• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Community Samus Design Issues That Need Resolving Video

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
Yes I get what he was going for...however, it actually makes it difficult to read, and if you want Nintendo to actually pay attention to this, they need to be able to read it without difficulty. Aside from the fact that the text in Super Metroid's intro didn't scroll at all, the text scrolls off the top of the screen too quickly in places, only displaying one line of text at a time before it is scrolled off (the bottom of the line can be seen but it's not readable).

The text is important, it needs to be readable without any difficulty. I thought there was something wrong with the imbedded video so I tried it full screen on youtube and it did the same thing.

Like I said, great work with the video overall, but man that scrolling text needs to be fixed.
See now I had no problem following the text, but that may be due to all the Subbed anime and Visual Novels I read/play >_>

MOM Samus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MOM_Samus_1
I really didn't find it hard to read at all. And knowing the limited options, I respect your efforts.

That was easy to read...not even a stretch of being difficult;simply pay attention, LOL.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
did you ever get this video translated into Japanese?

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Izaw gave me a link to a Japanese smasher, but I haven't heard back. Right now my difficulty is translation, and specifically using the smash lingo.
If you know anyone, I'm more than willing to spend the time.
Right now I'm knee deep in my mammoth "how to combo video", this stuff takes so much @#$^ time... I spent the whole weekend on it, it'll be another weekend still looking at it.

Last edited:

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
Did you guys know that Falcon can literally cancel out Samus's CS with a perfectly timed Knee? Once on FG I shot an aerial CS and he did his Fair at the same time it approached him. If his Knee hits the center of the CS at the right time, much hit lag will occur, but ultimately Samus's CS is cancelled and Falcon takes absolutely no damage. :)

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Did you guys know that Falcon can literally cancel out Samus's CS with a perfectly timed Knee? Once on FG I shot an aerial CS and he did his Fair at the same time it approached him. If his Knee hits the center of the CS at the right time, much hit lag will occur, but ultimately Samus's CS is cancelled and Falcon takes absolutely no damage. :)
Actually MANY attacks can negate a full CS if their hitbox is near the strength of CS's and if it colides with CS'S small hurtboxy center before it colides with the opponents hurtbox. This is why Links fully charged arrows can sometimes destroy a full CS, not beceasue of strength overpowering, but the placement of the arrow colliding with the hurtbox of CS

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Actually MANY attacks can negate a full CS if their hitbox is near the strength of CS's and if it colides with CS'S small hurtboxy center before it colides with the opponents hurtbox. This is why Links fully charged arrows can sometimes destroy a full CS, not beceasue of strength overpowering, but the placement of the arrow colliding with the hurtbox of CS
This isn't quite right. CS doesn't have a hurtbox. If the CS hitbox collides with any hitbox that does within 9% damage they clank. This isn't many moves for a fresh CS. As you stale CS the number of moves gets bigger.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
This isn't quite right. CS doesn't have a hurtbox. If the CS hitbox collides with any hitbox that does within 9% damage they clank. This isn't many moves for a fresh CS. As you stale CS the number of moves gets bigger.
than why does an arrow only take it out if its line up perfectly?

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Nah, it's all about staling. If CS is stale enough 12% will clank it. A fresh full cs will always beat full charged hero's bow.
then what about a skimming CS? where it skitters through the floor a bit? somewhere in there is some kind of entity,is it the main hitbox and the rest is weaker somehow without removing its power?

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
The number of moves that clank with a full CS, even fresh, is disappointingly high, I find.

If we're talking about JUST projectiles, it clanks with:

Bowser Jr - Mechakoopa, Charged Cannonball
Duck Hunt - Clay Pigeon, Gunman
Link and Toon Link - Bombs
Pac-man - All fruit, Power Pellet from his side b (seriously wtf)
Lucas - PK Fire
Samus, Wii Fit, Lucario and Mewtwo - Charged projectiles
Olimar - All Pikmin except yellow
Villager - Lloid Rocket
Wario - Bike
Sheik - Grenade before it explodes

It gets blocked by (sends them back, but CS is still taken out):

Duck Hunt - Trick Shot cans
Dedede - Gordos
Wii Fit - Soccer Ball

It flat out loses to:

ROB - Grounded Gyro (regardless of charge level)
Ness - PK Fire
Olimar - Yellow Pikmin

And that's when it's fresh! And that's JUST projectiles! It also clanks with many smash attacks, and some strong normal attacks (any moves that do 16% damage or more in one hit).

In addition...

It can be nullified by:

Rosalina, Ryu (Rosa and Ryu just absorb it), Pit, Dark Pit (Pit and Dark Pit reflect it upwards), Ness, Lucas (Ness and Lucas regain health), Link, Toon Link (The Links simply block it)

It can be reflected back at you by:

Mario, Dr Mario, Fox, Falco, Pit, Dark Pit, Ness, Lucas, Zelda, Mewtwo, Palutena, ROB, Villager (a pocketed CS will 1-shot break your shield)

It can be be countered by:

Little Mac, Marth, Lucina, Roy, Ike, Palutena, Shulk, Lucario, Greninja

Considering that it can't be charged in the air like WFT, Mewtwo and Lucario can, this is terrible. CS either needs to be chargeable in the air, OR it simply can NOT be nullified so easily by so much of the cast.

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
The number of moves that clank with a full CS, even fresh, is disappointingly high, I find.

If we're talking about JUST projectiles, it clanks with:

Bowser Jr - Mechakoopa, Charged Cannonball
Duck Hunt - Clay Pigeon, Gunman
Link and Toon Link - Bombs
Pac-man - All fruit, Power Pellet from his side b (seriously wtf)
Lucas - PK Fire
Samus, Wii Fit, Lucario and Mewtwo - Charged projectiles
Olimar - All Pikmin except yellow
Villager - Lloid Rocket
Wario - Bike
Sheik - Grenade before it explodes

It gets blocked by (sends them back, but CS is still taken out):

Duck Hunt - Trick Shot cans
Dedede - Gordos
Wii Fit - Soccer Ball

It flat out loses to:

ROB - Grounded Gyro (regardless of charge level)
Ness - PK Fire
Olimar - Yellow Pikmin

And that's when it's fresh! And that's JUST projectiles! It also clanks with many smash attacks, and some strong normal attacks (any moves that do 16% damage or more in one hit).

In addition...

It can be nullified by:

Rosalina, Ryu (Rosa and Ryu just absorb it), Pit, Dark Pit (Pit and Dark Pit reflect it upwards), Ness, Lucas (Ness and Lucas regain health)

It can be reflected back at you by:

Mario, Dr Mario, Fox, Falco, Pit, Dark Pit, Ness, Lucas, Zelda, Mewtwo, Palutena, ROB, Villager (a pocketed CS will 1-shot break your shield)

It can be be countered by:

Little Mac, Marth, Lucina, Roy, Ike, Palutena, Shulk

Considering that it can't be charged in the air like WFT, Mewtwo and Lucario can, this is terrible. CS either needs to be chargeable in the air, OR it simply can NOT be nullified so easily by so much of the cast.
Hurt boxes eat projectile hitboxes. Cs is faster to release and travels faster than the other projectiles. It is the best kill projectile in this game. Not charging in air is the trade off against the speed to come out and travel speed.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Hurt boxes eat projectile hitboxes. Cs is faster to release and travels faster than the other projectiles. It is the best kill projectile in this game. Not charging in air is the trade off against the speed to come out and travel speed.
It's the best kill projectile in the game yes...when it hits. But when it's so easily nullified one way or another by 60% of the cast that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Travelling fast also isn't necessarily a good thing, because it makes it far easier to spot dodge.

The other charge projectiles also have other advantages besides being chargeable in the air. Wii Fit's restores some health. Lucario's has a hitbox while charging and gets insanely strong with aura+rage. Mewtwo's travels in a wave trajectory making it difficult to dodge, and he can reflect it back at an opponent that reflects it at him, making it powerful enough to 1-hit kill, shield break or break the opponent's reflector.

The fact that Samus' CS happens to be the best kill projectile (ignoring Lucario with full rage and aura) isn't really a good reason for it to be not chargeable in the air, or for it be so easily nullified.

Last edited:

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
Lol I was just stating how funny it is that Falcon's Knee can clank with Samus's fully CS in the air/ground (maybe not yet tested but probably also applies). Obviously White_Pointer White_Pointer there are a plethora of things in the game that can also neutralize the CS. That's just the games mechanics. I was just pointing out a thing some may have not known about.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I hope we can get this figured out soon, I feel like we are running out of time. I'm not exactly known outside my region, so all contacts I've tried have obviously ignored me understandably so. Hope y'all have better luck.

White_Pointer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
wh1tepointer
Oh and one more thing...

Fix the low platforms on stages like battlefield from janking our zair! It's our best spacing tool and half the time the platforms on those stages jank it (it's worse on battlefield than on dreamland as the low platforms on dreamland are smaller, so more space between them to work with, but it still happens).

VidyaJames

Smash Rookie
The fully charged shot should not clank with ANY other projectile. It's the only charge projectile that can't be charged while in the air, so to compensate for this it should not clank or lose to anything. Right now it clanks with duck hunt's gunman AND clay pigeon and pretty sure the can blocks it too. It also clanks with Bowser Jnr's mecha koopa, bombs from both Links, Lucas' PK fire, Villager's Lloid rocket, pretty much all of Pacman's projectiles and even Sheik's grenade. It actually flat out loses to Ness' PK Fire, Rob's Gyro and Olimar's yellow pikmin.

It should not clank or lose to ANY of those, considering it takes ages to charge AND can only be charged on the ground.

That's leaving aside the fact that the charge shot itself is her primary kill move and a third of the cast have a reflector or some other move that completely neutralises it. I believe a fully charged shot should break reflectors, or Samus should have the ability to reflect a reflected charged shot back again.
I wouldn't go quite that far. Sure, charge shot should definitely not lose to any of those other projectiles, and I'd agree that it should flat out beat most of them (lookin' at you, Olimar), but breaking reflectors? That's a pretty big leap. I'd like to have a little less end lag on CS so if we were to have it reflected, we could have a chance to powershield from about 1/2 of FD. That being said, you can still bait out reflectors with a jumping homing missile and punish (save fox, but you can still use missiles to get a read on his patterns).

Top Bottom