• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Samus Highlights Video

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
I'm making one, send your clips to Afro_Smash, gonna be quite picky with what makes it in but if you think it's good or unique send it over.

Last edited:

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
"I have one that ill send later when I can upload it tonight, If of course you appreciate the use of bombs wrecking the approach of a Zamus"

EDIT: scratch that, Update ate my replays. got distracted by gamegrumps binge watching after work, forgot to upload. oh well, if i get any more great plays you'll get um!

Last edited:

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Doesn't necessarily have to be a kill no, and if you could get that to me in HD it would be good Shado :[

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
A great idea, I'll definitely contribute. Particularly if someone else is doing the editing that makes life so much better...

Anfantast

Smash Rookie
I would love to contribute!
Is there a deadline and can we send you non-replays such as clips from streamed matches?

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
No deadline, and clips from streamed matches are fine as long as the quality is good

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Id love to participate. Afro Smash Afro Smash do you have room on your friend list for us to send vids? or can i just type your name in and send them? Sorry for the newbish question i havent sent many to friends only the youtube page lol.

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
I get some very savage replays on even good players, but the purpose of the Community Video is not for who it is against, it's about what the player does.

Do you have an alt NNID I can add if you're a bit full? I'd send you the replays, but…my quality isn't that great. I think I currently have a few good enough to make the cut that are shared from Smash to YT. Note: disrespect is my game.

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
I'm not sure I have much worth adding to cool highlight videos, but I'll leave that up to you Afro!

Here are replays from the prior patch:

FG, vs. Ryu: I managed to take both his stocks with d-air spikes. Also, u-air makes a fantastic combo starter at 1:23. I could have probably followed through with something better than jab 1- jab 2 though. And at 1:34, I use n-air to start the pressure at keeping him off stage.

FG, vs. Link. Used z-air off stage for ledge guarding for the 1st stock. This was a roll happy Link though.

I have newer replays that I can send directly, I'll send you a friend request when I get home tonight.

EDIT: Friend request sent.

Last edited:

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
Ryu is very good against Samus. This dude killed me at 35% from a shield break. Focus Attack > Strong Up Tilt > Strong Shoryuken with max rage. That's some garbage, but then I showed him how early Samus can kill (Dirty Bomb from 10% into footstool).

When I get back from school, I'll browse through my vids of potential highlights (I know I have something worthy).

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Afro Smash Afro Smash , after the recent update, I lost some more replays I would have sent you. So here are the youtubes instead. Again, nothing fancy here.

FG, vs. Duck Hunt: At 0:53 a n-air to KO the recovering DH.

FG, vs. ROB: A highlight video created in-game. At 0:16, a simple air-dodge read leads to d-air spike.

FG, vs. Villager: At 0:42 a simple n-air followed by a silly KO when I take out his rocket he's riding on.

If I have 1.1.2 replays worth sending I'll send them on.

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
I'll add ya tonight Afro. My stuff may not make it, but doesn't hurt to try!

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Are you guys bored of aerial charge shot true combos and strings? Too mundane or should I send some to you Afro Smash Afro Smash ?
I have some pretty funny wombo combos too and blastzone spikes.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Send me anything and everything you think could be considered a highlight, as I said in the OP I'll be picky but I'd rather you send it and me not put it in than you not send in a clip that would've made it in

Last edited:

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Sat down and played a bunch Sun and yesterday. Have tons of stuff, true combos, strings, kill strings, non-standard combos, wombo combos cute edgeguards, multiple air-dodge reads. Why you not adding me fam?
;p

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
I'm gonna check through all my current videos on YT of worthy shares when I get home.

I go by Annihilat® on Smash, btw.

Afro Smash

Smash Ace
NNID
Afro_Smash
3DS FC
2938-6360-9529
Yes keep spamming haha, recording some of them now

E.Lopez E.Lopez This isn't about the clip itself but you seemed to have improved a lot from the replay you sent me, keep it up

Last edited:

E.Lopez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
roykoopa64
Thanks Afro Smash Afro Smash , that means a lot! Much appreciated. I was actually getting ready to post some recent matches in the Video thread so I could get some honest criticism on my current Samus (a best of 3 set I lost against a FG Cap Falcon).
I didn't send those to you because I honestly don't see much of 'highlight' material.

Annihilat®

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot. That's my problem. I have way too many things to send that I don't even know which to send. But I'm pretty big on sharing the reverse Charge Shot stage spike > footstool > spike. You can tell when I'm playing just to kill time, so lots of my vids are just saved for the funny bits. But that's what these are about, right?

Top Bottom