• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Star Fox Assault

HAXage

Smash Rookie
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/561297/53624
http://sfacorner.19.forumer.com

^ copy+paste links

just wanted to post this to find out if anyone would be interested in playing SF:A competitively as it is, upon careful examination, a really great game. there was actually a thread earlier where someone referenced the forum shown above, but i thought i might as well bring this up again since the old topic died.

anyway, what do you think? i think it has the potential to be a great game... only problem is people don't seem too keen on playing it like it should (in my opinion) be played... :ohwell:

Darkslash

Smash Master
I think there was a thread on this some where. on page 2. Ohh well SF:A had Potential but Wolf is too badass he beats the crap out of Star Fox :p

HAXage

Smash Rookie
hell, that's an easy fix... ban wolf.

or didn't you check out the second link?

DethToll

Smash Cadet
Sounds like there is an SFA community, that people are part of, but not many of said people realise it exists...maybe this thread has purpose.

The other five characters are kind of equal once you take out Wolf and vehicles.

HAXage

Smash Rookie
well, i was aware that people liked this game, but didn't know that some thought it had competitive potential

i guess Deth_ToLL doesn't count as he's a mod on Lylat Systems, but whatever. : P

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I can't imagine it being a competitive game. It just doesn't seem to work with me.

HAXage

Smash Rookie
I can't imagine it being a competitive game. It just doesn't seem to work with me.
i can appreciate that some aspects of it are limited (such as having small selections of characters, etc.) but other than that, is there any specific point you can put your finger on?

the characters/stages are balanced (well, using the standards Toll and I drew up) and it's not like it's not fun to play, so what else?

anyway, watch a few of my videos on YouTube (youtube.com/haxage) and see if it still doesn't work for you.

Szion

Smash Journeyman
I'd be down. love the game. got a savefile with all the maps weapons etc unlocked. obv wolf is banned, but what about peppy?

Top Bottom