• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Sonic General Overview (video)

Competitive Sonic General Overview (video)

Awaken The Bear

Smash Rookie
Awaken The Bear submitted a new guide:

Competitive Sonic General Overview (video) - A video where I breakdown most of the Sonic Mechanics needed to take him to competitive play.

I figured I would make this guide to help out people who are trying to learn Sonic and don't know where to look. It runs a little shy of 45 minutes so I added a table of contents into the video description to help you jump to parts of interest. I'm not the greatest authority on the game but I feel like I have a solid enough understanding of Sonic to consolidate most Sonic tips and tricks into one video. I hope you find it to be helpful.
Read more about this guide...

Luk

Smash Journeyman
Nice guide. Fairly comprehensive on his basics. I'd love to see a followup guide with common combos/techniques.

The only thing that I'd consider "basic" that's missing is the difference between his normal side-b vs quick-tap side-b (the version where he doesn't hop at the start). Otherwise, great stuff!

Mugutu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mugutu
Exactly what I was looking for as someone new to PM and as a Smash 4 Sonic main. Thanks!

Hurrikane

Smash Rookie
I'm looking forward to the updated video. Others have already mentioned everything I know that you missed, but I learned a lot from your video. I'm coming for you, Marth mains!

Top Bottom