• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Competitive Character Impressions 2.0

?

• Total voters

Rizen

Smash Legend
You guys think Ike is worth learning as a secondary to my Ness (I think a swordsman/woman would be a good idea to have in my pocket) or do you think I should stick with Lucina or Marth incase of an Ike nerf? I like how Ike plays in this game and he’s really easy to learn as a secondary and I won’t have to put a ton of time into him but I’m not trying to learn a character as a secondary that’s gonna get nerfed. What do you guys see happening with Ike in the future?
Nerfing anyone at this point would be ridiculous. I hope the developers have a cooler head than that. Ike's not even the most dominate character. The meta is so infantile nerfs are completely unwarranted. Players need to develop counter play and see how the pieces fall.

Kellojolly

Smash Cadet
Between Ike and Lucina, I've seen Zero, Salem, Dark Wizzy, and Leo all say Lucina is better in the most recent collaborative stream. I think they essentially "agree" upon Lucina, Shulk, and Cloud being the best swordsmen in that order. Zero believed Cloud was the best swordsmen but the rest of the players were adamant on Lucina and Shulk being better. At this point, I know Ike is hyped largely with Leo's win. But Leo himself said he doesn't think Ike is as good as people giving him credit, which I agree with (I almost entirely give Leo the credit, not Ike, for the latest tourney results. Leo said Ike's not his best character either in ultimate).

edit: I think Ike is a strong character but I don't believe he's even top tier or one of the best high tier, even.

I mean right now it’s between Ike and Lucina who I’m gonna pick up, leaning towards Ike even though I kind of already know how to play Lucina. I don’t love the way Cloud plays and Shulk just seems like too much effort to put into a secondary. Thanks for all the input guys!
I think you should go with Ike simply because you said you like him!

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I mean right now it’s between Ike and Lucina who I’m gonna pick up, leaning towards Ike even though I kind of already know how to play Lucina. I don’t love the way Cloud plays and Shulk just seems like too much effort to put into a secondary. Thanks for all the input guys!

D

Deleted member

Hmmm i always assumed you were a Ness main

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think they essentially "agree" upon Lucina, Shulk, and Cloud being the best swordsmen in that order. !
I'd like to see players back that up about Shulk being the 2nd best swordsman. I'm not saying he can't be but you'd think more people would pick him up. ZeRo at least; he liked Shulk in SSB4.

Kellojolly

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see players back that up about Shulk being the 2nd best swordsman. I'm not saying he can't be but you'd think more people would pick him up. ZeRo at least; he liked Shulk in SSB4.
I agree. I do see Nicko making a scene and it's impressive. However, all I hear is "Shulk has potentials" by some players. And to be honest, I'd like to see more than just theory crafting. His end lag buff is nice but his start up is still long for the most part. He does have range and he does seemingly have versatility with his monado art. At the moment, however, monado art usage has been really predictable in my experience - speed and buster until smash at higher percentages, with shield when your about to die. But like Link, these pros may know something I don't as my only experience is elite smash mode.

Zero doesn't like how Shulk plays in this game. I don't know why. Also, I disagree with Zero's belief that Cloud is the best swordsmen.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
:ultwolf: is one of the oddest characters to judge right now in the Meta. For every great strength he has another seemingly big flaw. He has an amazing neutral game with having one of the best projectiles in the game, has really good normals and other tools. I am not sure who mentioned it here but he can almost feel like Smash 4 :ultsheik: with how dominating he can be in neutral. BUT he lacks reliable kill-confrims and does not have a good recovery or offstage game which could be the ruination of most other characters. Wolf is a character of contrasts, makes sense since he kinda feels to me like some bizzare fusion of the other spacies (:ultfox::ultfalco:) and the standard FE swordies (:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom:)
I think Zackray is showing how to play the character better than anyone right now.

You need to make up for a limited offstage game and unsafe kill moves with really good pressure when in advantage and ledge trapping with Wolf. Basically runoff nair can gimp other bad to okay recoveries, but characters with good or hard hitting recoveries can make it scary to go too far offstage for Wolf. So getting good at ledge trapping can make up for some of that.

I think Wolf will fall a bit in results if people keep learning how to exploit his weaknesses more. Fox is probably going to be the most well rounded space animal in the long run, but Wolf is going to be the hype master, I promise that. Kind of like Melee Falcon. Yeah, optimal Fox play in Melee may get you the higher placing but watching Fox play can get stale and boring after a while. Crazy Falcon combos get burned into people's memories for years.

I agree. I do see Nicko making a scene and it's impressive. However, all I hear is "Shulk has potentials" by some players. And to be honest, I'd like to see more than just theory crafting. His end lag buff is nice but his start up is still long for the most part. He does have range and he does seemingly have versatility with his monado art. At the moment, however, monado art usage has been really predictable in my experience - speed and buster until smash at higher percentages, with shield when your about to die. But like Link, these pros may know something I don't as my only experience is elite smash mode.

Zero doesn't like how Shulk plays in this game. I don't know why. Also, I disagree with Zero's belief that Cloud is the best swordsmen.
I'd like to see someone make some real waves with Shulk. Right now people most who play him do seem a bit predictable and it's fairly easy to just stall out the more advantageous arts if need be and wait for him to return to neutral Shulk or pick one that you can take advantage of.

Last edited:

Kellojolly

Smash Cadet
I just got Ike to Elite Mode. I have fought against Ike in Elite Smash. But I've never played as Ike in Elite Smash so I'd like to test him out to see the hype for myself. So far, I haven't found anything I didn't know before about Ike - slow moving heavy hitter with a stupid NAIR that has crazy range and area of effect that can effectively combo enemies to death in few hits. I don't think I've used his smash move to kill anyone so far lol. I use his tilt sometimes but I use his NAIR, BAIR, UTilt, FAIR when I need to for the most part.

edit: So far, I am not seeing all the hype behind him. He's certainly strong with simple Nair-initiated combos that deal out massive amounts of damage with good kill confirms and kill potentials everywhere. But he's so slow, easy to predict, and easily getting bullied by zoners. He seems to be destroying heavy characters....Putting aside MkLeo's performance...mine is a lackluster but...I am not quite able to get on the Ike hype train.

I think Zackray is showing how to play the character better than anyone right now.

You need to make up for a limited offstage game and unsafe kill moves with really good pressure when in advantage and ledge trapping with Wolf. Basically runoff nair can gimp other bad to okay recoveries, but characters with good or hard hitting recoveries can make it scary to go too far offstage for Wolf. So getting good at ledge trapping can make up for some of that.

I think Wolf will fall a bit in results if people keep learning how to exploit his weaknesses more. Fox is probably going to be the most well rounded space animal in the long run, but Wolf is going to be the hype master, I promise that. Kind of like Melee Falcon. Yeah, optimal Fox play in Melee may get you the higher placing but watching Fox play can get stale and boring after a while. Crazy Falcon combos get burned into people's memories for years.

I'd like to see someone make some real waves with Shulk. Right now people most who play him do seem a bit predictable and it's fairly easy to just stall out the more advantageous arts if need be and wait for him to return to neutral Shulk or pick one that you can take advantage of.
I agree with Shulks using the arts very predictably. Nicko looks amazing though. However, even with Nicko Shulk, I don't see what that Shulk does anything tremendously crazy amongst the roster.

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
"Hahahahahahahaha How The **** Is Shulk Top Tier Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Dude"

I never see this brought up by anyone when Shulk is discussed... The effective time on Shulk's Arts have been reduced by TEN seconds on top of two more seconds of cooldown. (6s active, 18s cooldown)

This makes me enormously skeptical of his legendary "potential." It boggles my mind to see so many people placing Shulk in top tier. How does Shulk even get to reliably use Arts, other than Speed, against a opponent willing to play completely lame? I often saw it said that vanilla Shulk was likely one of the worst characters in Smash 4. With these new Arts, that's exactly what Shulk is forced to be much more often in this game. (Vanilla that is, not the worst in the game lol) With his most valuable tool turned into something that is so fleeting, does no one else think that might take a massive toll on his consistency?

The landing lag reduction and the combos they bring surely make him a strictly better character than in Smash 4, but I can't shake the feeling that he is a mid-tier riding the swordie hype along with that nebulous "potential" people have long loved to accredit him... I'll eat my hat and both my socks if any of these top players who say he is top tier (top 3 even...) ever bust out a Shulk in top 8 of a big tourney, let's just say that.

I see Nicko doing some good things with the character, but I can't find any videos of him vs competitors that I recognize other than Zenyou.

J0eyboi

Smash Ace
"Hahahahahahahaha How The **** Is Shulk Top Tier Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The Dude"

I never see this brought up by anyone when Shulk is discussed...
Maybe people are finally realizing that it's a ****ty argument.

People love (or loved, in Smash 4) saying "just camp out the Arts you don't want to deal with" but... have you ever actually thought about how that'd work out? Shulk has huge range and massive hitboxes. Circle camping him kinda works, but you're as likely as not to run into an uptilt or fair or something. Attempting to platform camp him is an awful idea; he has great sharking tools and the aforementioned massive hitboxes. Air camping, same problems. So we're left with projectile camping, which can work, but you have to have a projectile first, and it's kinda rendered moot anyway by the other thing everyone who's ever said this seems to forget:

Shulk is the one in control of his Arts, not you. Good Shulks won't pull out arts that they might get camped out while using, unless it's Smash 4 Shield Art in which case that's kinda the point. The main time Shulk should be using the Arts that aren't good in neutral is when he's already gotten a hit and put his opponent in a disadvantaged state, a use case which is directly buffed by the new Art selection mechanics.

I often saw it said that vanilla Shulk was likely one of the worst characters in Smash 4.
I can vouch for that. I can also vouch for the fact that that's probably not the case anymore. Even vanilla, Shulk is 100% capable of putting in work.

I'll eat my hat and both my socks if any of these top players who say he is top tier (top 3 even...) ever bust out a Shulk in top 8 of a big tourney, let's just say that.
Just want you to know that I'm holding you to this.

I might make another post on Shulk later. There's a lot more I want to say about him and how he's been upgraded since 4.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't think ganondorf has problems that you can solve by just repeatedly making him safer. Both his recovery moves are command grabs that force him to kill himself.

I'm sure he can counterpick a little here and there, but this is not a recipe for a viable character. He just has that played out heavy design with crappy startup, meme landing options, a recovery that falls apart when you sneeze at it etc.

All the other heavies have projectiles or fast moves or some armored/invincible moves. Ganondorf feels like the vanilla heavy before they inject the gimmick. Charizard might be worse, but at least he can switch to another character.

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
What are your guy's thoughts on Incineroar at the moment? He hasn't had much use in tourneys outside of a counterpick by some players or Magister's Top 8 placement at Don't Park on the Grass, and I think that's how he'll stay tbh. In some matchups he can thrive as his advantage state and power is downright nasty, but characters that can exploit his recovery well.. yeah, Incineroar just dies offstage against them. He's just not a character one can solo-main due to his flaws, and I feel like once players begin to edgeguard more effectively Incineroar will just struggle to find his footing in the long run. Maybe at the moment he's better than Ganon/Dedede, but I wouldn't be surprised if he falters while those two rise up in the future.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How are we all feeling about DK at the moment? He was always the speedster amongst the heavy weights, and this positive trait remains a strong strenght of his now with the more offensive meta. He got range, POWER, actual rewards from grabs, can KO just about anyone easy below 100%, amazing kill set ups, lots of players pick him up and most important of all: results.

Donkey Kong is probably a lower Top Tier at this point in the meta. Weird how he's rarely discussed.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
:ultganondorf: was overhyped a bit, but his standards weren't very high to begin with. The greatest we got of him in the past was :ganondorfmelee:, who many call good and lament the loss for, even thought he has been aging worse and worse and hasn't done crap for years. :ultganondorf:also got buffed from this: :4ganondorf:, a terrible character in every sense of the word, so anything that resembles a functional character will seem amazing in comparison.

:ultganondorf: has many weaknesses that all relate to each other. The obvious one is that he is very slow on the ground and cannot force you to approach because he has no projectiles. If you are willing to you can camp Ganon and not let him play the game with characters like :ultwolf::ultrichter::ultzss::ultisabelle::ultmegaman:, or the other variety of not letting you play the game with :ultpikachu:rushdown. His aerial mobility is a crapshoot, and it relates to how poor his recovery is. His Up B has decent distance and Side B can cost you a stock, but at certain % he dies from stuff like :ultlucina: FSmash because he cannot recover even with his DJ. So long as you hit him before the grab bubbles come out his recovery options are not a big threat (if they even come out). He is also combo food and he doesn't have the best frame data or projectiles to cover that weakness, and connects to his recovery.

He got a nice performance in Don't Park at the Grass with a 9th place by Vermanubis, but by order of elimination and those "not let me play the game MUs" Ganon is very likely low tier. Leagues above :4ganondorf:tho.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
what is the consensus on the new ganondorf?
Ganon lost a few important things. His Uair is no longer a f6 super powerful attack, flame choke can be mashed out of and now always kills Ganon first. This really sucks last stock because now opponents get a free win by running into choke so you can't use it to recover; airdodge helps. Ganon's been made more strait forward as a powerhouse. You're not in control most of the game but if you land a pivot Fsmash it kills at 50%. His smashes and legs have good reach. He's not a good character but always threatening.
What are your guy's thoughts on Incineroar at the moment? He hasn't had much use in tourneys outside of a counterpick by some players or Magister's Top 8 placement at Don't Park on the Grass, and I think that's how he'll stay tbh. In some matchups he can thrive as his advantage state and power is downright nasty, but characters that can exploit his recovery well.. yeah, Incineroar just dies offstage against them. He's just not a character one can solo-main due to his flaws, and I feel like once players begin to edgeguard more effectively Incineroar will just struggle to find his footing in the long run. Maybe at the moment he's better than Ganon/Dedede, but I wouldn't be surprised if he falters while those two rise up in the future.
I've always thought Incineroar was overrated. With the grab>shield>attack> formula, good rewards off grabs is a strong asset but his mobility, recovery and poor reach bring him down. Revenge is good but still requires good timing. Incineroar is the kind of character you'd CP if you could read the opponent well. He's not good but still better than Ganon and DDD imo.
How are we all feeling about DK at the moment? He was always the speedster amongst the heavy weights, and this positive trait remains a strong strenght of his now with the more offensive meta. He got range, POWER, actual rewards from grabs, can KO just about anyone easy below 100%, amazing kill set ups, lots of players pick him up and most important of all: results.

Donkey Kong is probably a lower Top Tier at this point in the meta. Weird how he's rarely discussed.
DK's probably the best heavyweight. He has the speed of a sword character, above average mobility, good reward and useful superarmor. IDK exactly where he'll end up but it's in the upper half of the cast.

Last edited:

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I don't think Ganondorf mains were ever expecting him to be a high tier character, they're just happy he's finally functional. While he might easily end up low tier, that doesn't change the fact that he only has to win 4 or 5 exchanges to take a stock. He's combo food, but if he gets 2 hits in, he probably just outdamaged your combo and put you in kill % at the same time. Ganondorf is a character you're going to have to watch out for no matter where he ends up on the tiers.

Dbap

Smash Rookie
I just got Ike to Elite Mode. I have fought against Ike in Elite Smash. But I've never played as Ike in Elite Smash so I'd like to test him out to see the hype for myself. So far, I haven't found anything I didn't know before about Ike - slow moving heavy hitter with a stupid NAIR that has crazy range and area of effect that can effectively combo enemies to death in few hits. I don't think I've used his smash move to kill anyone so far lol. I use his tilt sometimes but I use his NAIR, BAIR, UTilt, FAIR when I need to for the most part.

edit: So far, I am not seeing all the hype behind him. He's certainly strong with simple Nair-initiated combos that deal out massive amounts of damage with good kill confirms and kill potentials everywhere. But he's so slow, easy to predict, and easily getting bullied by zoners. He seems to be destroying heavy characters....Putting aside MkLeo's performance...mine is a lackluster but...I am not quite able to get on the Ike hype train.

I agree with Shulks using the arts very predictably. Nicko looks amazing though. However, even with Nicko Shulk, I don't see what that Shulk does anything tremendously crazy amongst the roster.
May I ask what GSP you got it at? My Lucas is at 3.05m am I far?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Oki's Inkling won HSTSP1 last night. Oki plays a bit differently from other Inklings I've seen, namely in special usage. Most notable is how much mileage he gets out of Splattershot; I've heard people describe this move as a taunt, but Oki uses it liberally in all game states and the extra damage from keeping the opponent inked really adds up. But aside from the silliness of 30% smashes, his usage of it against Yurica's Cloud reminded me heavily of Scalding FLUDD back in 4; endlag on this move is really low and the knockback is negligible, allowing it to set up grabs and jabs on both hit and shield, and if you're setting it up on hit you've got a fully inked opponent in your hands.

He also rarely uses Splat Bombs in neutral, with the main application of interest being landing with B-reverse Splat Bombs to both mix up landings and drop the bomb on top of himself as approach deterrent. Though I'm sure it's matchup dependent, in general I like his approach to them more, as while I understand a whiffed Splat Bomb is still denying space...it also comes with a hefty time and ink cost, and most of the time I see it used as a neutral tool it's almost never hitting. Hell, a non-held Splattershot is over and done with around the same time a min charge Splat Bomb leaves Inkling's hand. I see more merit in being able to apply/maintain ink with the low commitment option from midrange without breaking gameflow.

I only remember seeing it happen once, but he also punishes missed techs with jab lock fsmash. Armada talks about this in his Inkling video, but Inkling has numerous attacks with shallow launch angles that set these situations up nicely, and being a character who mostly needs a smash or edgeguard to kill, it's certainly an aspect of the character people should be capitalizing on.

Last edited:

Omastar

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2638-1454-6031
Trela just won another tournament with Ridley :ultridley: (300 entrants!) with players like Megafox, Karna, and BestNess present. I know we discussed Ridley a while back, but with his advantage state being ridiculous and the results backing him up, how do you guys feel about the character now? With all the tools Ridley has and the caliber of players playing him at a high level, I can see him going from "Not too sure, need more research" in tier lists to at least high-mid tier or even high tier. Lets get some discussion of the space pirate going!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Trela just won another tournament with Ridley :ultridley: (300 entrants!) with players like Megafox, Karna, and BestNess present. I know we discussed Ridley a while back, but with his advantage state being ridiculous and the results backing him up, how do you guys feel about the character now? With all the tools Ridley has and the caliber of players playing him at a high level, I can see him going from "Not too sure, need more research" in tier lists to at least high-mid tier or even high tier. Lets get some discussion of the space pirate going!
I often hear Ridley is a swordie in a superheavy body. I think he's more a spear-user that we never got with Fire Emblem. His attacks are generally more linear and require greater precision, but can out-footsie many other swords with comparable speed if used correctly.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Ganondorf is a character you're going to have to watch out for no matter where he ends up on the tiers.
I think this is going to be the case with all low tiers in this game, no character thus far seems dysfunctional enough that you don't have to respect them.

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
Does Ridley ever see any use with his down-B in tournaments or is the move just not worth it?

Kellojolly

Smash Cadet
Since I just don't have the techniques to properly play Link, I'd like to ask some questions to the potent Link mains.

1. How is Link's neutral game?
2. How is Link's aerials?

I understand his boomerang and his bomb, especially, are useful. But how is Link's neutral/aerials in general? His fames don't look very good but I just don't know much about him.

side note: I still need to test Ike out more but I'm still not convinced he's some invisible, broken thing that people made him out to be some days ago. He's not hard to play as long as you are primarily focused on distancing yourself properly, which isn't always an easy thing to do. His aerial game is stupidly good but I don't find it to be that dominating. He's certainly easy to pick up though so he's probably a good character to pick up at least for the sake of MU.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Does Ridley ever see any use with his down-B in tournaments or is the move just not worth it?
Vreyvus went for it a few times for tech chases and airdodge punishes at Valhalla II, though I only remember seeing it connect once. That said, Ridley's tail only needs to fly at someone while they're tech rolling on a platform once to put the fear of God in them.

Edit: Trela hit one in grands of TGC as well

Last edited:

MapleBeasts

Smash Cadet
Not very good. He has some good things going for him (one of the strongest kill throws in the game in bthrow, good frame data for a super heavy on buttons, dthrow combos, nair being a solid landing and OoS option, revenge being godly when procced) but he has weaknesses that are too much for him to be anything more than a novelty character competitively. His ground speed is the worst in game and his air speed is almost as bad relative to the rest of the cast. His lack of mobility and range means he can be camped to hell and struggles against characters who can space like swordies. He's combo food and is easy to edge guard/gimp with how bad his recovery is in combination with his air speed. He's basically got your typical super heavy weaknesses.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Since I just don't have the techniques to properly play Link, I'd like to ask some questions to the potent Link mains.

1. How is Link's neutral game?
2. How is Link's aerials?

I understand his boomerang and his bomb, especially, are useful. But how is Link's neutral/aerials in general? His fames don't look very good but I just don't know much about him.

side note: I still need to test Ike out more but I'm still not convinced he's some invisible, broken thing that people made him out to be some days ago. He's not hard to play as long as you are primarily focused on distancing yourself properly, which isn't always an easy thing to do. His aerial game is stupidly good but I don't find it to be that dominating. He's certainly easy to pick up though so he's probably a good character to pick up at least for the sake of MU.
1 his neutral is pretty good if he can force the opponent to play his game. Bombs are good stage control and boomerang is great for walling and creating pressure. If he can space with his sword and wall he does very well. When the opponent is able to either get past his walling or outcamp Link struggles. It's kind of like Wolf's blaster except Link's CQC game is really slow. Usually small quick characters give him the most trouble. Link's approaching isn't that good so if the opponent forces him to approach Link can have a hard time.
2 Link's aerials are great except for quick combo breaking. They have good landing lag and good reach. If he can space them they're very hard to punish. Where he suffers is startup; if the opponent's pressuring him Link doesn't have a good answer.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Wait where did the idea that Incineroar has bad range come from

That fair is massive

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691

Ridley is a good character his buttons are really good nair bair dtilt ftilt usmash fsmash. I think people really need to get out of the whole big body is bad mindset these big bodies aren't fodder in this game.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Wait where did the idea that Incineroar has bad range come from

That fair is massive
Perhaps so, but his movement significantly restricts him, giving him less of practical range compared to many other characters. He's not going to control the stage all that well with that movement.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
All i can say is that, after playing Locus in friendies vs his main, Ridley... ridley isnt low tier with thay crazy advantage offstage.few other characters i've fought can drag you from the stage to the blastzone like that. That d smash is underrated too, Locus told me it covers so, so many options from a roll, get up, anything on ground. He's a heavy swordsman with good mobility and bad disadvantage. Imagine if he had a halfway decent dair? Would be terrifying.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
All i can say is that, after playing Locus in friendies vs his main, Ridley... ridley isnt low tier with thay crazy advantage offstage.few other characters i've fought can drag you from the stage to the blastzone like that. That d smash is underrated too, Locus told me it covers so, so many options from a roll, get up, anything on ground. He's a heavy swordsman with good mobility and bad disadvantage. Imagine if he had a halfway decent dair? Would be terrifying.
Both Trela and Locus are now maining Ridley. Geez are all the previous notable Smash 4 :ultryu: mains jumping to the space dragon? Does Ridley have anything in commom with Ryu besides the very explosive advantage stage and the occasional ability to take stocks at super-early percents.

But yrah I agree on that d-smash...it may have a bit of start up but man the hitboxes on it and range it covers are just nuts

Last edited:

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It also two frames I believe.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Perhaps so, but his movement significantly restricts him, giving him less of practical range compared to many other characters. He's not going to control the stage all that well with that movement.
I can buy this, but that's obviously an issue with mobility in the end, so saying he has bad range isn't really accurate.

I don't think the character struggles much with swords, frankly. Roar's good at mid range and whiff punishing + he's got chunky buttons that can contest them.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
One of my friends picked up Ridley (he’s good at the game) and he was giving me all kinds of problems. That nair is ridiculous, his edgeguarding and advantage state is insane, and it’s really hard to get in on him. I don’t tilt easily and he was actually starting to tilt me with Ridley. Part of it is probably me not playing any good Ridley’s before but I think he has legit potential and I’m not surprised he’s winning tournaments. Definitely a slept on character

Top Bottom