• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Compiling SFX and GFX Codes (Melee Modding via Crazy Hand)

Gunner Toad

Smash Rookie
So I'm using Crazy Hand to mod in random stuff to my 20XX ISO and as I'm looking over all the different settings and I see that you can swap GFX (graphic effects) and SFX (sound effects). So I went online to see if there were any lists for any sound or graphical effect to it's corresponding code, so that I could try it for myself, and...nothing. I couldn't find any list for SFX and GFX IDs. Which is unfortunate, because I think a lot of other modders could benefit from list like that. I've been able to find a few different codes for certain things, like sound clips, but nothing major or on a larger scale.
So...I know it's a lot of work, but would anyone who's more proficient in modding Melee and accessing/reading its files be willing to help me compile a spreadsheet or list? It would be greatly appreciated.

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Itaru’s got some notes in the spoiler at the top of his post about moveset syntax.
I also still use this video on occasion just to preview most of the available GFX at a glance.

For SFX, there’s also this SFX ID tester code from Dan. If you download Memory Engine -- then you can use the dmw file I’ve included as an attachment. When used with Dan's SFX code, It will let you preview the SFX ID of each sound effect played in the game, which is useful during sound test.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gunner Toad

Smash Rookie
Itaru’s got some notes in the spoiler at the top of his post about moveset syntax.
I also still use this video on occasion just to preview most of the available GFX at a glance.

For SFX, there’s also this SFX ID tester code from Dan. If you download Memory Engine -- then you can use the dmw file I’ve included as an attachment. When used with Dan's SFX code, It will let you preview the SFX ID of each sound effect played in the game, which is useful during sound test.
Alright, I'll check it out. Thanks, this'll help out a lot.

Top Bottom