• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Roulxs Kaard will be Kris' Signatureth Item, as submitted by Megadoomer Megadoomer ! In addition, due to him being a character, he will also (rather appropiately) be added to the Undertale/Deltarune card lineup!
  • All Deltarune cards will be accepted, meaning that the series has now overthrown The Binding of Isaac as the franchise with the most cards!
  • Please vote for Kris' boss here!
----
Job 299: Submit a fighter + stage for DLC Pack #11!
Please submit a fighter and a stage from their series to appear as the focus of our eleventh DLC pack. There is only one restriction; You cannot resubmit any character you submitted in the last three rounds of voting. Here's a refresher of who cannot resubmit who.
  • FazDude: Dart Monkey (Bloons), Guy Spelunky
  • Tankman from Newgrounds: Normal Cat (Battle Cats), Tim (Braid), Castle Crashers
  • Megadoomer: Juan (Guacamelee), Ultra Fishbunjin 9000 (Ittle Dew), Yooka & Laylee
  • Justoneguyhere1999: Omori
  • KneeOfJustice99: Bödvar (Brawlhalla), Alex (YIIK)
  • Infinity Sorcerer: Omori
  • Baysha: Fall Guy, Brian (Dream Daddy)
  • Darkonedagger: Kena
Submissions close tomorrow evening!

FazDude

Smash Master
Gonna resubmit CommanderVideo and Bit.Trip Runner - I do have a fighter that I'm saving for the final fighter job, but I feel I'll have a hard time selling people on it, so I'm just gonna try and get CV in one last time.
Fighter: CommanderVideo (Bit.Trip Runner)
View attachment 358522
Admitedly, I don't know too much about this character or his series, but being one of the first indie game stars earns him a place on an indie-focused roster IMO.

Stage: Bit.Trip Runner
View attachment 358523

An autoscrolling level similar to Golden Plains. There are occasional obstacles which opponents must jump over.

Bendy (Bendy and Ink machine)
1664308383811.png
1664308577638.png
Bendy is main antagonist of the self-titled game and he is a cartoon character made by Joey Drews in the game's lore. In reality, he is a ink monster that wants to kill the player.
Bendy and Ink machine was very popular when it was released in mid-late 2010's and Bendy deserves a spot in this game.

He would have a lot of moveset potential related to his cartoons and games. Even tho, his inky body would make him perfect as villain Fighter!
In this game, he would appear as ink monster form but when he uses taunts, he turns into cartoon form.

Joey Drew studios
1664308623011.png
The main setting of the game. As a stage it would be scrolling one where you travel through random sections of the studio like the entrance, music department and the infamous ink machine. It would be flat stage like KoF arena.

The hazards are ink monsters who attack the fighters on this stage.

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
Piggy | Piggy Wiki | Fandom

Piggy (Piggy Roblox series)
Roblox is one of the most biggest online gaming platform ever. Even to this day right now. With millions of kids and teens-alike all had least play in it once and even make their own original games in it.

But perhaps one of the most popular original games in Roblox is none other then Piggy. Whose game came out in 2020 and has become popular on its own ever since due to its storytelling and horror gameplay. Even having its own merchandise you can see on stories like Target and such. Piggy could have a moveset that allows them to play as a cunning horror movie villain, carefully taking its time to ensure the defeat of their opponents such as placing down traps and sending little mouse. Then knocking them back hard with their bat.

The House (Piggy)
The house is the first setting of Piggy and where it all started. It's a normal-looking house but it's where Piggy can hunt their victims down. WIthin the stage, there are multiple keys and traps laying all over the ground. On the background, you can see multiple other Piggys like Little Brother, Mother, Angel, Daisy, etc either watching the battle unfold or chasing after Robloxians all over the house itself. If Piggy isn't fighting, then they will also appear in the background chasing after multiple Robloxians as well.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 299:Welltaro (Downwell)

Welltaro is the protagonist from a vertically scrolling shooter game called Downwell, he is a "curious man" with a pair of gunboots, welltaro was in the local park at night when he decides to explore the depths of the well nearby. Welltaro make some appearances as other crossover indie games as Indie Pogo and Fraymakers.

Stage:The Well

The well is the same from Legitimate Research,a replica from the original game but colored instead monochrome and the stage moves vertically downward instead horizontally forward,the stones can be breaks by attacks or the playable characters are launched,some platforms with spikes appears as stage hazards and enemies doesn't appears on the stage

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
Dabbing_noob.png

Robloxian

An iconic character that a lot of people recognize. After a series of convoluted legal loopholes and barely legal contracts, the All-Star Strife dev team has somehow gotten ownership of the entirety of Roblox so it isn't owned by a pretty exploitative company that also made some "metaverse" walmart island or something anymore. They can have alts based on the various outfits in Roblox and have a moveset based more on creating to contrast with Steve's survival moveset. What better choice for an indie fighting game than a character from where many indie devs got their start?

MAPArchPark.png

Survive the Disasters

This map takes place on an island with water on both sides. The rest of the layout is a randomly selected layout inspired by one of the maps in Survive the Disasters. The gimmick of this stage is that a random disaster will effect the stage occasionally. Which, like the original game, will actually give parts of the stage physics that react to the destruction happening around them. After a bit of this, the stage will reset to another layout and the cycle repeats again.

FazDude

Smash Master
View attachment 361455
Robloxian

An iconic character that a lot of people recognize. After a series of convoluted legal loopholes and barely legal contracts, the All-Star Strife dev team has somehow gotten ownership of the entirety of Roblox so it isn't owned by a pretty exploitative company that also made some "metaverse" walmart island or something anymore. They can have alts based on the various outfits in Roblox and have a moveset based more on creating to contrast with Steve's survival moveset. What better choice for an indie fighting game than a character from where many indie devs got their start?

View attachment 361456
Survive the Disasters

This map takes place on an island with water on both sides. The rest of the layout is a randomly selected layout inspired by one of the maps in Survive the Disasters. The gimmick of this stage is that a random disaster will effect the stage occasionally. Which, like the original game, will actually give parts of the stage physics that react to the destruction happening around them. After a bit of this, the stage will reset to another layout and the cycle repeats again.
I had said in the past that generic Roblox content wouldn't be eligble. However, upon further research, the Roblox Corporation was technically an indie studio when Roblox was created. While I'm still not 100% sure if Roblox is truly a game as opposed to a game engine, I'll allow this submission.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Team Snakemouth (Bug Fables)

A team of three adventurers (four if you count the pet-like Chompy) from the RPG Bug Fables. I could see Kabbu (the green beetle on the left) being the player character, with Vi (the bee) and Leif (the blue moth) assisting. Not sure if it would be best to have them appear out of nowhere or follow Kabbu around like how the Ice Climbers follow each other, or if it would be better to have one of the other two in the lead instead; I figure that's something that we can work out once we get to the moveset.

I figure that we can incorporate the team-up mechanics and traversal abilities into their moveset; on their own, they might not have all of the tools needed, but together, they're a powerful force to be reckoned with (for example, Kabbu might be a sturdy fighter but he's not much use in the air, so Vi can carry him around to make up for it)

Stage: Golden Settlement

A town where it seems to be perpetually autumn; I figure the fall foliage would make for an interesting background. Chefs, fortune tellers, and other shop-keepers have set up their stores nearby.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I think a good idea for a character coming toward the end of the game's DLC would need to be one that's interesting and a bit out-of-left-field, representing mechanics that we haven't really seen so far, but also representing a really iconic and beloved game or series overall. So..

Character Name: Valley Farmer (I'm not 100% sure what to name them so I'll go with "Farmer" lol)
Character Origin: Stardew Valley (2016)

Stardew Valley is a pretty interesting game to consider the representation of, because there is actually a lot to work with that'd still differentiate it from the movesets of characters like Terrarian and Steve. With it being focused on farming (being that their source material is a farming simulator after all), I think you could easily go any number of ways in terms of mechanics - for instance, activities such as fishing, cooking and crafting are also a big part of the game, and I think the concept of actually setting up and growing crops that can have different effects for a character centrally focused on both stage control and buffing/healing would be a really interesting one.

Also... it's pretty iconic. It was nominated all the way back in 2016 for quite a lot of awards, has built up a passionate fanbase, and even has the unusual accolade of being one of the Nintendo Switch's best-sellers of 2017 despite being released in October. It's hardly an obscure game, and I think it'd be really nice to end off on something with a unique vibe to it whilst also being fairly iconic in its own right.

Stage Name: Pelican Town
Stage Origin: Stardew Valley (2016)

Given there's several different kinds of farm you can have in-game, plus that character interactions are an integral part to the gameplay experience that may be difficult to represent in a fighting context, I felt that the central town of the game would be a great inclusion as a stage. It's a walk-off, set on the town square in front of Pierre's General Store, but you'll see quite a lot of characters either watching the fight taking place or just going about their everyday lives as normal. There's also a neat mechanic in that the stage has a lot of visual variance - firstly, it works on a day and night cycle which doesn't affect the stage's layout, but takes place over 3 minutes and has the sun come up and go down as you'd expect. (Plus, everyone reacts accordingly!) However, there's also a bonus in that depending on what season it is in the real world when you're playing here, the in-game season will change accordingly too! So, for instance, if you're in the Northern Hemisphere and you're playing in September, the stage will be in it's Autumn form (a bit like the Animal Crossing track in Mario Kart 8!)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jill Stingray (VA-11 Hall-A)

VA-11 Hall-A is a bartending simulator and you play as the bartender, Jill. Throughout the game she mixes drinks and changes lives. Using a variety of drinks and some support from her friends she can beat down the competition!

Stage

VA-11 Hall-A

This stage would be a representation of the bar screen from the game

The platform layout is just the bartending screen from the game and there are cameos from many characters in the game

FazDude

Smash Master
Real quick, Photoshop Flowey will be Kris' Arcade Mode boss!

With that out of the way...
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top four fighter/stage combos from this submission period. You aren't allowed to put your own submission in first or second place, but third and fourth are fine.
  • CommanderVideo + Bit.Trip Runner (FazDude)
  • Bean + Jump Club (Fall Guys) (Qwerty UIOP)
  • Bendy + Joey Drew Studios (Bendy and the Ink Machine) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Piggy + The House (Piggy) (Justoneguyhere1999)
  • Welltaro + The Well (Downwell) (DragonRobotKing26)
  • Robloxian + Survive the Disasters (Roblox) (Baysha)
  • Team Snakemouth + Golden Settlement (Bug Fables) (Megadoomer)
  • Valley Farmer + Pelican Town (Stardew Valley) (KneeOfJustice99)
  • Jill Stingray + VA-11 Hall-A (cashregister9)
Voting will close tomorrow afternoon!

My votes:
  1. Welltaro
  2. Bean
  3. CommanderVideo
  4. Robloxian

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Commander Video
2. Welltaro
3. Team Snakemouth
4. Jill

(if you haven't played it, I'd strongly recommend Bug Fables, at least if you like Paper Mario and/or want to see a new game in the style of the original or the Thousand Year Door)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed!
  • Piggy: 2 points
  • Jill Stingray: 5 points
  • Robloxian: 6 points
  • Valley Farmer: 9 points
  • Bendy / Welltaro: 12 points
  • Team Snakemouth: 14 points
  • Bean: 15 points
  • CommanderVideo: 25 points
What a nice birthday surprise...
CommanderVideo Runs Into The Fray!

CommanderVideo's stage will be Bit.Trip Runner. Congratulations to me!

Themes:
Endless Runners
Platformers
Rhythm Games
Pixel Art​

Job 300 (!!!): Submit a moveset for CommanderVideo!
Please submit Neutral/Forward/Back/Up/Down/Guard Specials for CommanderVideo.

Job 301: Vote on CommanderVideo's bonus content!

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
yeah,finally CommanderVideo, the iconic character of indie games is in All-Star Strife

Job 300:CommanderVideo Moveset

Neutral Special: Bullet Shot-CommanderVideo shots a blue laser ball on his visor,the laser ball can't flinch but it deals damage

Forward Special: Slide Kick-CommanderVideo does a sliding kick,this attack is similar to Bayonetta's Side Special

Backward Special: Flying Kick-CommanderVideo jumps and does a diagonal flying kick, he can use the attack in the air

Up Special: Spring Jump-CommanderVideo jumps on a spring,the spring can hits the opponent, this attack is similar to Sonic's Up Special

Down Special: CORE-Commander Video transforms into a red cross,the red cross fires a long-ranged laser in one of three directions

Guard- Paddle Shield-CommanderVideo creates a paddle on front of him,the paddle reflects projectiles

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 's CommanderVideo moveset wins by default.
  • CommanderVideo will be coming with an additional stage!
----
Job 302: Submit alternate colors for CommanderVideo!
Please submit 8 or 16 alternate colors/costumes for CommanderVideo.

Job 303: Submit six music tracks to play on Bit.Trip Runner!
These can hail from any of the Bit.Trip games.

Job 304: Submit an additional stage!
Please submit an additional stage to be released alongside CommanderVideo and Bit.Trip Runner. Please ensure your stage follows one of the following themes:
  • Endless Runners
  • Platformers
  • Rhythm Games
  • Pixel Art

FazDude

Smash Master
CommanderVideo colors
  1. Default (Black)
  2. Pitazo (Yellow)
  3. Reverse Merman (Orange)
  4. CaptainVideo (Cyan)
  5. CommandGirlVideo (Pink)
  6. Super Saver (Purple)
  7. Red
  8. Green
Additional Stage (i swear this is gonna be the last time i submit lava factory)

Pixel Art Stage: Lava Factory (Annalynn)

Holy cow, FazDude submitting Annalynn content? Who could have seen this coming?

In all seriousness, though, I think a stage based off this area in particular could be fun. I'd imagine it'd have a similar layout to what's pictured. This stage's main gimmick is provided by the Venom Brood, consisting of the snakes Randy, Handy, Candy, and Satan Mike. They would enter the stage through the doors seen in the image and deal damage upon contact. However, Blinding Rubies will appear on the top two platforms on occasion; Once picked up, a fighter gains the ability to kick the Venom Brood off-screen via touch, as well as increased attack power!

In short, it's pretty much Pac-Maze. And who doesn't love Pac-Maze?

Temple Run (Endless runners)
1664567526530.png
Temple Run is a endless runner mobile game made by Imangi Studios and it's about a runner who runs away from demonic monkeys who resided the temple.
This game became very popular that it spawned alternate versions of it like Temple Run Brave (It was a collab between Disney Pixar and Imangi Studios) and even clones (Subway Surfer is a notorious example).

As a stage in Allstars Strife, this game's POV won't be seen from back, but from side of the stage. It would be side-scrolling stage with walls, pits and demonic monkeys as stage hazards of the stage. The demonic monkeys can't be KOed and they can give you huge damage, so watch out for them while you fight your opponents on this stage.

FazDude

Smash Master
Gonna end submissions a little sooner than usual today.
  • My CommanderVideo alts win by default.
  • The Bit.Trip Runner music job will continue today. If there are no submissions by tomorrow afternoon, I'll make the music list myself.
  • Please vote for your top two additional stages (self-voting is only allowed for second place):
    • Lava Factory (Annalynn) (FazDude)
    • Jump Club (Fall Guys) (Qwerty UIOP)
    • Temple Run (Tankman from Newgrounds)
----
Job 303 (cont.): Submit six music tracks to play on Bit.Trip Runner!

Job 305: Submit three super moves for CommanderVideo!

My Stage Votes
  1. Temple Run
  2. Lava Factory

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Lava Factory
2. Temple Run

I'll look into the music of the Bit.Trip games and see what I can come up with for a list.

FazDude

Smash Master
Hopefully folks won't be too mad that I'm closing jobs a bit earlier than usual.
  • Lava Factory and Temple Run are tied for our next stage; Through the power of RNG, we'll be using Lava Factory!
  • Megadoomer Megadoomer 's music list wins by default.
  • The super move job will continue into Tuesday afternoon.
----
Job 305 (cont.): Submit three super moves for CommanderVideo!

Job 306: Submit animations for CommanderVideo!

Please submit a stage entrance, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for CommanderVideo. Also feel free to include a victory theme if you so wish.

Job 307: Submit six music tracks for Lava Factory!
At least two of your tracks must hail from Annalynn, but the other four can be anything from a game which follows a platformer/pixel art theme. (Similarly to Rude Buster, Mineshaft will be included in Lava Factory's music list alongside the winning track list.)

Submissions close Tuesday afternoon - I am going to be very busy tomorrow, including when I'd usually update the thread.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
It's a few days delayed, but submissions are now closed!
  • My Lava Factory music wins by default.
  • I will handle the supers/animations for CommanderVideo. This will probably take me until later tonight to do.
----
Job 308: Submit cards for CommanderVideo!
Please submit up to three characters from the Bit.Trip/Runner series to appear as cards! CommanderVideo will be a card by default.

Job 309: Submit a Signature Item for CommanderVideo!

Job 310: Submit a boss from the base game for CommanderVideo to fight!

For the moment, I will nominate DJ Music Man, since being a DJ chase sequence would fit both CV's endless runner and rhythm game themes.

These jobs will close tomorrow afternoon; Hopefully, we will begin nominations for our final fighter then!

Last edited:
Top Bottom