• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completely Unoptimal Shine Setups

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I couldn't find a thread on this besides one from a while ago where someone just said there's no reason to ever use it.
Hey, I started to play Fox a while ago after the shine changes that still didn't make it good, just to have fun with the gimmick of shining people offstage and what not.

So, for fun, what are some setups that probably wouldn't work on the combo counter or in a serious tournament match, but could work or have worked for you before.

One of the only consistent ones I know is shine off stage to jump shine to just wreck Ike and a couple other linear characters. Sometimes I use it onstage to set up a tech chase.

Anyone have anything more fancy?

seoh

Smash Cadet
theres some weird jank from the ledge where you ledge drop > shine > turn away from the ledge > dj > AC bair. if they shield you pp grab LOL

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
Fthrow > shine
Ff fair footstool > shine
Ac dair > shine
Uair > shine

I love it but it sucks so much :(

Top Bottom