• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Ultimately it was unknowable as he didn't give us anything to work with. Hence why he needed to go. Removing an unknown variable opens up the doorway to getting a cohesive picture of the game.

I was hoping throughout the day that he was going to whip something out as we approached the end of the day, but when that time comes and goes still did nothing, not even vote, I was just like **** it.
Good answer, but not exactly what I asked. Percentages, wha percent chance would you guess DP would flip scum. And what percentage that M

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
This is unrelated to anything but the new mobile push notifs are 10/10.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 why haven't you scum read Boom for pushing you?
I believe I've stated this before, but the push felt genuine. It seemed like Boom was genuinely taking in the information and making a case by trying to see both perspectives. I'm not going to OMGUS anyone pushing me lmao, that would be terrible gameplay. His intentions seem pure, yours don't. If you want I can go back and look at specific posts that struck me as townie

If you look back, you'll see that I felt your push at the beginning was good and didn't scumread you until your other actions were also scummy. Town is wrong all the time, so pushing a townie isn't an end all be all scumtell. Boom's other actions have felt well-intentioned.

Are you trying to say that I should be scum reading anyone pushing me? Or that I'm only pushing you for pushing me? Neither are correct.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Boom, I have to get this off my chest, why oh why do you abbreviate his name to mer rather than merc, where the syllable drops :(

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I have to go for now but I'll be back tonight

Boom, I have to get this off my chest, why oh why do you abbreviate his name to mer rather than merc, where the syllable drops :(
I say Mer too. It's Mer-cur-y not Merc-ur-y, right? The second just feels super weird lmao

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

I believe I've stated this before, but the push felt genuine. It seemed like Boom was genuinely taking in the information and making a case by trying to see both perspectives. I'm not going to OMGUS anyone pushing me lmao, that would be terrible gameplay. His intentions seem pure, yours don't. If you want I can go back and look at specific posts that struck me as townie

If you look back, you'll see that I felt your push at the beginning was good and didn't scumread you until your other actions were also scummy. Town is wrong all the time, so pushing a townie isn't an end all be all scumtell. Boom's other actions have felt well-intentioned.

Are you trying to say that I should be scum reading anyone pushing me? Or that I'm only pushing you for pushing me? Neither are correct.
Yeah can you show why you don't think my push is genuine (as opposed to booms)?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
100%, try to remind me tonight lol. I felt that your push was genuine at first as well, but as it progressed it seemed less so

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
All the dictionaries have it as mer-cu-ry, but man it's still not right to abbreviate it like that! Perhaps it also has to do with a bowel sound coming after. Or that hardness of the k sound.

Like Deadpool is referred to as the Merc (mercenary) with a mouth, not the mer with a mouth, c'mon now.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
All the dictionaries have it as mer-cu-ry, but man it's still not right to abbreviate it like that! Perhaps it also has to do with a vowel sound coming after. Or that hardness of the k sound.

Like Deadpool is referred to as the Merc (mercenary) with a mouth, not the mer with a mouth, c'mon now.
Yeah I think this has to be it. We abbreviate Rajam to Raj not Ra.

Chaco

Never Logs In
This argument doesn't really hold any water lmao, especially when everyone agrees that scum got fake claims, which is the argument you used against Boom's point
I basically said this is why it’s removed from PoE for now only. Obviously I know it’s nothing that can be gone off of in a situation if where Somi appears a scummier, it’s more of a personal narrowing.

Your style is 100% different when you’re on a chopping block and I’m trying to wrap my head around it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii Xivii DP hasn’t really been scumreading anyone hard except you and that came off of Osie push imo.

Chaco

Never Logs In

I disagree with this because I felt Xivii’s push was the most informed and actively was seeking out input on what he noticed. Xivii is good at making cases though, however if you notice a different distinction in the fact that he only makes cases on people he truly believes to be scum. He will speculate on pairings and activity, but when he sees a strong scum possibility he will make a case (ie Midnight on Mala, me, etc)

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don’t think I truthfully see another yeet route today atm. If DP is town we may be getting snowed by Boom. But it’s so hard to speculate that cause I’ve been town reading Boom all game. Frozen is my 100% locktown.

Somi-Boom would be pairing is scumBoom.

UP is just antagonistic. lol. Can someone show me his scum play? Is it more appeasing or abrasive?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Chaco Chaco I'm confident there's at least one scum between DP and Xivii. If DP is town then scum Xivii pushed the Merc yeet first because he knew he'd still get the DP yeet on later days, but Merc was an easy D1 push. Osie said Merc would be stronger late game.

somitomi somitomi Who do you think is scum between Xivii and DP? Or both?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Your participation would be appreciated. I know you love unexplained cold reads, but it's time to lay down harder thoughts. Who do you think is scum?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Trying to put myself back in the situation, but I can't say, especially with the knowledge of Mercs flip.
Your powers are weak. Fine, a simpler version of the question. Did you think Merc was more likely to flip scum then DP?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco Chaco I'm confident there's at least one scum between DP and Xivii. If DP is town then scum Xivii pushed the Merc yeet first because he knew he'd still get the DP yeet on later days, but Merc was an easy D1 push. Osie said Merc would be stronger late game.

somitomi somitomi Who do you think is scum between Xivii and DP? Or both?
I feel you there, but Xivii feels more town to me here than DP due to his change of style here. I feel he’s pushing for anything to give him off the block and trying to discredit things where I’ve typically not seen him do that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
DP just has this quality where you don’t wanna yeet him. He’s the RL Innocent child

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
UP is just antagonistic. lol. Can someone show me his scum play? Is it more appeasing or abrasive?
UP is nearly impossible for me to read because he's scummy in general and experiments with a different style each game. So there's not a lot of meta that can be extracted that's consistent. The only tell I've been able to really extract from his play is the one I mentioned before about him interacting with his scum buddies emphatically (which of course is now void for the future).

This is his most recent scum game, he was the Sorcerer.
This was a scum game before then, we were partners here (The b-game I linked before)

This is a depressed UP town game.
This is an exuberant UP town game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Your powers are weak. Fine, a simpler version of the question. Did you think Merc was more likely to flip scum then DP?
Dude it's obvious what you're trying to do, but I already answered the heart of the question. The argument that you are trying to form is that if I was more confident on DP flipping scum, then I shouldn't have gone Merc. This, however, is based on the presumption that percent chance scumminess is the only factor that a yeet should be based on. I've explained why I went Merc here, but you're brushing my intent aside to attempt to put me in a gotcha-moment founded upon a faulty premise. I didn't yeet Merc because he had a high chance of being scum, I yeeted him because he was a completely unknown variable who showed no signs of changing course, was not utilizing his vote, had not addressed any of the major cases, and was someone who becomes a greater liability as the game progresses.

You did this same thing as scum in Crossover mafia btw, when I pushed to get rid of an inactive slot d1. I believe I have a link to it if you'd like.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to "gotcha". I'm trying to dig to the bottom of this. You being cagey about divulging information isn't helping. You being scum and trying to hide your motivations and you being town worried I'm trying to "getcha" are unfortunately similar looking, but my gut still says you are town. I still think yeeting Merc was a strategically poor choice. The worst they can do is cost us a missyeet. The first missyeet and last missyeet aren't of different value. It's not actually worse for them to live to LYLO and be the loosing missyeet, even though it feels worse. This is already the worst case scenario with Merc, a missyeet and almost no connections to work with. If you disagree we should probably just save it until after game when our alignments are known.

You did this same thing as scum in Crossover mafia btw, when I pushed to get rid of an inactive slot d1.
Yeah, obviously, because I do the same regardless of alignment. That's the point of the game, to be consistent regardless of alignment. You've seen me be very sympathetic to "yeet bait" of all types. Most notably 3DSNinja, but also UP in Oasis. You have to work with what people give you. They can play badly by not giving you much, but you still have to play your best with what you get.

I'm going to hold back and wait for Somi and UP to participate more.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mercuri didn’t give us a lot to go off of, and I still think regardless we go DP today because it’s concretes a lot for us. And if we keep letting him live we keep wondering if he’s scum. There’s to much of a notable difference in his play here.

##Vote: Darkpit

Chaco

Never Logs In
UP is nearly impossible for me to read because he's scummy in general and experiments with a different style each game. So there's not a lot of meta that can be extracted that's consistent. The only tell I've been able to really extract from his play is the one I mentioned before about him interacting with his scum buddies emphatically (which of course is now void for the future).

This is his most recent scum game, he was the Sorcerer.
This was a scum game before then, we were partners here (The b-game I linked before)

This is a depressed UP town game.
This is an exuberant UP town game.
I’ll look through these soon. Thanks.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I know you meant to add Frozen also lmao
Meh. It'd be nice if he paid attention so he's not lost at end of Day. And I've asked for a modprod on him. But UP and Somi are who I want real opinions from.

somitomi

Smash Journeyman
somitomi somitomi before you go can we get a read list
Let's see, Chaco and BoomFrog are my town core right now
Frozen (I got some frustrated town vibes from Osie vs. Frozen)
UP
DarkPit
Xivii
Ultimately it was unknowable as he didn't give us anything to work with. Hence why he needed to go. Removing an unknown variable opens up the doorway to getting a cohesive picture of the game.
Not if the unknown variable doesn't appear in any of your equations.
Who do you think is scum between Xivii and DP? Or both?
I'm generally reading both of them as scummy, but Xivii is stronger right now. Some of Darkpit's posts today gave me little town-vibes and I know town can be wrong, but I'm somewhat influenced by Osie townreading Darkpit as well.
I feel you there, but Xivii feels more town to me here than DP due to his change of style here. I feel he’s pushing for anything to give him off the block and trying to discredit things where I’ve typically not seen him do that.
It's entirely possible I'm just to sleepy, but who does "he" refer to in the second half of this sentence?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
sorry guys got my prod, I've been absolutely ****ing swamped with work this week, my jurisdiction is starting up jury trials again and I just had two big cases I thought would plea set for trial so I've been doing nothing but trial prep all week

I'm the "passive deputy." If any role with "cop" in the name dies in the game, I will inherit any passive abilities they had. this hella confused me at first because I was like "wtf kind of cop role has a passive" ability? once chaco claimed essentially an ambiguously functional miller I figured out my role sounded nonsensical because they're all nonsensical and nonfunctional and there probably wasn't even a cop role in the game. just a bunch of red herrings pointing to things that don't exist, hence my fixation on the "who gets it vs. who doesnt" reasoning so early on

really ****ing shocked that osie wasn't scum, like why would a townie deliberately misconstrue so many of my posts so brazenly? really don't get it

also massively disappointed that town!merc felt entitled to play against wincon like that. was surprised to see the switch to that slot so late but as I've been saying from the beginning removing that question mark will only pay dividends for us going forward and make PoE that much easier

I really need to do a re-read at this point because I was really ****ing expecting atleast one scum between merc and osie so I need to find new grounding. Plan is to try to knock that out either late tonight and early tomorrow and I'm promising full bore activity by late saturday afternoon all the way thru the weekend because I should be done with trial prep by that point

Chaco

Never Logs In
Let's see, Chaco and BoomFrog are my town core right now
Frozen (I got some frustrated town vibes from Osie vs. Frozen)
UP
DarkPit
Xivii

Not if the unknown variable doesn't appear in any of your equations.

I'm generally reading both of them as scummy, but Xivii is stronger right now. Some of Darkpit's posts today gave me little town-vibes and I know town can be wrong, but I'm somewhat influenced by Osie townreading Darkpit as well.

It's entirely possible I'm just to sleepy, but who does "he" refer to in the second half of this sentence?
Sorry, DP.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hitting your second point though somitomi somitomi , that doesn’t really follow town logic. He has to be in the equation unless you know his alignment, correct? He’s always in the PoE if he hasn’t given you any reason to not be, therefore that’s flawed logic. It’s a burden of proof on town to always make themselves known as town, if they don’t it’s against wincon.

Chaco

Never Logs In
At least deadline isn’t on a weekend this time.

Still waiting for reads lists from people who haven’t done so.

Top Bottom