• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive Kirby Air Ride

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Banned via Warnings
Is it possible?
It's such a fun game with interesting attributes, is sort of a fighter in its own way, is it possible?
Hell I'd make a subreddit/forum for this.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You could try, but I don't see it going anywhere.

Don't get me wrong, Kirby Air Ride is a fun game, City Trial was fantastic, but I don't see a competitive scene developing at all.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I think that there are multiple tactics and item routes that could be used to make you have a better chance of getting good items, but the machines you find and items you get are ultimately completely random. In addition, there are numerous physics exploits we would have to ban (such as the Boot Star Jump) as it would be an automatic win if someone gets lucky enough to get a certain event with a specific star. I see little future for competitive Air Ride.

InFury Z.

Smash Rookie
You were pretty early for thinking about competitive kar. I just got into competitive kar on Netplay. Yeah, there is a modding + Netplay community for the game. We play it online on pc via Dolphin emulator against each other, usually using USB controller.

We've edited some game aspects to balance it a little, like running speed when off vehicle and banning Target Flight, adding rear view, just some little things.
The community already hosted 2 tournaments. Check this out https://www.kirbyairri.de/wsnpo2.html
Yeah the luck aspect is a thing, but that's just how it is. It's a small factor tho. The game is pretty fun in competition and there is a LOT of practice / skill involved, rather than luck.

InFury Z.

Smash Rookie
Hey there is gonna be a major tournament, 2020 July 18th. 'KWS Netplay Open 3'.
City Trial of course.
Hosted by: Kirby Workshop Discord

Top Bottom