• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compare locals to online elite

whitesnake

Smash Apprentice
How different is playing online elite smash vs locals?

I play in elite and win about .500 with king k rool. What would that look like in a locals setting?

Also I find KKR viable except for a few disadvantage matchups. Any big reason he could hang online but potentially not in person? My first thought is lag but I am doing better in games with no lag / limited lag

Thanks for your thoughts

Oz o:

Smash Journeyman
I actually did go full K.Rool this weekly, and I quite enjoyed. The result was fairly underwhelming, but I did play pretty solid for my tastes. And to answer your question, it really depends. You know, on whatever scene you're talking about. For me, there's only like 20% people I've encountered on For Glory that felt they knew what they were doing. And even so, this was just some very basic fundamentals not even considering stuff like reading rolls, airdodges, etc. Basically, they didn't spam roll or stuff like that.

My scene, in Buenos Aires Argentina is most definitely not the biggest or most developed (in terms of general skill level) throughout South America. That said, our Top 15 or so players are definitely nothing to scoff at (myself, included). I don't think I've ever found a player around this level on For Glory, but I don't think K.Rool can't do well. I'm one of the few people that actually thinks he's solid, and that's part of the reason I wanted to represent him last week.

Yes, local scenes are likely generally better, and no, this shouldn't stop you from doing well with any character.

Top Bottom