• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compressed Melee/Hooded Marth Neutral

RomanPhoenix

Smash Rookie
So right now I have the custom Hooded Marth mod on my 4.05v 20XX, and I'm using DAT Wiz 4.3, the problem is when rebuilding the ISO, it becomes shrunk/compressed. Could someone help me figure out how to keep it from getting compressed when rebuilding it. Also, how to convert the custom texture to nuetral Marth.

DRGN

Technowizard
For future reference, the best place to post something like this would be the thread for those characters, or the DTW thread, if it's a problem/question specific to the program.

Anyway, what do you mean it becomes compressed? DTW has no compression feature. It may, however, change the size of an ISO. For example, if you import a file that's 400 Kb larger than the original, the new ISO would then be 400 Kb larger. Conversely, importing a file that's smaller than the original does not require a rebuild, and won't change the ISO's size. (The next version of DTW will behave a bit differently, and have new options for controlling the size of the finished ISO.)

I don't know how to convert it to use the Neutral slot, since the model of the DAT file is changed as well. Maybe the model data could be copied over directly, in a hex editor, but I kind of doubt it since there are probably other bits that link up to it differently (i.e. the new structures would be at different offsets). The person to ask would be @zankyou, but I assume he would find it easier to just re-convert the costume over the other slot.

Last edited:

RomanPhoenix

Smash Rookie
For future reference, the best place to post something like this would be the thread for those characters, or the DTW thread, if it's a problem/question specific to the program.

Anyway, what do you mean it becomes compressed? DTW has no compression feature. If you import a file that's 400 Kb larger than the original, the new ISO would then be 400 Kb larger. (The next version of DTW will behave a bit differently, and have new options for controlling the size of the finished ISO.)

I don't know how to convert it to use the Neutral slot, since the model of the DAT file is changed as well. Maybe the model data could be copied over directly, in a hex editor, but I kind of doubt it since there are probably other bits that link up to it differently (i.e. the new structures would be at different offsets). The person to ask would be @zankyou, but I assume he would find it easier to just re-convert the costume over the other slot.
I will post in the respective thread from now, when i go into Nintendont, it gives the SSBM iso a rainbow text color indicating that it is compressed. I do not know if this is brought forth because of the slight change in bytes or what.

DRGN

Technowizard
Perhaps Nintendont simply uses the rainbow text for any ISO that's not the exact standard size for GameCube discs (which is 1.36 GB, or 1,459,978,240 bytes). This is just a guess, but it would be easy enough to test, and nice to know.

Rest assured it is not compressed though. As of v4.3, or even the not-yet-released next version, no code exists in DTW to do that.

RomanPhoenix

Smash Rookie
Perhaps Nintendont simply uses the rainbow text for any ISO that's not the exact standard size for GameCube discs (which is 1.36 GB, or 1,459,978,240 bytes). This is just a guess, but it would be easy enough to test, and nice to know.

Rest assured it is not compressed though. As of v4.3, or even the not-yet-released next version, no code exists in DTW to do that.
Thank you :) looking at the ISO before and after, there is a slight change, which would explain why Nintendont would think the file isn't a 1:1 dump.

Top Bottom