• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Commonly made mistakes

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
How many times have you lost a match, or even a set, because you whiffed a grab, flubbed an edgeguard, or made a technical error? which departments are ganon mains most lacking in? what are your most commonly made errors?

Renth

Smash Hero
First of all, I appreciate what you're trying to do here. People need join in the open discussion communication is a good thing.

Most commonly made error, I pick Ganondorf on the character select screen.

In all seriousness, when I get nervous I play like complete ass cheese. You wouldn't believe how gawd awful of a player I am whenever I don't have my mindset where it needs to be. As far as suiciding and messing things up I still time to time miss the waveland onto the stage from the ledge. I don't feel I should mess it up.. I've been doing it forever looool (Died...4 times? in the time I played RockCrock yesterday doing that)

Let's see what else..

In the Falco match up, I shield too much and allow him to lock me down where he wants, I know it's a bad habit but it's hard to break no one WANTS to just let themselves get hit. Unfortunately in that match up and Captain Falcon if you get caught in your shield you're going to have a bad time. I need to mentally train myself in those specific match ups that improper shielding can lead to really bad positions. I get discouraged pretty easily while being chain grabbed, I hate the feeling of being "rag-dolled" you just have to just move your stick around and eventually they finish or they miss (or you di up to a platform ect.ect.ect.)

Edge guarding is a sloppy baby I've been meaning to work on but as of late I've become much more crisp and confident in that department, whiffing grabs? I'm pretty good about them because I know how amazing they are for Ganon.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I thought about myself when you made the comment about nervousness, how important mindset is, and most importantly, ass cheese.

I never miss ledge dashes, like hardly ever. I do however, miss wavelands on lower platforms when I'm nervous. and that **** makes me lose a stock half the time haha. Being chaingrabbed never bothers me, I consider it a part of the game and enjoy the challenge of getting even as soon as I regain control, even if it is with my next stock. I also love chaingrabbing people too (except against my homies in friendlies). I bet my most commonly made mistake is ignoring the importance of stage control when I get sidetracked. I start having fun, even if I am nervous, and go for something badass when I should have played it safer or tried to at least control the center of the stage... just leads to more disadvantageous situations.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Damn, although it's not a major problem... that accidental ledge jump has got me too. Usually from an attempted ledge dash when I'm playing someone much better than me in tournament. I just hit the buttons too fast every now and then... maybe because I'm paranoid of SD'ing... and as we all know that ledge jump is so easy to punish. I've definitely eaten a few falco bairs because of it

Crezyte

Smash Apprentice
Im a pretty new G-dorf and it seems most of the matches I end up losing (or it feels like it) is vs shiek when I whiff the regrab on my d-throws... well that and I too often fail at wavelanding on stage, resulting in a facepalm and -1 stock

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
A problem I'm having right now is edge guarding in the sheik matchup. My training partner is a shiek/peach main so I've grown accustomed to the neutral game but I still can't seem to consistently edge guard shiek the way I can other characters. Reverse u-airs don't work. I have to be really quick to hit the blast zone with a bair or fair. dair is out of the question. Sometimes I'll try grabbing the ledge, forcing shiek up b right in front of the ledge. I'll either roll or stand up into a grab, f-tilt, jab or bair. But the timing is tricky, especially with the grab because shiek although shiek lags after landing with her recovery, the grab's hitbox often goes right over her slender frame. Same with f-tilt. That's why I prefer to use bair, but there's not always enough time to set it up or shiek just lands in a position where bair is hard to land properly.

CoCoos

Smash Rookie
Crouch cancelling turning into a DI downwards to the bottom of the stage

2Face

Smash Rookie
First of all, I appreciate what you're trying to do here. People need join in the open discussion communication is a good thing.

Most commonly made error, I pick Ganondorf on the character select screen.

In all seriousness, when I get nervous I play like complete *** cheese. You wouldn't believe how gawd awful of a player I am whenever I don't have my mindset where it needs to be. As far as suiciding and messing things up I still time to time miss the waveland onto the stage from the ledge. I don't feel I should mess it up.. I've been doing it forever looool (Died...4 times? in the time I played RockCrock yesterday doing that)

Let's see what else..

In the Falco match up, I shield too much and allow him to lock me down where he wants, I know it's a bad habit but it's hard to break no one WANTS to just let themselves get hit. Unfortunately in that match up and Captain Falcon if you get caught in your shield you're going to have a bad time. I need to mentally train myself in those specific match ups that improper shielding can lead to really bad positions. I get discouraged pretty easily while being chain grabbed, I hate the feeling of being "rag-dolled" you just have to just move your stick around and eventually they finish or they miss (or you di up to a platform ect.ect.ect.)

Edge guarding is a sloppy baby I've been meaning to work on but as of late I've become much more crisp and confident in that department, whiffing grabs? I'm pretty good about them because I know how amazing they are for Ganon.
I know exactly how you feel bro. I think after getting punished, you should realize your mistakes and move from there. Shield grab those guys haha

2Face

Smash Rookie
Missing my wavelands, and spending too much time trying to look fancy on the top platforms. I try to look like Bizzaro Flame at times.

2Face

Smash Rookie
I also been missing my my dair l-cancels. I want to do the dair to dthrow to jab combo but i **** it up often.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
I actually never **** up my wavelands anymore. I've practiced them so much that perfect wavelanding from one platform to the ledge across the stage is just second nature. My problem is I choose to waveland around with fancy movement too often and it's really easy for my opponent to punish.

2Face

Smash Rookie
At Babr's Kingdom II, I played some friendlies with Bizzaro Flame and Mr. Ganondorf. I beat Mr. Ganondorf once! My wavelands were impeccable. I got alot of compliments on my ganon. I will further to continue my practice. I need to practice my ftilt game

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
At Babr's Kingdom II, I played some friendlies with Bizzaro Flame and Mr. Ganondorf. I beat Mr. Ganondorf once! My wavelands were impeccable. I got alot of compliments on my ganon. I will further to continue my practice. I need to practice my ftilt game
So many Ganondorfs in Central California. This is news to me. Seems that Central California is the second best Ganondorf region in the world now for sure :bee:

2Face

Smash Rookie
Haha there are 3 Ganon mains just in Fresno/Clovis CA alone. All three of us are in competition to be the best Ganondorf of Central Cali. Bizzaro Flame is king of the Ganons in Nor Cal, Mr. Ganondorf is king of the Ganons in So Cal, and the the throne for central cali is in a constant war for supremacy lol. I'm against an OG player from the 2006 era. We should have a West Coast Ganon vs Flordia Ganon crew battle haha

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Haha there are 3 Ganon mains just in Fresno/Clovis CA alone. All three of us are in competition to be the best Ganondorf of Central Cali. Bizzaro Flame is king of the Ganons in Nor Cal, Mr. Ganondorf is king of the Ganons in So Cal, and the the throne for central cali is in a constant war for supremacy lol. I'm against an OG player from the 2006 era. We should have a West Coast Ganon vs Flordia Ganon crew battle haha
I'm the king of all of West Coast. I'm originally from So-Cal, and I was ranked there plenty of times. Mr. Ganondorf still has a long way to go before getting ranked.

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
Miss a dair L-Cancel, though it doesn't happen often.
Mess up on a chaingrab.
Screw up an edgeguard by SD'ing on the ledge or something dumb like that.
Typical scrub stuff.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what it is, but everybody in florida plays Gannon, falco, and c falcon.

Top Bottom