Top Bottom