• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • All Bit.Trip cards will be accepted.
  • I'll come up with a Signature Item for CommanderVideo just to keep the thread going.
  • CommanderVideo will fight DJ Music Man!
----
Welp, here we are, folks. This will be our final character submission job for the entire thread. There won't be a "oh but actually there's two more slots" thing like I did with the base game. Whoever we vote in with this job will be All-Star Strife's final fighter.

With that said...
Job 211: Submit a fighter + stage for DLC Pack #12!
Please submit a fighter and a stage from their series to appear as the focus of our twelfth and final DLC pack. Unlike past jobs, there are NO restrictions on who you can submit; Resubmissions are welcome, as well as characters/stages you're submitting for the first time!

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

FazDude

Smash Master
Alright, my final character's gonna be a... strange one. They are technically indie-originated, so they are eligible for the thread, but I don't see anybody really addressing the indie part of their history. They'd be one of the older fighters on the roster too, so if anything, I think they deserve to be here as a guest of honor.

For the approval of the Midnight Soc - err, All-Star Strife creation thread, I present...

Character: Penguin (Club Penguin, 2005)
Stage: Iceberg (Club Penguin, 2005)

Let's address the elephant in the room; Yes, Club Penguin is owned by Disney, meaning that currently, the franchise is about as non-indie as you can get. Despite that, the original Club Penguin virtual world was an indie endeavor by New Horizon Interactive, making it eligible for submission. If Minecraft got onto the roster, I don't see why Club Penguin can't.

Now with that out of the way, why Club Penguin? There's four reasons I want the Penguin to be our final fighter.
  1. It was a very popular IP in its heyday. While you may not recognize it as an indie property, you've almost certainly heard of it. With 200 million players at its peak, a wide variety of merchandise, and a thriving online fanbase, it's no secret that these penguins and their world have waddled their way into the hearts of gamers across the globe.
  2. I think there's a lot of room for Club Penguin content! The game is known for its wide variety of characters and customization options, as well as its musical pieces. This gives us ample room for potential assists, music, cards, and more!
  3. I just love Club Penguin. Obviously.
Finally, the fourth reason is a bit more complex. Throughout this thread, we've celebrated some old indie staples (CommanderVideo and Quote), ushered in newer favorites (Frisk and Orcane), and even shed some spotlight on smaller titles (Anton and Annalynn). Overall, I'm happy with the blend of old and new on our roster.

What we haven't done, though, is bring an IP back from the dead. Club Penguin has been a dormant franchise for some time now, with Club Penguin Island shutting down in 2018 and taking any official way to access Club Penguin content with it. This has disheartened many fans of the franchise.

This is why I think having Penguin be the grand finale to All-Star Strife would be the best way the game could end; Bringing the beloved, long-running franchise out of its grave and truly recognizing its indie roots alongside some of the niche's greatest would be a true treat for Club Penguin fans all over, and would absolutely get people talking. I can think of no better way to end this thread.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I feel like with a job like this, we ought to ask ourselves an important question. A question we've managed to dance around and pass from place to place, for now, but feels... relevant, at a time like this.

What is an indie game?

The answer, in principle, is simple. A game not bound by the limitations of a larger company's shareholders. A game made for the love of the game itself. A game that can do something others might be too big to even try.

Let's look back.

Let's pass through the 2020s, a burgeoning and bright future for developers of all sizes, a horizon, a canvas upon which what comes next can be painted.
Let's pass through the 2010s, a time when indie games came into their own in the public eye, finally telling those new stories, sharing new experiences.
Let's pass through the 2000s, a time when the very concept of an "indie game" was formulating, the primordial soup laid before coalescing into something new.
Let's pass through the 1990s, a time when the gaming world itself was defined by war between great companies, much greater than single, mortal men.

Let's pass all the way back into the bedroom of a a man with a dream. A man, surrounded by friends and fortune, who is sat before a monitor - an MS-DOS machine, blinking expectantly, sat on a desk covered in sketches invoking childhood wonder, and letters from a hopeful fellow offering three dreamers the chance of a lifetime. A man by the name of John Carmack, who has spent hours polishing up his latest project - one that would strike a chord for decades to come, one that would set in motion something greater. A man accompanied by two others - Tom Hall and John Romero - the three of whom were on the brink of starting a journey that would take them to the stars.

I don't think you can get any more indie than that, do you?

Character Name: Commander Keen (Billy Blaze)
Character Origin: Commander Keen in Invasion of the Vorticons (1990)

One of the earlier projects by a small group who'd come to be known as id Software (yes, that id Software), Commander Keen - real name Billy Blaze - is a child genius who gets into a wide variety of misadventures by building a wide number of unusual machines and travelling the galaxy as Commander Keen! I'd imagine his moveset would be focused on a lot of these - whilst they should have a child-like feel to them, encapsulating that sense of wonder in the Commander Keen series, it'd be nice to see various items and pieces of equipment represented - be they Billy's raygun from Invasion of the Vorticons or his pogo stick from across the series! As for his stage:

Stage Name: The Light Side of Mars
Stage Origin: Commander Keen in Invasion of the Vorticons

A key place in Keen's journey, I think Mars would be a very fun place to have as his key stage! It'd be more based on a fusion of the logic at play in the original game and actual interpretations of Mars - there'll be plenty of Gargs and Yorps wandering around, and the Bean-With-Bacon Megarocket can also be seen in the background - usually having bits stolen from it by some of the Vorticons. Menaces...

So, uh... why would some relatively obscure early-90s PC series be good to see as the final character of an indie-game focused roster? Why not someone more important? My argument here is, well, importance. The indie scene as we know it today likely wouldn't have existed were it not for the PC shareware of the 80s and 90s, and whilst I came close to submitting an 80s rep (perhaps from Elite?), I feel Keen specifically has some importance. Ideas from the Deep, as they were known, would go on to shape video gaming on a fundamental level over the next few years. This era of gaming is interesting for so many reasons, and this eight-year-old is... part of the reason why.

In a sense, Commander Keen is the archetypical indie success story. Long before Among Us, UNDERTALE, Five Nights at Freddy's, Minecraft, even Cave Story, there was... this. A passion project made partially out of spite to a bigger company. And I think it's this that somewhat explains why this "obscure old PC series" keeps popping up in things to this day - perhaps most prominently the formation of the alphabet used in Minecraft's enchanting tables - because it means something.

Next time you boot up Steam or Itch in search of the next big hit, just... give the little guy some thought, okay?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Wow we are Really stretching the definition of Indie here and it continues to give me an existential crisis over what qualifies as an Indie game.

So here is the ****in' Farmer from Stardew Valley

The Farmer is the playable character in Stardew Valley and would attack with various tools and equipment

The stage would be

Pelican Town

The stage would be 3 platforms above a larger FD sized platform

the background would be the town map and multiple characters from SV would appear on the main platforms.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 188:Drifter (Hyper Light Drifter)

Drifter is the protagonist from a 2016 game called Hyper Light Drifter,he is a blue skinned humanoid who has been infected and he is finding a cure.

Stage:The Abyss

The Abyss is the final area from Hyper Light Drifter,the stage layout is a bridge with two platforms
i'll resubmit Drifter

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job #266

Omori (OMORI)
The deuteragonist of the game named after him. He's from an RPG game that came out nearly two years ago now and it had made quite name for itself throughout 2021 and 2022. It may not be popular as past indie games but many people held this game in high regards. Content from his game already made it to this thread. So I think its time for them to have a playable fighter as well. His attacks can come from the use of his knife and use three of his emotions: Sadness, Happiness, and Anger to his advantage as well. Making his opponents feel any of those emotions to help him or not in the battle. As well summoning Red Hands for possible long-ranged attacks.

While the nature of him and the game itself is depressing and has very sad themes. His adventures in the dream world of HEADSPACE is still pretty fun and All-Star Strife could be one of those fun adventures as a dream for Sunny (who could be an alternate costume if Omori gets in.)

Stage: White Space (OMORI)
Now I'm not really sure if OMORI is allowed to have another stage since HEADSPACE is already there. But if so, then I like to submit White Space, the very center of Sunny's mindscape itself. It can appear just as it is at first with being a empty space with multiple items and Omori's cat being there. But as the fight goes on. The appearance of the stage will slowly change to Black Space where the background goes completely black with multiple "strangers" all walking across the stage alongside multiple doors. Then the stage will finally change to a completely red background with red hands appearing all over the area which includes a throne made of red hands at the center of it before everything all resets back to White Space.

If Omori is not picked. Then Omori will be there sitting on the throne of red hands and watching the battle unfold before him alongside with SOMETHING floating behind him.
Resubmitting Omori.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to resubmit Juan from Guacamelee, with Pueblucho as a stage.

Juan Aguacate (Guacamelee)

The luchadore protagonist of the Guacamelee games, Juan is a wrestler from a Metroidvania-style series of beat-em-ups. In addition to a variety of wrestling moves that are inspired by animals and allow him to beat up enemies or traverse areas, Juan can also transform into a chicken to lay exploding eggs. (don't think about it too hard)

Aside from his own game (which already has a lot to work with), he's also appeared in crossovers like Brawlout or Runbow, so he's no stranger to platforming or fighting.

Stage: Pueblucho

Juan lives just outside of this city, which finds itself under attack by the forces of the undead over the course of the game. The stage could be a walk-off stage, taking place on one of the multi-floor buildings. Players could fight on the ground, mid-section, or roof, and there could be portals on the upper-left and right of the stage which (if touched by anyone) transport players to the land of the dead, where Skeletons hop around and attack players. (similar portals would also exist in the land of the dead, which would bring players back to the land of the living - the land of the dead would more or less be a darker palette swap, though some of the buildings would look more run-down)
As a Metroidvania character and a beat-em-up character, he has a lot of potential moves to work with, and as a wrestler, he fills the grappler archetype that we haven't really covered. Also, the Guacamelee games are a lot of fun.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
What the heck, I'll throw one out.
The Fool - Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Fool is a woman who enters a deep depression after going through a breakup, and is then transported to the dimension of Arcana by a mythical goddess, who transforms her into this form. She's got a big sword and a bow, as well as a lot of different vehicles - though I imagine that she would fight on the motorcycle she is often seen on in promotional footage. She might also have some kind of rhythm mechanic that takes inspiration from Sayonara Wild Hearts, something maybe like the timed button presses in Mario RPG's.
There's a ton of great music we could include, The Fool and her game of origin are visually stunning (making for a possibly fantastic stage), and again. Bow, sword, rhythm, motorcycle. The perfect formula for a fun and flashy moveset!
(I've actually never played this game I just think this would be a fun character to work on)

The Fool's stage would be Begin Again, the level that tells you everything you need to know about the game - fun, fast, flashy, fantastic tunes. It would be a really unique level to end the game on for a reason I'll go into in a second. There's a FD-shaped platform with wheels that rolls along the road that the fighters duke it out on top of, and if you hit the road, you get sent upwards. However, the main gimmick with hazards on, the camera angle changes to something cinematic every so often - like the lower, 2.5D one seen in the below screenshot. You might also see all of the fighters top-down or from behind. A mechanic like this would be chaotic as hell, but pretty fun!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
What the heck, I'll throw one out.
The Fool - Sayonara Wild Hearts

The Fool is a woman who enters a deep depression after going through a breakup, and is then transported to the dimension of Arcana by a mythical goddess, who transforms her into this form. She's got a big sword and a bow, as well as a lot of different vehicles - though I imagine that she would fight on the motorcycle she is often seen on in promotional footage. She might also have some kind of rhythm mechanic that takes inspiration from Sayonara Wild Hearts, something maybe like the timed button presses in Mario RPG's.
There's a ton of great music we could include, The Fool and her game of origin are visually stunning (making for a possibly fantastic stage), and again. Bow, sword, rhythm, motorcycle. The perfect formula for a fun and flashy moveset!
(I've actually never played this game I just think this would be a fun character to work on)
Do you have a stage in mind? I'll allow this submission as long as you throw in a stage before the end of voting.

Fighter submission:
Crazy Dave (Plants VS Zombies)
1665155807851.png
Crazy Dave is a character from Plants VS Zombies games, which was made by PopCap studio (It was an indie game studio until EA acquired it) and he is a crazy man (as his name says) who loves tacos and uses his plants to defend himself from brain-eating zombies.
Plants VS Zombies was a huge hit when it came out

For his moveset in Allstar-Strife game, his moveset would consist of him using his weapons, plants! That's right, he would use his plants to attack the opponents by planting them in front of himself or behind himself for while. His gimmick would be plant slots and suns, which are the part of his moveset.
Slots would appear in his neutral special alongside with Suns that fall out of opponent's body after getting hit. Then he could buy plants if he has enough suns.

His playstyle would be mix of zoner (because he would use peashooters as neutral special) and trapper (he would plant trapping plants like Chomper) playstyles, which it would make him an unique fighter in this game.

Stage submission:
The roof (Plants VS Zombies - 2009)
1665155999266.png
The stage would take place on the roof of Crazy Dave's house. The layout would be the same shape as the roof on this picture. The zombot from PvZ1 would serve as stage boss who could attack the players from each sides of the stage. If you defeat the robot, Dr. Zomboss goes away from stage.

FazDude

Smash Master
Thank you all for the great character submissions - Not just for this job, but for all character jobs. It's been a treat getting to see all the indie games everyone's submitted to the thread over the past seven months!

That said, only one of these can be our final fighter, so without any further ado...
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top four fighter/stage combos from this submission period. You aren't allowed to put your own submission in first or second place, but third and fourth are fine.
  • Penguin + Iceberg (Club Penguin) (FazDude)
  • Commander Keen + The Light Side of Mars (Commander Keen) (KneeOfJustice99)
  • Farmer + Pelican Town (Stardew Valley) (cashregister9)
  • Drifter + The Abyss (Hyper Light Drifter) (DragonRobotKing26)
  • Omori + White Space (OMORI) (Justoneguyhere1999)
  • Juan + Pueblucho (Guacamelee) (Megadoomer)
  • The Fool + Begin Again (Sayonara Wild Hearts) (Janx_uwu)
  • Crazy Dave + The Roof (Plants vs. Zombies) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
Voting closes tomorrow afternoon!

My votes:
  1. Crazy Dave
  2. Commander Keen
  3. Penguin
  4. Juan

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed, so let's take a look at those results one last time...
  • The Fool: 0 points ( 😔 )
  • Omori / Drifter: 2 points
  • Farmer: 4 points
  • Juan: 5 points
  • Commander Keen: 12 points
  • Crazy Dave: 22 points
  • Penguin: 23 points
Taking the lead by a mere flipper's length, All-Star Strife's final fighter is...
Penguin Waddles On!

Penguin's stage will be Iceberg. Congratulations to me!​

Once again, thank you all for your great submissions!

Job 312: Submit a moveset for Penguin!

Job 313: Vote on Penguin's bonus content!

To celebrate this being the last DLC pack, there won't be any themes that must be adhered to when submitting bonus content. Feel free to submit whatever you want for whatever bonus content we end up doing!

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon. Please note that the thread's pace might be slowed down a bit as I head into midterms - I'm going to stop short of putting the thread on a complete hiatus, but don't be surprised if there's a day without any new jobs.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Penguin Moveset
For Penguin's kit, I wanted to make it simple, yet robust, just like Club Penguin itself. As such, while Penguin has no truly unorthadox moves or gimmicks, they are still capable of covering many different options.
  • Neutral Special: Snowball
    • Penguin throws a snowball, which can be angled in one of three different directions based on controller input. These snowballs are low on damage and knockback, but have great range and deal considerable hitstun.
  • Forward Special: Cart Surfer
    • Penguin hops into a minecart and drives it forward. Unlike Annalynn and Steve's similar minecart moves, Penguin cannot hop out of their cart, but attempting to jump will both the Penguin and cart to leap upwards if it was grounded. However, sustaining too much damage in the minecart will cause it to tip over, launching Penguin forwards as they enter freefall.
  • Back Special: Hot Sauce
    • Penguin uses a bottle of hot sauce as a makeshift flamethrower, being a reference to Card-Jitsu. The hot sauce acts similarly to Bowser's fire breath in Smash; A great disjointed multhit move which slowly dies out over time.
  • Up Special: Jet Pack
    • Penguin equips a jet pack and begins to fly, acting similarly to King K. Rool's Propellerpack.
  • Down Special: Bean Counter
    • Penguin lifts a bag of coffee beans over their head, being able to slowly waddle left and right. Pressing the attack button will have the Penguin toss the bag in a small arc on whatever side they were facing. The bag is deceptively strong, being able to deal high damage and spike opponents. However, the attack does leave Penguin open for attack, and if the bag is held on to for too long, they will fall over, leaving them exceptionally punishable.
  • Guard: EPF Phone
    • Penguin pulls out an EPF Phone, using it to electrocute any opponent that dares to attack them. Overall, it's a basic counter move.

FazDude

Smash Master
(yes i know i'm posting four times in a row please don't smite me mods)

Submissions are closed!
  • My Penguin moveset wins by default!
  • Penguin will come with two new Companion Cards!
---
Job 314: Submit alternate costumes for Penguin!
Please submit either 8 or 16 alternate colors or costumes for Penguin. No costumes from other Disney franchises will be allowed, even those which have crossed over with Club Penguin.

Job 315: Submit six music tracks for Iceberg!
Music from across all of Club Penguin will be allowed, rather than just sticking to the pre-Disney era. Again, no music from other Disney franchises is allowed.

Job 316: Submit two new Companion Cards!
These cards do not have to adhere to any theme. You can submit a Club Penguin character, a character from an already-represented franchise, a character from a new franchise... The only requirement is that they must come from an indie game.

I'm hoping submissions will close tomorrow as per usual, but there may be a chance I'll need to push back the deadline to Wednesday. If that ends up being the case, I'll make a post here.

Job 316:
Beetlee (Car eats car)
1665344519566.png
Beetlee/Beetle is a main character from Car eats Car flash game series made by Smokoko games (the independent video game studio located in Ukraine) and he is a red Volkswagen beetle-esque car that is owned by little boy in CeC: Mad dreams. He was the protagonist of the first 3 games until in Evil cars, where he became a predator that wanted to eat other cars.

When summoned, he would drive around the stage, hitting fighters on it's way. When you damage him once, he would bring out his gun that would shoot at the opponents. The bullets could take medium damage.
He could be KOed by attacks.

I know his origin game is kinda niche, but I wanted to submit a bias pick for the game.
(I just wanted to submit a character from one of flash games that I've watched on youtube during my childhood).

(I could submit the second assist later if I could have time)

Last edited:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Job 316:

Stream Yung Robloxian music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free  on SoundCloud

Robloxian (Roblox)

When summoned on the battlefield. He would go around just swinging his sword around left and right like a noob. Using a blue jump spring to jump over his enemies where he can slice them down again. He can be KO'd out of the battle if damaged enough. Sometimes, may place bombs to do some explosions if the stage is big enough. Once he's done, he would disappear with a "Oof" sound effect.

Baldi | Baldi's Basics Wiki | Fandom

Baldi (Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning)

If summoned. Baldi would get angry from the start due to the fighters are focusing on beating each other up instead of studying. So he'll take out his ruler and begin slowly walking towards one of the fighters where he will harshly slap them with it. If the fighter has high enough damage, Baldi may actually KO them out of the battlefield. When he is finished, Baldi waves goodbye to the player happily before disappearing.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 314:Penguin Alt Colors

1-Blue (default)
2-Green
3-Red
4-Yellow
5-Orange
6-Pink
7-Dark Purple
8-Brown
9-Peach
10-Aqua
11-Dark Green
12-Light Blue
13-Lime Green
14-Black
15-Artic White
16-Secret Agent Suit

FazDude

Smash Master
Penguin Alts
For these, I decided to split Penguin up into eight colors with two alts each; One being the Penguin without any clothes and the second being Penguin with some kind of alternate outfit.
  1. Default (Light blue)
  2. Light Blue w/ Tour Guide hat and Messenger Bag
  3. Yellow
  4. Yellow w/ Chef Hat and Pizza Apron
  5. Orange
  6. Orange with Construction Helmet and Vest
  7. Pink
  8. Pink w/ Tiara and Purple Dress
  9. Purple
  10. Purple w/ Beta Hat and Beta Hat shirt
  11. Green
  12. Green w/ Propeller Hat and Green Letterman Jacket
  13. Red
  14. Red w/ EPF Agent outfit
  15. Black
  16. Black w/ Ninja Outfit and Amulet
Iceberg Music
Companion Card 1: Rockhopper (Club Penguin)

Sailor of the seven seas, friend to all penguins, and stinky cheese enthusiast, Captain Rockhopper has been around since 2006, making him one of Club Penguin's oldest mascots.

As a Companion Card, he would sail behind the stage on the Migrator, with his first mate Yarr at his side. The two would then fire large snowballs onto the stage which freeze and damage opponents upon contact. After firing a few rounds, the two sail off, but not before Rockhopper, being the generous pirate he is, leaves behind a gift for his summoner in the form of a random item.

Being a background assist, Rockhopper cannot be KO'd.

Companion Card 2: Squigly (Skullgirls)

C'mon, I gotta get my main in here somehow.

When summoned, Squigly will move around the arena, using Leviathan to strike opponents who get too close. Every so often, she uses her signature Center Stage move, singing a note and causing the camera to center on her, repositioning the blast lines in the process (similarly to the Squid Sisters in Smash). Eventually, she bows before taking her leave and bringing the camera back to its normal position.

Squigly can be KO'd.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Companion Card 1: Rhino (Fall Guys)
When summoned, it'll try to ram opponents off the stage
Companion Card 2: Peashooter(PvZ)
When summoned, it'll fire pea bullets at opponents

Last edited:
Second assist submission:
Katsuro (Fruit Ninja)
1665403406971.png

Katsuro is a character from the Fruit Ninja franchise, made by Halfbrick studios. He is often seen as the icon of the franchise as he has a lot of appearances in the games. Not just Fruit Ninja either, Katsuro's made appearances in other games as well like Fruit Ninja 2.
According to the series's lore, he was an orphan from Fruitasia's northern tropical region, Katsuro lived as a street urchin and pickpocket until Sensei adopted him as a Fruit Ninja student prior to the game's events.

When summoned, he would jump out of stage and start slashing with his sword across the screen, damaging fighters. He would also throw any type of fruit on the screen that would damage the opponents and heal the summoner. He could also occasionally throw out the bomb that could cause an explosion on the stage.

FazDude

Smash Master
We're finally back!
  • Vote for Penguin's alts here!
  • My music tracks win by default.
  • Vote for your top four Companion Cards here!
----
Job 317: Submit three super moves for Penguin!

Job 318: Submit one of our eight bosses for Penguin to fight!

---
I'll hopefully have a list of super moves soon, but for now, I am going to submit Risky Boots as Penguin's boss.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
We're finally back!
  • Vote for Penguin's alts here!
  • My music tracks win by default.
  • Vote for your top three Companion Cards here!
----
Job 317: Submit three super moves for Penguin!

Job 318: Submit one of our eight bosses for Penguin to fight!

---
I'll hopefully have a list of super moves soon, but for now, I am going to submit Risky Boots as Penguin's boss.
You accidently forgot my companion cards, FazDude

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Through a coin toss, it looks like we'll be using my Penguin alts!
  • The first of our final Companion Cards will be Peashooter, as submitted by Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP ! I'll be using the Peashooter's classic appearance in the thread's Google Doc, but please let me know if you'd prefer another!
  • However, there is also a four-way tie for our second slot! Please vote here!
  • Penguin's super move job will be repeated today.
  • Finally, please vote for Penguin's Arcade Mode boss here!
----
Job 317 (cont.): Submit three super moves for Penguin!

Job 318: Submit animations for Penguin!

Please submit an intro, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for Penguin!

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon - If all goes well, we should be starting our final jobs this Sunday!

FazDude

Smash Master
Penguin Supers
  1. Puffle Trouble - A herd of puffles runs forwards from behind Penguin, carrying opponents away.
  2. Popcorn Bomb - Herbert's Popcorn Bomb appears next to Penguin; They duck for cover as the bomb explodes, damaging/launching nearby opponents and leaving popcorn behind. This popcorn can be eaten by all fighters for a health boost.
  3. Sled Racing - Penguin rushes forwards in a sled, trapping all hit opponents in a cinematic. The cinematic depicts the a swarm of sledding Penguins performing a hit-and-run on the caught foes, similarly to Yoshi's Final Smash. The opponents are dealt major damage and knockback as the cinematic ends.
Penguin Animations
  • Stage Intro
    • Penguin steps out an igloo, which melts into the ground as they take their battle stance.
  • Taunts
    • Penguin waves at the camera.
    • A randomly-colored puffle appears next to Penguin and nuzzles up to them. D'aww....
    • Penguin does the infamous Club Penguin dance. This can be continued as long as the taunt button is held.
  • Victories
    • Penguin slides across a finish line in a sled, greeted by a crowd of cheering Penguins.
    • Penguin is seen celebrating with a few other Penguins.
    • Aunt Arctic hands Penguin an issue of the Club Penguin Times, which they display to the camera. Penguin is seen on the front page with the headline "VICTORY FOR CLUB PENGUIN!"
      • This animation would be somewhat changed for some alts:
        • If Penguin is using the Ninja alt, Sensei hands them a scroll displaying the elements of Card-Jitsu.
        • If Penguin is using the EPF alt, Gary hands them an EPF badge of honor.

Top Bottom