• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Character Matchup Synopsis: UPDATED WITH FRAME COMPARISONS

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
R.O.B. MATCHUP SYNOPSES

Table Of Contents:
(0.1)- Introduction
(1.0)- Color-Coded Matchup Chart
(1.1); Color Code Explanation
(2.0)- Metaknight
(2.1); Overall Strategy
(2.2); Defragmentation Data
(2.3); Stages
(2.4); Zoning Discussion
(2.5); Specific Moves Guide
(2.6); Frame Data
(2.7); Conclusion
(3.0)- Mr. Game & Watch
(3.1); Overall Strategy
(3.2); Defragmentation Data
(3.3); Stages
(3.4); Zoning Discussion
(3.5); Specific Moves Guide
(3.6); Frame Data
(3.7); Conclusion
(4.0)- King DeDeDe
(4.1); Overall Strategy
(4.2); Defragmentation Data
(4.3); Stages
(4.4); Zoning Discussion
(4.5); Specific Moves Guide
(4.6); Frame Data
(4.7); Conclusion

(5.0)- Diddy Kong
(5.1); Overall Strategy
(5.2); Defragmentation Data
(5.3); Stages
(5.4); Zoning Discussion
(5.5); Specific Moves Guide
(5.6); Frame Data
(5.7); Conclusion

(6.0)- Kirby
(6.1); Overall Strategy
(6.2); Defragmentation Data
(6.3); Stages
(6.4); Zoning Discussion
(6.5); Specific Moves Guide
(6.6); Frame Data
(6.7); Conclusion
(7.0)- Donkey Kong
(7.1); Overall Strategy
(7.2); Defragmentation Data
(7.3); Stages
(7.4); Zoning Discussion
(7.5); Specific Moves Guide
(7.6); Frame Data
(7.7); Conclusion

(8.0)- Falco
(8.1); Overall Strategy
(8.2); Defragmentation Data
(8.3); Stages
(8.4); Zoning Discussion
(8.5); Specific Moves Guide
(8.6); Frame Data
(8.7); Conclusion

(9.0)- Marth
(9.1); Overall Strategy
(9.2); Defragmentation Data
(9.3); Stages
(9.4); Zoning Discussion
(9.5); Specific Moves Guide
(9.6); Frame Data
(9.7); Conclusion

(10.0)- Lucario
(10.1); Overall Strategy
(10.2); Defragmentation Data
(10.3; Stages
(10.4); Zoning Discussion
(10.5); Specific Moves Guide
(10.6); Frame Data
(10.7); Conclusion

(10.0)-Snake
(10.1); Overall Strategy
(10.2); Defragmentation Data
(10.3; Stages
(10.4); Zoning Discussion
(10.5); Specific Moves Guide
(10.6); Frame Data
(10.7); Conclusion
(0.5) Introduction:

The "Complete Character Matchup Synoposes" is the compilation of a wide array of data pertaining to matchups between R.O.B. and the rest of the roster. The compiled information was obtained through perusing matchup discussions (on both the ROB & his opposing character boards if applicable), stage discussions (on both the ROB & his opposing characters boards if applicable) and selecting the pieces of information that were agreed upon/mutually understood between not only parties of the same character, but both characters.

Often times, individuals will not divulge "all" the information they have available on their boards in an attempt to keep things "secret". Rest assured, that I have scoured to the best of my ability to find every piece of available information.

Additionally, I have also added a few person insights which can be differentiated by noting my uses of the phrases "imo", "personally", "in my experience", etc.

If anything is grossly innacurate, please let me know and I will attempt to fix it if sound reasoning is provided. These matchups are always evolving, and I hope that with regular contributions by the community, I can keep these up to date and accurate as best as possible.

Finally, you can navigate quickly through this by utilizing the table of contents, and the "Search" function on your computer (Control+F for PC, Apple+F {I think} for Mac)

(1.0) Color-Coded Matchup Chart:

(1.1) Color-Code Explanation;

People internalize data differently. Some internalize concrete, rational, numerical data; while others prefer more abstract notions. In an attempt to please both parties, I have completely revamped the color coding system, as well as made a brand spankin' new chart. In each box below the portrait of the character (R.O.B.'s opponent), the matchup ratio will be placed. Additionally, the box will be colored in such a way that it corresponds with the "scale" at the bottom of the chart.

It is important to note, that each of the titles "Disadvantage", "Neutral", and "Advantage" are written with letters of varying colors. This is to signify the varying degrees with which ROB is at an advantage or disadvantage. Additionally, matchups that are considered "Neutral" can still "lean" one way or the other; either towards a "60/40" or "40/60", without going so far as to officially call it one way or another. That is to say, matchups can differ in their "difficulty" within any given ratio.

*Note: The ZSS matchup has three colors- depending on profficiency level with the infinite.

(2.0) Metaknight

credit to *pnutink @ deviantart for the image

This is by far ROB’s worst matchup (at least- worst matchup without broken infinites!). May God, Allah, any number of the Indian Gods/Goddesses, Zeus and the entire Greek crew, Odin, and Lady Luck be on your side in this matchup. You will need it. With that being said:

(2,1) Overall Strategy:
First and foremost, play intelligently. This is one matchup where you HAVE to play a near perfect game. Don’t try to go “move for move” in a super offensive manner against MK, as most of his moves come out faster than yours, AND have a higher priority.

As I said, do not engage MK in the air, unless you are extremely confident that you are in a favorable percentage. Resist the urge to “combo” him in an attempt to get ahead, especially at lower percents- as the brief hit-stun will probably have worn off, and you will be eating a Shuttleloop, N-air, or F-air; depending on the situation & position of the characters in relation to one another. In other words, know when to take your foot off the gas.

One of the majorly overlooked “small battles” in this matchup, is the grab/anti-grab game. MK’s dashgrabs are fast, and effective. There will inevitably a battle of wits in terms of grabbing. If you spot-dodge enough grabs, then the MK player can/will space themselves accordingly, run through your spotdodge, and pivot grab you. If you attempt to f-air a re-grab, they can also run past and pivot grab, or wait till the brief cooldown of your F-air and grab again or move into an aerial assault. This face of the matchup is a chess-match. While on its surface it doesn’t seem that important, a grab by MK puts you in the air and on the defensive, a place you DO NOT want to be against MK.

On the ground, for the most part, you out-range him/go even with him. F-tilt is long, but super slow (in comparison), and so use it wisely, as you can/will be punished for it if it is poorly spaced/timed; most notably by the MK player “Running up--> Shield (will spotdodge/roll back to bait a grab if you’ve been doing that)--> baiting your f-tilt--> punish before you have a chance to do it again".

D-tilt, F-tilt, and jab are your best bets while on the ground in terms of standard “physical” moves; both as an “anti-approach”, and as a saving grace for stopping ground attacks that (will inevitably) get you airborne and lead to aerial combat.

Tornado is quite possibly the most annoying thing to deal with. It isn’t a particularly effective damage dealer with proper DI (left/right on c- and control sticks, which CAN lead to a free aerial), but it is a great way to pressure your shield, interrupt combos, and more importantly get you in the air and on the defensive. To deal with it, shield the tornado and tilt the shield accordingly. Many MKs use the “lagless tornado” in that they do not “complete” the tornado and end in a free-fall animation. If the MK is close by, you can attempt a counter-attack via tilts/jabs/dash attack (IF he is close enough). If he lands farther away, you should be able to get in a free gyro or laser. During the actual tornado, you CAN knock him out of it. A laser, a gyro at the base (the more charged, the better to compensate for lack of aim), a well spaced N-air (I think, ive managed to do it, it might just be at start-up) or f-smash. Anything directly above the tornado will knock him out of it (N-air, B-air, D-air), but ROB’s D-air comes out just TOO slow to be of any use.

Be wary of getting gimped. Getting hit with the backside of shuttle-loop upon start-up can gimp you reliably at roughly 60%. ROB’s vulnerability during recovery (being unable to airdodge unless you cancel it with an aerial) can/will be taken advantage of through repeated D-airs that can lead to an early gimp. Your best bet is to recover high, bait an action from MK, and take advantage of it for a “back off” aerial, or a window to get to the ground safely. Alternatively, (and what I personally find a bit more success in) is free-falling dangerously low, basically playing “chicken” with the MK. Despite his numerous jumps and Shuttleloop/Tornado/Drillrush recovery options; ROB is far more adept at pure recovery from the low blast-zones. If you have saved your jump, drop down low and jump--> U-air, and up+b out of it. By the time the MK recovers, and attempts to mount another edge-guarding attempt, you should have passed the window where you can’t use another aerial in your up+B, which will provide you with another U-air to help your recovery.

N-air and B-air (I think) can beat out the shuttle-loop, but only during a very small window. B-air can beat out the glide attack if spaced properly, as can F-smash (but that’s really risky, imo). At any time during the glide/shuttleloop glide you get an opportunity for a U-air (or U-smash if you feel ballsy) take it. Take any U-air opportunities that you can get if you can catch him between D-airs, or in a disadvantageous position.

N- and B-air should probably be your best kill moves, as well as a situational/surprise U-smash. Save them if possible. In a really tight situation a fresh B- throw CAN kill, and a B- or F-throw to laser can work as well. If things are REALLY rough, a U-throw can kill around 150-160%. MK’s kill moves will be a fresh D-smash (usually on respawn if your at a high enough percent), an F-smash as you are getting on the ledge, shuttleloop gimps & (sometimes) outright KOs, a U-throw on stages with a high platform, and the U-air chain to tornado for the ceiling KO.

(2.2) Defragmentation Data:
Sudai breaks the percent ranges down into groups of 0-35% (group A or “A” for our purposes), 35-70% (“B”), 70-110% (“C”), 110-135% (“D”) 135-150% (“E”). The chart is largely unfilled due to (I believe) the extreme disadvantageous matchup, inasmuch as there isn’t much you can RELIABLY do. However, in an attempt to provide SOME data:

A: Camp/Poke/Short Combos
B: Camp/Poke
C: Camp/Poke
D: Camp/Poke/Kill
E: Kill

(2.3) Stages:
FD & SV are your best bet in terms of neutrals. If you know the MK’s playstyle (reliance/prevalence on Shuttleloops, tornado amount, effective use of U- and D-air) you may be able to get away with BF. In terms of counterpicking, focus mostly on whatever stage you feel you do best at and/or your opponent doesn’t do as well at.

Unfortunately, the ROB mains staple CP, Frigate, is of little to no use. The non-grabable edge sets up lots of gimp opportunities for MK if you recover low, while not affecting him as much as it does other chars since he can recover onto/across the stage. Low-ish ceiling + short-ish walls= :(.

Count RC & Japes out as well; MK does exceptionally good at RC while you are hurting yourself more than helping at Japes as MKs multiple jumps and speed can navigate him through lasers and gyros, while the higher ceiling makes him harder to kill and the shorter walls make you easier to kill (although you can retreat to the safety of water).

Neutrals: SV, FD, possibly BF
Counterpicks: Wherever you excel, wherever they do not.
Ban/Avoid: Delphino Plaza, Rainbow Cruise, or ?Halberd?

(2.4) Specific Moves Guide:
Essentially, I want to list the most commonly used moves for damage-racking & KOs here, and how to properly DI out of them. I will admit, I am HORRIBLE at escaping multi-hit moves (though quite good at DI’ing AFTER the moves in order to stay alive), and so this is certainly not my strong-point, so any help here will be appreciated, and added accordingly. Ideally, it would be listed in the following:

Move:
(If used on the rise, DI this way)
(If used falling, DI that way)
(If the attacker is drifting forward {toward you}, DI that way)
(If the attacker is drifting backwards {away from you}, DI this way)

Tornado
F-air
B-air
Shuttleloop
Drill Rush
U-air Chain

(2.5) Zoning Guide:
Once the zoning discussion gets started, information and screenshots will be placed here.

(2.6) Frame Data:

Thanks to GWJumpman for assembling the frame information for ROB. I have perused each of the character boards to obtain frame data for comparison against ROB's moveset. I am not entirely, 100% sure these are super accurate, but they are a lot better than what I had before I suspended this section. As a note, the (x) in the ROB column is the # of frames if the attack whiffs/misses.

I have tried my best to standardize the lists, as some boards don't list some things, and DO list others. Additionall, any group of cells that are "blacked out" means that I couldn't readily find frame information for those specific moves.

(2.7) Conclusions:
It is by far, ROBs worst matchup. ROB has very little in the way of dealing with MK. However, it isn’t necessarily unwinnable. Patience, Knowledge, and Calculation are the best weapons in your arsenal.

(3.0) Game And Watch

This is yet another one of ROBs worst matchups. While it was originally thought to be almost unwinnable, it has since evened out to a “not-so-hopeless” situation, though still decidedly in Game and Watch’s favor.

(3.1) Overall Strategy:
GaW’s number one approach is the turtle. It lasts a LONG time, great range, eats a shield like nobodies business, and can pop you up for another turtle, an f-air, or an n-air out of a second jump. However, it is not without its flaws. A poorly spaced turtle can be shielded (make sure to tilt the shield accordingly) which leads into a shieldgrab. Also, if you DI up and through (generally) through the turtle, you can land a free f- or b-air (depending on whether or not you get turned around). It’s a good trade-off.

Your best bet, overall, is to remain grounded (for the most part), and use your f-tilt. You can sometimes get away with multiple forward tilts via “f-tilt --> step forward--> f-tilt--> step forward”, although this should by no means be your “bread and butter”. Utilizing you f-tilt in a retreating fashion (stepping back, as opposed to stepping forward) is a good way to shut down GaW’s turtle approach given the correct proximity of one character to the other.

Be wary of his tilts, as the f-tilt can shut down a few of your “hasty and wreckless” approaches, and d-tilt can shut down quite a few more, especially poorly spaced shorthopped aerials, and also makes for a superb edgeguard (more on that later).

In addition to utilizing your own tilts, use your gyro and laser often, but use them wisely. A simple jab and even a b-air from GaW can negate an uncharged gyro. He can also grab the gyro and utilize it via glide-tossing to get into your face and follow up with a jab which sets you up for a plethora of his moves. Of course we all know that he can bucket your laser, so make sure to be as unpredictable and calculating with it as possible. With the advent of bucket cancelling, it makes a B-throw/F-throw --> fully charged laser KO much, MUCH tougher. Look for the aerial used to reset his hitstun animation, and laser then, timing it so that it hits before he can bucket (easier said than done.)

While on the ground, be wary of GaW’s grab game. His tech-chasing ability is not to be taken lightly. Add to that the fact ROB has a sub-par techroll, as well as a large frame, and you can really eat a lot of damage and possibly lose a stock EXTREMELY early via tech-chased smashes. Make sure to vary your techroll directions as best you can to avoid this.
On the subject of grabs, make sure to do it often in this matchup. It is one of the few guaranteed ways of building damage in this matchup. It helps to “slow” down the match, gives you a chance to collect yourself, and refresh your own moves through grab-pummels. U-throw is capable of killing at around 160%, and a fresh B-throw can do the job as well.

The tried and true “spotdodge-->d-smash” isn’t nearly as effective in this matchup. Its one of the times that the spotdodge can REALLY screw ROB over. Almost all (if not all) of GaW’s smash’s hitboxes are out long enough to outlast the spot-dodge.

You should avoid being above GaW- either directly above or diagonally above. ROB’s huge blindspot gets punished hard with the use of GaW’s N-air, which can be followed up in numerous ways with U- and N-airs, and Up+B in various combination. But he has even more options. Should he forego an initial N-air, he can utilize Up+B & U-air to keep his game “fresh” and to keep you off-balance (both mentally in terms of the player, and physically in terms of the character). U-tilt is a great juggler at low percents, and leads into all sorts of nasty mess. U-air is a fabulous juggler, and also refreshes GaW’s moves. If he insists on continually juggling you, do not try to “outwit” him by DI’ing back and forth, you are only hurting your own cause. Instead, try to throw him off by less conventional means (wavebouncing gyro cancels, wavebouncing up+bs, and b-airs).Get to the edge as quick as possible to at least reset yourself to a (slightly) less unfavorable position.

In terms of recovery, this is one of the few matchups where ROB finds a great amount of difficulty in approaching. GaW has a HUGE arsenal to shut down your recovery, ending with an either outright KO, or pestering you enough to make you run out of fuel. This facet of the game drastically throws the matchup in GaW’s favor, imo. If you are recovering horizontally, or from a diagonal below, GaW can use toss bacon/sausage/whatever it is at you. They move through the air slowly, take seemingly erratic paths. Continually using robo-burner to recover in the midst of a bacon storm will empty your fuel supply in a few short moments. If you manage to get past the bacon, a d-tilt can shut you down.

However, coming from below is also hazardous. A RAR’d key can hit us, as well as an Airwalk (walking off the stage, keying, and diing back to the stage). Dtilt generally beats U-airs from below, and even spaced f-airs. If you happened to get caught under the edge, watch out for a “run off the edge--> b-air” trap, “RAR a f-air into your grill for the stage spike” or even a U-aired stage spike against the underside of the lip.

Also, there is the option of him using an F-air. Drop down below him (hope you saved your second jump) and U-air him after it comes out. If the first hits, and it didn’t kill you and you’re still close, watch out for a second one, IE- DON’T START YOUR UP+B IMMEDIATELY, as he can double jump--> F-air. He can also do the same with B-air-->dj-->b-air-->Up+B for a gimp as well. DI the turtle if that’s the case, and you should yet again get a free F- or B-air (preferably B-air, as you can most likely KO him at that point on the map)

Once you get to the ledge; DO NOT relax. If you linger too long, a dash-attack will spike you. Ledge-hopping leaves you prone to a SHF-air if you get-up attack. A roll leaves you open to a turn-around-grab that can either mean a D-throw to techchase, or simply being thrown off-stage again. Jumping from the edge is thwarted by an N-air, or even an Up+B.
Recovering high has its own dangers as well. It leaves you susceptible to U-air juggles (which refreshes GaW’s moves), up+b’s, and also puts you in a race to a landing position against a faster character with superior juggling abilities

However, recovering against GaW is NOT impossible, its just very hard. Unlike most other characters, GaW has the tools to shut down almost all of ROB’s recovery options. This means, you HAVE to mix them up. You’re given a short amount of time to analyze dozens of possible scenarios, and choose the best one based on effectiveness or unpredictability. Keep in mind that you still have lasers (use them wisely, to prevent a bucket), gyros, going under the stage, and up+b stalling trixies (be careful to leave yourself enough fuel to recover!)

But all is not lost, ROB mains. ROB also gives GaW more of a hassle in terms of his recovery than most other characters, providing you read it right/make him recover how YOU want. As I mentioned before, lasers can help if you time them properly (either before or after the bucket). One effective trick when used sparingly, is to purposely MISS a laser, in an attempt to solicit a bucket in order to throw the opponent off, allowing you to possibly capitalize (depending on distance and positioning) . Because ROB can travel so far with his jumps and a repeatedly cancelled up+b, you can dip low into GaW’s recovery trajectory. Mix up the use/timing via: running off the edge and saving both jumps, using only one jump, stalling with up+b (thereby saving your second {or even first} jump). Heck, even throwing a gyro out randomly can cause problems. Even if it doesn’t hit him, its placed an object in his recovery path that he is forced to navigate around. In the event that he has somehow overshot the edge during his up+B, GRAB HIM, but DO NOT hit him. Just like with Snake, if you grab him out of his up+B, he doesn't get it back.

If he attempts to recover high, there isn’t a WHOLE lot you can do. Attempt to bait a key via getting under him and wavebouncing an almost fully-charged gyro (it will finish charging as he descends), or by using a B-air. The disjointedness of the hitbox, when timed properly, will hit him and space you away from the key. If the key is done relatively high, you can sneak out an N-air. If he n-airs, wait for the end of it and U-air him, or even a U-smash if you’re grounded. Be careful about the “back and forth” motion of his parachute, which is a bit of a mindgame in and of itself, and be more wary of the fact that the box/credit card/razor/rectangular object is fast enough and long enough to hit even during the “floating away” portion.

(3.2) Defragmentation Data:
Sudai breaks the percent ranges down into groups of 0-35% (group A or “A” for our purposes), 35-70% (“B”), 70-110% (“C”), 110-135% (“D”) 135-150% (“E”).

A: Combo
B: Poke
C: Poke
D: Poke/Kill if possible(Bucket Cancelling can at times negate the kill option)
E+: Kill

(3.3) Stages:
BF is by far GaW’s best neutral in this matchup, no further explanation needed.

I personally dislike Yoshi’s, as it makes the d-tilt even more dangerous, and negates going under the stage. Although the platform can mess with GaW’s aerial game, getting caught on it can be bothersome, and it hinders your aerial game much more than his. Also, the angled stage makes it harder to utilize a gyro that is on the ground.

FD, SV, and Lylat are probably your better bets due to the lack of stationary platforms, and the lip of the stage being able to possibly catch GaW’s recovery. Lylat due to the tilting stage, and limiting of GaW’s platform game.

Game and Watch seems to do relatively well at most of the stages ROB normally counterpicks, and vice versa. The small boundaries on Frigate coupled with GaW’s ability to recover high/across the stage rules it out, though if the GaW player isn’t comfortable on the stage, then by all means use it. Japes is a decent pick, IMO. You can freely spam gyro from the platforms on each side, and use laser widely. Shielding an F-air will put you on the ledge, but here it isn’t such a dangerous place to be, what with the ability to go under the platforms to a new edge, or to use the water to speedily move you out of harm’s way.

Neutrals: FD & ?SV?, Lylat
Counterpick: Japes, Luigi’s if its legal, Comfort stage
Ban/Avoid: BF, and GaW’s Comfort stage

(3.4) Specific Moves Guide:
Essentially, I want to list the most commonly used moves for damage-racking & KOs here, and how to properly DI out of them. I will admit, I am HORRIBLE at escaping multi-hit moves (though quite good at DI’ing AFTER the moves in order to stay alive), and so this is certainly not my strong-point, so any help here will be appreciated, and added accordingly. Ideally, it would be listed in the following:

Move:

B-air:
N-air:
Electric Hammer (?5?):
Continued jab (holding A):

(3.5) Zoning Guide:
Once the zoning discussion gets started, information and screenshots will be placed here.

(3.6) Frame Data:
Thanks to GWJumpman for assembling the frame information for ROB. I have perused each of the character boards to obtain frame data for comparison against ROB's moveset. I am not entirely, 100% sure these are super accurate, but they are a lot better than what I had before I suspended this section. As a note, the (x) in the ROB column is the # of frames if the attack whiffs/misses.

I have tried my best to standardize the lists, as some boards don't list some things, and DO list others. Additionall, any group of cells that are "blacked out" means that I couldn't readily find frame information for those specific moves.

(3.7) Conclusion:
This is another one of ROB's VERY hard matchups. Some put it as bad or worse as MK, others put it almost even. After looking over the GaW boards, and our own boards and comparing the matchup ratios, it appears that most agree that it is within a heavily disadvantaged range for ROB. The ROB player must play intelligently, react exceptionally well to difficult situations, be patient, and most of all- YOU MUST RECOVER!

King DeDeDe

credit to *pnutink @ deviant art for the image

This is yet again, a tough matchup for ROB. Not tough in regards to DDD totally shutting ROB down like Game & Watch or Metaknight, but rather it is a matchup that is tough due to the way that it has to be played. Patience, playing incredibly smart while being able to mix things up, and near perfect spacing is the best bet.

4.1 Overall Strategy:
This is one matchup where ROB has no other choice BUT to camp. A quick breakdown of why: DDD’s chaingrab is a free damage dealer and can erase in 10 seconds the damage advantage you’ve been building for the last minute or so. ROB has a hard time killing, DDD can survive to obscene percentages when being hit with stale moves (and both your N- and B-airs will probably be stale in this matchup) & use of proper DI, and has a much easier time killing ROB through use of U-tilt (which will almost always be fresh by the time you’re around the % for it to kill), a random Gordo, a surprise dash attack, a surprise F-smash, or even a D-tilt. Add all this together, and you should be able to see just how cautious and campy you have to play in order to eek out a victory. To more adequately surmise it:

I'll briefly address what happens if ROB approaches:
1. ROB attacks
2. Dedede doesn't get hit
3. ROB gets grabbed
4. ROB takes 60%
5. Dedede vs. ROB becomes 65:35 Dedede's favor, or more.
5. ?????
6. PROFIT!!
ROB has a superior projectile game, which enables him to outcamp DDD. However, the effectiveness of his Waddles can not be taken lightly or overlooked as they clash with a gyro. Playing on longer stages can help with this, but as DDD slowly approaches (which, you should be forcing him to), he will inevitably reach the point where his Waddles can/will clash with the gyro and eventually to the point where they can hit you.

If you do not mix up your projectile camping game, the match will simmer down into a literal projectile war which can result in either a “projectile clashing draw” (bad for you if he has a percentage lead) or a “percentage draw” (bad for you if you simply exchange hits, as your die much faster than DDD in this matchup), or in a DDD advancing through the air using multiple jumps to navigate over the barrage and land nearer to you (in which case, wait until he is almost out of jumps and attack him from below UNEXPECTEDLY, or just run underneath to the opposite side).

There are several things you can do to mix the projectile camping game up. First off, increase (or decrease) the charge time of your gyro. While you are possibly sacrificing the shield that is distance as DDD is able to approach in this scenario, you are compensating by providing yourself with a stronger projectile and some degree of unrest to the DDD player (see: “Is he going to charge it all the way? Or fire it? Is he going to fire it now? Or, when I get in range for a grab?). Don’t forget that you can grab out of a gyro charge. This should definitely NOT be one of your mainstays in terms of strategy, but cancelling a charge halfway through if he is close enough may get you a free grab->throw->enable you to get to the other side of the stage.

Secondly, you can alter the angle of your laser. Bouncing it off of the floor and up into DDD, or shooting it straight, or shooting it at an upward angle if he attempts go airborne. You can utilize short hops, jumps, and sometimes double jumps when firing the laser/gyro, but do so at the appropriate times as doing so gives up the neutral position of being grounded.

Thirdly, feigning approaches to bait a shieldgrab can lead to openings for projectile usage: Running up (out of grab range) and firing a gyro to cancel the run momentum (fully charged preferably, as it takes less time than pulling an uncharged out and cancelling the charge by firing), RAR as if you were going to RAR a B-air, but instead use a turn-around laser or gyro; RAR a B-air and turn around gyro on landing, Wavebounce lasers and gyros. Also, some physical feints of approaches can work here as well. SH a retreating F-air-->up+B backwards-->cancel with an F-air (or whatever aerial)-->dj-->whatever aerial fits the situation/helps your cause.

Fourth, use glide-tossing. While most people think of it as a great approach, it is also an outstanding defensive maneuver. Once you become comfortable with the various lengths (long covers half of FD while the shorter one covers the distance of a normal roll), you can use it in many, MANY different ways. Use it going backwards to retreat with a laser, backwards to retreat with an up+b to quickly get to the opposite ledge, forwards & through to get to an edge, or to a pivot grab, forwards into a rar’d b-air, forwards into the aforementioned “RAR’d turnaround laser”, retreating with a gyro toss down to where he will land (if he is air-stalling) and punish in its hitstun before moving out of range-there are TONS of possibilities. Even approaches with it, if spaced properly and used in a defensive manner (defensive approach: moving toward your opponent not with the aim of attacking, but to change positions while covering yourself with an attack) can help out tremendously.

Utilize ledge-camping as it negates his chaingrabbing and Waddle approaches. Similar to Falco, there isn’t much that DDD can do in the way of assaulting your ledge game. His only good options are D-airs over the ledge, stealing the ledge whenever you ledge-drop--> jump in order to regain invincibility frames, running off and attempting a B-air stage spike or swallowcide, or using a surprise F-smash if you aren’t adept at spacing your regrab so that you remain largely under the ledge.

I apologize for spending such a long time elaborating on the camping facet of the matchup, but that is the LARGEST, and (currently) most effective, facet of the matchup- and I want to make it clear that camping isn’t just “throwing everything mindlessly at him” but that it can be mixed up, and in this matchup, it HAS to be.

In the eventual inevitability that DDD does get close, there are things you have to watch out for IN ADDITION TO the chaingrab. While spot-dodging to D-smash can (and will) work against aggressive (and often times “newer” DDD players who know ONLY how to chaingrab), it can guarantee a DDD grab if it is overused, or predictable. Vary your spot-dodge timing, or the d-smash timing after the spot-dodge, or do it out of shield.

Watch out for his F-tilt. Although it is slower, I believe it outranges yours (someone let me know if I’m incorrect). If you get hit with one, you won’t have time to “counter f-tilt” due to the hitstun & speed of your own tilt (not to mention that at close range, if can kind of raise you off the ground a little, which means you still have to land before doing anything). Shielding a second one can result in a shieldgrab for you, but if he sees it coming he can easily dodge and grab you afterward.

Qwertyman made a good point during the DeDeDe matchup discussion. In his post, he outlined that there are “stages” to the match. I will paraphrase them:

Stage One; Distance: The long range fight wherein DDD is trying to approach through ROB’s projectile spamming/camping/ledge-camping. Utilize the tactics listed previously (and anything else you can think of) to prolong this stage as long as possible.

Stage Two; Close Quarters: DDD has successfully gotten into your bad zone, and is ultimately looking for a grab, or a possible U-tilt KO (at the right percent). This revolves around spot-dodging, ROB d-smashing, shielding, and spacing within a confined area. The stage does not last long, for as soon as ROB is grabbed & chained (or KO’d)

Stage Three; The Edge-Game: If DDD successfully completes his chain, you will wind up on the ledge, or offstage. The former isn’t that bad, providing you have a percentage lead. The latter however, is rough stuff. If the chain is ended with an F-throw, DI so that you wind up at a high angle. From there proceed to recover high. If you are sent below the stage, its often times a better bet to bait him to chase you while positioning yourself in an interior position, and then go under the stage and then get back on from the other side. Baiting him to come down after you, and moving to the interior assures that you have AMPLE time to reset yourself into a favorable position. If he doesn’t react to your bait, do it anyway. At the very least, you’ll be on the opposite edge (which is good, it automatically creates your ledgecamping game if you can force the match to slow down) with about a half tank of fuel left providing you conserved it through cancelling & use of B-airs.

Attempting to recover horizontally, or at a diagonal from either “high corner--> ledge” or “low corner--> ledge” you are setting yourself up for some vicious edge-guarding. DDD’s B-air is simply TOO good in this department. It generally lasts longer than your airdodge (depending on when the b-air and airdodge are executed, respectively- etc etc), and comes out quicker than your F-air. They can be chained into a WoP if you aren’t careful, and will chip away at your fuel supply quite quickly. DDD is one of the few characters that can easily make you run out of fuel consistently.

But the B-air isn’t the only thing you have to worry about. There is always the F-air. B-air WoPs can often end in an F-air for the finish, and F-airs can be mixed in sporadically to throw off your timing, having been conditioned to react to B-airs.

And there is of course the inhale. This can obviously lead to swallowcides, so be especially cautious whenever you are at a low % and he is at a high% on the same stock, or if he has the stock advantage, or anytime the two of you are on your last stocks at the same time. Outside of the suicide, the swallow is a hassle in and of itself. If you’re waiting on an airdodge from him during one of the few chances you have to combo him, it may never come, and he can use the inhale instead if you’re within range- ending your combo, dealing damage, and putting you in an unfavorable position. At the very least, it resets the two players into a neutral position. It is also an effective edgeguard, as being caught unaware and being sucked up in it will result in you being put back off the stage, usually in a diagonal up position- ripe for B-airs.

And of course, there’s always Waddle spam if he is cautious/at a high percent/if you have proven to be the superior player in the air (which, really shouldn’t happen).

From ROB’s perspective, edgeguard with lasers and gyros in an attempt to ROB him (bad pun) of his multiple jumps, by forcing him to waist them. F-airs can be used against a forward (toward you) facing DDD as can B-airs. Just make sure he doesn’t turn around to use a b-air. Force him to use his up+B recklessly, and U-smash him out of it during the descent if you are going for the KO. You can also utilize a U-air, and if the characters are in the right position you can U-air him as he ascends, and again as he descends.
If he cancels his up+b and is in a free fall, do not be hasty in your decision making. Quickly (but accurately) assess the situation, follow, and predict his free-fall path to capitalize on his prone state.

Stage Four; Endgame: At this point, players will go for the KO. DDD will inevitably attempt to land a U-tilt, or spam waddles in an attempt to pull a Gordo, which can kill as early as 80-90%. But be wary of his other “surprise” KOs; D-tilt, Swallowcides, stage spikes, f-smashes.

ROB should be using spaced N-airs if possible, although B-air is definitely a better choice as it auto-spaces, auto-cancels, and can be a set-up to an F-smash if the B-air is shielded/misses. At high percents, your F-tilt can kill, as can U-throw.

In terms of the ebb and flow of the match as it relates to these stages; ROB wants to keep the match in Stage 1 for as long as possible, avoid Stage 2 altogether (or at least minimize the total time spent in it), be on the giving end of Stage 3. Stage 4 is highly dependent on the percentage comparisons between characters; but it goes without saying that you want to be on the “offensive end” of it, but still remaining PATIENT so as to avoid a chaingrab and the possibility of things being evened out once more.

4.2 Defragmentation Data:
Sudai breaks the percent ranges down into groups of 0-35% (group A or “A” for our purposes), 35-70% (“B”), 70-110% (“C”), 110-135% (“D”) 135-150% (“E”).

A: Camp/Combo
B: Camp
C: Camp
D: Camp/Kill

(4.3) Stages:
There are pros and cons to choosing FD. While it is longer which enables better camping, you also will eat 2-3 more chaingrabs than on other stages. The extra grabs you save yourself from isn't worth not being able to camp efficiently, and giving up stage control, and being prone for a U-tilt at almost any given time due to the platforms.

Japes is a great bet. With Norfair you are trading off a vastle decreased number of CGs for aerial fighting- so you can expect to eat a lot of B-airs. Brinstar seems alright. With Frigate, the tradeoff between less cg's & the ability to punish DDD recovery & the lowish ceiling.

Neutrals: FD, SV, Yoshi’s Island.
Counterpick: Japes, Norfair, Brinstar, Frigate
Ban: Battlefield, Delphino, Castle Siege (unless you are **** sure you can stay away from him during second transformation)

(4.4) Zoning Guide:

(4.5) Specific Moves Guide::

Move:

U-air:
D-air:
F-throw:
B-throw:
CG (things to possibly make the cg more difficult; jabbing, jumping, ?DI?)

(4.6) Frame Data:
No Frame Data Available for King DeDeDe

(4.7) Conclusion:
The matchup is quite tough. Not because it is especially difficult, or one character is vastly superior to the other, but because the matchup is mentally taxing. Camping is key, as it helps you avoid grabs. Make sure to vary your projectile usage, your “running away” patterns, and your counter-attacks in order to keep your opponent on their toes and out of a “groove” when it comes to landing grabs- but make sure to take note that even if you don’t get grabbed, DDD still has options left to make the match quite harder than most matchups of comparable ratios.

(5.0) Diddy Kong

credit to *pnutink @ deviant art for the image

This is a frustrating, often times long matchup due to the fact that Diddy has a hard time killing ROB, and ROB will be camping as much as possible to avoid those annoying (annoying is an understatement) bananas.

(5.1) Overall Strategy:
Without bananas, Diddy is a vastly different and less threatening (though that’s not to say he is NOTHING without the bananas) opponent. Therefore, attempting to neutralize his banana game should be your number one priority in this matchup. The best way to do this, is to stay out of range of his bananas through camping. If Diddy does happen to land a banana combo on you, be prepared to take a fair amount of damage, regardless of percent. To help neutralize the (inevitable) damage, forcing Diddy to approach via your projectile/camping game is paramount. However, Diddy is one of the few characters whose playstyles naturally make them proficient with items (see: ZSS, Peach), so be careful to not let Diddy get hold of your gyro.

In the event you obtain one of Diddy’s bananas, attempting to use them against him is not ALWAYS the best option. Diddy is just designed to use bananas WAY more proficiently than ROB. It doesn’t make much sense to try to use a weapon you may know very little about against a character whose game revolves solely on using them offensively (as opposed to just camping, or short combos like ROBs do with the gyro). Of course you can say “But, ROB’s glide-toss is so long, and you can do lots of stuff out of it!” While this is true, a longer glide-toss is not the best option in this matchup. Often times, ROBs glide toss (even the shorter version) will leave him out of range to efficiently capitalize on the banana induced trip which will enable the Diddy player to return to their banana game before you can pressure them in an attempt to impede it. If you are not comfortable with banana usage or shortening ROBs glide toss to provide more “combo” options off of the trip, don’t even bother with attempting to utilize them, just throw them behind you (to “defend” the bananas by placing yourself between them, which keeps them active and stops Diddy from pulling more out), or throw them off the stage entirely. In this case, the Diddy player may become more focused on getting another banana out than actually fighting. I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!

However, there are times when using the bananas against him is perfectly alright, and encouraged. If you are comfortable with using them or if there is only one banana in the field of play (and you have it.) You can also use them as an edgeguarding tool. Z-dropping or throwing them down to knock him out of his rocketboost and proceed to utilize whatever the situation calls for.

Also, by simply dropping the banana down (while on the ground) and using d-tilt, the tilt pushes the banana toward Diddy which will either trip him first (enabling the d-tilt to hit) or he will get hit by the d-tilt (enabling the banana to trip him, resulting in a grab or smash)- providing the diddy doesn’t shield. Even if he does, and drops the shield to pick a banana up, you can probably hit him with a d-tilt before he can do anything with it.

Another way to neutralize the banana game is to be aggressive, but not reckless. By putting constant pressure on Diddy when he has no bananas prevents him from pulling them out. They come out relatively slowly, must either be caught during an aerial, airdodge, or wait until they hit the ground. During this time, you can utilize a wide array of tactics that you normally would when on the offensive. If Diddy attempts to pull bananas in this situation in a “panic situation” you can punish him to the nth degree. Of course, they can hit you during their descent, which can spell a bit of trouble, but it is generally a safe risk to take. Utilize your f-tilts, f-smashes, jabs, and grabs. While spotdodge--> works well against Diddy, over-using it can give Diddy a free grab to force you away which enables him to pull a banana. As soon as Diddy gets control over a banana, back off once more to get out of the “mid-range” area (where diddy’s banana game really shines).

Additionally, you can stay in the air. You can’t trip while in the air! However, if this is the case, be sure to watch out for bananas being thrown as a “traditional” projectile (meaning they are used to hurt or stun you as opposed to tripping you), the peanut gun (as the peanuts have a nice arc for defending airspace in front/slightly above Diddy), jump-->over-B, or an aerial counterattack. Although ROB outclasses Diddy while both players are airborne, a surprise aerial counter-attack can prove to be effective against you. Also, watch out for U-tilts & U-airs if you find yourself above him.
However, as I mentioned, you have all the tools to outshine him once the two of you are airborne. N- and B- airs work well (B-air especially against Diddy’s >B due to the hitbox), as do F-airs. Watch out for B-air chains, and F-airs as well (as Diddys tend to rely on the F-air a lot once they are airborne) . Be careful of a fresh F-air (especially on Diddy respawn with you at a high % if he gets you in the air)

In the event that you fail to neutralize his banana game (even moderately), there is a BOAT-LOAD of things that can happen to you. There really are too many to think of/list, but there will be lots of: dash attacks, U-smashes, U-tilts, grabs, F-smashes, and D-smashes- all in varying quantities and order. Because of this, a Diddy with a banana (and two of course makes it worse) can shield pressure you to no end, and wreak havoc on your mental state, making you feel as if you have no options, which isn’t too far from the truth. The dash-attack whittles away at your shield, is one of the hardest to shieldgrab, leads to combos amazingly well, and of course picks the banana he just threw at you back up. F-smashes can get you into the air where he can utilize banana throws upward to combo you, U-smashes and U-tilts are great combo starters, and D-smash makes rolling away much harder.

Once you have neutralized the banana game, Diddy becomes outclassed- but that doesn’t mean you will absolutely wreck him to no end. Higher skilled Diddy’s will find ways to get you off of them so they can retrieve/pull a banana. His >B can be quite bothersome, and can enable him to get you away from him so that he can once more pull a banana. Although you outrange him, poor spacing can lead to getting d-tilted-->grabbed. Depending on the stage of the match (stocks & percentages of each character) Diddy’s smashes are already probably decayed past the point of killing you, and so don’t be surprised to see lots of them in the stead of more conventional ground attacks.

In terms of edgeguarding Diddy, you have a wide array of options. Diddy will most likely be recovering horizontally which makes using laser easier and gyro (uncharged) a bit harder due to the fact that it arcs instead of travels horizontally (though a fully charged one works WONDERS here). When recovering horizontally, Diddy’s options are limited. He resets himself--> over-b’s (to save his jump)--> jump (depending on how far away he is), or resets-->jump--> over-b. Often times, a pair of lasers can take away these options (by the time you shoot the first, it hits, he begins his second form of recovery {depending on what he did first}, you should be able to fire another), with a gyro helping to aid your cause as he gets lower. And you can always go offstage for an F-air, or B-air (hitting with either the head, or the booster, whatever you feel is best based on the situation).

Force him to recover low, as his up+B is easy to combat. You can run off stage and F-air (if he is far enough out diagonally), RAR yourself for an F-air as you run off-stage, go for a B-air stage-spike, run/jump off and turn-around gyro or laser, z-drop a gyro (or banana if you have one) onto him. Literally, there is a PLETHORA of options in combating his up+b, its just a matter of not being baited into using things to early, (as he will prolong the up+b as long as possible to both gain length, stall to bait your action, and then use the window to recover {and it may hit you while he does it!}) and timing them properly. As a side-note; if you stage-spike diddy while he is charging his rocket-boosters, he will hit the wall but glide up it with the knockback he receives.

As always most of your “outright” kill moves will be N-air, B-air, F-smash, U-smash, fresh b-throws (either straight out, or with a charged laser), and U-throws at really high percents. At higher percents, make sure you avoid Diddy’s F- and D-smashes, usually started by bananas, U-airs at high percents, and even U-tilts when on the top platforms of a stage like battlefield. Diddy has few options when edgeguarding you, and a small number of outright kill moves (as they are usually decayed and wont work until very high percents). As always, watch out for a face-hump suicide, or even a face-hump stage spike. If the Diddy is feeling ballsy, he may drop off the ledge, >B toward you with a kung-fu kick for the KO and use his dj and up+b to return to the stage. He can also attempt a spike, either “straight up” as you attempt to recover, or after a dash attack near the edge-->dj. As well all know, ROB laughs in the face of spikes.

However, don’t be too cocky. Getting spiked initially from just above stage level is livable, but there is only so many that even ROB can take. Spike-->ledgegrab-->ledgedrop-->up+b spike--> repeat can be quite bothersome, and deplete your fuel supplpy if you don’t properly utilize your U-air in order to stop it. Even then, it may be really hard, as players who are more comfortable with Diddy’s recovery will drop down low with their up+B by fast-falling off the ledge and catching you with the spike in the small window that you can’t do an aerial after starting your up+b. Also watch out for rocket-booster “suicides”, as diddy can launch himself into the stage as opposed to grabbing the ledge (usually when forced to use their recovery in a bad position that they can’t reach the edge with), causing the barrels to explode, and the hitbox going through the stage. Also, even after you eliminate a recovering Diddy, watch out for the stray barrels as they have a half-arsed homing property similar (though slightly less effective) than Samus’.

(5.2) Defragmentation Data:
Sudai breaks the percent ranges down into groups of 0-35% (group A or “A” for our purposes), 35-70% (“B”), 70-110% (“C”), 110-135% (“D”) 135-150% (“E”):

A: Combo/Camp
B: Camp
C: Camp/Poke/Gimp
D: Kill

(5.3) Stages:
There was a fair amount of debate on stage preference between FD and BF. Both parts have their advantages/disadvantages for both ROB and Diddy. Final Destination is flat and longer- which means bananas become much more effective and dangerous here. On the flipside, you can stay out of banana range here and camp a lot better. For Battlefield- the platforms provide relief from the banana game and is long enough to do some camping, yet short enough to diminish the strings of successive banana locks/hits/whatever. However, Diddy is able to attack your vunerable spots from below, and the shorter stage makes the bananas control a large area. Also, laying a banana on a platform and near the edge of the stage can limit what ROB can do in terms of landing back on the stage. The choice between the two depends on the comfort level of you and your opponent.

Smashville seems to be a good bet, as its platform provides a degree of relief, and the main stage is a little on the short side. Lylat seems alright as well, as the tilting stage can disrupt some banana combos, the platforms enable you room to breathe, and are easier on ROB than BF.
In terms of counterpicking, you should do alright at Frigate due to the ledgeless side, arching floor, platform to camp under, etc. Rainbow cruise is good, as you can constantly run to stay away from the bananas. Norfair for the same reason (if you win the first stock), Japes for utter campage.

Neutrals: FD or BF (personal preference, though there are better stages), Lylat, SV
Counterpicks: Frigate, Norfair if you are confident you can “win” the first stock and are more comfortable there(see AlphaZealot’s thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230510), Rainbow Cruise, Japes
Ban: FD or BF (personal preferences)

(5.4) Specific Moves Guide:

Move:

F-smash
Jab Attack
D-tilt

(2.5) Zoning Guide:

(5.6) Frame Data:

(5.7) Conclusions:
This is definitely a frustrating matchup, and one that will probably last awhile- but it is certainly winnable. It all relies on neutralizing the banana game of Diddy. Even if you can not eliminate it entirely (who can?), diminishing it as much as possible swings the matchup more and more in your favor. Add to that the many options of taking advantage of Diddy’s recovery vs you living a long time; and you get an interesting matchup- its slightly in ROB’s favor, but ROB is definitely able to lose this.

(6.0) Kirby

Color Code: 55/45

This is pretty even matchup, as both characters trump eachother in various aspects of their game. ROB outranges Kirby on the ground, can outcamp him, and can gimp him easier than Kirby can ROB. However, Kirby has more options to kill at low percents (Hammer, F-smash), can get around ROBs camping game better than most characters, and can rack up damage much easier.

(6.1) Overall Strategy:
In this matchup, ROB wants to remain on the ground most of the time during the lower percentages, though the use of aerial combos should not be neglected if the opportunity presents itself. By doing so, he can camp Kirby and force him to approach. Kirby will use B-airs and sometimes F-air to approach, mixing them in with his multiple jumps to weave in and out, airdodges, empty short hops & fulljumps, and feigned aerials. As Kirby approaches, ROBs F-tilt (which is amazing in this matchup) can (and should) be used to shut the approach down, as long as you are not baited by the aforementioned Kirby mindgames. In the event that the Kirby spaces poorly, quick jabs from ROB can be used to capitalize, or to force him away from you.

At low percents, the aim of an approaching Kirby is to rack up an almost guaranteed 40-60% damage via grab combos (not only the Gonzo combo{which can be jumped out of after the first U-air}, but using grabs to set up aerial attacks). Due to ROBs size & weight, this is a rather easy accomplishment at low percents which results in the aforementioned "guaranteed" 40-60% damage.

Therefore, it is essential that you maximize the amount of damage you dish out *before* this happens. Camping and the use of F-tilt to shut down approaches, jabs to punish bad spacing, and D-smashes to punish whiffed grabs can all accomplish this.

Kirby's F-smash can kill as low as 90% if its fresh (depending on DI, boundaries of the stage, and where you are in relation to those boundaries). His hammer (grounded and aerial) can also kill at comparably low percentages, and his B-air can be used as well. With this in mind, you can see that the 30-60 percent between the "combos" and "kill" are essential. Maximize that time!

While Kirby does have absurd killing power, it is important to note that you CAN live to higher percents; maybe not the 150-170 ROB is accustomed to (though, that would be ideal), but rather around the 120-140% range. This can be accomplished by being patient, careful, campy, and baiting f-smashes/hammers and capitalizing on them.

Both ROB and Kirby have aerial advantages over one another when they are below one another. (IE; when ROB is below Kirby- advantage ROB, and vice versa). Both character's U-airs flat out beat the other character's D-air. However, Kirby has the advantage of having multiple jumps which can help him get OUT of your range from below (using an Up+B to chase him can leave you prone in its start-up, which Kirby can capitalize on with D-air).

When the two characters are horizontal in the air, ROB has the advantage. His F-air beats out most everything Kirby can throw (it trades with B-air), and ROB's B-air & its hitbox is superb in this matchup if spaced properly against any of Kirby's aerials. However, it can be beaten by an aerial hammer if you space it improperly or are THAT predictable with it.

Do your absolute best to ensure that Kirby does not inhale & swallow you to steal your laser power. If you are swallowed, you can D-air immediately out of it and often times hit Kirby with it providing he doesn't shield. But, try your HARDEST to make sure you DON'T get swallowed. He is already hard enough to camp as it is because of his multiple jumps and small stature, but allowing him to have a viable projectile option is NOT good. With the laser, he can easily outcamp you by utilizing his multiple jumps. In the event of him obtaining a gyro in conjunction with posessing your laser, your camping has been essentially negated.

Once Kirby has your power you have two options. First- hope the Kirby can not use your laser as well as you can (you'll find this out almost immediately). Second- you approach in an attempt to hit him a few good times and knock the ability out of him. By approaching you lose one face of your advantage in the matchup. Kirby has a good "bait and punish" game vs those who approach, and this is heightened against ROB.

As mentioned before, Kirby has powerful "outright" kill options. F-smash can be used outright, or after an N-air (to whittle away your shield)-->D-tilt (to trip). A D-air can replace the N-air, and has the possibility of tripping if unshielded (it can whittle away your shield and set-up for a D-tilt poke) which can lead to an F-smash. An aerial hammer to punish over-aggressive air combat, or as a surprise attack (even on the ground too).

But Kirby's edge-guarding game is nothing to laugh at either. Perfectly spaced B-airs can pose a hassle for ROB and also lead to gimps. Aerial hammer trixies can lead into KOs off-stage (don't forget about the 2x hits of the aerial hammers!). D-air-->footstool can put you in a VERY disadvantageous position, causing you to panic and attempt to recover only to eat more D-airs. Well spaced B-airs can be used, and intermingled with F-airs (similar to DDD's method). The stone transformation can result in outright KOs, or unexpected stage spikes. . And, there is always the possibility of a Kirby-cide.

When dealing with B-airs, F-airs will usually beat them out unless they are spaced exceptionally well. When dealing with aerial hammers, simply move out of the way if you can (though be careful as Kirby can use these to stall instead of his jumps, thereby following you down) or catch him between uses of it.

The stone can be tricky to deal with. It can be used to punish over-aggressive U-airing from below, and has a pair of hitboxes (when it hits the ground) like GaW's key. If you are close enough, use your U-air during its start-up. If you are too far away, move out of its path. Be careful when Kirby is far above you, as he can use the stone to cover the long vertical distance in an instant and aerial hammer or B-air out of it immediately. He can even transform back to put you in a "safe" state of mind, only to transform again and hit you with it (used on- or off-stage).

If you are expecting a D-air, time it right and U-air it as it will beat his. If you do get D-aired (and possibly footstooled after), DI it properly and also do not recover directly from below. You will just eat more and more of them until you are out of fuel. Instead, go under the stage and recover to the otherside or recover AWAY from the stage and up. If you choose the latter, watch out for any number of "horizontal" KO options (b-airs, hammers, f-airs). If you happen to get hit with a B-air, DI it up and you can use it to give you a boost upward at the expense of damage (or a possible KO :()

Be extremely wary of Kirbycides at all times, but specifically in these situations: 1) You have a large lead on the same stock, 2) You have a large lead on your both on your last stock, 3)You are on your last stock and Kirby has at least a one stock lead.

Your main kill moves will be N-air (a fresh one kills Kirby at around 110% or so), U-smash (if the opportunity presents itself), F-smash (depending on percent/location/freshness), B-air (depending on freshness/location), D-air spikes (Kirby being vulnerable at the start-up of his Up+B), and F-airs.

You can RAR not only your B-airs, but your N-airs for an interesting change of pace. The use of ISJR (FullJump N-air--> buffered B-air--> SJ-->N-air-->Buffered B-air--> repeat; can end with a lower to the ground B-air or a FJ F-air, or land into a f-smash or grab...you get the point) can be a good mindgame, and may get you a free aerial while Kirby tries to sneak in, or a free grab/smash/gyro/laser/whatever depending on when/where you land.

Feinting approaches & retreats with RAR'd turnaround lasers & gyros, and normal turn-around lasers &gyros, and wavebounced lasers & gyros can lead to offensive openings where an N-air, or F-smash can be snuck in.

(6.2) Defragmentation Data:
Sudai breaks the percent ranges down into groups of 0-35% (group A or “A” for our purposes), 35-70% (“B”), 70-110% (“C”), 110-135% (“D”) 135-150% (“E”):

A: Combo/Poke
B: Poke/Camp
C: Poke/Kill

(6.3) Stages:
There really isn't too much to put here, as the debate about stages seemed to end with the general consensus that it is moreso dependant on the Kirby PLAYER as opposed to Kirby the CHARACTER. Therefore, you should counterpick your personal preferences/what they don't feel comfortable on and ban what you feel least comfortable with/their personal preference.

Neutrals: Final Destination, Smashville
Counterpicks: Personal Preference & Comfort Level
Ban: Personal Preference & Comfort Level

(6.4) Specific Moves Guide:

Move:

Gonzo Combo (Grab-->U-air-->Regrab-->U-air-->F-smash): Jump after the first U-air and it will end the string.
D-air (offstage):

(6.5) Zoning Guide:

(6.6) Frame Data:

(6.7) Conclusions:
Both characters outshine the others in various areas, and counter eachother's strengths relatively well. Kirby has the advantage in low % combo ability, and kill power. ROB has the ability to camp and shut-down approaches and survivability.

All in all, this is a pretty even matchup, and can go either way thoughon average ROB has a smidge of an advantage.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Complete Character Matchup Synopsis: Finally updated... with SNAKE!

(7.0) Donkey Kong

He's the leader of the bunch, we know him well... That's right, the first member of the DK crew, Donkey Kong is next up. This is another pretty even matchup which is heavily dependant on spacing, timing, and positioning yourself at all times. Oh, and also camping.

(7,1) Overall Strategy:
DK definately has the edge in overall range, both on the ground and in the air (though air combat range is dependant on several factors which will be touched on later). In addition to the range, his large frame makes him take up a lot of physical space. Add that to the range on his moves, and his mere presence can feel like an automatic pressure-game, especially on smaller stages. Oh, I forgot- he has an absurd KO potential as well.

However, his size comes at the advantage of being slow. He also doesn't have a projectile where as ROB does. This means that you can force DK to approach you. While he does have a reasonable number of safe options to approach you, it isn't anything that ROB shouldn't be able to handle.

If he approaches with B-airs while mixing in SHs and FJs and varying the number and timing of the B-airs- be prepared to shield grab or punish OoS with F- & D-tilts (depends on spacing and location) and possibly even a jab if he doesn't space properly. If he does, you should be able to sneak in an F-tilt before he can do anything else about it. Be wary of him mixing in a U-air at close range if the previous B-airs spacing failed. It comes out super quick, and will beat out almost anything you can do OoS. If you do manage to land an F- or D-tilt thanks to his poor spacing, you should be able to follow that up with 1-3 more walking f-tilts, but don't get too greedy.

If he chooses to mix in a headbutt after a B-air, you can either shield it and have virtually no shield left, or attack between the B-air and the headbutt. It takes a lot of guts to do the latter, but often times may be the best option if your shield is running thin+you are fast enough, and there is the option to roll (iaway of or behind depends on position, and both come with their prices and possibilities of DK capitalizing on them either with an F- or D- tilt, or a quick SH B-air)

From a shield grab at lower percents, you can utilize a downthrow to rack up some serious damage with a D-throw and U-air combination. DK has a blindspot below him like ROB (but not quite as bad) which you can take advantage of in this situation, and most other situations (if you can beat out the D-air in terms of speed/timing). Also, he may attempt to airdodge back to the ground and cover himself using a DK Punch, or possibly a B-air- both of which can be shielded and punsihed accordingly.

If he approaches using his Up+B to utilize the SAF on it (which negates your laser) be prepared to deal accordingly. Depending on distance, you might be able to sneak out another laser, you can D-smash to clank with it (or beat it if the Up+B is started right next to you), or you can fire a medium to fully charged gyro (depending on distance). You can shield, but it will result in being poked (even with angling it, iirc). While this approach doesn't do much damage, it puts you in bad positions which enables DK to follow up reasonably well.

As mentioned before, he can approach simply by walking. During this, he will be attempting to shield your projectiles (powershield preferably), so you want to make them as erratic/unpredictable (yet smartly placed and used) as possible. The "walking and shielding" will be supplemented with F-tilts and Down+Bs. F-tilt outranges yours and is quite fast, and Down+B has a surprising range, pops you up, and allows you to be juggled (which is ALWAYS bad for business for ROB). Used mostly to counter approaches (in conjunction with his f-tilt) as well as using it to bounce a weakened gyro up and away from him.

And, there is always the option of a glide toss if DK has managed to obtain ROB's gyro- and DKs glide toss goes a LONG way, REALLY fast which can catch you off-guard if you've either never seen it, never seen it used effectively, or are not expecting it. There are lots of options with glide tossing, and all of them dangerous; gt-> headbutt, gt->f-tilt, gt->d-smash... just to name a few. BE CAREFUL AND CAUTIOS WHEN DK HAS YOUR GYRO!

If DK has successfully approached and you are still on the ground, the "boxing" game begins. To those who do not know, "boxing" is another term for the close-ranged combat between two characters that relies on jabs, tilts, shields, grabs, and a few OoS options. Although ROB has good range and overall superior speed on these options and disjointedness, DK still wins in this arena by a moderate margin. Your jabs will clank with most anything within this range, and his jabs knock you up slightly into the air at earlier percents (earlier percents than the percents needed for your jab to do the same thing) which puts you ripe for juggling. In the event that you do manage to land a jab, the standard jab->grab or jab->dtilt->F-Tilt/Grab works well. Overall, if you are in this range, get out of it (or get DK out of it) ASAP. You have the options to do so, but you must use them appropriately. DK *will* get his hits in in this range, and every percentage point you can save will help your cause immensely.

A quick note: DK has a very effective technique on ROB called the "Grounded Footstool Combo" (GFSC). Essentially, its taking advantage of the inability of DKs opponent to react normally after being footstooled to lead into a headbutt (as the headbutt cancels momentum immediately) which enables the DK to use a plethora of deadly moves. (All of this takes place on the ground, btw... hence the name). This can be done out of a direct footstool, out of a d-tilt-->trip-->sh-->footstool, OoS SH-->Footstool, to punish attacks with landing lag, etc. It just so happens that ROB is one of the characters this works really well on. ALL THE MORE REASON TO KEEP YOURSELF AWAY FROM DK, MAKE HIM APPROACH, AND NOT BE CARELESS IN CLOSE RANGE.

The air game is highly dependant on character positioning. If DK is below ROB, DK wins easily. If ROB is below DK, ROB wins. If the two are horizontally level and facing away from one another, ROB wins due to his B-air's auto-spacing properties and its disjointed hitbox. When the two are facing eachother, it is a toss-up but leans in ROBs favor. While most DKs will retreat in this position, they do have the option of cancelling a turn-around DK punch charge into a B-air as a surprise- so watch out! If the two characters are horizontally even, but with ROB facing DK's back- DK generally wins. Similar to "retreating" being an often times better option for the DK in a "face to face" scenario, ROB can turn-around gyro cancel into a B-air as well. Also, there is the option of using your f-air; though the B-air range is longer, the F-air is disjointed. Spacing is key in this particular scenario.

A quick note about the DK/ROB grab-game. As mentioned before, ROB's dthrow to U-air combos well at low- lowmiddle percents. We all know about the cargo carry spike- however, there are two ways around this. First, you can simply tech the edge and then footstool jump. Secondly, you can simply hold UP on the control stick, which makes it ineffective. This may/may not be common knowledge, but I found it whilst perusing the DK boards in search of information. Also, its important to note that DK can cargo-grab release into several things, D-smash being on the top of my mind. I couldn't finid much information on it, and its only been done to me a few times (awhile back) so i can't remember what you need to do to avoid it.

In terms of KO options, DK is loaded with them. B-airs to headbutt which results in a broken shield-->headbutt->f-smash/d-smash/punch, various punch set-ups, up+b to D-smash around the 130% mark, straight out F-smashes and D-smashes... just to name a few. Basically, if you are at 90% or above... be expecting any number of KO moves and set-ups.

When you talk about KOs with DK, you instantly think of a fully charged DK punch. However, the fully charged punch is NOT the apex of power. We all know that depending on how many times DK "winds" his punch, the power increases. However, the fully charged punch (where his head is steaming) is not the strongest position. A DK punch that has been wound 6 times is stronger, and will reliably kill 30% sooner than a fully charged one- RIDICULOUSLY low percents. While this is all well and good, most DKs will prefer the fully charged one due to its SAF. And, odds are you will be too busy with other things than to count the number of winds, but its something you should keep in the back of your head. Either way it is something to look out for. The moral of the story... NEVER allow the punch to charge!

ROB is the one who has a hard time killing in this matchup. DK is really heavy, and DOES have the up+b as a momentum cancelling option. Therefore, don't be surprised if DK lives to around 170-210% in this matchup. N-airs and B-airs work well (depending on positioning) but your B-air may not be fresh depending on how much you utilized it to combat DK's B-air. U-smash is a good move, but of course it kills much higher than in normal matchups.

Most of your KOs will come from effective edgeguarding. If the DK uses his up+B high as a means to stop momentum- follow his route and punish accordingly with a U- or F-smash, B- or N-air if he recovers on-stage in his lag. If he attempts to make it to the edge, you can angle an F-smash up for the KO if hits a high enough percent, angle an F-tilt to direct him diagnally up and further edgeguard, U-air from below, or N-air. If you can't do either of these due to odd positioning or simply being too far out of range and unable to close the distance in time- annoy him with lasers and gyros until you get there.

It is best to remain near the edge to be ready to shield a get-up attack or ledgehopped U-air, punish a jump from the ledge, or stall a ledge-drop-->backward jump-->up+B recovery onto the stage. Your goal is to push him back with over-the-edge tilts, lasers, gyros, smashes & F-airs. This serves a two-fold purpose. One- it tacks on extra damage. Two, you are pushing him farther away (but ideally farther down) from the edge. After you get him far enough down, a simple F-air can finish it off.

The up+B can be f-aired if spaced properly, and DKs up+b is one of the easier recoveries for ROB to spike due to its weakness directly above DK. The timing is essential, as doing it during his SAF gives him a free recovery to the edge and puts YOU off-stage. Doing it while not spaced properly can result in you being hit before your spike comes out, which will again provide a safe recovery for him and put you on the defensive. On a side note, DK can use his up+B to stall with his SAF frames on the ledge as a form of planking that ROB really doesn't have much of an answer to. With DK being SOOO hard to kill, ROB not having my kill options, and DK being able to rack up damage with a single hit/score early KOs, this swings the matchup in DKs favor by a notable margin.

When recovering, watch out for successive B-airs during the vulnerable portions of your up+b when recovering from a diagnal high or horizontally, which can combo into a spike if your careless enough to continually up+b into the ****. If you are recovering low, be mindful of the spike. Even though your U-air can beat it in terms of speed, a gap in spacing/timing your up+b can cause you to eat it. Also, watch out for DK using the up+B ledgestall to thwart your efforts of coming in directly to the stage ledge. If you have enough fuel, bypass these shenanigans by going under the stage if possible.

(7.2) Defragmentation Data:

A: Combo
B: Combo
D: Camp

(7.3) Stages:
FD is the best neutral in this situation. Ample room to camp, nothing to obstruct your line of sight or projectile paths which makes camping (and therefore keeping a DK punch uncharged) easier. No platforms to help minimize the effects of juggling.

In terms of bans, you are going to want to get rid of Brinstar. Brinstar... its just a good DK stage.

You can counterpick Lylat bc the platforms aren't that bad, Frigate bc of ROBs comfort level there (tho low boundaries are a bit of a pain...) if you aren't overwhelmed by the sheer amount of space DK takes up on these stages. Japes is a bit of a toss-up. On Japes, DK's recovery can be used offensively as a means to move him about the stage thanks to the multiple ledges, but you can predict/see this and quickly move away to continue camping. You don't have to worry about a surprise U-smash, and DI'ing towards DK when he uses a D-smash will help you live longer off the top.

Neutrals: FD
Counterpicks: Japes, Frigate, Lylat
Ban/Avoid: Battlefield, Brinstar

(7.4) Specific Moves Guide:

Move:

Up+B
Down+B
D-smash

(7.5) Zoning Guide:

(7.6) Frame Data:

(7.7) Conclusions:
There are lots of trade-offs in this matchup. DK can kill early whereas ROB prides himself on survivability. ROB has a hard time KOing, and DK lives forever it seems. ROB can camp, but DK has a superior close-range array of options. A lot of it (almost the entire aerial portion) is dependant on positioning, timing, and spacing. Basically, it is going to come down to who is the better player, or who is more familiar with the matchup and who can protect their leads the best. The ability of DK to plank the ledge via utilizing SAF during an up+b ledgestall gives him a much better option to protect his lead than your ledgecamping with projectiles.

(8.0) Falco

An incredibly frustrating matchup. If the Falco is playing this correctly (as ghey as possible), there will be plenty of lasers to block your approach, and a phantasm to get away should you get too close. Remaining calm and not becoming frustrated while executing your gameplan is the most important thing in this matchup.

(8,1) Overall Strategy:
This is quite the frustrating matchup. ROB is an excellent camper, but Falco is built to "camp the camper". The reflector can neutralize a lot of your gyros and lasers (so use them much more sparingly, and/or smartly). Make no mistake, Falco's lasers trump ROBs due to the stunning property, sheer speed they come out with, and the zero landing lag means he can combo out of them for damage dealing combos and a KO, not to mention he can use them as a damage dealing retreat instead of a phantasm. Oh, and I forgot... you can be laser-locked if you aren't careful. ROBs screwy landing animation after a fall ensures an easy laser-lock if the Falco catches it. They are great for shutting down almost all types of approaches, and the addition of the reflector to the lasers makes glide-tossing very hard at times.

However, they are not un-beatable. You can approach via walking powershields (very tough, admittedly) but be forewarned that messing up the timing on one and getting hit can throw this entire strategy off. Falco also has the option of empty SH to draw a shield attempt, and to shoot one right as you drop it. There is the option to randomly use your Side-B to send one of the lasers back at him and approach during his stun (admittedly... NOT the best way). Do NOT roll! While it does get you through 1-2 lasers, you'll either be hit during your startup roll animation (slim, but it happens), or on the cooldown and wind up losing more ground than you gained. When you approach- come in high (though there still exists the chance to get hit with the lasers as you are jumping), but if you can't Shorthop->airdodge your way through them.

Once you get in close, it is essential that you zone yourself properly. Stay outside of his grab and jab range as he can either jab combo->reflector (which can be f-smashed in the cooldown if you remain in the inner portions of the reflector),flat-out grab or jab-cancel into a grab. Luckily ROB doesn't have to worry about the chaingrab, as he can simply jump+DI away and can't be chained past 10%. Falco can U-tilt if you come in too close or too high, or SH backwards and laser into a dashing grab.

Falco's D-air is also good here (it just isn't for spiking you know), as he can SH it and it can combo into itself in the hitstun at certain percentages. At higher percentages, the D-air will pop you up which will enable him to U-tilt N-air you to start a juggle from below (and we all know that below ROB is bad, bad, BAD!) and a U-air to finish it. And don't neglect the fact that he can SH OoS into a B-air.

F-tilt, D-tilt (with the chance of tripping that can lead into extra damage with a free grab {though he can react faster than you out of a release- so just throw him}), and D-smash work well. If you manage to have come in and are behind Falco, U-tilts work as well as you can chain 2-3 together (and more if the Falco doesn't know how to DI out of it). At lower percents (like... 0-15%), you can F-smash and follow up with an F-tilt.

Odds are, you won't be in close range for too long. With just the tiniest bit of time and space, Falco can utilize his phantasm to put himself out of range. His landing lag is minimal, so if you aren' within range by the time he is descending (assuming he SH'd it or did it out of a fulljump) you may not have time to punish accordingly. Also, phantasm has a habit of shield-poking ROB due to his odd frame and the way that his shield covers him, so timing a spotdodge to miss the phantasm is a good choice as well.

In the air, ROB will generally win this, although Falco's B-air is not to be taken as a "joke of an aerial". It comes out fast, and hits on both sides. Plus, there's a high chance that it will be fresh. You B-air is disjointed enough to safely use if space properly, as is your F-air. N-air can be somewhat of a risk, but you want to try to save that anyway as a kill move. The hard part is getting TO Falco TO put him into the air.

Once you get a decent lead on Falco its YOUR turn to be ghey! Feel free to plank him (grabbing the edge and stallking there) until the cows come home. Falco has no reliable approaches outside of his lasers, and hanging on the edge makes them 100% useless. Just be careful of a B-air stage spike attempt. Is it boring? Yes. Is it kinda ghey? Yes. But then again, wading through a barrage of "pew pew lazorz" from Falco only to have him zip away with a phantasm to start the process all over again is JUST as ghey. The important question to ask is "Is it effective?"? Yes! Its SUPER effective. Doing this will run the timer out, and protect your lead (especially if you have a stock lead, OR are at a high percentage {150+) on your stock), and will serve to frustrate and annoy the Falco player instead of you.

On the subject of killing- both characters have hard times killing the other. Falco's F-smash is pitiful if not sweetspotted (which can be hard to do). Falco's spike is rendered almost useless as ROB scoffs at spikes. However, jumping into a SH laser at close or pointe blank range will allow the Falco to easily transitioned into a DAC U-smash for reliable KOs around the 120% mark (depending on ceiling).

Most of ROBs kills will be gimps or successful edgeguard attempts at higher percents. Falco will use Phantasm to recover in preference to Firebird. N-air and B-air (the booster in) work well in knocking him out of it and you can get KOs this way, or in the very least knock him back off the stage for more edgeguarding. Ideally, you want to make him recover low so you can utterly destroy his Firebird. Lasers, gyros, and punishing phantasms will aid you in this endeavour. Against panicking Falcos (or those who try to be cute) you can even draw an SD (or at lease place yourself in a favorable position) with laser/gyro by baiting his refelctor as he falls. Once he uses his firebird, he is ripe for the plucking....err... picking. F-airs, B-airs, N-airs, D-airs, lasers, medium->fully charged gyros are all feasible in certain situations (B-air stage spikes, D-air spikes, turnaround gyros if he is below the stage, turnaround F-airs if he is below, F-airs if he is diagonaly down, etc.) What's more, is that up+B stalling works very well to force his hands. Know what distances/angles Falco can't recover from, stall him out until he is forced to recover from the edge of those angles/distances, and capitalize.

If Falco does get to the edge, don't worry too much. His ledge-game isn't exactly astounding. He may ledgedrop->jump->phantasm or ledgehop->phantasm, ledgedrop->walljump->turnaround laser->phantasm, possibly even Firebird stall. If you space yourself poorly near the edge, he can use his reflector out of a ledgehop to force you away. Oh, and also watch out for the phantasm cancels (hitting the edge of a stage a certain way where Falco is knocked out of the phantasm immediately, but can jump again). Most of these are just mindgames to force your hand, or to create a brief opening for him to recover. If you see him start his phantasm a little higher than the ledge- get ready with an N- or B-air and punish it.

Overall, you want most of the action to take place on, or near the ledge. At lower percents, you want to pin falco to the edge and force him off for a possible gimp. At higher percents (with you having the lead) you want to be on/at the edge/ledge so that you can plank him accordingly.

(8.2) Defragmentation Data:

A: Combo/Gimp
B: Ledge Camp
C: Ledge Camp

(8.3) Stages:
FD is a NO GO at all costs. Its too long and too flat, meaning that Falco can camp you all day if he feels like it. BAN IT, or at least strike it during your neutral selection.

Battlefield isn't near as bad. The shorter stage means less room for him to camp, and you have better platform options on both sides of the coin so that you can take advantage of being below, and handle being above much better than Falco.

Japes is definately not your counterpick of choice, in fact... BAN IT, as there are tons of phantasm trixies that Falco can do as soon as he gets a lead on you to outcamp you, and you are probably going to eat a spike from anywhere on the stage. While you can cancel it before you hit the water, you still run the risk of catching the Klap.

Frigate Orpheon is a pretty good choice for the sole fact that the ledgeless edge creates options for tons of gimps, the overall smallness of the stage limits the effectiveness of his laser camping, and the overall terrain makes it harder. Lylat is also a good CP or starting neutral for you, as its tilting can throw off the Falco's recover just slightly, and depending on the slant of the stage, are less prone to laser camping.

Neutrals: Battlefield, Lylat
Counterpicks: Frigate, Lylat
Ban/Avoid: Final Destination, Japes

(8.4) Specific Moves Guide:

Move:

Escape CG
D-air Spike (if failed to escape CG)
Jab Combo
U-tilt
N-air

(8.5) Zoning Guide:

(8.6) Frame Data:

(8.7) Conclusions:
Another super annoying matchup, and one that can lead to frustration. Falco can shut down most of ROBs approach options and rack up a hefty percentage while doing so. Not to mention, he has a near instant "escape" in the form of his phantasm that makes repeating it all over again incredibly easy. Both characters have a hard time killing one another, but ROB has the edge in terms of gimping possibilities and edgeguarding prowess. However, a good & smart Falco won't easily be gimped, and will make you work EXTREMELY hard for even the opportunity to edgeguard. This is a heavily stage dependant matchup!

(9.0) Marth

Essentially, a dead even matchup. ROB will rely on projectile use (what's new?) and a constant re-vamping of their "game within the game" in order to keep things fresh, whereas Marth relies heavily on perfect spacing. Unlike other matchups, both characters are able to score relatively early KO's on eachother. It comes down simply to just who plays smarter & better.

(9,1) Overall Strategy:

This is one matchup that it is essentially not to approach, or approach carelessly. ROB has a projectile, Marth does not. Nor does Marth have a reflector of any sort. That means, you can launch gyros and lasers to your hearts content in order to both force the Marth to approach, and to help slow down said approach (which you should be forcing Marth to do). However, you are going to want to keep your projectile patterns fresh by mixing in different laser angles and/or strengths, different gyro charges, and the frequency/order/ratio of gyro to laser spam. Marth is quite mobile in the air, and he should be able to easily navigate around predictable projectile patterns.

But, do not simply stand there and throw projectiles. Move around; forward and backwards, SH your projectiles (forward or backwards), glide toss backwards if you find yourself getting pressured too much. An important thing to note is that Marth relies on zoning, and spacing. Approaching aggressively while not properly setting up his zoning is a wasted, (usually) fruitless, and (almost always) reckless move from the Marth. You do not want him zone properly, as a Marth who has established himself properly is a formidable foe. Remaining stationary will only serve to make it easier for Marth to do so. By continually moving, your are forcing Marth to constantly re-position himself. (I know this isnt the "zoning discussion" section, but its such an important part of the matchup that it needs to be touched on).

In order to mask this "re-positioning", the Marth will cover himself with aerials that serve two purposes: 1) To bait you into action as he lands in his favorable zones with these whiffed aerials, and 2) to cover himself in the event that you start salivating and rush in. It is vital to understand this. Understand that Marth has to come to YOU. Theoretically, you could win the match without ever *physically* touching Marth, simply by continually pushing him outside (or inside) of his desired attack window and utilizing projectiles as a damage builder.

Marth will generally approach through the air, as his aerial mobility enables him to weave in and out in an offensive manner, as well as "bait-and-punish". If he starts his jump at the edge of your F-tilt range, your F-tilt will generally hit him before he fully leaves the ground. Angle it up, and its even better. ROB should never be shield-camping anyway (as his shield is horrendous), but this is one time where you want to make sure that you don't. Marth has too many options to whittle away your shield (safely), which can prompt you to throw out a desperation OoS F-tilt, which Marth will shield, and will punish either with a dancing blade or shield-breaker. The result: you eating a tippered F-smash or fully charged Shield-breaker for a KO.

Instead, powershield his approaches, and/or determine his pattern and act accordingly with your own spacing options; walking forward/backward and F-tilting, D-smashing if he spaces extremely poorly, F-smashing, or D-tilting him upon landing. Make sure not to get cornered near the ledge, as Marth can take advantage of this by setting up his zone, forcing you onto the ledge for breathing room (and can then camp the area near the ledge with his myriad of options), or baiting actions from you and punishing accordingly. If there is one part of the stage you don't want to be punished on, its the ledge.

In the event that Marth spaces poorly (within your F-tilt range), or approaches from the ground, an UPWARD ANGLED F-tilt from you can shut his game down. It outranges every ground option has (except for shieldbreaker; which you can expect/see coming & powershield accordingly.) Use that to your advantage. By utilizing your upward angled F-tilt, you can chain a few of them together at lower/mid percentages to force your way more solidly onto the stage.

However, once Marth gets in close, he isn't entirely inept. He can shield your D-smash & Dolphin Slash OoS. He can shield a D-tilt and grab or Dolphin Slash, and if you poorly space an F-tilt, you can expect a Dolphin slash as well. It is important to note that Marth can Dolphin Slash between the two hits of your jab "combo", so be wary of that. Essentially, Marth will use his Dolphin slash & Dancing blade at close range in order to put space (and a fair amount of it) between you and he, where he can then go about restructuring his zone.

Be prepared to see a LOT of dancing blade in this match, as it has relatively low start-up, and can push you away so that Marth can re-position himself into a more favorable zone. If this is the case, you can either DI up and back and escape, DI up and through to get to the other side and land a free hit, shieldgrab it, or powershiled into a D-tilt. Messing up any of these options can (and will) lead to the Marth stopping the "chain" and finishing with a Dolphin Slash. Also, be careful at higher percents, as the Marth may end the chain anyway and finish it with a Dolphin slash (especially a fresh one) for the KO (or at least set up for an edgeguard) if you are anywhere near the edge of the stage. But again, powershielding negates this options and leaves him vulnerable and easily punished.

Make a note that if Marth is walking (either to you, or away) he is setting up for an F-smash. Odds are, he will generally be spacing himself around that range anyway, but its something to watch out for- especially when you are at higher percents, and if you are flustered with the way the match is progressing. Behind behind, and at a high percent can lead anyone (and especially newer/lesser skilled) players into a bad state of mind where they feel they have to "do more" than normal. A competant Marth will take advantage of this by cooly walking away, and turn around to punish your mindless pursuit with an f-smash. Additionally, stutter-stepping works perfectly for Marth. Because he has such a small window to tip with an F-smash, every pixel becomes important. By starting a dash one way, he can cancel it with an F-smash that moved forward/backward by the margin of ground covered before the cancel. Also, be wary of a dashing Marth. Like all characters, they can dash at you, turn the other way, and F-smash the way they had been running. Again, this is useful for Marths due to the spacing options for their F-smash, as well as baiting you into walking directly into tipper range.

ROB is outranged in the air, as Marth's F-air reach just a smidge longer than your F-air, and come out quicker than your other aerials. However, if you space well and he doesn't, you should be able to sneak in and land an F-air of your own, especially if you you are diagonally above and descending (that is to say, Marth was attempting to hit your blind-spot with the tip of his F-air). As such, B-air is generally a good bet, so use it. Marth is considerably lighter, and relatively easy to gimp/edgeguard (which is where the majority of your kills will be coming from- more on that in a bit) so you don't have to worry about decaying it as much as you normally would. Save your N-air though!

For some reason, when playing Marths I feel that their N-air is more effective overall than their F-air, especially to punish rolling underneath them as they are in the air. Also, be careful about conditioning yourself to expect 2x F-airs all the time & shielding, as they can mix it up and throw in an N-air if you drop it thinking no 2nd F-air is coming, or land into a buffered grab if your shield is still up.

If you approach Marth through the air, you have to be EXTRA careful. He has SO many options to punish you blindly attacking his shield & spacing poorly. Dolphin Slash, shieldgrabs, dancing blade. He can also use this as a set-up to get you into the air. He can drop a shield after your aerial and U-tilt you which will force you into the air and often times over him. He can chase with a U-smash, U-air, F-smash (if he predicts your landing), F-air, N-air... almost his entire moveset.

Therefore, if you are forced to approach don't be predictable about it. Run up->shield, run up->spotdodge, SHAD, etc etc. Follow those up with an F-tilt, jab, grab, F-smash, or D-smash in varying amounts to keep it fresh. As I mentioned before, you probably have been utilizing your glide-tosses to keep yourself spaced away from Marth to continually force him to approach. This results in "conditioning" him to expect a backward toss, which will allow you to toss forward with much less risk. What's more, is that if the Marth is approaching with fullhops consistently, you can maybe sneak in a glide-toss to a U-smash for early KOs (very, VERY unlikely/situational, but it IS an option), or glide-toss under him to a turn-around F-smash.

I couldn't really think of anywhere else to put this, as it fits in so many facets of the matchup that it would seem redundant (and overly obvious) to place it in every portion. But, realize that "counter" is always an option for Marth, especially if you are overly predictable in your approaches and/or "follow-ups". It can wreak havoc on a glide-toss. If you see the Marth over-using counter (well, if that's the case you probably should be punishing the bejeesus out of him...) use it to your advantage. Bait it by using empty short-hops, or glide tossing your gyro down as you move forward, etc etc.

In terms of raw KO options, Marth has more options. Good Marths will save and space their F-smashes and U-smashes. If the Marth has been using his Dolphin Slash liberally as a means to not only deal damage, but to create space- be careful if you see them utilizing a lot of other moves where they had been using their Dolphin Slash (especially at higher percents) as this is a sign that they are attempting to refresh it for another viable KO option. Be wary of the shield-breaker, as a broken shield against Marth is a guaranteed KO anywhere past 50% on most stages.

Most of ROBs kills will be through effective edgeguarding (though a random U-smash can happen but by no means should you rely on it {like always, right?}). Edgeguarding Marth is relatively easy, due to the limited number of options he has in comparison to other characters. He has virtually NO horizontal recovery (aside from using Shieldbreaker to move forward, but it usually wont be used to GET the ledge), and his Dolphin Slash is stricly vertical.

Marth will inevitably be attempting to save his second jump at all costs. Instead of lasering immediately when he is near the KO window (attempting a baby laser snipe KO)- which he can airdodge if he is conditioned to expect it, wait until he starts his second jump and use it then. Although, Marth probably won't use his second jump until he has drifted down toward the stage a bit more. While Marth can swat you away with F-airs and N-airs if you attempt to over-pursue, simply falling with Marth as he descends, just outside of his F-air range can force his hand. Charge a gyro on the way down, and fire it either as he starts his second jump (if he saved it), or once he has reached a point where he NEEDS to do something. He can either get hit by it, catch it (by z-catching, or by attacking), or airdodge it. In situation 1, he may wind up getting KO'd, and at the least you can follow up with 1-2 F-airs to push him too far to recover. In situation 2, you can use your second jump before he can throw it at you. If he catches it by attacking, you can punish with F-air in his brief cooldown. If he airdodges it, you can again punish with a few f-airs to push him out of range.

Also, speed-hugging the ledge is crucial in this matchup. You don't know how many stocks I've "given back" simply because my ledge-hugging prowess wasn't up to snuff. There's always the chance for a spike, but the timing of it is incredibly tight. You can also run off the edge and do a falling N-air->double jump (and up+b if necc.) to pursue to squeeze in an F-air or two. Running of the ledge and timing a B-air to hit with its disjointedness as Marth up+b's works wonderfully if you time it correctly. At the very worst, the two will exchange hits, Marth gets stage spiked (barring a tech), ROB takes some damage and recovers. Again, throwing out lasers and gyros is effective. Even if they don't hit, they put something in Marth's recovery path that he has to navigate around. We all know that a B- or F-throw to fully charged laser can garner a nice KO as low as 75-90%. Additionally, glide-hugging (standing as close to the edge as possible facing toward the stage center->glidetoss backwards w/ gyro down->using the momentum to buffer a dash to ledgegrab which results in you grabbing the ledge immediately after dropping the gyro) works well here if timed properly. With you hanging on the ledge, Marth will recover onto the stage and eat the gyro, which enables you a longer window to punish+extra damage.

If Marth does get to a position to recover, and grabs the ledge- you have your standard options for keeping him there. Watch out for Dolphin Slashes that hit through the stage (but, if you feel really ballsy you can maybe spike him THROUGH the stage) and the "double Up+B" Marth can utilize by recovering, lightly touching the stage and Dolphin Slashing again.

But Marth is no edgeguarding slouch himself. He can make you run out of fuel if you take him lightly. However, his edgeguarding mostly will consist of dealing extra damage. If he is hanging on the ledge, watch out for ledge-dropped/hopped B-airs. They outrange you and are disjointed. F-smash and D-tilts over the edge, grabs when you get up, F-smashes when you roll. He can also venture out to sneak in a few F-airs to pester you even more. Recovering high is your best bet. While you run the risk of being spiked, you should be able to cancel it in enough time and make it back to the ledge before he does. And, if you are high enough, you should have it cancelled once you are parallell with the edge.

If you recover low, you might as well consider the stock gone. Marth can utilize ledge-hopped D-airs for a spike. Yes, you can cancel it but it forces you to recover (once again) from below, with a dented fuel supply. From there, ledgedropped F-airs or Dolphin slashes, can continually pester you until you eventually run out of fuel. While your U-air can deal with a lot of it, Marth's Dolphin Slash has invincibility frames so you he can hit you out of your U-air.

Despite how important the off-stage control is in this matchup, there is simply too many options/variables to take into account to really do it justice. It boils down to a chess-match, and who can utilize their available options the best while minimizing the options available to their opponent.

(9.2) Defragmentation Data:

A: Combo/Gimp

(9.3) Stages:
BF is definately a no-go. On BF, the platforms are so large, Marth has more room to navigate around your U-tilts, U-airs, U-smashes, and angled F-smashes while being able to capitalize on your being on a platform due to the fact that his U-tilt sweeps over the whole platform. Plus, these platforms completely obscure the ground, and making a safe landing here is much harder.

FD and SV are your best bets in terms of neutrals. FD provides you ample room to camp and maneuver, and lessens the ability of Marth to juggle you from underneath like on platformed stages. SV is a good stage overall, as the platform is large enough and mobile so that you can navigate around Marth's "underneath" game. Additionally, you can score early KO's by shieldgrabbing an aggressive Marth on the platform when its near the boundary on either side.

If these get stricken, then go for Lylat. The smaller platforms help you by limiting the amount of space Marth has to navigate around your "from underneath" game, whereas you don't suffer any more than on BF as his U-tilts cover the platforms anyway. Additionally, you get the bonus of being able to force him below the stage and creating a greater possibility that he traps himself under it.

In terms of counterpicks, Frigate and RC are good bets. Frigate, bc of the lack of a ledge, and because of an advantageous set-up to camp from. RC so as to take advantage of Marth's less than stellar recovery. Just watch out for U-smashes!

Ban BF (for reasons mentioned) or Norfair. On Norfair, Marth can take advantage of the ledges with his Dolphin Slash to abuse ledge invincibility to the max.

Neutrals: Final Destination, Smashville
Counterpicks: Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise
Ban/Avoid: Battlefield, Norfair

(9.4) Specific Moves Guide:

Move:

F-air Chain
Dancing Blade (finished with "Down" hit)
Dancing Blade (finished with "Up" hit)
Dancing Blade (finished with "Side" hit)

(9.5) Zoning Guide:

(9.6) Frame Data:

(9.7) Conclusions:
This matchup is about as close to even as you're going to get. It might be a smidge in Marth's favor, but stages can swing the advtantage to either side. Both characters have good edgeguarding capabilities; although with different aims (Marth to rack up damage, ROB to gimp). The two beat eachother out on the two "planes" of combat (ROB wins on the ground, Marth in the air), and both have the potential to kill early (ROB through gimps, and Marth through flat-out KOs). Don't let Marth set-up his zones by staying on the move (even if its just a small bit, even while camping), force him to come to you, and adjust your playstyle accordingly over and over throughout the match to keep him on his toes.

(10.0) Lucario

ROB v Lucario is an interesting matchup. Lucario has lingering, disjointed hitboxes, and gets STRONGER the more damage you rack up on him. Consider the fact that ROB can have a hard time killing, and you can see why this can be hard. However, Lucario is gimp-able. Not SUPER easy to gimp, but certainly far from the hardest.

(10.1) Overall Strategy:
In order to succeed in this matchup, you need to have the right mindset going in. Unlike a lot of other of ROBs matchups where you can win simply by "outlasting" the opponent, you HAVE to kill Lucario early. Lucario can NOT live past roughly 130% in this matchup. Reason being- he gets stronger as you tack more damage onto him. Therefore, the more damage he has on his percent meter, the stronger he is... and I mean, a lot stronger- which is bad for you.

Bearing that in mind, you can now actually PLAY the match, and revolve your game around getting early kills.

Lucario has some good options in terms of shutting down your approaches. His F-smash works as a brick wall, baby aura spheres can be shot to stun you when you get in melee range, and his F-airs can be used to retreat thanks to their lingering and disjointed hitboxes.

Therefore, you should be forcing Lucario to approach you. Baby aurasphere spam is one of the weakest forms of camping in the game. They are slow, follow a single trajectory, can easily be powershielded, do little damage and a short(ish) range before they fizzle out. However, if you place yourself directly in the line of fire and within their range, they can be annoying and CAN shut your camping game down, especially if you get hit by one, attempt to laser, get hit, attempt to gyro, get hit... you get the idea. They key is to place yourself out of range (on larger stages), or utilize fullhopped lasers & gyros to stay over the spheres, and land safely into a buffered shield in the gaps. A Lucario should *not* outcamp you.

However, Lucario has some generally safe approaches if you don't know how to handle them. He can utilize 2x F-airs, which you should shield and SH an F-air of your own out of your shield, timing it after the lingering hitbox disspears, but before the 2nd F-air. If he uses F-air to N-air, you can attempt the same as before (SH OoS after the F-air), or just roll away. Because N-air autocancels, you can usually expect a grab, forcepalm, jab, or even an F-smash if he drifted far back enough.

F-air to D-air; attack after the D-air, but before he touches the ground. Usually with a SH F-air OoS, Shieldgrab, jab, possibly an F-tilt (depending on whether or not the Lucario did the approach out of mere habit {not paying attention to spacing & is too far for it to hit}) or D-smash. The important thing to note is to do it after the D-air, but before he touches the ground.

He can also either SH D-airs in an attempt to poke- in which case you should just roll away, as it does autocancel and can lead into jabs/grabs/etc if you are still within range.

Regardless of what you do, or if they decide to F-air->DJ->____, don't chase him, as he's probably baiting you for a D-air. If you feel ballsy/quick, you can use a U-air or U-tilt, but by no means should you rely on it, or even attempt it often- as you are probably going to eat a D-air.

On the subject of D-air, make note that it stops pretty much all of his momenum after the initial hitstun. Think of it similarly to Fox's reflector. Lucario can stall in the air with his D-air to bait you into an action, and then punish accordingly. But, if the Lucario is silly with his D-airs, you can attempt to run up and U-smash him to teach him a lesson.

Once Lucario approaches (and is on the ground), he has a ton of options- especially when ROB is at lower percents. Jabs/jab-cancels, U- and sometimes D-tilts, D- and U-throws, and force palms all being & continue combos. Due to ROBs weight, once Lucario gets you in the air at low-midlow percents, you can be combo'd all over the place. Its important to note that Lucario can chain forcepalms together to form a CG, but you can jump+DI away from it after 15% or so. Also, you can grab-break the force-palm as you would a normal grab, you just

If you are stuck in this position (and you should really try to get out of there) use your jab to stun, and follow up with your D-tilt into either an F-tilt or grab- as they are basically your only options due to Lucario outspeeding almost all of your other options. Also, while on the ground- watch out for F-smash. The animation is odd, as the hit takes awhile to come out (comparitively) which can cause you to instinctively spot-dodge or shieldgrab, or drop your shiled- which means your going to eat the F-smash.

On the subject of F-smash, it isn't necc a kill move due to the way a lot of Lucarios use it (although it certainly can be if they want it to be, lol) as a punishment for ROB being vulnerable. Using it upon your landing, while you are on the ledge, while you have already committed to an approach (which you shouldn't really be doing here) are all viable options for Lucario.

In the air, things are a little awkward. Both ROB and Lucario's F-air are disjointed. Lucario's has the lingering hitbox, and also outranges ROBs by a smidge. However, if you get yours out faster, it will generally win. Your best bet in this matchup is to use B-air. It beats out Lucario's F- and B-airs, and punishes airdodges. This of course limits ROBs already less than stellar KO potential... so if you are going to use B-air, SAVE your N-air. I can't stress this enough LUCARIO HAS TO DIE WHEN AROUND 130-140%. A fresh N-air will accomplish this. A FRESH (or maybe a slightly) decayed one.

In terms of recovering, Lucario is (as I said) easier to gimp than most, but certainly not the easiest (we'll say somewhere around the middle). His D-air can be used to stall, up+B can be curved around an attacker, he is floaty enough with good enough jumps that he can often times make it back to the stage (maybe not ledge, but at least the stage), and can wall-cling.

The important thing to realize is that you aren't going to chain F-airs across the expanse off the stage for a 60% gimp. However, from a B-throw that is DI'd to the upper corner, you can ascend and harass him all the way down via rising F-airs, N-airs (which can kill him if he's at a high enough percent & close enough to the blastzone), and U-airs (providing he stopped using D-air to air-stall/slow his descent.) From there, you can F-air, reverse up+b, cancel it, drop down, F-air again, etc. etc. If he remains in a 45 degree angle and you are still in the stage (maybe you didnt have enough time to get to the stage edge to properly edgeguard), laser him. Fullcharged gyro and laser if he is even with the stage, partially/uncharged gyro and downward laser if he is below the ledge. This accomplishes two things: 1) Forcing him lower and lower and 2) Forcing him farther and farther away until his up+b is useless.

On the subject of wall-clinging. Lucario can actually scale walls with it. While this probably will never happen (as he is vulnerable during multiple ju,ps), it serves to show the effectiveness of it. However, his options out of a wallcling are limited. He can rising airdodge, and aerial. Of course, he can mix the two up. However, if you are on the stage near the edge, you can simply wait for whatever action Lucario takes and F-smash him afterward/between them/before them (depending on what Lucario does- of course). If you're feeling real ballsy, you can attempt a run off B-air for the stage spike, or a ledgedrop F-air (if you are on the ledge and he is clinging below).

IMO, it is essential you get one gimp (preferably two) like this at some time or other in the match- ideally when you were on the same stock with you having low/mid percents. If you're at a high percent, he can kill you after he reaches 40-50% on his next stock. Even with you at mid-percents, he is a dangerous KO threat once he reaches the 40-50% range if you have a stock lead on him. Therefore, its important to maximize the amount of damage he takes (and minimize what you take) before you get KO'd.

In regards to Lucario's edgeguarding, he has options as well. Aura spheres to harass you horizontally, D-airs (both to stall until you are in range, or to just straight out hit you, or to catch you in the vulnerable start-up of your Up+B), and F-airs. Once you get to the ledge, he can run off D-air or B-air you, and spam F-smash to catch ledgehoppers and those who roll up/jump/etc. If he's spamming F-smash, recognize the pattern/timing, and make your move between them. All in all, attempt to reocver high, but watch out for U-smash/tilt from below.

On a final note; a gyro sitting on the ground will eat a full-charged aura sphere, and neutralize baby spheres like it does most other projectiles. Using your >B to reflect a fully charged sphere is a great tool to surprise a Lucario with and can snag you a KO/heavy damage (if he's close enough so in the surprise he doesn't shield it). However, >B is really punishable if you do it too soon, and you'll eat the sphere for sure if you are too late. Its basically a guessing game... but if the Lucario has been holding a full-charged sphere for awhile, and you are at a high percent, there's no fault in assuming he's going to shoot it soon.

(10.2) Defragmentation Data:

A: Camp/Poke/Gimp

(10.3) Stages:
FD & SV are your best bet in terms of neutrals. FD is longer, and allows you mroe room to camp than the other neutrals. This also minimizes the amount of "underneath" **** you get from Lucario, and the lack of platforms means no "SH-->D-air" nonsense while your under a platform and he is on it.

Smashville is basically the same. The main stage is a bit shorter, but its still relatively easy to camp. The moving platform is large enough for you to maneuver on and allow punishment for when Lucario is there (see: SH->B-air while the stage is moving toward you and he tries to D-air through the platform where you were).

As far as CPs go, you can use RC because of the smallish zones and more open space to harass a recovering lucario. Frigate for the platform to camp under and ungrabable ledge which forces him to recover to the stage or wall-cling. Allows earlier kills of Lucario, meaning he won't live as long, meaning he won't be ridiculously strong as often. You can also take him to Japes to further outcamp him, and fuggz with his recovery in the water.

Neutrals: FD, SV
Counterpick: Japes, Frigate, RC
Ban: Castle Siege, Delphino?

(10.4) Specific Moves Guide:

Move:

Force Palm CG
F-air WoP

(10.5) Zoning Guide:

(10.6) Frame Data:

(10.7) Conclusions:
Its a tricky, odd, and sometimes slow-paced matchup. But, its a pretty darn even one. Outcamp Lucario while killing him early through a gimp in order to avoid his increased aura.

(11.0) Snake

This is a relatively even matchup. Both characters trump each other in different facets of game-play.

(3.1) Overall Strategy:
The one thing that you have to realize is that if the match takes place almost entirely on the ground, Snake will win 90% of the time. His F- and U-tilts are too good, his D-throw tech-chase can rack up damage and requires slightly less reading than other characters’ throw->techchase game due to the fact that a grenade, c4, or D-smash mine could be blocking one of your techroll options. Additionally, Snake can control SO much of any stage at any time through the use of his explosives, his mortar slide, and the range on his tilts. On smaller stages with platforms (Battlefield, for example) nearly the entire stage can be under Snake’s control.

Snake also lives to ridiculous percentages. A Snake with above-average DI can consistently live until 180%+ and seeing a Snake at 200% isn’t as uncommon as you would think. ROB has a limited number of outright KO options anyway, and so this makes killing Snake a chore.
In terms of what Snake will be doing: generally most will be grenade camping, using that as a method to create an opening that can quickly be closed with a mortar slide which can lead into various other things, notably tilts. If the Snake chooses to be “aggressive” (and I use that term loosely) watch out for a full f-tilt, jab->full f-tilt, jab->single hit f-tilt->grab->d-throw->tech chase and such. At close range, as a mix-up, the Snake will sometimes D-air OoS. If I am not mistaken, all of these hits can be powershielded individually, but it’s a chore. Additionally, look out for a full-hopped N-air OoS that he can use to space himself away from you, or counter you as you jump into the air. Additionally, be wary of his d-throw tech-chase game. By using a grab instead of a U-smash during the DACUS input, he can extend his grab range a smidge. And, at higher percents a predicted tech-roll will net a possible F-tilt or U-tilt KO depending on what you do and how well the Snake predicts it.

Be prepared for grenade-drop defenses which can wreck an otherwise safe approach, put you in the air looking for a safe place to land on a booby-trapped stage. Snake isn’t afraid of taking damage, as if you just consistently trade F-air or F-tilt+grenade damage (to Snake) with grenade damage (to ROB), Snake *will* win due to the discrepancy in KO ranges.

Snake has a top-notch edgeguarding game as well. It is vastly different than most other chars as he (generally) won’t go off-stage to guard you, but rather make returning safely to the edge one heck of a chore. Be wary of where he places his explosives, as a c4/d-smash combination spaced properly can negate your get-up, get-up attack, and roll-up. Throw the fact that Snake will be close to the edge and you have MORE things to worry about: U-tilting your ledge-hop, turn-around-f-tiling a get-up roll, grabbing/pivot grabbing depending on what you do (which enables tech-chasing shenanigans). Oh, there are mortars, too. It is important to note that the Snake can vary the charge times on the mortar to make them go higher/lower (which can limit your recovery) as well as causing them to drop at different intervals.
[FONT=&quot]As mentioned, Snake has a plethora of KO options as well as damage-rackers. Thanks to Wolydarg for fishing this out for us:

[/FONT]
Anywho, useful data:
Assuming C4/Mine not stale, no DI, FD, on the ground:
C4 kills ROB at 97%
Uncharged mine kills Rob at 123%
Fully charged mine kills ROB at 82%

Mine lasts 25 seconds
C4 lasts 27 seconds

Well, it's a lot of raw data here, but the general gist is that ~120% if they don't tech the stage they're likely going to die from C4 jump. This is dependent on DI and stalemoves, but it's a safe assumption that if they're 150% they're going to try to tech the stage if they're C4 jumping, which makes intercepting that much easier.

Assuming no DI, stale moves, from FD.
Uptilt = 106%
Downtilt = 138%

Grenades are on a 5 mississippi timer, this is heavily dependent on how fast you count personally, definitely get this down so that you can judge whether you should catch a nade or shield it.

Frame data
Aside from the KO data in the above quote-box, it is important to note the timing on the various explosives. Doing so will help stop you from getting hit by a surprise c4 explosion, and will help you decide what you can and can’t do with grenades (in terms of shielding vs catching). Also, make sure to familiarize yourself with the explosion ranges on each explosive. Another quick tip (should be common knowledge) but make sure to detonate the D-smash mine safely via laser/gyro/running onto it during your invincibility frames off respawn.
Now, as for what ROB can/should be doing in this matchup.

The most common methods of dealing with Snakes are to get him in the air early to get your (essentially) free percentage, and then camp him. Be varied with your approaches whenever you decide to approach, as a predictable or poorly executed approach will guarantee a swarm of tilts that will erase whatever lead you had in a heart beat. The goal however, is to make him approach you.
Once he does, and you know/have a good idea of what he intends to do, ROB has the tools to deal with it as long as they are employed intelligently. Your f-tilt outranges the first hit of his, however if you miss it or it gets shielded, he can use one of his own in the cool-down of yours.

Typically, you will be able to snag a free 60-70% from a ‘starting combo’, and the extra 25-30% isn’t that hard to tack on. However, once you get him past 110% or so, and hits start sending him away, you have an entirely different ballgame.
Once (or if, but you most likely will) you get into a camp-fest with Snake, you will either be winning it 90% of the time, or losing it 90% of the time. In the “camp-fest-scenario” make sure to aim your laser for his feet whenever you hear the “clink” of the grenade pin being pulled. If he shield-drops the grenade, it will blow up on him. Try to avoid the habit of “laser->gyro->laser” as the cool down+start-up as you transition between the two gives the Snake ample time to throw another grenade toward you (which you may inadvertently blow up on yourself with your second laser). Moral of the story, if it boils down to a campfest- be smart about your options. Just don’t fire your lasers and gyros all willy-nilly and hope for the best. Make sure each one has a purpose. And, as always, aim for where you think your opponent will be, NOT where he is (unless its clear he isn’t going to move).
As mentioned before, the goal is to get Snake in the air, off the stage (parallel or below, ideally), and snag a gimp. At low percents, a U-throw sets up quite nicely for some damage racking with very little risk associated with it (aside from the risks inherent to getting within jab/tilt range of Snake). D-smash at low percents if it isn’t DI’d out of can accomplish the same goal almost as well. From there, look for B- or F-throws to get him off the stage, or grab release if he is by the edge.
Once Snake is off the stage, he will almost immediately use his double jump (if he is anywhere close to parallel with it) and will up+B soon after. We will address that in a moment.

If you get a grab release, prepare for an aerial or airdodge from Snake that he will use to cover himself getting back on the stage. Counter it by anticipating it and hitting them out of it, or shielding and grabbing again. If you grab him before he hits the ground, his jump is stolen and then HAS to use his up+B (though a self-c4 isn’t out of the question). From there, things get considerably easier.
Also watch out and be ready for ANY cypher grab opportunities. They will come few and far between (if at all) and so you don’t want to waste them!
If you decide to F-throw/B-throw him off the edge, run toward the edge and jump up right before running off of it. This should allow you to F-air him if he tries to fall back toward the stage, B-air him if he tries to airdodge through you & back to the stage, as well as match his double jump with your own which will enable an f-air chain.
During his up+B make note of whether or not your f-air is stale. Only attacks that deal 7% with each individual hit will knock him out of it. If your f-air is staled, it may not knock him out of it, and you’ve wasted a gimp opportunity. In the event that your f-air is staled- if at all possible, avoid N-airs as they tend to send him UP as opposed to OUT which is where Snake WANTS to be hit toward. There is always the option of a point-blank laser if you’re other options are totally exhausted.
[FONT=&quot]Some more tips, as posted by Overswarm

[/FONT]
Your hope the entire time is to either footstool him or dair him. Your goal is to get him below you, because his options are then limited. Be careful not to footstool his up+b (he gets it back if you do).

If you spike him, he will always HAVE to up+b immediately afterwards. Always. If you can call his direction, you can spike him out of that, killing him.

If you footstool him or force him to up+b away from the stage, he'll C4.

That's your goal. Make him use his C4.

Once you know he has to use his C4, get BELOW him. He will drop his C4, and he won't detonate until he's on top of you. You have three options now:

1. Let him hit you with the C4, then nair.

This will kill him at higher %.

2. Do a rising up+b + dair through his C4, spiking him.

This will kill him at higher %.

Both are hard to land.

3. Fair him lots off the side and hope he dies
[FONT=&quot]
When Snake is recovering high, over the stage- there are some things you can do. However, ALL of them are risky. Against players with exceptional predictive abilities and who understand both character’s options, the risk will sometime outweigh the reward. If he recovers high, you can chase him with your desired combination/use of jump, double jump, and up+B. If this is the case, realize that these are the options

Snake:
Airdodge
Grenade defense
C4 Drop
C4 reversal
Grenade Reversal
D-air
U-air
B-air
N-air

ROB:
Rising U-air
Hovering U-air
Rising N-air
Hovering N-air
Rising B-air
Hovering B-air
Airdodge (if up+B has been cancelled)
Wavebouncing your gyro to move to either side
Wavebouncing your up+B to move to either side

On paper, the options seem to be pretty even. But, they are all dependant on prediction, timing, and spacing… all of which are hard to get “a hold on” when you are both that high in the air. If you succeed, Snake is most likely killed, if you fail… you just lost a stock at as little as 50%.
[/FONT]
U-air beats his aerials but leaves you vulnerable to c4s, grenades, reversed c4/grenades->aerials, and loses to his airdodge enabling a free U-air from Snake for the KO, and can be beaten by sheer speed by a fast-falled B- or D-air from Snake (I think?)

Rising N-air beats most of his aerials if spaced properly, but again leaves you vulnerable if he reversed to wind up behind you, or airdodged through it

Rising/Hovering B-air is your answer to his reversals, assuming you see it early enough and can pull it out before he uses his B-air (which hits at both the head and feet)

Airdodging frees you from his aerials, but can also leave you vulnerable to a falling U-air

Wavebouncing your gyro or up+B will get you out of the way of his D and U-airs but leaves you susceptible to his B-, N- airs, and the explosion of his c4
Using rising aerials is good for speed/masking/closing in, whereas hovering forces his hand first (generally) with the weakness of neither of you doing ANYTHING and you both returning to square one.

[FONT=&quot]As far as “On stage” combat vs Snake, here are some tips/strats as posted by Overswarm:

[/FONT]
On the stage

Glide toss to grab is a combo unless he powershields or you mess up your spacing. I'm not very good at the spacing, but if you practice it you can glide toss a gyro, grab him, then throw him off the stage. This sets off some nice edgeguarding opportunities!

Glide tossing down or up is a good way to move quickly while keeping your gyro. This can be used to u-smash a lot.

Stay away from Snake as often as you can. His d-throw tech chase is ridiculous, and boarding the platforms doesn't work too well here. If he's on top of you, a mix-up of jabs, d-smash, spot dodge, roll, or even side-b for a shield poke should be used.

Your laser can blow up his grenades when he's holding them. Make sure he can't tell if you're going to laser by randomly ducking; it almost always baits the grenade throw, and you can then just shield the nade or spot dodge it.

Keep your gyro on the ground. This prevents him from walking around with immunity, and if he snake-dashes he picks up the gyro. This is good for you, because he no longer has any ground attacks worht mentioning! Once he has the gyro do not shield. This is your time to go on full out offense, because he can't do very much at all against you. If he hits you with the gyro, no big deal.

Your u-tilt is probably underused, but it is your best friend on a falling Snake. I just recently started using this, but it goes through ALL of his aerials and sets you up for more u-tilts, u-airs, and if he air dodges, a nair or bair. It can be VERY frustrating for a Snake player if you space the u-tilt to hit him with the very tip, because if you do he can't air dodge through two of them and it constantly resets itself.

Killing Snake

When Snake hits 120%, keep your gyro and laser charged whenever possible. You've played Ally enough to know he's comfortable up+bing straight up, C4ing, then up+bing again to recover high. When he does this, he's predicatable. Your laser and gyro can both kill him at this % offstage, so use those to get good KOs.

Your u-throw won't kill him, but it sets him up for dangerous aerial battles. You HAVE to be aggressive with your nairs. You aren't nairing on stage, your nairing HIGH up. Snake is at kill % starting around 70% for ROB. All you have to do is make him up+b or u-throw him high enough, then chase him with your up+b and nair him. It is dangerous, but you have the advantage.

Glide toss to up+b was originally dismissed as useless.... but against Snake, it can be a great way to catch up to him once you throw him off the stage. Practice it a bit! You can glide toss your gyro then up+b and it launches you an incredible distance forward. You still have your second jump, so fair immediately after the up+b and use your second jump to catch up with Snake. It makes edgeguarding incredibly fast if you have a gyro handy.

Gyro tricks

Other than the things mentioned above, here are a few super awesome tricks:

1. Hold down A while holding a gyro

This allows you to do your f-smash while holding a gyro. Due to f-smash's low cooldown, you can f-smash while holding a gyro, glide toss, and then f-smash or d-smash with a shield poke!

2. Z dropping gyro

Glide tossing isn't the only thing you can do. Z-drop your gyro onto Snake's shield and then fair. You'll grab the gyro again, and can throw it or z-drop and follow it up with a jab or d-smash shield poke. It's tricky, but fun.

Also, z-dropping your gyro cancels out Snake's u-tilt! This makes approaches from above a lot safer. I've been trying to find ways to z-drop and shield poke with a nair, but the spacing seems impossible. You have to be close to z-drop and far away to nair shield poke, and it gives Snake too much time to react.

(11.2) Defragmentation Data:

A: Combo/Camp/Gimp
B: Combo/Camp
D: Camp
E+: Kill

(11.3) Stages:
Snake does well on most of the neutrals, especially BF. Make sure to strike it. Odds are, you are going to wind up playing on Smashville for your first match.
Look for Halberd or BF to be CP’d by Snake, and ban whichever you prefer.

Neutrals:
FD
Counterpick:
Japes, Rainbow Cruise
Ban/Avoid
: BF, Halberd

(11.4) Specific Moves Guide:

Move:

N-air:
Jab Combo:
F-tilt:

(11.5) Zoning Guide:
[FONT=&quot]Once the zoning discussion gets started, information and screenshots will be placed here.[/FONT]

(11.6) Frame Data:

(11.7) Conclusion:
[FONT=&quot]A pretty touch matchup that is essentially even. As mentioned before, Snake lives to ridiculous percents generally, and ROB has a tough time killing. Think of each stock as a “stock within a stock”. Lower percents you work on taking advantage of opportunities to rack up damage, you can be a slight bit more aggressive. At higher percents, focus on being safe and looking for KO opportunities. Generally, its pretty even but on some stages (Brinstar/BF) it can be a hassle for you and on others (RC, FD) it can be a hassle for him.[/FONT]

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
now THAT is a character matchup synopsis... great shiz Dull =)
I also liked the comparison of frame data and am looking forward to seeing the DI section

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Shouldn't all of the synopsizes be on the first post so that they're difficult to find?
If I'm not mistaken, there is only a limited amount of room, and it would take LOTS of space to add all the characters. At the bottom of the first post there is a small section which tells what post number it is. I would say what page, but they are diff depending on what # of posts you have set per page.

Just go to your user control panel and see how many posts per page, do a little bit of math, and boom, you're there.

However, if i'm wrong about there being a limited amount of space, then I will GLADLY move it all to the first post.

OneGreyWolf

Smash Apprentice
Dude, great job on these match-ups!
I was wondering, though, if you could do one for Diddy?
If it's not too much trouble. ._.'

Kips

Smash Ace
Maybe during the collaboration suggested in the first thread DuLL_RaZer put up we should do more discussion to make these. Sitting back and letting him do all the work doesn't seem right, haha.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Maybe during the collaboration suggested in the first thread DuLL_RaZer put up we should do more discussion to make these. Sitting back and letting him do all the work doesn't seem right, haha.
These really aren't that much trouble to make. Its just cross-referencing each character boards discussions on the matchup and stages, using what is mentioned in both in terms of the basics of the matchup, and then adding what other ROBs have said to combat certain things. Frame data is essentially copy/pasted.

Dude, great job on these match-ups!
I was wondering, though, if you could do one for Diddy?
If it's not too much trouble. ._.'
Diddy will come up soon. At the moment, I want to get the toughest of ROBs matchups out of the way, as well as get the ones with the most information available done.

Working on DDD's at the moment.

Sudai

Stuff here
Dull, add them all to the first post. If you need more room, just let me know and I can fix it so you have the second, third, fourth, and etc. post.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Dull, add them all to the first post. If you need more room, just let me know and I can fix it so you have the second, third, fourth, and etc. post.
Will do. I'll do it now. :)

Also, I'll clean up the formatting of the first post in a bit. Im working on the DDD synopsis, and will clean it up after I post that.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
What's up with the color system instead of ratios?
Because ratios are absolutely silly insomuch that they are more or less arbitrarily picked, and are only comparable against themselves, with no real "definition" of each ratio that can be agreed upon. Essentially, the minute differences between ratio numbers don't MEAN anything in terms of transposing them into concrete internalization. Not to mention, most discussion revolves around silly disputes about almost insignificant differences in numbers. I think its far easier for people to agree on a "range" as represented by a color, as opposed a specific label. Also, internalizing a color-code can put you in a proper mindset for what you need to do/approach the matchup (if internalized properly) vs concrete numbers.

Saying: "This is a yellow matchup. This is essentially even, so I need to just OUTPLAY my opponent- though I do have a margin of error"

or

"This is a light green. Ive got the edge, I just have to play smart, and well. My margin of error is greater than his. I'm in a confident, but alert mindset."

Ideally, I would have limited it to Black(made especially for MK), Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue; but I had a feeling that people wanted something a bit more specific. I may still do that, depending on the amount of disagreement/agreement with the color system.

If you want to internalize the colors in terms of ratios, cross-reference your own perceptions+others given ratios with the color codes.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I don't recall anyone saying BF is a bad stage to take Dedede. And, well, Diddy on FD... That's just silly.

Because ratios are absolutely silly insomuch that they are more or less arbitrarily picked... Also, internalizing a color-code can put you in a proper mindset for what you need to do/approach the matchup (if internalized properly) vs concrete numbers.
With as specific as we're getting with the colors, it's not much different than just using match-up ratio numbers anyway. Arguing between a "light orange" and an "orange" is much like arguing "45:55" versus "40:60" (or perhaps an even smaller spread).

Sudai

Stuff here
I'd recommend using a different match-up chart, btw. That was is in the Tier list 1.0 order. Using a chart that's in Tier List 2.0's order would probably be a good idea. :x

Landry

Smash Ace
We definitely need a Snake matchup. He's probably my favorite character to play against just because the matches always seem to play a bit like a chess match.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Complete Character Matchup Synopses: DK added. (Will change chart & + pic soon)

I'd recommend using a different match-up chart, btw. That was is in the Tier list 1.0 order. Using a chart that's in Tier List 2.0's order would probably be a good idea. :x
I really wasn't paying much attention to the order the characters were arranged in, just that they were all there. LoL. But, I'll see if I can add some stuff to it.

I don't recall anyone saying BF is a bad stage to take Dedede. And, well, Diddy on FD... That's just silly.

With as specific as we're getting with the colors, it's not much different than just using match-up ratio numbers anyway. Arguing between a "light orange" and an "orange" is much like arguing "45:55" versus "40:60" (or perhaps an even smaller spread).
H/O lemme peruse the matchup discussions on both boards and I will quote accordingly. Also the "Ban BF" or whatever, is listed there for stage striking purposes, as there are better stages to get as your initial neutral... although if I somehow read the discussions incorrectly and enough people want it changed- then by all means I will. :)

On the subject of Diddy & taking him to FD, I noticed that FD was thrown out there as more favorable a neutral than BF.

55-45 ROB imo, because Diddy can't really do much when being camped. This is one of those times you'd want to go to BF instead of FD, Diddy players.
Checkmate. A near-perfect assessment that resonates with my personal reasoning. I love Battlefield anyway, but it will always be my stage of preference against any ROB player.
There wasn't much in terms of stage discussion that I saw, so I pulled that out and offered it as a viable option, hence why I added the "personal preference" portion. I myself do better against Diddy's on FD, and a Florida diddy (GameDragonX) actually CP'd BF against me bc he felt more comfortable there; so- there must be SOMETHING there that is worth mentioning.

On the subject of color codes; the colors are easier on the eyes, and as I mentioned before you can internalize them much better. People associate blue with something calm, peaceful. In a matchup highly in ROBs favor that he basically should never lose, that is the sort of mindset you should be in; calm, relaxed, confident. Red is associated with danger... and so you should go into it with that same mindset. Yellow with caution, etc etc. Essentially, you already connotate these colors with a mindset, and the associated mindset is basically the type you should have in the respective matchups.

Like I said before, I'm perfectly fine with dimming it down to black/red/orange/yellow/green/blue, and would actually prefer that- a simple "HOSNIP BAD", "baaad", "Not too bad", "Pretty even" "pretty good" 'reallly good" association. Like I told Ruse, feel free to cross-reference the colors with the matchup ratios you've already internalized. And again, if more people want it changed (less colors, or the addition of ratios) then I'll be happy to. :)

Sudai

Stuff here
I've always been a fan of colors+numbers (my way of doing it was bad, admittedly. lawl) because some people do internalize abstracts better, but some people internalize raw data better, sooo, why not cater to both?

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
I am going to go through and add ratios to the color coded matchups today. However, since the colors represents "ranges", there are several ways to handle it:

1) Use the averages compiled by Darth Waffles, but throwing out the two most extreme values.
2) Providing a range, which would coincide with the "range" the colors were meant to incorporate
Black: 30/70-40/60
Red: 35/65- 40/60
Orange: 40/60-45/55
Light Orange: 45/55 -49/51
Yellow: 50/50
Light Green: 51/49-55/45
Green: 55/45-60/40
Blue: 60/40+

or, we could drop the "light Orange" and "light green" to give us:

Black: 30/70-40/60 : EXTREME Disadvantage
Red: 35/65- 40/60 : BIG Disadvantage
Orange: 40-60-45/55 : Disadvantage
Yellow: 45/55-55/45 : Toss-up
Green: 55/45-60-40 : Advantage
Blue: 60/40+ : BIG Advantage

3) Pick the most frequent ratio given

Your thoughts?

Ruse

Fox
Black (like Sakurai's heart): 30-70 (or we could just use MK's face :metaknight:)
Red: 35-65
Orange: 40-60
Yellow: 45-55/50-50/55-55
Green: 60-40
Blue: 65-35
White: 70-30 (also known as Ice Climbers)

^ imo

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Watch Armada against ROB's reaper to pick up some little nuances of the match up from a smart player.

ROB is telegraphed as **** in the air. He's got a blind spot the size of the moon underneath him thanks to his slow starting and punishable cooldown D Air and equally slow starting N Air. Sheik's U Air therefore manages to carve a niche in this matchup. F Tilt ender, aerial intercept or even a pseudo juggle trap. U Tilt also becomes more applicable because of this.

As far as killing, ROB actually has trouble. Primary kill moves will be F Smash (mediocre in every sense), N Air (telegraphed, slow startup and cooldown), B Air (less punishable due to it's propelling attribute) but is compensated by easier to see coming e.g. he'll have his back to you lol. D Smash is SDIable and it'll be as decayed as a two month old apple considering how ROB's spam it as a close range option. Your killing is pretty typical, big surprise but F Tilt to U Smash is your best option. That's especially important in this matchup because otherwise ROB can live a LONG time, heavy weight with a very good recovery.

Think of ROB close up of having two zones. There's the space just outside him where his F Tilt and D Tilt can space and you have trouble getting inside. But just past that range is where Sheik wants to be, where you can overwhelm ROB with your attack speed and he finds himself much more limited to the stereotypical spotdodge D Smash spam. D Smash can be shielded and punished and if you do hit it's, as I've said, SDIable (you should also learn to consistently SDI ROB's U Air). Soon as you get that F Tilt, he's in the air up close and there's **** all he can do about it.

ROB can outcamp you so you have to approach, but don't think of needles as simply a camping tool. They're still used for that easy 18%. As far as ROB's camping is concerned, running shield, SHAD, Brawl sheild mechanics rule. Laser's a constant annoyance but with good reactions it's impact is significantly lessened. Deal with Gyro the same. When ROB has the gyro, whilst it grants him a great glide toss and a good projectile, bear in mind whilst holding it that's all he has.

ROB's edgeguarding is great thanks to his B Up, F Air and B Air. Your primary aim is to stay off the edge completely, but in the event you do, DI high and get back on with minimalised risk. When knocked off with low knockback, chain near immediately before he's protecting the edge. Vanish is your last resort for recovery, it'll get punished hard. When ROB's recovering with Up B, he can't airdodge so single F/B/ N Air's to back to edge/stage and rinse repeat mean it's possible to build some effective damage, but it's doubtful you'll get the gimp.
A post I made a couple of days ago on the Sheik vs ROB matchup, tell me if you feel anything needs correcting, or just use it as food for thought.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Pft, I remember when you told me you were recently picking up ROB..
Look at you now! Good job on this man, keep it up.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
do realize dat squirtle can easily beat da crap out of r.o.b.? he's a big target!!!
I just beat reflex 's PT( has arguably the best PT on the EC), you just have to camp extra hard and create a wall with Ftilt. He has no real approach against it (- his super hyphen thing but if you can expect it you can PS and punish.) Smash DI the U-tilt + U-air chain and don't be predictable with ADs.... Squirtile is extra light so he dies at lower %s to fsmash/nair. + He has a god awful recovery so gimping is super easy... Squirtle has his u-tilt u-air chains. and a respectable Upsmash and jab combos.. I wouldnt say Squirtle has the advantage, its more 60-40 in Robs favor (But PT in general is hindered by Ivy imo. if ivy is off the stage its -1 stock.)

Top Bottom