• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Melee Newcomers

Omegaspike_

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm trying to get into competitive melee, but I cant really seem to be able to find any small tournaments or anything to get a start on. Does anyone know any?

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Join your local scenes Facebook group, check the tournament section on Smashboards and if your PC can emulate the game well you could try netplay. And if you wan to practice alone get the 20XX hack pack.

Omegaspike_

Smash Rookie
I've heard you can only use the 20xx hack pack on the wii and I have the gamecube version of melee. and does it do something different with cpus to make it better practice? Sorry I haven't heard too much about 20xx hack pack.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
20XX improves the Cpu and there are certain actions you can make it do like Falco SHL so you can practice against those techniques. To get the 20XX hack pack you just need an
Hacked Wii, Gamecube usb game loader (i personally use Nintendont). Then you just need an Melee Iso and the 20XX files to make the 20XX iso. Shouldn't be too hard if you search for tutorials. I also believe they're trying to find a way to have the ability to load 20XX with only a memory card on your gamecube.

Omegaspike_

Smash Rookie
Ok, I might not get it now then because I don't wanna hack my wii/gamecube now.

Top Bottom