• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
lol frame speed mod sounded like debug or something. Can you check the OP? I feel as if I am issing something
Look like everything there. You might want to add some of the additional notes, but then again they're only needed for people who are going to modify it.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Look like everything there. You might want to add some of the additional notes, but then again they're only needed for people who are going to modify it.
What additional notes?
and is this
Code:
 Format is
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XX is character id and need the following code to work.
YY is the first frame the speed mod is applied (experimental).
ZZZZ is the action Id
LLLLLLLL is the multiplier for frame speed.
a separate code from the ID fixes and you just keep adding lines to change more moves? Or does this go at the end of the character ID fixes?

matt4300

Smash Ace
Sweet a frame speed code. There arent many we would be useing this for but there are some. Hmmm Ganons jab, Bowsers UpB, Jiggz rest? yoshi and samuses roll? mmmhhh the possibilitys ... Gonna be hard not to get carried away T_T
As long as we follow what has been typed up on the brawl + boards in the balance section, I'm sure we will all be fine.... hopefully.

Oh, cool our own sub forum @_@.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Sweet a frame speed code. There arent many we would be useing this for but there are some. Hmmm Ganons jab, Bowsers UpB, Jiggz rest? yoshi and samuses roll? mmmhhh the possibilitys ... Gonna be hard not to get carried away T_T
As long as we follow what has been typed up on the brawl + boards in the balance section, I'm sure we will all be fine.... hopefully.

Oh, cool our own sub forum @_@.
Falcon punch maybe? Yes, there are quite a few things we can use this code for. This is great. Im so excited to get back to my dorm at midnight tonight

facepalm

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
What additional notes?
and is this
Code:
 Format is
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XX is character id and need the following code to work.
ZZZZ is the action Id
a separate code from the ID fixes and you just keep adding lines to change more moves? Or does this go at the end of the character ID fixes?
Edit: forgot mention some things.
1. The first one on the list that matches is used.
2. It detects the end of the list, by reading 00000000, this means that you can't modify Mario's standing animation starting with the first frame (who care), And you need to make sure that there are zeros after it.
3. FF is use as the Character id for every one.
4. You need to modify the byte count when adding new lines, it's the second part of the first line "Frame Speed Mod Data". The value is 8 per line, I alway count it by count line pair (excluding the first line), multiply that by 0x10 (16 decimal) and add 8 if the number of lines is odd.
That explains the format of "Frame Speed Mod Data" code. The "Character ID Fixes" is needed because it normally to hard to find what character the data I'm messing with belongs to.

kupo15

Smash Hero
That explains the format of "Frame Speed Mod Data" code. The "Character ID Fixes" is needed because it normally to hard to find what character the data I'm messing with belongs to.
ok so I should group all of the codes in one code box to show they are connected

storm92

Smash Ace
This momentum code...ah its amazing.
CF and Fox are so much better, and due to the lower friction there's a small slide at the end of your dashSH'd aerials which makes the combos super fluid.
All I can say is <3

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Just a quick question:

What decided whether a stage ahs the level freeze code on it? Shouldn't it only be used on stages that aren't competitively viable without it, and become viable with it? And under this definition, wouldn't only Warioware, and maybe Summit, be candidates for freezing?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I agree with you Dark Sonic. However, I really liked the run-off momentum for sheik.

Run off -> Double Jump -> fair/nair is so fast 'n' sexy at edgeguarding. But given a choice between leaving run-off in or taking it out, I'd probably say out.

matt4300

Smash Ace
^^If you try Sonic you'll just be :(

The momentum code needs work.
More like its sonics jump that needs work... That can be considered a buff I guess. It seems to work fine for some so its just his jump as I'm sure has been discussed here already? I think... Wasen't it something like everyone has a little push before they make there jump, wich is also what caused the glitches people are getting? I think the buffer code is fine though. It does what it was soposed to do.

YES!!!! Falcon, Fox, Falco, and Shiek got BETTER XD Thank god, I was really worried about them. *whipes sweat of forehead*

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
More like its sonics jump that needs work... That can be considered a buff I guess. It seems to work fine for some so its just his jump as I'm sure has been discussed here already? I think... Wasen't it something like everyone has a little push before they make there jump, wich is also what caused the glitches people are getting? I think the buffer code is fine though.
You also go way too far when you just run off platforms. You can't instant edgehog, you can't do any sort of edgeguarding close to the stage (if you run off you'll just go soaring past them, and walking off takes way too long), his spindash jump retains momentum even when you cancel the spin (no more spin combos for Sonic).

Overall, it's just the other aspects of the momentum code negatively affecting him, while conveniently leaving out the one part that would be beneficial to him.:(

And I believe that your momentum should only be carried while jumping, not while running off of platforms (seriously, what about when you want to run off the platform so that you can hit the guy under it?) Unfortunately, Sonic is currently left out of this particular aspect.

Just a quick question:

What decided whether a stage ahs the level freeze code on it? Shouldn't it only be used on stages that aren't competitively viable without it, and become viable with it? And under this definition, wouldn't only Warioware, and maybe Summit, be candidates for freezing?
PS2 is hardly viable. It's transformations are all pretty broken in one way or another, and freezing the stage turns it from banned...to neutral.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Tried the momentum code and love it. Obviously it still needs work, but Lucario is pretty beast now. One thing that I think should remain the same is R.O.B's B>. Its pretty cool as it acts like a reflector and a charge attack. I haven't tried him yet, but I assume Pit's B> is the same way.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
What are the current/common values for the Frame Speed Mod code? I don't know where the constants are in the respective standalone codes.

Namely, Aerial Lag and Ledge Lag.

storm92

Smash Ace
Yay, we've got our own forum now.

And I'll be happy when we get rid of the jump-sliding.
This and as Dark Sonic mentioned, the ridiculous distance you go when you go off of platforms. As he outlined, you can't instahug anymore.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Yeah, insta-hugging is far too important to give up. I wonder if its possible for them (hackers) to limit sliding. I've yet to try this, been super busy. However, I'm psyched. Truthfully, I haven't played in a tad over a week or so. Though, I check SWF every day. I've yet to try the beta packs, and I understand beta 2 is pretty great. However, by the time I have a chance to play, Beta 3 could be out. There's so much happening now that I don't even know what to do-- thankfully that's not a problem as the packs have everything I need, all the work done for me.

As far as the frame mod works, it controls the speed of specific character attacks? Has it been tested, and does it work? This is really cool. Does that mean we can speed up something like Falcon Punch, making it a tad faster?

Though I haven't tried the momentum code yet, I agree that it'd probably be best to remove the momentum from anything aside from jumps. Despite the fact that it may seem cool now, it actually takes away an important level of control in the game. Also, I'm curious as to whether or not a hacker will find a way to make the momentum code work better for characters that have longer starting jump frames, or whatever, characters like Sonic. I'd love for it to work in an "ideal" way for each character, Time will tell I suppose.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'm sure you guys have heard it a million times, but I just tried the momentum code.. OH GOD, walk off momentum is not cool <_<;; ****s up a lot of characters and it's way too far.. I don't recall that happening in Melee.

That, and the fact that the code screws up Sonic and some throws etc.

Edit: And my god, Kupo's grab speed is way too low =/. I can't follow up grabs with anything! I think MuBa's grab speed is much better for following up purposes, and I'm sure the tourney plays I'll be exposing the updated game to will agree. The grab speed definitely needs to be increased, it's just a code value that needs changing anyways, so it's no problem.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
i havnt tried it yet. But im already amazed :)

Actual response will be given in 30 mins. Off to playin!!!!!

storm92

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm pretty sure no one has posted this yet about the new momentum code.
We all know wavebounces in vB, so that's the best I can say this is. It's obviously a by-product of the momentum of a dash jump and then a B reversal. Literally all you have to do is dash jump and do a B reversal, and your char basically does a super wavebounce.
I only tested this with Fox and his blaster, but he went the distance of about Lucas in vB with his PK Fire bounce, but much quicker and abrupt.
Not sure if this is a bad thing, as it could really lead to some mindgames and good spacing options, almost a DD mid air (well, one turn but still).
Thoughts, confirmations?

cman

Smash Ace
I'm not sure if this has been proposed or not, but how about letting Pokemon trainer press either R or L (or something like that) when switching to a new pokemon to choose which pokemon he wants?

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has been proposed or not, but how about letting Pokemon trainer press either R or L (or something like that) when switching to a new pokemon to choose which pokemon he wants?
The no swap on death and infinite stamina codes fix PT's problems. Besides, who still wants to play old PT?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Yay, we've got our own forum now.

And I'll be happy when we get rid of the jump-sliding.
So this isn't fixed in spunits latest code posted today?
Edit: And my god, Kupo's grab speed is way too low =/. I can't follow up grabs with anything! I think MuBa's grab speed is much better for following up purposes, and I'm sure the tourney plays I'll be exposing the updated game to will agree. The grab speed definitely needs to be increased, it's just a code value that needs changing anyways, so it's no problem.
Its because I don't use that code. I enjoy not having glitched throws ^_^

Oh and spunit, just thought I'd mention in case you didn't see, I added a section for possible codes that have yet to be converted in ASM just for you :)

kupo15

Smash Hero
I "think" it works like this

Charactor Id Fix [spunit262]
C28152E4 00000002
819E003C 907EFFFC
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
60000000 00000000

"2" is to be changed to the number of subsequent lines

Sanu

Smash Champion
Just to confirm, it's know that not only Sonic is having a problem with the Momentum code, right? It's not working for Marth either. These characters that the code isn't working properly with still gain momentum from walk-off movements.

So add to the list as you find them!

Sonic (100%)
Marth (Maybe?)
Luigi (100%)

Edit: Oh, and that's nice Kupo.. but I think most players will be in preference of more options than less (see: none at all while grabbing).

Edit Edit: I might be wrong about the list. Seems like walk off momentum is much larger than when you just forward jump.

Edit Edit Edit: Is this code affected by the dash speed increases? Or is it based on the default original dash speed value?

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
The momentum code is great but it diffidently has some problems. The momentum bringing you off stage is a bummer.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Edit Edit: I might be wrong about the list. Seems like walk off momentum is much larger than when you just forward jump.
But....increased throw speed increases throw kb, makes some throws deal no damage, and makes ppl stick onto falcon with a downthrow. You have all the options with them being your parasite sure, but I don't think that is the type of options we should be looking for haha

Spunit, do we need this code anymore with your newest frame code?
Code:
Short Hop Height/Fast Fall Speed Multiplier [Almas, 9 Lines]
045A9304 3F800000
045A9308 3F800000
C285765C 00000006
3FC0805A 3BDE7304
2C002F20 4082000C
C3FE2000 EC3F0072
2C002F5C 4082000C
C3FE2004 EC3F0072
4E800020 00000000

zxeon

Smash Lord
That kind of control is not possible with 1 line.

Frame Speed Mod Engine[Phantom Wings, spunit262]
C2766C20 00000014
D01F0010 3C008180
807D0008 8063FFFC
7C030000 4080000C
80630030 48000008
386000FF 809D0014
C0240040 FC40081E
D8410008 8001000C
FC210028 80BD007C
80A50038 38C200D8
84E60008 2C070000
41820048 7CE8C671
41A0000C 7C081800
4082FFE8 54E8863E
7C080000 41A0FFDC
54E8043E 7C082800
4082FFD0 C0060004
FC21002A C04283D8
FC011040 40A00008
FC201090 D0240040
60000000 00000000

Frame Speed Mod Data [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
065A9400 0000028
FF000018 ARIALLAG
FF000074 LEDGELAG
FF00000A JUMPSTAR
FF000075 LEDGEINV
FF000061 UKEMROLL

Format is
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XX is charactor id and need the following code to work.
ZZZZ is the action Id

Charactor Id Fix [spunit262]
C28152E4 00000002
819E003C 907EFFFC
60000000 00000000

I tested it with Zelda and Shiek.

Edit: forgot mention some things.
2. It detects the end of the list, by reading 00000000, this means that you can't modify Mario's standing animation starting with the first frame (who care), And you need to make sure that there are zeros after it.
4. You need to modify the byte count when adding new lines, it's the second part of the first line "Frame Speed Mod Data". The value is 8 per line, I alway count it by count line pair (excluding the first line), multiply that by 0x10 (16 decimal) and add 8 if the number of lines is odd.
This code needs better instructions on how to modify it. I have no Idea how to work it.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
What characters stand out to you guys that aren't effected by the momentum. I get this feeling everyone was expecting Falcon-esque jumps on their guys...

EDIT: Don't say Sonic. I know about him

Sanu

Smash Champion
But....increased throw speed increases throw kb, makes some throws deal no damage, and makes ppl stick onto falcon with a downthrow. You have all the options with them being your parasite sure, but I don't think that is the type of options we should be looking for haha
None of those errors have occurred throughout any of the matches I had at a smashfest over the course of 7 hours <_<; And we had Muba's increased throw speed value implemented... so uh, yeah.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Frame Speed Mod Data [Phantom Wings, spunit262]
065A9400 0000028
FF000018 ARIALLAG
FF000074 LEDGELAG
FF00000A JUMPSTAR
FF000075 LEDGEINV
FF000061 UKEMROLL

Format is
XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL
XX is charactor id and need the following code to work.
ZZZZ is the action Id

So it works like this.

065A9400 00000XX //This is the initial line. For every line after it you add 8 to the value. Remember its in Hex.

XXYYZZZZ LLLLLLLL //all other lines follow this pattern including the ones that were listed. Just put it at the end of the code and it will work.

XX //character address
YY //frame to start on
ZZZZ //action value
L //Float point

Example code:
065A9400 00000030 //6 lines * 8 = 48, 48 in hex is= 30
FF000018 ARIALLAG
FF000074 LEDGELAG
FF00000A JUMPSTAR
FF000075 LEDGEINV //does this even work?
FF000061 UKEMROLL
14000024 40000000 //14 sets to Ganondorf, 00 starts on first frame, 0024 is the jab value, 40000000 doubles the moves speed

edit: Anyway here is a finished code with some good values
065A9400 00000038
FF000018 40000000
FF000074 40800000
FF00000A 3F800000
FF000061 3FC00000
FF000040 3FAA9FBE
FF000041 3FAA9FBE
14000024 40000000

I forget what the values are right now. Ill put them up later. But Ganon's jab 2x.

Top Bottom