• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Competitive Character Impressions 2.0

?

• Total voters

Megamang

Smash Lord
I think Usmash is the topic of complaint because of how aerial this game is. The invincibility, speed, and safety leads to situations where you space something and it clanks then you die. D-smash is absurd, but you can jump over it... which is probably a big part of your gameplan anyways, though GaW thrives on anti airing anyways.

They of course work really well together, and its a solid smash move that most characters would absolutely love to have... but if it gets hopped over, you're getting hit, and GaW only gets a few of those per stock.

Its another reason Palu just smacks you through your hitboxes frequently/its hard to predict... she has access to it in the air and on the ground. She can even land from a fair and dash attack, meaning you aren't safe from invincibility even in front of you.

Rizen

Smash Legend
:ultgnw:'s Usmash is one of those slow to start but little endlag moves. It's a hard read at frame 21 but also a fairly safe read. The hit box is generous for the animation and a good anti-air but can't even reach BF's platforms. It has good kill power at least. It's terrible OoS but G&W doesn't need a Usmash OoS with his upB. The safety saves it from being a terrible move but most characters have better Usmashes. I agree with who ever said Dsmash is the one to watch out for.

Honestly his upB is what's crazy good. It's extremely fast at f3, puts the opponent in position for Uairs and is a get out of jail free card that doesn't cause freefalling.

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
So, with Genesis going on, here's the question.
Will someone finally take out MkLeo and keep him from a Grand Finals for the first time since Season 1?
Or are we just going to watch as he stomps yet another S Tier.
We'll have to wait and see I suppose.

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
EVO japan Upset Train

Etsuji:ultlucina:> Abadanago:ultwario::ultpalutena:
Trigger:ultsimon: > T:ultlink:
FSann:ultness:> Kirihara:ultrosalina:
HIKARU:ultridley::ultpokemontrainer:> Nietono:ultpichu:
ANTI :ultmario::ultsnake:> Eim:ultjoker:
Natsu:ultdk:> Tsu:ultlucario::ult_terry:
Bokinchan:ultike:> Some:ultgreninja:
Lycopis:ultcorrin:> Brood:ultbanjokazooie:
Murasat:ulticeclimbers:> Mao:ultlucina:
AyaLin:ultdaisy:> Ri-ma:ultjoker:
Nyanko:ultpokemontrainer:>Takara:ultken:
Compact:ultpalutena:>RAIN:ultjoker:
Helix:ulticeclimbers:>Masha:ultwolf:

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Judging by what is happening with EVO Japan, the Palu train is absolutely rolling now at all corners of the globe. Both Jagaimo (whom has beaten Zackray before, from my understanding) and Compact have made it deep into bracket. The latter has defeated Nietono and DoubleA, the former has defeated Kameme and Gackt.

The level of dominance in the form of presence in tournament, along with the amount of success the character has along with this form of dominance is converting me to believe that Palu deserves talks on being more than just a Top 5 character.

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Top 8 EVO Japan:

Winner's Side:

Kome :ultshulk: vs. Tea :ultpacman:
Paseriman :ultfox: vs. Shuton :ultolimar:

Loser's Side:

Zackray :ultrob::ultjoker: vs. KEN :ultsonic:
shky :ultzss: vs. Raito :ultduckhunt:

This notably marks the first time we've ever had a :ultsonic: and :ultshulk: at a Top 8 at an S Tier event. Also, Paseriman, who was seeded 60th, is guaranteed 5th place. This guy must've had some of that power-up juice Maister had because only a couple months ago he wasn't even breaking top 24 at A/B Tiers. Now, between this and winning a B Tier not too long ago, he's pretty much on top.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Judging by what is happening with EVO Japan, the Palu train is absolutely rolling now at all corners of the globe. Both Jagaimo (whom has beaten Zackray before, from my understanding) and Compact have made it deep into bracket. The latter has defeated Nietono and DoubleA, the former has defeated Kameme and Gackt.

The level of dominance in the form of presence in tournament, along with the amount of success the character has along with this form of dominance is converting me to believe that Palu deserves talks on being more than just a Top 5 character.

Well Palu is considered top 5, but now likely Top 3, In my opinion its :ultjoker::ultpalutena::ultwario: Unless she gets nerfed in the 7.0.0 patch she will likey stay there

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hey, Greninja people:

Based on this thread and the EVO Japan thread, Bokin-chan beat both Some and Lea. My general understanding is that while its certainly not an unwinnable fight for Ike, its not even either. And I know both Some and Lea are fairly good Greninjas.

Any clue what happened there? I haven't been able to watch any because of my work schedule. Matchup unfamiliarity, or Bokin-chan leveraging something different in the MU?

---

Also if Palutena doesn't get at least a light tap in 7.0.0 I find it unlikely she escapes untouched next balancing patch. As has been pointed out was already pretty much a lock for top 5 and her results keep improving. They tend to like to hit the top 3 or 5 characters with minor nerfs once its been established that they're up there (like Wolf and Pichu).

ReVerbIsSuperb

Smash Cadet
Hey, Greninja people:

Based on this thread and the EVO Japan thread, Bokin-chan beat both Some and Lea. My general understanding is that while its certainly not an unwinnable fight for Ike, its not even either. And I know both Some and Lea are fairly good Greninjas.

Any clue what happened there? I haven't been able to watch any because of my work schedule. Matchup unfamiliarity, or Bokin-chan leveraging something different in the MU?
I wasn't able to watch it myself either (not even sure they were necessarily on stream to begin with), but judging from what I've noticed from JP Greninja in the past, I can imagine overshielding and a lack of offstage edgeguarding were their downfall. I definitely agree with your assessment that Greninja wins but it takes a bit of finesse to make it work if you don't adjust the way you play, not to mention given how lightweight Greninja is mistakes are costly.

Especially in this MU, trying to run up shield everything or not parrying enough are very detrimental when you consider how much control Ike can get just by tossing out Nair due to Greninja's OOS. If you aren't keen at stuffing Ike's jumps or whiff punishing, he gets to use this move for free and the risk vs reward is heavily skewed in his favor.

Venia has analyzed Lea's sets plenty of times before, but the most recent example of when he compared Lea and himself vs Goblin really stood out to me. He appreciates Lea's play a lot and feels they think quite similarly overall, just with contrasting playstyles (Aggressive vs Defensive). What he doesn't like is how much Lea relies on shielding everything however because it does bleed over into how he fights certain MUs.

Venia noticed this issue heavily when Lea got dismantled by Light's Fox and it likely was a similar problem in this case. Here a few twitch clips I have saved from a recent stream of his that would better articulate certain issues (especially the last 6 clips):
- https://clips.twitch.tv/FurtiveWealthyQuailOSfrog
- https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingEndearingWerewolfDerp
- https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorEnticingMartenFreakinStinkin
- https://clips.twitch.tv/PleasantShinyPrariedogUWot
- https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyGoodWalrusDatSheffy
- https://clips.twitch.tv/BashfulTastyBaguetteNotATK
- https://clips.twitch.tv/KathishHumbleButterRalpherZ
- https://clips.twitch.tv/SmellyEnchantingMelonHassanChop
- https://clips.twitch.tv/HelpfulLitigiousLegChocolateRain
- https://clips.twitch.tv/SmilingBusyOkapiNerfRedBlaster
- https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectMiniatureOstrichSoBayed

Lea did tweet out something along the lines of feeling he has been "lucky with reading parry situations this whole time" after EVO Japan however, so maybe certain aspects of his defensive play that he doesn't feel comfortable with yet makes him fall apart in high pressure scramble situations even when he knows he shouldn't.

Greninja's OOS is atrocious don't get me wrong, but he's far from being completely unable to play around it unlike most characters that come to mind with weak out-of-shield options. His mobility, low profile, whiff punish ability, and strong parry options help mitigate how much this affects him. It takes a lot of awareness to constantly accommodate for this weakness but it definitely can be done. I don't believe too many Greninja players even at Top Level are as good as they should be at this yet which holds them back and is probably the reason you see such varied MU Charts amongst them too which gets even worse at lower levels of play.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Especially in this MU, trying to run up shield everything or not parrying enough are very detrimental when you consider how much control Ike can get just by tossing out Nair due to Greninja's OOS. If you aren't keen at stuffing Ike's jumps or whiff punishing, he gets to use this move for free and the risk vs reward is heavily skewed in his favor.
Piggybacking off this, one of the reasons Ike is so hard for :ultyounglink: is his poor OoS game. If Ike spaces Nair on shield he gets away with it for free. You can't roll behind Nair and parries are always risky because if you release shield early you'll eat Nair+another aerial. After Nair Ike can continue to space things like Dtilt, which also combos, and if you roll back you lose precious stage control. Ike's possibly the hardest character to cross over due to Nair's hitboxes sweeping behind him. The best thing to do is try to fade back and avoid it without being put in a position to shield.

Megamang

Smash Lord
I wanna think he was going for Parries there and his timing was just a bit off, but im not sure.

What is going on with those shadow parries? Is it just instantly dropping your shield to fish for a parry? I really like this with gren, because he gets so much more mileage off of a parry than a shielded attack. Something I don't see mentioned much about parries is how it helps with human limitations, especially reaction / reaction time. You get a nice giant animation, and a sound cue which are reactable sooner. Add in the giant shieldlag and you are able to move out of your parry nearly instantly, which is amazing for greninja.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Greninja shouldn’t be losing to Ike. Greninja has a million options to play around Ike’s scary tools in neutral (read: Nair) without having to rely on shield; Japanese Greninja players as a whole tend to shield too much, I find. Ike’s recovery is also terrible against Greninja as long as the Greninja player isn’t afraid to jump out with substitute when Ike uses side B. I’ve beaten side B with Bair before as well.

Also, Palu has a strong case for top 2. I don’t see her overtaking Joker but her ease of use combined with great MU spread and incredible consistency makes her one of the biggest threats in the game. She could certainly use some balance tweaks, if only to how easy/brainless her kill buttons are.

Last edited:

ReVerbIsSuperb

Smash Cadet
What is going on with those shadow parries? Is it just instantly dropping your shield to fish for a parry?
I'm confused by your question. Are you asking what Shadow Parries are in general? If so, refer to this tweet thread:

To get the initial Shadow Parry you have to press Shield and Side-B at the same exact time. If the move is a multihit then you mash Side-B after the first shadow parry (which in reality is holding your stick towards your opponent and mashing the B button). Against projectiles like Phaze was doing in the clip above, it's like the old "Power Shield" where on reaction you can parry.

It can allow you to parry moves the rest of the cast can't which is interesting in and of itself. It's a tech concept unique to Greninja that hasn't been explored too deeply in regards to best finding when it's actually practical to go for, but given what it brings to Greninja's defensive arsenal it may have situational worth so who knows.

Gearkeeper-8a

Smash Apprentice
Pretty curious that between the 2 S-tier of this weekend the only character that got repeated representation were :ultzss:and :ultfox:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
On one hand, Nintendo's been conservative for the most part about nerfs in Smash Ultimate. On the other hand, given that their eyes are set on both EVO and Genesis... I'd honestly be surprised if no one gets touched at all, especially characters like :ultwario: who can pull off stunts like the one shown in the clip.

Anyways, top 8 for GENESIS 7 tomorrow:

Top 8 Winner's Side:

MKLeo :ultjoker: vs. Samsora :ultpeach:
ESAM :ultpikachu: vs. Marss :ultzss:

Top 8 Loser's Side:

Dark Wizzy :ultmario: vs. Light :ultfox:
Glutonny :ultwario: vs. Maister :ultgnw:

Last edited:

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused by your question. Are you asking what Shadow Parries are in general? If so, refer to this tweet thread:

To get the initial Shadow Parry you have to press Shield and Side-B at the same exact time. If the move is a multihit then you mash Side-B after the first shadow parry (which in reality is holding your stick towards your opponent and mashing the B button). Against projectiles like Phaze was doing in the clip above, it's like the old "Power Shield" where on reaction you can parry.

It can allow you to parry moves the rest of the cast can't which is interesting in and of itself. It's a tech concept unique to Greninja that hasn't been explored too deeply in regards to best finding when it's actually practical to go for, but given what it brings to Greninja's defensive arsenal it may have situational worth so who knows.
I remember seeing something similar to that in a video by Captain L I believe, it's nothing really of note because it was a TAS of Greninja just parrying, but I could have sworn that it was humanly impossible.
Looks like times change.
On a side note I'm rather happy that ESAM got Top 8 at an S Tier that actually might stay an S Tier.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Placings of EVO Japan
So with Kome getting 2nd at EVO Japan, is Shulk top tier and better than Lucina (Many people consider her the best swordsman so I'm comparing to her specifically)? In terms of results, the closest to this is ProtoBanham getting 5th at EVO last year and Leo's win at Genesis. The thing about Leo's win at Genesis was that he mostly used Ike and only used Lucina at Top 8 where as Kome used Shulk the whole way through.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
A Bowser player, DarkThunder, just won a pretty stacked, yet untiered tournament (5 players away), with Dreamhack Leipzig.

Dunno, but this char lives super long and because of that he has answers to MUs like Palutena, who DarkThunder played against in GF.
And he defeated quiK on his way to the finals, so there's that as well. Good wins.

Last edited:

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
Placings of EVO Japan
So with Kome getting 2nd at EVO Japan, is Shulk top tier and better than Lucina (Many people consider her the best swordsman so I'm comparing to her specifically)? In terms of results, the closest to this is ProtoBanham getting 5th at EVO last year and Leo's win at Genesis. The thing about Leo's win at Genesis was that he mostly used Ike and only used Lucina at Top 8 where as Kome used Shulk the whole way through.
In terms of being better than Lucina, I'm not quite sure, Lucina is a very strong character.
In terms of Shulk being a top tier, absoultely, the results, the players, the character itself,how he is in theory, I don't know about you, but Shulk screams S Tier to me.

Last edited:

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
On one hand, Nintendo's been conservative for the most part about nerfs in Smash Ultimate. On the other hand, given that their eyes are set on both EVO and Genesis... I'd honestly be surprised if no one gets touched at all, especially characters like :ultwario: who can pull off stunts like the one shown in the clip.

Anyways, top 8 for GENESIS 7 tomorrow:

Top 8 Winner's Side:

MKLeo :ultjoker: vs. Samsora :ultpeach:
ESAM :ultpikachu: vs. Marss :ultzss:

Top 8 Loser's Side:

Dark Wizzy :ultmario: vs. Light :ultfox:
Glutonny :ultwario: vs. Maister :ultgnw:
Man, Wizzy’s on his way to being a top ten player this season. Between Genesis, Glitch, and hopefully Frostbite, he’ll get there.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
So what is the consensus on :ultmario: now. He is in the same group as :ultzss:or :ultgnw: where mid-tier or worse due to losing there " best" stuff and need to be played differently from Smash 4 thus they were considered mid-tier or worse. Generally not competitively viable anymoreOnly for dedicated mains to get results and prove everyone otherwise.

But man Mario can occasionally seem totally nuts. In many ways he actually seems like a more "solid" character than in Smash 4 Even sometimes pulling of "Smash 4 ZSS" like death ladder combos with platforms and the right positioning. Of course his long-standing issues with swords or big disjoints. Or can have a pain if he falls behind vs Zonimg characters like :ultsnake:
I say Top-20 or even could be Top 15.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
So with Kome getting 2nd at EVO Japan, is Shulk top tier and better than Lucina (Many people consider her the best swordsman so I'm comparing to her specifically)?
From what I've seen of Shulk, I think he's always been better than Lucina in this game, but people seem to have been reluctant to accept this because of Smash 4. For context, in Smash 4 Shulk was a mid tier with "potential". In Ultimate he's a top tier that's hard to master, so not many players picked him up. His playstyle is also different (he has some of the worst frame data for a top tier) making him less appealing to pick up.

Somewhere in top 10, probably. I think Greninja might be too, seems a bit underrated.

I don't think Lucina is top 10 in this meta. She doesn't beat any top tiers (maybe Mr. Game & Watch or Peach but I think both are even) and she loses to a few notable top tiers (potentially Greninja, Inkling, Pikachu, maybe Shulk, I've seen some people say Palutena but I think that's probably even). You could make a case for her beating Wario but I think that's probably even as well. She probably beats some high tiers at least (most notably Mario), and beats most mid tiers. Solid character, maybe not good enough for top 10 though.

So what is the consensus on :ultmario: now.
My take: Not quite top 15 (lots of competition) but not far from it. Good character.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Mario thrives on the fast pacing of this game. Losing to a secondary Palutena sucks, because it continues to illustrate that it is a tough MU (though a Dabuz secondary is beyond a non top 20 PGR'd player IMHO) and how far can you go if your worst MU is palu? =\. Still, Wizzy was dying to Explosive flame enough to cost him the set and that is an issue that can be fixed for the most part. Bair is amazing, and Mario can play at a pace that most characters cannot. Fireball is actually decent zoning, Fludd is a GREAT neutral tool. True combos into kills always give him that clutch factor. Fsmash has that clutch strength while Usmash has that consistency. Fair is also a clutch machine. Palu really is the perfect storm for him, sword-like normals (or for bair and dash attack, fully invincible which is maybe a bigger problem though the range isn't quite the same the burst range is comparable.

All his normals are incredible though, Wizzy even got lots of mileage off of f-tilt which IMO is his worst tilt, which is like being the slowest olympian.

ESAM makes pika look faster each major, it really is incredible. Nairo almost seemed lost at some points, its kinda ZSS-lite problems where her landing aerials are what she is going for most of the time and when you are short her timing mixups are much lesser. On the other hand, they're still amazing and her dash grab/ attack creates a nice 50/50 core that offers complete, if risky, coverage.

Palu is someone who might fall victim to more and more edgeguards, ESAM made up a ton of lost ground here... on the other hand, it is so lagless that it might end up like s4 rosa where they decide landing on the stage is worth the small punish to not risk getting 2frame'd and abused further offstage. Her aerials are enough to fight back but her risk reward hurts against someone like Pika or even Mario, though he obviously can't take the same risks offstage.

Pika is in a unique position here where he can cover the ledge, and then if she teleports past she is pretty guaranteed to get quick attack'd and pushed back into disadvantage. It speaks to Palu's strengths that pika has numerous advantages on her but the MU still looks almost even and the same tools as always can keep her competitive.

EDIT: Does anyone really 'lose' to wario in this state? Palu seems like the worst case scenario but as long as Wario controls the pacing, which he has the mobility to do, he has to win a lot less interactions over time as long as the Wario executes. While my pika heart sings, having less SDI in this game means certain death setups really don't have much interaction when you get hit. Wasting it for hard reads seems to be holding it back the most, Wario can really just use it when he knows it will hit. I feel we'll see it more, not less, because the few extra frames of half-waft helps the link and it certainly is still strong enough.

Last edited:

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
All his normals are incredible though, Wizzy even got lots of mileage off of f-tilt which IMO is his worst tilt, which is like being the slowest olympian.
F-tilt is his BEST tilt, actually.

Dtilt and utilt have both much less situational coverage, and restricted reward times (utilt only combos between 40% and 80%, dtilt 60%+ but isn't typically worth doing after 120%).

But Ftilt always sets up tech chases / edgeguards. Has good range and safety. It's just a great angle. It doesn't TRUE combo, but it has flowcharts that can on average generate about the same reward as u/dtilt.

Last edited:

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
So what is the consensus on :ultmario: now. He is in the same group as :ultzss:or :ultgnw: where mid-tier or worse due to losing there " best" stuff and need to be played differently from Smash 4 thus they were considered mid-tier or worse. Generally not competitively viable anymoreOnly for dedicated mains to get results and prove everyone otherwise.

But man Mario can occasionally seem totally nuts. In many ways he actually seems like a more "solid" character than in Smash 4 Even sometimes pulling of "Smash 4 ZSS" like death ladder combos with platforms and the right positioning. Of course his long-standing issues with swords or big disjoints. Or can have a pain if he falls behind vs Zonimg characters like :ultsnake:
:ultmario: about as good as he was in Smash 4 IMO and I've been saying it for a while. He may not have the waft clutch factor that :ultwario: has or insane projectile game that :ultsnake: has but he doesn't need to rely on a few really good moves since all of his moves are at least decent and that combined with his favorable attributes and lack of major weaknesses allow him to do well against characters who may have a few broken moves in their kit. There are very few characters Mario truly struggles against and none of those MUs are unwinnable (some are pretty obscure as well which helps), they are just an uphill battle. :ultshulk::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultcloud::ultpeach::ultgnw::ultpalutena: and maybe :ultgreninja: and :ultcorrin: are the only characters that I can think of who on paper give him some trouble but Mario has the tools to exploit their weaknesses even if they can exploit his weaknesses better.

Meanwhile, he has even or winning matchups against most other top tiers with :ultpikachu: and :ultjoker: being very notable examples. He also goes even with or wins against :ultfox::ultinkling::ultpacman::ultsnake: and especially :ultrob: who I can see possibly being his best Top/High Tier MU (depending on what you think of ROB).

Rizen

Smash Legend
A while ago I was talking about how Pikachu's quick attack can sometimes save opponents and people said that wouldn't happen in a match; well here it is in a top level match. Don't get me wrong. I do think Pikachu's QA is much better than pichu's agility. But it's not just a black and white issue.

Mario's 10th on Orion Stats and was 9th last season. He's a well rounded rushdown with some really good tools and a ladder combo that can kill. He's top 15 at worst. Dark Wizzy's been putting in a lot of work and getting results. IMO he's bottom of top tier.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
A while ago I was talking about how Pikachu's quick attack can sometimes save opponents and people said that wouldn't happen in a match; well here it is in a top level match. Don't get me wrong. I do think Pikachu's QA is much better than pichu's agility. But it's not just a black and white issue.
Are you serious? All ESAM had to do was angle to the right and back to the ledge and it wouldn't have happened. It was a flub, not a property of Quick Attack.

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
What do we think is gonna happen with the patch notes in two days? I'm personally hoping for some buffs and slight nerfs to characters that need them.
In terms of what I think is gonna happen, I don't see Joker escaping this patch unscathed, but he's done it before, maybe he will again.

Impax

Smash Apprentice
Just some notes I've seen from the weekend on a couple characters.

Wii fit trainer has had some very mixed results. John Numbers and Keroguchi both got 33rd at s tiers. These tie for the best wii fit results at an stier. (Alongside varun, stas and cpu). On the flipside other wii fits this weekend didnt do quite as well. (Hirschulat, varun and rockstarace to a lesser degre)

Jigglypuff has been having some decent representatives (like Arika, sin, hungrybox and braixen) but continues to place badly.

And then theres Greninja. So many top reps this weekend and yet none broke through. I still think hes a top tier but not his best weekend.

On the flipside it was a pretty good weekend for rosalinas.
Edit: Also japan a surprising number of ice climbers.

Last edited:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Are you serious? All ESAM had to do was angle to the right and back to the ledge and it wouldn't have happened. It was a flub, not a property of Quick Attack.
He also could've jumped to the right instead of straight up, so yeah, this one is on ESAM. Overall having a hitbox is way better, most of the time you won't save people with Quick Attack unless you mess up.

Rizen

Smash Legend
He also could've jumped to the right instead of straight up, so yeah, this one is on ESAM. Overall having a hitbox is way better, most of the time you won't save people with Quick Attack unless you mess up.
Pika's QA has a lot better utility on stage as a zone breaker. Offstage the hitboxes lose to everything and won't gimp nor ko.

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
Pika's QA has a lot better utility on stage as a zone breaker. Offstage the hitboxes lose to everything and won't gimp nor ko.
You know, I have counted a number of times where ESAM and Light are playing and that Quick Attack zips right though Fire Fox.
Poor Light, lost his stock at 9%.

TennisBall

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of Light, his set with Dark Wizzy is absoluty worth a watch when it gets uploaded to YouTube.
Man, the hype.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Damn, MKLeo is crushing it with Joker.

Pulling out stuff I thought would never see tournament play, damn.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Well ya, quick attack doesn't spike you. But it sets you up having to re-use, say, firefox... below pika, while he has grabbed the ledge. Its a losing situation, and having a slow recovery move like fox or Arsene joker means that the pika really should get you right after.

DunnoBro DunnoBro I guess I was just in the smash 4 mario mentality, now that I think about it I really don't see much u-tilt. Dtilt is still pretty awesome and does what a dtilt does, its good to know that even the simple kick has a place in the kit. If you ever wanted to share some of those flowcharts im sure we'd all be interested.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
4 Seasons Tournament: Winter 2020 (B Tier, for some reason)
1st: Elexiao:ultgreninja:
2nd: Maeda:ultken:
3rd: Leon:ultlucina:
4th: Jeda:ultlucario::ultjoker:
5th: Ismael:ultpalutena:
5th: Sinogara:ultwiifittrainer:
7th: Snixx:ultpikachu:
7th: Torynk:ultbowserjr:

EVO Japan 2020 (S Tier)
1st: Shuton:ultolimar:
2nd: Kome:ultshulk:
3rd: Tea:ultpacman: