• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compitive 3.5 sonic?

Sonic94

Smash Apprentice
I can't seem to find anything good on how a compititive 3.5 sonic should play.
What are sonics combos?
What is sonics combo throw?
How do you grab cancel the side b?
How should you be using his down b?
What are sonics best killing options?
What should be the general playstyle of sonic?

Please do not post that guide by awaken the bear as I have already seen it and I am looking for something more in depth.

Vultron

Smash Apprentice
We are currently in 3.6b, and an in-depth guide is coming soon.

In the mean time you should watch any videos you find in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/blas...ic-video-thread-critique-thread.331677/page-7 and forward.

Sonic's combos really depend on how you play the game. He doesn't really have that much bread and butter aside from stuff like DownB -> Aerial or DownTilt -> UpTilt -> Grab, because of how many options he has.

Sonic's best throws are UpThrow because it leads into any Aerial, and DownThrow for tech chasing.

Start SideB, when Sonic flashes you jump cancel grab (Jump Button, then Grab Button, it's about a ~3 frame window so you have to be fast)

Don't use it as an approach. It's not good for that anymore. Best thing to do is use it a high percent punish into the Sonic 3 combo (DownB -> Jump -> Nair)

Nair, Dair, Dair Spike, Bair, Fair Meteor, Baseball Slide kick out of SideB, Spring gimps, Homing Attack gimps, FSmash, DSmash, Sometimes USmash.

Bait and Punish, Sonic is really good at running around. Dashdance close by, wait for your opponent to throw out a punishable move, and punish it.

Really though, Watch Bear's guide, read up on the Smashboards and watch vidoes that are more recent than ~December.

Top Bottom