• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Computer Help Needed

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
When I start my computer after restarting two notepad files will open up, both saying,

"
[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell 32.dll,-21787"

Firefox acts like both Google and Facebook are dangerous sites, and I can't open League of Legends. Is this a virus or a legitimate Windows problem?

A few weeks ago, Firefox was acting like Google and Facebook were dangerous and then I was unable to use the internet. Doing a virus scan, my antivirus program took care of what was blocking my browser internet access and it would keep finding the exact same Trojan files over and over. I would try to remove them.

After that, I did a system restore. The notepad file showed up again, which I thought strange. After a few days Firefox kept acting like Google and Facebook were dangerous. League of Legends still won't open.

I've tried several System Restores, I can't get rid of the problem. Help would be greatly, greatly appreciated, what should I do?

:)

John2k4

The End of an Era
Could be a rootkit. I've had this happen before where most of the internet gets locked down (to prevent you from removing the offending program).

Have you tried running MalwareBytes?

Are you able to screencap the current running tasks in the Task Manager?
(I know there is a diagnostic program that will list just about everything [tasks, services, loaded modules, sysinfo, etc]; the name of it is escaping me..)

So everytime you did a virus scan, it would find trojan files with slightly different names? Something like
/***/***/***/DWGHDKLWF.mrl
/***/***/***/WOGHIJFOIW.mrl
And so on? And with each virus scan it would find more of those?

Oneupsalesman

Smash Journeyman
^^I'm going to be getting Malwarebytes this weekend, so I'll try that. Whatever was blocking my browser's access seems to be gone. This might be a legitimate problem with Windows.

^Sort of, but now those don't seem to be showing up with virus scans.

And, right now, I'm barely able to use the internet. For some reason I'm only able to get to this website. I'm running a virus scan and it found a trojan, but that hasn't fixed any problems. It's really freaking me out.

UPDATE: I defragmented my hard-drive, things are going a looot better. Maybe not perfect, but hey. There's still a Windows error, but things are going okay right now. The computer feels back to normal.

Top Bottom