• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data COMPLETE: Fox Hitboxes and Frame Data

Mr Cats

Smash Rookie
A few pretty specific questions:

To what does "landfallspeciallag" refer under Fox Illusion and Firefox?

Does anyone have the frame data on the boost grab?

Does anyone have the frame data on get-up attack (before and beyond 100%)?

Does anyone have the frame data and ledge movements (regular get-up, get-up attack, jump) at all percents?

I'd test this stuff myself, but I don't have access to Melee for a while-- hence the studying to make up for lack of practice.

Thor

Smash Champion
Does someone have frame data for Fox' shine on shield? I know Falco's is 5 frames of shieldstun and 2 frames of shine lag, but I don't know if the numbers differ for Fox.

At the risk of annoying him to death, @ Kadano Kadano

P.S: @ Mr Cats Mr Cats , landfallspeciallag means if you're free-falling for a while, that's the lag you have, vs if you land some time during the animation as it's completed [that's my understanding of it]. To see what this means, do a SH Fox illusion onstage, and you'll see that you have landing lag. However, if you fullhop double jump fox illusion while landing onstage, you'll have almost zero landing lag (it's 3 frames) because you entered the landfallspeciallag state. I may be inaccurate (if Kadano comes I'm sure he'll correct me) but this is what I've seen and heard elsewhere.

I do not have the frame data for the other stuff... sorry.

Kadano

Magical Express
@ Thor Thor See my main thread, linked in my sig ⇒ index ⇒ hitbubble section ⇒ Toomai’s hitboxes […].xlsx
That Excel file has all the hitbubble data and Strong Bad’s calculator for shield stun, knockback etc.

Last edited:

Desrochers

Smash Rookie
The images are saying that the photobucket user bandwidth needs to be upgraded. Can this get fixed?
I'm so sad I can't even quote mynameisdog4 on the second page of the thread because i dont have 10 posts = not allowed to link anything.

There is an imgur reupload of the gifs on the second page of this thread. Post #66

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
So basically we look at "hit" for each of Fox's moves, and those numbers represent the first and last number the hit actually comes out? Also, does anyone know what OOS frame data looks like? I think I saw someone post that upsmash OOS is 1frame slower than grab OOS, but they both show a "hit" value of 7. Can someone clear this up? Thanks

tauKhan

Smash Lord
To upsmash OoS you must spend at least 1 frame in jumpsquat, that's why it's slower.

g_f

Smash Cadet
that hitbox looks tremendously smaller than the one in first post.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
that hitbox looks tremendously smaller than the one in first post.
Click it. It's just a thumbnail.
If you mean like the actual hitbox, that's because it's not stretching due to falling. It's the actual hitbox, as opposed to what is shown in the OP where the top of the red would not actual hit a hurtbox, and is only added for visual effect.

Last edited:

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. Would short hop nair come out on frame 7 or 8?

short hop is airborne on frame 4, nair comes out frame 4,
if you're airborne on frame 4, you can start the nair on frame 4, so 4 frames for the nair would be 4-5-6-7 so frame 7 is when the nair hit comes out? or when you start the nair on frame 4, you start counting from 5-6-7-8 so the 4th frame would be frame 8?

tauKhan

Smash Lord
7 is correct. There's 3 grounded "jumpsquat" frames, and at the start of frame 4 you're in the air and actionable, so you can start nair on that frame.

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
7 is correct. There's 3 grounded "jumpsquat" frames, and at the start of frame 4 you're in the air and actionable, so you can start nair on that frame.
Thanks for the response. Wouldn't it logically follow that JC grab/JC upsmash come out on frame 7 too then? On frame 1 you jump squat which means upsmash/grab is actionable, so start counting on frame 1, and the 7th frame would be the JC'ed upsmash/grab hitbox? I remember it being mentioned that JC grab/JC upsmash don't come out until frame 8

tauKhan

Smash Lord
How guarenteed is drill -> utilt anyone know?
Frame leniency if the opponent holds shield:

2 frame window on falcon and anything heavier
3 frames on mario bros
4 frames on spacies
5 frames on puff

Turning takes at least 1 frame, so the window is smaller if you're facing your opponent after the drill. Also I think it's hard to react to your opponent [A]SDI'ng through you.
Sorry for the late response, I did the math recently.

Thanks for the response. Wouldn't it logically follow that JC grab/JC upsmash come out on frame 7 too then? On frame 1 you jump squat which means upsmash/grab is actionable, so start counting on frame 1, and the 7th frame would be the JC'ed upsmash/grab hitbox? I remember it being mentioned that JC grab/JC upsmash don't come out until frame 8
No, you can (probably, at least in all situations I can think of) only perform a single action on any given frame. So you cannot actually grab/usmash on the first frame of jumpsquat, because that's also the frame on which you output the jump. So in this case, say you dash, and hit c-stick up + x on the same frame. Since you're dashing, c-stick up does nothing, while x causes you to jump. So you just jump.

If you output multiple different actions on the same frame, a single one of the possible actions is chosen according to input priority.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Does anyone have a GIF of the firefox hitbox without the flames? Can't see **** lol
There's only one hitbox out at any time, all the pre-launch ones are of the same size and positioned identically and there's exactly one staying hitbox after launch. The hitboxes are all spheres. With this information you should be able to extrapolate the spaces the hitboxes occupy from the parts that are still visible within the flames.

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody add damage with/without staling? I think that would be useful to know. (Startup/endlag would be nice too so people wouldn't have to subtract, I almost thought nair was slower than up air for a second there)

Last edited:
Top Bottom