• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
BTW looking at the bosses and noticed this:
  • # of Fighters to fight the boss:
    • The Devil: 5
    • Big the Johnathan: 3
    • Marie: 4
    • Grimm: 4
    • Risky Boots: 3
    • DJ Music Man: 7
    • Hades: 2
    • Photoshop Flowey: 5
I mean I like the spotlight on my only boss contribution to this thread, but this is a bit uneven

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
BTW looking at the bosses and noticed this:
  • # of Fighters to fight the boss:
    • The Devil: 5
    • Big the Johnathan: 3
    • Marie: 4
    • Grimm: 4
    • Risky Boots: 3
    • DJ Music Man: 7
    • Hades: 2
    • Photoshop Flowey: 5
I mean I like the spotlight on my only boss contribution to this thread, but this is a bit uneven
I do admit the boss distribution is a bit lopsided (I accept blame for this), but I don't really see how we can go back and tweak it in a job format.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Both of our polls from yesterday have ended in ties, so I've used some RNG to settle them.
    • Our final Companion Card will be Baldi! Congratulations to Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999 !
    • Penguin's boss will be Big the Jonathan!
  • My Penguin supers and animations win by default.
----
Job 319: Submit cards for the Club Penguin franchise!
Please submit up to three Club Penguin characters to appear as cards. Penguin, Puffles (all represented through one card), Aunt Arctic, Gary, and Sensei will all be cards by default.

Job 320: Submit a Signature Item for Penguin!
Please submit an item which would have a special perk when used by Penguin.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon. Today's jobs will be the last ones for Club Penguin content specifically; Be sure to tune in tomorrow for our final jobs!
---
My submissions:

Cards
  • Rockhopper
  • Herbert & Klutzy
  • DJ Cadence
Might think of a signature item later.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Tankman's new card submissions will be accepted.
  • I'll submit Penguin's Signature Item.
---
That ends the Penguin's jobs, so now... We're here. The last batch of jobs for the thread. I've had these jobs in mind for a while, so hopefully, both old and new contributors will be able to enjoy these last few jobs!

Job 321: Submit up to five cards for ANY franchise!
You will be given five card slots to use on any indie game characters you want! Want to add some new cards to an already represented franchise? Want to introduce a brand new one? Now's your best chance!

Job 322: Submit up to five profile pictures for any already represented franchise!
Please submit up to five PFPs to be used in online play. These can be from any franchise currently represented in any way. You can also add PFPs from franchise you introduce in your cards.

Job 323: Submit a new Buddy!
Simply put, submit a new character that will follow you around in battle. Please include a picture of the buddy and what they would do when the player taunts.

Finally, the job I've been looking forward to most of all!

Job 324: Help design the final tier list!
Now that we've released the final balance patch, All-Star Strife's competitive community has come together to decide on a final tier list. We have the power to shape the meta of the game...

Simply put, please pick your top ten fighters from our roster for a ranked vote (1st place gets 10 points, 2nd gets 9, etc.). When jobs close, I'll use everybody's points to devise a tier list for the game. The elusive SS spot will be reserved for the top-voted fighter overall!
  1. Shovel Knight (...)
  2. Orcane (Rivals of Aether)
  3. Frisk (UNDERTALE)
  4. Cuphead (...)
  5. Quote (Cave Story)
  6. Shantae (...)
  7. Anton (Antonball)
  8. Peacock (Skullgirls)
  9. Madeline (Celeste)
  10. Hat Kid (A Hat in Time)
  11. Meat Boy (Super Meat Boy)
  12. Fireboy & Watergirl (...)
  13. Peppino (Pizza Tower)
  14. Zagreus (Hades)
  15. Red (Angry Birds)
  16. Impostor (Among Us)
  17. Isaac (The Binding of Isaac)
  18. Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer)
  19. Springtrap (Five Nights at Freddy's)
  20. Goose (Untitled Goose Game)
  21. Terrarian (Terraria)
  22. Dust (Dust: An Elsyian Tail)
  23. The Knight (Hollow Knight)
  24. Octane (Rocket League)
  25. Annalynn (...)
  26. Lilac (Freedom Planet)
  27. Reimu (Touhou)
  28. Miriam (Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night)
  29. Henry Stickmin (...)
  30. Crow (Nefarious)
  31. Neon White (...)
  32. Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club)
  33. Jacket (Hotline Miami)
  34. Gunvolt (Azure Striker Gunvolt)
  35. Steve (Minecraft)
  36. Kris (Deltarune)
  37. CommanderVideo (Bit.Trip Runner)
  38. Penguin (Club Penguin)
----

Submissions will close on Monday afternoon due to the sheer magnitude of jobs. Until then, thank you all for contributing! I'll have more to say when the thread actually wraps up, but I hope you have fun with this grand finale!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Last edited:
Job 321:
Card submissions:
1. Normal Cat (battle Cats)
2. Grigori Olyat (Henry Stickmin)
3. Beetlee (Car eats Car)
4. Katsuro (Fruit Ninja)
5. Saber (Fate)

Job 323:
Normal Cat (Battle Cats)
1665862942353.png

Who is that cat?
Normal Cat is a normal cat unit from 2011 japanese tower defense mobile game "Battle Cats" made by indie game company PONOS Corp. and it's a first cat from the game.
Normal Cat can evolve by upgrading it with XP points and the evolution ranges from normal form into evolved form and later true form.

In Battle cats, you have to deploy the cat units by buying them from 2 slots to attack the enemies and defend the base from them. The story in this game shows that the cats want to take over the world (and also moon) in Empire of Cats mode, then they want to conquer it again by fighting alien enemy units in Into the Future mode and the last mode shows them conquering the whole universe.
There also Legend stages and Catclaw Dojo modes aside from the story-related ones.

Battle Cats is kinda niche game nowadays that people don't tend to talk about, but it was popular when launched on mobile devices and many youtubers played it.

As a buddy, it would follow the player. When player taunts, he would grow muscles from both sides of his body and flexes them (reference to macho cat evolution). After that, he becomes normal like before.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I’m gonna delay the deadline for these jobs one more time to Wednesday afternoon - Both to account for Crashboards and because my sickness yesterday left me pretty much incapacitated, meaning I have a bit more schoolwork to do today than I had hoped.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
In the meantime, here's a full tierlist of mine(Note: FazDude this is just for fun. See earlier post for real tier list)

1. Zagreus
  2. Neon White(DLC)
  3. Cuphead
  4. Henry Stickmin(DLC)
  5. Peacock
  6. Spring Trap
  7. Hat Kid
  8. Steve(DLC)
  9. The Impostor
  10. Reimu(DLC)
  11. Frisk
  12. Jacket(DLC)
  13. Red
  14. Kris(DLC)
  15. The Knight
  16. Cadence
  17. Penguin(DLC)
  18. Meat Boy
  19. Monika(DLC)
  20. Madeline
  21. Crow(DLC)
  22. Terrarian
  23. Shovel Knight
  24. CommanderVideo(DLC)
  25. Miriam(DLC)
  26. Shantae
  27. Lilac
  28. Goose
  29. Gunvolt(DLC)
  30. Annalynn
  31. Issac
  32. Pepppino
  33. Octane
  34. Orcane
  35. Quote
  36. Dust
  37. Anton
  38. Fireboy and Watergirl

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed.
  • All card, PFP, and buddy submissions will be approved.
  • I will be calculating the tier list, and will hopefully have the results up within a few hours.
For now, though, with a bittersweet feeling in my heart, I declare that we have come to the end of the All-Star Strife creation thread.

...and what a thread it's been! For my first creation thread, I didn't expect things to go as smoothly as they did; Even though we had a few bumps in the road here and there and I had quite a few more delays than I had hoped, I'm really proud of how the thread ended up. Of course, I have all of you to thank for that...

• airConditioner
  • AlteredBeast
  • Baysha
  • cashregister9
  • Champion of Hyrule
  • CheeseAnton
  • DGYT
  • Darkonedagger
  • DragonRobotKing26
  • FazDude
  • Glubbfubb
  • homdertalia
  • Infinity Sorcerer
  • Janx_uwu
  • Justoneguyhere1999
  • KawaiiAsa
  • KneeOfJustice99
  • Megadoomer
  • NanayaGaming
  • Otoad64
  • Qwerty UIOP
  • Speed Weed
  • Tankman from Newgrounds
  • Torgo the Bear
  • Wario Wario Wario
  • WeirdChillFever
  • Yiptap
  • ZeldaFan01
I'm not sure if I'll end up doing another creation thread - definitely not before 2023. In the meantime, though, I'm curious; What did you think about this thread? Any memories you'd like to share? Any critiques or tips you'd like to share to help me be a better threadrunner? I'm open to all discussion about how this thread went and how I can make future threads better.

I have frequently said this throughout the thread's lifespan, but I need to say it one more time (and even that wouldn't be enough): Thank you all so much for participating. This thread has been responsible for some of my best memories on SmashBoards, and it has been an honor to meet and work alongside all of you to create this celebration of indie gaming. I'm planning on writing a much larger retrospective when I have the time, but hopefully this'll suffice for now.

Until next time... good night.

FazDude

Smash Master
When(and it'll probably be a when) there is a sequel I think we should a couple of years
Make that an "if"; I'm not even sure if I'll still be on SmashBoards a few years from now (not implying I have any desire to leave; I just don't like predicting that far ahead into the future).

At the very least, my next creation thread won't be All-Star Strife 2.

FazDude

Smash Master
Alright, here's the tier list - I was originally gonna make it this really cool graphic image thing, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work, so I'm just gonna go text-only. Sorry.

Due to a low turnout, I had to fill in some of the blanks and add a random number of points to everyone's tallies.
  • SS: Gunvolt
  • S: Zagreus, Red
  • A: Penguin, Cuphead, Reimu, Kris, Steve, Madeline, Fireboy & Watergirl, Goose, Isaac
  • B: Lilac, Springtrap, Frisk, Cadence, Henry Stickmin, Neon White, Shantae, Peppino, The Knight, Hat Kid, Meat Boy, CommanderVideo
  • C: Dust, Shovel Knight, Peacock, Anton, Terrarian, Annalynn, Monika
  • D: Impostor, Quote, Crow, Jacket, Orcane, Miriam, Octane

Top Bottom