• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Sorry for just catching onto this now, but you're missing an eighth costume.

Don't worry, though, you'll have time to submit one - I'm going to be extending yesterday's jobs through tomorrow, since nobody submitted for the music job yet and I'm going to be away from my computer tomorrow.

tl;dr: Both jobs will continue until either tomorrow night or Sunday morning.
O.K. I'll change that

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! Both of Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP 's submissions win by default!

Job 214: Submit super moves for Henry!
Please submit three super moves for Henry.

Job 215: Submit cards for Henry's booster pack!
Please submit up to two cards which match any of Henry's themes (Flash games, Point-and-click, Thievery, Escape, or Stickmen). Said card can be from any indie game as long as it matches said themes. Please do not submit Henry Stickmin cards; Those will be handled tomorrow.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Henry Supers
  • Level 1: Stickmin Punch
    • Henry throws a powerful haymaker which may be familiar to those who main a certain race car driver.
  • Level 2: Cheap Fighting Combo
    • Henry performs the Cheap Fighting Combo, dealing multiple hits of damage to the one opponent subjected to it.
  • Level 3: The Greatest Plan
    • Henry calls in Charles, who crashes through the stage to deal insane damage and knockback to those who make contact with his helicopter.
Booster Cards
  • Dad n' Me (Dad n' Me, Flash games)
  • Elephant (This Is The Only Level, Flash games)

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Henry Super Moves:
  • Do you think Newgrounds will mind if I have this?
    • Henry Stickmin summons the Newgrounds tank and runs over enemies with it
  • The Government to the rescue
    • A Government plane will appear in the background and shoot at enemies
  • The Valiant Hero's Greatest Plan (or The Bold Action of One Charles Calvin)
    • Charles crashes into the stage in his helicopter

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Please vote here for Henry's supers.
  • All cards will be accepted!
----
Job 216: Submit Henry's animations!
Please submit a stage entrance, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for Henry!

Job 217: Submit Henry's Signature Item!
Please submit a Signature Item for Henry. This should be something that can be used by all characters, but is strongest with Henry.
(Please do not submit the Teleporter, as that's already in the game as a standard item.)

Job 218: Suggest a boss for Henry to fight!

Job 219: Submit cards for the Henry Stickmin franchise!

Please submit up to three Henry Stickmin characters to appear as cards. Henry, Ellie, and Charles will be cards by default.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Henry Signature Item: Corruptick

The Corruptick when thrown will cause landing lag for whoever it's attached to. If Henry throws it, it'll cause more lag to his enemies. But if it's thrown at Henry it'll wear off easier.

FazDude

Smash Master
Henry animations
  • Entrance
    • A money bag is seen on-screen, with Henry crawling out of it and pocketing it.
  • Taunts
  • Victory Animations
    • Henry pumps his fist before a bank truck rushes by. Smiling, Henry runs after his next bounty.
    • Henry drives off in a fancy car.
    • Henry does the Distraction Dance on loop. This replaces the normal results music with Dance, Mr. Funnybones.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • By removing my self-vote, Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP 's Henry supers win!
  • My Henry animations win by default.
  • The Corruptick will be Henry's Signature Item!
  • Henry will fight DJ Music Man.
  • All Henry Stickmin cards will be accepted.
----
Job 220: Submit a character and stage for DLC Pack 4!
It's time to submit our fourth DLC fighter! Please suggest a character and a stage which goes along with them. As a reminder, you cannot submit characters you submitted in either previous DLC round.

Job 221: Should we do a second season of DLC?
With Season 1 being halfway done by this point, I think now's the time to start discussing whether we want to do a second. Please vote here.

Submissions/voting close tomorrow afternoon!

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter: Spark the Electric Jester

What do you get when you mix Kirby, Ristar, and Sonic in a blender? Spark! After his career as a jester was stolen by a robotic duplicate of himself, he sets out to get his job back!

I think Spark could make for another fun Sonic-style fighter alongside Lilac; With a plethora of Jester Powers to make use of, he could easily have a very versatile moveset.

Stage: F.M. City (Spark the Electric Jester 2)

Honestly, I don't have too much to say about this stage; I just like its aesthetic. (By the way, the fellow in the image is Fark, the robotic duplicate of Spark and protagonist of Spark 2 (Spark himself barely shows up).

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My submission is from one of my favorite Indie game:
SAFFRON - ONE STEP FROM EDEN
One Step from Eden is a deckbuilding roguelike Action RPG inspired by games like Mega Man Battle Networks, is a very chaotic and fast game where your weapon are a series of cards with different class of utilities like straight attacks to defensive commands or even cards that buffs other cards. In One Step from Eden you have different characters yet the base one is Saffron so I think she is the most suited for the job.

Stage - Road to Eden
1658287391026.png
1658287399085.png
1658287436261.png
1658287408781.png
1658287419539.png
1658287446429.png
Road to Eden is a stationary stage where you move to the different locations of the game, those being Fire, Arctic, Ruins, Forest, Wastelands and finally Eden. In each "loop" you will only see three worlds (Fire or Arctic, Ruins or Forest, Wastelands or Eden), with the others that didn't appeared in the previous loop appearing in the next one. The other heroes alongside recurrent characters like the Merchant would appear in all these words.

Last edited:
OK, this is going to be my bias pick for the game...
Job 220:
Normal Cat (Battle Cats)
1658245999254.jpeg
Who is that cat?
Normal Cat is a normal cat unit from 2011 japanese tower defense mobile game "Battle Cats" made by indie game company PONOS Corp. and it's a first cat from the game.
Normal Cat can evolve by upgrading it with XP points and the evolution ranges from normal form into evolved form and later true form.

In Battle cats, you have to deploy the cat units by buying them from 2 slots to attack the enemies and defend the base from them. The story in this game shows that the cats want to take over the world (and also moon) in Empire of Cats mode, then they want to conquer it again by fighting alien enemy units in Into the Future mode and the last mode shows them conquering the whole universe.
There also Legend stages and Catclaw Dojo modes aside from the story-related ones.

Battle Cats is kinda niche game nowadays that people don't tend to talk about, but it was popular when launched on mobile devices and many youtubers played it.
Normal Cat could be another character who originated from mobile games and

How he could work?
As you see, this round cat has ton of moveset potential for indie fighting game, since there are many cats to use as his moveset for this game. He could turn himself into Titan cat as down smash or become a Welterweight cat to do his jab attack for example.

He could have a unique neutral special, where he deploys random cat units to attack the opponent or defend itself from attacks. The neutral special is also accompanied with a gimmick, where he gathers the money to buy the randomized units from the slot that appear on his UI. If it runs out of money, it can't use the neutral special.

One of his super moves could summon Cat God who could heal him, push the opponents far from him or strike down opponents 3 times with his electric powers.

Stage Submission:
World tour (Battle Cats)
World Tour stage would be based on Empire of Cats mode, where the cats fight enemies in random countries or cities like Korea or New York City for example.

The layout of the map would be medium walk-off stage with cat base and enemy base in background.
The map has a mechanic similar to Minecraft World, where it shows random themes like snow theme or beach theme for example. The themes are randomized.

Here are the locations:
  • Normal theme: Korea
  • Beach theme: Bermuda
  • Snow theme: Greenland
  • Forest theme: Brazil
  • Cave theme: Moon

The enemies like Doge, Snache or those guys make a cameo in background as they try to attack the base while fighting the cat units.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to submit Crow from Nefarious.

The player character of the game, Crow is a send-up of various video game villains like Bowser or Eggman - his hobbies include kidnapping princesses and building death machines, so he decided to combine both of these by using a princess-powered doomsday weapon to (what else?) take over the world!

As a platformer character who is skilled at building weapons, Crow has a wide variety of options when it comes to gameplay, like firing grenades, using his arm as a drill, flying with rocket boots, or smacking opponents with his giant metal hand.

Stage: the Sovereign

Crow's personal airship and main mode of transportation. The fighting takes place on the roof of the ship, specifically the two lighter-coloured platforms. The door (the one on the right with the yellow light coming out of it) can have Crow's robotic minions, his assistant Becky, or the various princesses (and one prince - they're technically kidnapped, but they pretty much roam around the ship as they please) coming out of it to serve as hazards similar to the Pokemon in Saffron City in Smash 64.

-Robots: shoot guns wildly (small bullets, but deal very little damage or knockback)
-Becky: throws out a bomb
-Mayapple: holds up a pie, which heals whoever touches it
-Farrah Day: creates electric sparks around herself
-Prince Malachite: poses, but does nothing useful
-Princess Apoidea: summons a swarm of bees, which slowly fly around, moving towards whoever's closest to them
-Princess Ariella: swings an axe, dealing the most damage out of these by a large margin

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo_Profile_Buck_v01.b204adaa2e16d0ba.png

Chef (Overcooked)
There where other characters I considered. But we've had a lot of fighty people this pass. We could use a complete oddball pick. But Overcooked isn't just a lol so random pull. It's a mega popular game. A cooking themed moveset that uses the gameplay of the home game would be very fun. His alts would be the other chefs.

overcooked_09.jpg

Kitchen (Overcooked)
Player fight in a Kitchen that shifts and changes around them.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Franken
RH7Dx5r.jpg

I feel like this game has a lot of indie game characters who are really popular which is perfectly fine but why not also add a really small and obscure game? My pick for one like that would be Franken. Franken is a really small and absolutely hilarious RPG made by a company called splendidland which got pretty popular after videgame dunkey made a video on it. He could have moves based on sword play and RPG tropes as well as moves based on joke characters from the game. Overall an obscure but fun character who would be a nice surprise in here.

For the stage I'll suggest the wedding from the end of the game as a stage (I can't really find an image of it) it'll be a completely flat stage on the aisle with Frankenstein at the altar and everyone from the game making cameos

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 220:Mayday and Zuke (No Straight Roads)

Mayday and Zuke are two musicians in a two-person indie rock band called Bunk Bed Junction,the duo fights against electronic music artists to show them the power of rock. the motive it's because they were disqualified by the judges,saying that electronic music is the future and rock is dead. No Straight Roads is not very popular,but the game is good by the storyline, characters and gameplay, it's a platform game with some rhythm game elements.

their moveset is same proposal from Fireboy and Watergirl,but it's a mix of Ice Climbers with Pokémon Trainer.

FazDude

Smash Master
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top three (self-voting is allowed for 2nd-3rd):
  • Spark + F.M. City (Spark the Electric Jester) (FazDude)
  • Saffron + Road to Eden (One Step From Eden) (Infinity Sorcerer)
  • Normal Cat + World Tour (Battle Cats) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Crow + The Sovereign (Nefarious) (Megadoomer)
  • Chef + Kitchen (Overcooked) (Darkonedagger)
  • Franken + Wedding (Franken) (Champion of Hyrule)
  • Mayday & Zuke (No Straight Roads) (DragonRobotKing26)
    • (Side note, DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 - Even though your submission will be allowed for voting, you still need to submit a stage.)

My votes:
  1. Crow
  2. Spark
  3. Franken

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed, and the results are in...

Crow's Gonna Win!

Crow's stage will be The Sovereign. Congratulations to Megadoomer Megadoomer !

Themes:
Villainy
Robotics
Platformers
Princesses
Explosives​

Side note before we get into Crow's first jobs, there will be a second season of DLC! It's possible that there might have to be a schedule change regarding the postings of new jobs if we bleed into September, but I'll keep you posted. Anyway...

Job 222: Submit a moveset for Crow!
Please submit five specials and a guard for Crow.

Job 223: Vote on Crow's bonus content!

Submissions and voting close tomorrow afternoon!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Job 222: Crow moveset

Neutral Special: Grenade Launcher
. Crow shoots out a grenade that explodes, either after a few bounces or when it hits an enemy. Only one grenade can be out at the same time.

Forward Special: Gyroc Missile. A straightforward missile. Its path is more predictable than the grenades, which can be good or bad depending on the situation. However, its range is shorter to compensate.

Back Special: Rocket Boots. Crow hops up and activates his rocket boots, sending him flying backwards. The flames from the boots can damage opponents, as can Crow running into them; it's mainly good for getting some distance between him and his opponents.

Up Special: Grenade Jump. Launching a grenade at his feet, he launches himself into the air. The initial explosion damages whoever’s near him when he uses it.

Down Special: Sticky Grenade. Crow shoots a Sticky Grenade at the ground. It sits there, and if anyone walks over it, it sticks to them. Pressing down special while a grenade is out causes it to detonate, and each Crow player can only place one at a time. It's a glowing yellow blob, so it's hard to miss.

Guard: Electric Barrier. Crow summons a wall of electricity, similar to Urien's Aegis Reflector from Street Fighter, though weaker. The barrier stays in one place, negating a projectile attack or dealing damage to whoever touches it. (it disappears after something comes into contact with it) Crow can move freely while it's out, but each Crow player can only have one summoned at a time, and he can't summon a new one until the first one is gone. The barrier will automatically disappear after a few seconds.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Megadoomer Megadoomer 's Crow moveset wins by default.
  • Since there was a tie for Crow's bonus content, I'll be settling it with RNG. Crow will come with an additional stage!
Due to the second bulletpoint, there will be three jobs today (and possibly tomorrow) instead of the usual two.

Job 224: Submit alternate costumes for Crow!
Please submit 8 or 16 alternate colors/costumes for Crow.

Job 225: Submit music for the Sovereign!
Please submit six music tracks from Nefarious to play on the Sovereign stage. Tracks can also be linked to any of Crow's themes.

Job 226: Submit a stage which follows Crow's themes!
Submit a stage to be included alongside Crow and the Sovereign. This stage can hail from any indie game as long as it's linked to any of the above themes.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon - Likely later than usual.

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 226: Chef Saltbaker's Kitchen (Cuphead, Platformer/Villainy)

I was on the fence between this or Doggone Dogfight, but I feel like this stage could have a really fun concept, which I'll explain in just a minute.

While the stage itself is a simple walkoff, the real star of the show is (who else?) Chef Saltbaker, who'll occasionally affect the stage with a few of his attacks from the Delicious Last Course. However, he is not a stage boss the same way Cagney is on the Floral Fury stage; You cannot interact with or damage him in any way, so all you really can do is evade his attacks.

However, once there's a minute left in the match or a fighter is on their last stock, Chef Saltbaker uses the Totally Not A Super Mushroom(tm) to grow to super-size, grabbing all the fighters and bringing them up with him. The remainder of the match takes place on Saltbaker's palm, which is very similar to the main platform of Wily's Castle. On the bright side, he'll stop attacking you once he does this.

As a secret easter egg, if you can get a Star KO during the second "phase", Chef Saltbaker will actually crack a little as the launched fighter hits his face.

I know people here have been opposed to double-dipping into franchises, but I at least wanted to try and get this stage in, seeing how well-recieved the Delicious Last Course has been (plus, we get to add more Cuphead music! Who could say no to that?)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My stage submission is Broforce, a stage based on the game of the same name, it shares the explosion and platformer themes.
It would be a stage that unlike others it would have different layers each time variating the position of the platforms but it would always be a destructive stage (so most element can be destroyed). There it would be interactable objetcs like loot boxes that gives items, gas tanks that are launched like rockets when are damaged and there would also be enemies (variating depending of the biome between Terrorists, Aliens and Demons), there would also be captured Bros that would join you to the fight like the Wingman of Magicant, they are selected randomly and the options are:
  • Rambro
  • Brommando
  • B.A Broracus
  • Brodell Walker
  • MacBrover
  • Bro Dredd
  • Bro in Black
  • Snake Broskin
  • Brominator
  • Brobocop
  • Mr. Anderbro
  • Ash Brolliams
  • Brochete
  • Bronan the Brorbarian
  • Ellen Ripbro
  • The Brode
  • Bro Max
  • Double Bro Seven
  • The Brodator
  • Broden
  • Bro Lee
Like in the games they die with one hit, yet their AI is quite competent so maybe that would be a quite harder job.

Job 226:
BIT.TRIP runner (Platformer)

1658517975808.png

So, the stage is based on 2010 BIT.TRIP runner indie game and it would be side-scrolling stage. The world that exists in this stage is based on this picture.

The hazards of the stage are bottomless pits that player can fall down.

Commander video makes a cameo in background, which he runs and jump over the hills.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I know people here have been opposed to double-dipping into franchises, but I at least wanted to try and get this stage in, seeing how well-recieved the Delicious Last Course has been (plus, we get to add more Cuphead music! Who could say no to that?)
I actually thinked it was a rule rather that something people are against lol. I would love to see a second stage of certain franchises, just for the music.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sovereign songs:

-Crow's Theme (Nefarious)
-Turn-Based Tussle (Nefarious)
-Sovereign Theme (Nefarious)
-Tumble Gulch (Nefarious)
-Tangled Knots (Nefarious)
-This is Your End (Nefarious)

(the music in Nefarious is great)

Crow alternate costumes:

-default outfit (purple)
-dark blue (based on his rival Mack)
-pink (based on his kidnappee/friend Princess Mayapple)
-yellow and blue (based on Princess Apoidea)
-all white (based on Princess Farrah Day)
-green with red skin (based on Prince Malachite)
-light blue (based on Princess Ariella)
-red (based on fellow supervillain Dr. Mechano)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed - The vacation I was planning to take has been delayed for a few days.
  • Megadoomer Megadoomer 's music and alts win by default.
  • Please vote for your top two stages for a ranked vote (self-voting is only allowed for 2nd):
    • Chef Saltbaker's Kitchen
    • Broforce
    • BIT.TRIP Runner
Job 226: Chef Saltbaker's Kitchen (Cuphead, Platformer/Villainy)

I was on the fence between this or Doggone Dogfight, but I feel like this stage could have a really fun concept, which I'll explain in just a minute.

While the stage itself is a simple walkoff, the real star of the show is (who else?) Chef Saltbaker, who'll occasionally affect the stage with a few of his attacks from the Delicious Last Course. However, he is not a stage boss the same way Cagney is on the Floral Fury stage; You cannot interact with or damage him in any way, so all you really can do is evade his attacks.

However, once there's a minute left in the match or a fighter is on their last stock, Chef Saltbaker uses the Totally Not A Super Mushroom(tm) to grow to super-size, grabbing all the fighters and bringing them up with him. The remainder of the match takes place on Saltbaker's palm, which is very similar to the main platform of Wily's Castle. On the bright side, he'll stop attacking you once he does this.

As a secret easter egg, if you can get a Star KO during the second "phase", Chef Saltbaker will actually crack a little as the launched fighter hits his face.

My stage submission is Broforce, a stage based on the game of the same name, it shares the explosion and platformer themes.
It would be a stage that unlike others it would have different layers each time variating the position of the platforms but it would always be a destructive stage (so most element can be destroyed). There it would be interactable objetcs like loot boxes that gives items, gas tanks that are launched like rockets when are damaged and there would also be enemies (variating depending of the biome between Terrorists, Aliens and Demons), there would also be captured Bros that would join you to the fight like the Wingman of Magicant, they are selected randomly and the options are:
  • Rambro
  • Brommando
  • B.A Broracus
  • Brodell Walker
  • MacBrover
  • Bro Dredd
  • Bro in Black
  • Snake Broskin
  • Brominator
  • Brobocop
  • Mr. Anderbro
  • Ash Brolliams
  • Brochete
  • Bronan the Brorbarian
  • Ellen Ripbro
  • The Brode
  • Bro Max
  • Double Bro Seven
  • The Brodator
  • Broden
  • Bro Lee
Like in the games they die with one hit, yet their AI is quite competent so maybe that would be a quite harder job.
Job 226:
BIT.TRIP runner (Platformer)

View attachment 357121
So, the stage is based on 2010 BIT.TRIP runner indie game and it would be side-scrolling stage. The world that exists in this stage is based on this picture.

The hazards of the stage are bottomless pits that player can fall down.

Commander video makes a cameo in background, which he runs and jump over the hills.
----
Only one job today.

Job 227: Submit super moves for Crow!
Please submit three super moves for Crow.

Submissions/voting close tomorrow afternoon - Tomorrow, we'll submit music for the winning stage and Crow's animations.

FazDude

Smash Master
Stage Votes
  1. Broforce
  2. Chef Saltbaker's Kitchen
Nothing against BIT.TRIP Runner, but I feel it getting included now would essentially deconfirm CommanderVideo, which I really don't want to happen.

Top Bottom