• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

osieorb18

Smash Ace
D1 yeet scum based on intent, D2 yeet based on textbook tells, D3 either clean up if previous days have left scum naked or reevaluate of not.
If we follow Xivii's own method, which is theoretically not a bad idea in a vacuum, the eliminations would be:

Xivii, Frozen/mercuri/somitomi, figure things out from there.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
But don’t get me wrong I’m not for mass claiming early all the time. I tried to get it to happen in UPs game way earlier than when everyone wanted because I recognized that Lynch pool would be comprised of all VTs and that with Ninja shots, PRs were offset and a massclaim benefitted us from a PoE stance.
Yeah, and I haven't accused anyone of being for massclaiming early all the time. I don't think that's the case. The early massclaim in this game might not hurt us too much. But don't give Xivii any townpoints for it. Don't give Xivii any townpoints for any of the tactics that he's used to support it. Because that's what Xivii as a strong scum player wants.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, and I haven't accused anyone of being for massclaiming early all the time. I don't think that's the case. The early massclaim in this game might not hurt us too much. But don't give Xivii any townpoints for it. Don't give Xivii any townpoints for any of the tactics that he's used to support it. Because that's what Xivii as a strong scum player wants.
Oh I’m not literally basing anything on his slot off of it except his role. He got town points for me in two isolated events this game, but nothing that has swayed me to TownXivii.

Xivii and UP are equally yoked to me this game thus far.

Speaking of UP, where is he?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Forreal? Dang. That’s wild. Wouldn’t have guessed that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I also am very curious to see Xivii’s role, not gonna lie. If I wasn’t hell bent on Somi going first, I’d want Xivii to go now since he’s here.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Man, imagine if instead of a tracker it was a normalizer and a bunch of derped up roles. That's like Osie levels of trolling.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I'm somewhat joking on UP's age, but he might legitimately either be at school or otherwise busy.

Anyways, on topic. I'mma try to go through the whole playerlist again shortly in a few ways and see what I get from it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii and UP are equally yoked to me this game thus far.
What do you mean by yoked? Also can you answer this:
Chaco you keep sniping at me for being anti-town but when I asked you directly what you find to be anti-town, you disagreed that I have been. What gives? My thinking is that you're just trying to counter osie's argument from his own perspective, but I feel that isn't a fruitful way to go about it because it works under the assumption that I am indeed being anti-town.
You keep low key shading me while also defending me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
By yoked I mean in similar positions in my reads, I’m waiting to see things before I progress those.

And it’s not shade at all, you just have a distinctly different play style than what I necessarily vibe with and it’s very hard for me to discern your intent a lot of the times. What you use in positive ways I wouldn’t do, it’s just fundamental differences so I give you a great benefit of the doubt when it comes to style. Like I conceded to you as leading town last game because you were confirmed, but up until that point I was not at all okay with how you handled the fake claims. As I said, ultimately I used it to finalize my read on Mala, but fundamentally it’s something that I didn’t agree with. I believe in transparency as town, and playing to wincon based off scumhunting alone. I’m not a big gambit person, or angle shooter, I just gut read. So when it comes to your method, I just leave you to it until I see something either inherently scummy or inherently town. As I’ve stated two times I’ve got town pings from you, the rest I’ve just nulled. I don’t see the point of trying to sort you early unless it comes to that point because all playstyles reach a point where motive can clearly be seen. It’s noting against the way you play the game, I just don’t fundamentally play that way. So of course I not going to defend your methods for you when I personally see other ways to go about things that create a allow a more positive connotation. However, I get a lot of reads of watching you do what you do, so I’m cool to backseat and watch reactions, etc. I don’t like to be a forefront player until I have to be. But when it’s time I definitely do so.

All I think this whole ordeal has done is allowed immense lurking and vast confusion because Osie doesn’t agree with your methodology, you trying to get us to co-sign it, and me basically just being active through the whole thing and interjecting here and there. Really all it’s done for me is create a more town vibe off of Osie throughout this. Which is not a bad thing. But, DP popped in and out with something that we could have had him expound on and dig further into why he thinks what he does when he’s your main suspect. Honestly I was VERY surprised you let him pop in and out without hitting on that. So that plays to what Osie’s saying. That’s why I said at the beginning of this it feels TvT, here we are two pages later and 12 hours and we’ve regurgitated the same points ad nauseum, with less than 48 hours til deadline.

At some point we need to see that this conversation is not at all pertinent, and get back to PoE. Like en masse everyone has backed a mass claim, so let’s try to claiming.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm understanding that with regard to my play in Midnight, but what is it in this game that you find disagreeable? My issue is that you're justifying osie's view of my methodology, but I don't think I've used any obscure or eccentric methodology this game?

Earlier, you said that my playstyle was different this game. What did you mean by that? What are the differences in your view?

osieorb18

Smash Ace
All I think this whole ordeal has done is allowed immense lurking and vast confusion because Osie doesn’t agree with your methodology, you trying to get us to co-sign it, and me basically just being active through the whole thing and interjecting here and there. Really all it’s done for me is create a more town vibe off of Osie throughout this. Which is not a bad thing. But, DP popped in and out with something that we could have had him expound on and dig further into why he thinks what he does when he’s your main suspect. Honestly I was VERY surprised you let him pop in and out without hitting on that. So that plays to what Osie’s saying. That’s why I said at the beginning of this it feels TvT, here we are two pages later and 12 hours and we’ve regurgitated the same points ad nauseum, with less than 48 hours til deadline.

At some point we need to see that this conversation is not at all pertinent, and get back to PoE. Like en masse everyone has backed a mass claim, so let’s try to claiming.
I'm still wondering why you think this is TvT when Xivii is treating me like a town who's caught him. TvT doesn't play out that way. Xivii doesn't need to read me to know I'm town. He's not trying to provide reads more than the bare minimum to push miseliminations because he knows it will look fake.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
you're justifying osie's view of my methodology, but I don't think I've used any obscure or eccentric methodology this game
Strawmanning again. I never called your methodology obscure or eccentric. 3 times so far. I feel like I should start taking bets on how many times you'll intentionally put words into my mouth.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
A D1 massclaim is not eccentric or obscure, particularly if people think that the setup is open. It isn't standard if the setup is, in fact, closed, but it's not out-of-this-world. That said, in a closed setup, particularly one that's likely relatively low power, the benefit to mafia is more definite than the benefit to town. And this is something that Xivii has dodged addressing multiple times now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm understanding that with regard to my play in Midnight, but what is it in this game that you find disagreeable? My issue is that you're justifying osie's view of my methodology, but I don't think I've used any obscure or eccentric methodology this game?

Earlier, you said that my playstyle was different this game. What did you mean by that? What are the differences in your view?
You began the game embellishing posts with colors in reads and the like. It’s just distracting. Like what purpose did that serve overly when you could just expound? Other than that, you’re trying to hard to be a pace setter in this mass claim to the point that it essentially derailed because Osie came against you on it. I’m basing everything I say off of midnight because it’s the only completed experience I have with you. Therefore it’s my basis of comparison, plus I saw the general consensus from many other players that’s how you play overall. So I was operating under that assumption that it’s a new Xivii every game.

Back to the main point, Somi literally was like nah I’m good, I’m passive because Osie was so hard against you.

I said initially it was TvT, osieorb18 osieorb18 , now I literally just want the rest of the playerbase to get back in here. Initially Xivii pinged me town for angle and why he tried to get you to claim, he pinged me scummy for ignoring his main suspect to continue to ask me about why I feel the way I do and continuing to explain why I’m treating his slot a certain way when truthfully it’s not game relevant rn.

Like let me go back and grab that post from DP, if he was my main suspect I would’ve been all up on that post.

After that I’m done for the night. I need an influx of bystanders to post.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Chaco Chaco , that's not fair to say it's not game relevant. It's relevant for me in sorting you. Again, I asked you earlier what it was that you thought I've done this game that's anit-town, and you replied that you didn't think I've done anything anti-town this game. But in statements like these, you seem to be agreeing with, or justifying osie's view, that I've done something anti-town this game:
I understand the frustration and why you see it as scummy.
I don’t disagree with what you’re saying
So what I'm asking is what do you not disagree with from osie? I ask because it comes off as playing both sides, defending me while leaving the door open to potentially come around to agreeing with osie later.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Man, it's one of the first posts from Xivii that I'm actively happy about instead of just okay at best on all game.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I haven't read the last page but I'm against mass claim now. Too late I know, sorry Osi. Xivii Xivii sometimes you have to give other people space. Osi's strong reluctance to claim even after catching up should be enough to delay things to D2. I regret not having clarity on that sooner.

I'll catch up tomorrow morning. Night all.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Nah, it's likely osie just doesn't get how his role is functionally useless in relation to the setup at large, so the claiming will help him get on the same page.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Actually though, the idea of a normaliser is something that I didn't consider. I'm fine with waiting in case of its existence.

##Vote: UtopianPoyzin

Also, I think we should probably try this first.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I sorta want to try to strongarm Xivii's actions away from certain choices but I know he'll just ignore me.

Not voting to eliminate today:

BoomFrog
Chaco
Darkpit
UtopianPoyzin

Could be convinced:

Mercuri
Somitomi

Would definitely vote to eliminate:

FrozenFlame
Xivii

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Nah, it's likely osie just doesn't get how his role is functionally useless in relation to the setup at large, so the claiming will help him get on the same page.
I actually know exactly how my role works in the context of pretty much anything.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
This wouldn’t really do anything though. Like it’s probably the least telling yeet and they’ve been fine thus far, not really showing scum intent and don’t have a clear modus operandi either. Lack of agenda hints at town most likely.
I mean, they've done very little. That's kinda the only reason they aren't in my >rand!town at the moment.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
I don't understand how you've been attempting to read me without reading my posts.

Locked Town: Frozen
Town: somi, you, Merc

The scum team is exactly Darkpit and BoomFrog or Utopian and Chaco.

Also stop mini-modding.
No, I want you to write a new, quick readlist with explanations. It's an exercise that is harder for mafia to do than town.

Top Bottom