• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data COMPLETE: Peach Hitboxes and Frame Data (old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
VBM MODERATOR NOTE 8/15/2016
this thread is outdated and is no longer being maintained. please get your data from the new thread found here: http://smashboards.com/threads/peach-hitboxes-and-frame-data-thread-remastered.425917/

Original thread is below, pleases note that some things stated here are no longer considered accurate.
Thanks again to SDM, EWB and Stratocaster for their pioneering work on this.

-----------------------------

Credits to SuperDoodleMan for the frame data
Images Compiled by Emma Watson's Boyfriend and Edited by Me
All gifs are at 1/3 game speed, all aerials are while falling, and therefore the hitboxes stretch up
Shield stun and Advantage data corrected by flagitious (one of only characters SDM had this data for)

Slap 1

Total frames: 19
Hit frames: 2-3

Shield stun: 6
Shield hit lag: 3
Advantage: -10
Slap 2 advantage: -6

Window of the second slap: 3-25
Second slap starts: 10 (or later)
IASA: 16
-------------------------------------
Slap 2

Total frames: 20
Hit frames: 3-4
IASA: 17

Shield stun: 4
Shield hit lag: 2
Advantage: -11
F Tilt

Total: 41
Hit: 6-13
IASA: 37

Shield stun: 13
Shield hit lag: 6
Advantage: -23
D Tilt

Total: 27
Hit: 12-13
IASA: 26

Advantage: -8
U Tilt

Total: 39
Hit: 9-13
Head Invincible: 9-12
IASA: 37

Advantage: -16_-20
Dash attack

Total: 37
Hit: 6-20
IASA: 36

--First part--
Advantage: -22

--weak part--
Shield stun: 9
Shield hit lag: 4
Advantage: -17
F smash

Total: 47
Hit: 15-18
Charge frame: 8
IASA: 40

Shield stun: 16
Shield hit lag: 7
Advantage: -14_-11
U smash

Total: 44
Hit: 13-22
Charge frame: 10
Head and arms invulnerable: 13-22

--regular--
Shield stun: 16
Advantage: -23

--sour spot--
Shield stun: 9
Shield hit lag: 4
Advantage: -26
D smash

Hit: 5-6, 9-10, 13-14, 17-18, 21-22
Charge frame: 3
Legs invincible: 3-24

Shield stun: 14
Advantage (last hit): -10
N-Air

Total: 49
Hit: 3-23
IASA: 42
Auto cancel: <2 36>
Landlag: 17
Lcanceled: 8

--strong hit--
Advantage: 0
Advantage float cancelled: +4

--weak hit--
Shield stun: 11
Shield hit lag: 5
U-Air

Total: 35
Hit: 7-11
IASA: 34
Auto cancel: <6 22>
Landlag: 15
Lcanceled: 7

Advantage: +1
B-Air

Total: 44
Hit: 6-22
IASA: 38
Auto cancel: <4 23>

--Strong butt--
Advantage: +1

--weak butt--
Shield stun: 11
Shield hit lag: 5
D-Air

Hit: 12-13, 18-19, 24-25, 30-31
IASA: 36
Auto cancel: <11 36>

Shield stun: 6
Shield hit lag: 3
Advantage: -4
Advantage float cancelled: -1
F-Air

Total: 54
Hit: 16-20
IASA: 51
Auto cancel: <15 39>
Landlag: 25
Lcanceled: 12

Shield stun: 15
Advantage: -4
Grab

Total: 30
Grab: 7-8
Running grab

Total: 40
Grab: 7-8

Veggie throw ground

Total: 23
release: 10 (forward, back)
Release: 11 (up)
Release: 9 (down)
Veggie throw Air

Total: 23
Release: 10 (down)
Release: 11 (up)
Release: 10 (forward)
Release: 9 (backward)
Vegetable Pull

Total: 29
Vegetable lasts: 141 frames in air
Peach Bomber

Windup on ground: 21
Windup in air: 31
Lunging portion: 25 (1-10 do damage)
land lag: 33
Air lag: 28
Hit recovery: 28 (including 1st frame
of hit)

--WALLBOMBING--
Peach can use this attack against a
wall repeatedly to gain height. The
sooner you use it, the more height
you will gain.

Without influencing your fall (which
you can only do once the Bomber is
done) you can wallbomb from 29-35 of
the hit (1 being the first frame of
hit, and the explosion sound).

If you do influence your fall, you
must return the stick to neutral so
you can smash it to the side again.

1 frame of neutral: 29--->
2 frames of neutral: 29-->
3 frames of neutral: 29-38
4 frames of neutral: 29-37
5 frames of neutral: 29-36

I.E. if you want to wallbomb on frame
38, you must let the stick be neutral
for 3 or less frames just before the
bombing.

Toad

Total: 64
Toad: 10-30

When hit, invincible for 8 frames
1st spore released on 8th frame
Last spore is gone after frame 34-40
you can move on the 78th frame
Parasol

Part 1: 40
totally invincible frame 3
Hit: 6-9, 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-17,
18-19, 20-21, 22-23, 24-25, 26-27,
28-29

Soonest FF: 56

Becoming floaty takes 15 (fall speed
decreases instantly)
Parasol Hit: 10>

Being floaty lasts 944 frames max
Fastfalling is instantaneous
Becoming floaty again: see previous

Landlag: 30
Landfallspeciallag: 4
Ground dodge

invulnerable 2-18 out of 27
Air Dodge

invulnerable 4-19 out of 49
Roll

invulnerable 4-19 out of 31
http://smashboards.com/threads/peach-hitboxes-and-frame-data-thread-remastered.425917/

Last edited by a moderator:

Shino

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that's some really helpful information. Thank you for this post, this is definitely going to improve my Peach :D

MacD

Banned via Administration
only thing you are missing is her sweat spot usmash shield stun, etc data

but having everything is cool, thanks

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
only thing SuperDoodleMan was missing is her sweat spot usmash shield stun, etc data

but having everything is cool, thanks
Corrected because the post is a copypasta of SuperDoodleMan's info with the hitboxes that EWBF and I created. The gifs are the point of this thread. His #'s just complement the pictures really well. Also note that Samus and Peach are the only ones (afaik) that SDM has sheid stun data for.

Also I don't understand why the sweet spot usmash is missing. I thought that was listed "regular" and then there was also "sour" listed. Are there 3 different kinds of usmash hits with Peach?

MacD

lol sorry, i just wanted to let you know and apparently didn't read the top part correctly

but yea, on the old hitbox site or somewhere peach has her sweat spot shown with a different color, if you notice there are 4 circles for her upsmash, the 2 side ones are the sour, the big one on top which is normal, and the small one by her shoulder which is the sweat spot (and it is stronger than foxes upsmash)

i just remember the old site/download where you could get the frame data/pics for a lot of characters and you could slow it down yourself, pause, look frame by frame, if there is an easy way to copy/transfer things from that download it'd be a cool addition to just the gif's (not sure exactly what you guys are planning to do with this, just fyi i guess haha)

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
I didn't know that the one on her shoulder was different. That must be hard to hit with.

What your talking about is Seanson's hitbox system, and I know it well and have already tried to transfer new images into it. It doesn't work though. You can't add anything not already in the program without changing the program. If someone steps up and programs something new I'd be so happy for them to do it!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You guys realize that every time we intercept a spacies recovery with dtilt we're doing it in 1/30th of a second?

MacD

You guys realize that every time we intercept a spacies recovery with dtilt we're doing it in 1/30th of a second?
well yes and no, sure the hit box is only 2 frames, but you have a time range of when the spacie get's in range of dtilt until he gets in range of your hurtbox, with good spacing you have a lot longer than 2 frames

i try jabbing them out of side b, which i think is a lot harder, because of the speed of them, the clink possibility, etc

Veril

Frame Savant
Booty-Pop
Mmmm :love:

As delicious as the booty pop data is, I'm kinda disappointed that more detailed data on up-air and f-tilt wasn't available. ex. The advantage data is only available for one of up-air's hitbubbles :( and there are at least 3 distinct hitbubbles, seeing as the move can hit for 14, 12 or 11 damage (when fresh). The 11% hit is at a 40ish angle fyi. I was hoping to find an explanation of how the 11 or 12% hitboxes are differentiated, as they seem to overlap and the 11% one only really hits if Peach is falling or the opponent jumps during the startup of the up-air. I want to understand how/if its possible to consistently land the horizontal hitbubble. Halp?

Data for the different hitbubbles on these moves would be a nice thing to add to this thread. Is it being maintained/updated?

Cave Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick question. I know that grounded IASA moves can be interrupted with a jump, dash, or another move, but what can an aerial IASA be interrupted with? Can you interrupt with both an airdodge and another aerial?

X1-12

Smash Champion
I believe the general case is that any you can IASA into anything that you could do if you were doing nothing. The only exception I know to this rule is you can't shield without first doing a walk during Marth's D-tilt.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You can't IASA into an airdodge. You can IASA into special moves, another aerial, or a jump.

You can't IASA into shield on few moves. Marth's D-Tilt is just the most well known one. I remember there was another one I thought of recently but I forget atm.

X1-12

Smash Champion
every character has 10 frames lag upon landing their air dodge, so thats the lag for a wavedash. The total time is 10 plus how long the jump takes, in peach's case she is airborne on frame 6 so total time for perfect timed wavedash is 16 frames I believe. Its possible there's an extra frame in the air before you land but I don't think so

SuperNova!

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so I was playing as Peach the other day and I accidentally used f-tilt when my opponent was about a quarter of FD's length away from me and it hit them! Curious, I tried it again and it worked! Looking at the f-tilt hitbox gif above, it doesn't seem to explain that odd occurence. Has anyone else encountered this while playing as Peach and can anyone explain it?

Last edited:

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Hey all, I have a theory about the Melee hitbox mechanic. Take a look at Peach's F smash hitboxes. You will clearly see three separate hitboxes. I think that if a character is simultaneously hit with all three, for example if peach is standing close to the opponent, that the weaker hitbox takes priority over the stronger ones, aka the sweetspots. More tests could be done on that for whoever has some extra time and the right emulators.

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
Hey all, I have a theory about the Melee hitbox mechanic. Take a look at Peach's F smash hitboxes. You will clearly see three separate hitboxes. I think that if a character is simultaneously hit with all three, for example if peach is standing close to the opponent, that the weaker hitbox takes priority over the stronger ones, aka the sweetspots. More tests could be done on that for whoever has some extra time and the right emulators.
Are you saying that this only applies to Peach's f-smash, or just moves that have hitboxes that are out simultaneously? Also that could make sense. In fact people probably already know about this although I don't.

Kadano

Magical Express
It works differently. Hitbubble collisions are checked in the order the hitbubbles are programmed into the character file (Pl**.dat). As soon as one of them is detected to collide, the owner of the colliding hurtbubble is marked as hit and can’t be hit by currently active hitbubbles.
Thus, hitbubble priority depends on the order the hitbubbles are coded. You can find out the hitbubble order of an attack by either using the tool Master Hand to open Pl**.dat (in this case, PlPc.dat) and skipping to the attributes of the desired attack (in this case, AttackS4 ), or by downloading Toomai‘s “SSBM Hitboxes (NTSC 1.0).xlsx” or by looking at the ssbwiki move subpage. Peach’s fsmash is not there yet, but her dsmash is: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Peach_(SSBM)/Down_smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom