• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Resubmitting Guy Spelunky and the City of Gold from the very first DLC job.
Job 188-1: Guy Spelunky (Spelunky)

I already submitted this dapper fellow for the roguelike character job ages ago, but here's hoping second time will be the charm!

Guy Spelunky is the eponymous protagonist of the original Spelunky game (and the sequel, although he's no longer a main protagonist in that game, passing down the role to his daughter Ana). Heading into an ancient cave system in search of treasure, he finds monsters, underground shops, and immortality... somehow.

Spelunky was one of the first indie games I ever loved - Back before FNaF, Undertale, and You-Know-Who, this was the game I spent a ton of time watching on YouTube and reading up about. (Well, that and Minecraft.) I think you could make a fun moveset for Guy given the plethora of weapons and tools he uses in his home games. Plus, the ensemble cast of the series could make for fun alternate costumes!

Job 188-2: City of Gold (Spelunky 2)

The City of Gold would feature a randomly-generated layout, featuring a few platforms and hazards such as Mummies and arrow traps. Once the match nears its end, the Ghost would be released, serving as a very dangerous enemy who would deal insane damage and knockback upon contact.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Fall Guy

A character I'm honestly surprised didn't make the base game. Fall Guy would likely be slow, heavy, and shockingly weak for his weight, but with some great range thanks to summonable hazards - perhaps he could interact with his hazards to traverse quicker.

See Saw

An extremely simple stage - it's a single platform that tilts with weight. You can see Fall Guys falling in the background.
B E A N

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Resubmitting V1

MANKIND IS DEAD

BLOOD IS FUEL

HELL IS FULL

V1 (ULTRAKILL) [2020]

V1 is the main playable character in ULTRAKILL, ULTRAKILL is a Retro inspired First Person Shooter developed by Arsi "Hakita" Patala and published by New Blood Interactive. V1 is a blood fueled Death Machine that has insane movement capabilities and an arsenal of powerful weapons. ULTRAKILL has had overwhelmingly positive reception and is notable nicknamed "Devil May Quake" due to having stylish combos involving a lot of weapons and movement that is inspired by Quake and Devil May Cry. V1 if added could have a wild and fast ranged combo based moveset.
Adding a stage to this

If allowed would be from another New Blood game DUSK

The stage is Down On The Farm
Down On The Farm (DUSK)

This would be a stage that has you fighting on top of a barn and it's silo, you can see the farm and many enemies from DUSK in the background

Last edited:
Tim (Braid) (Resubmission)
Tim is a main character of 2008 indie game Braid and he is a "monster" that wants to rescue the princess from castle, but at the end of the game, since runs away from him because she found out that Tim is a monster that wanted to kidnap here.

Braid was one of best Indie games from 2008 and he could deserve a spot in Allstar Strife.
Since Braid could get a remaster in this year or next year, his inclusion could make sense.

Tim could have moveset similar to Mario (he was based on Mario), but his gimmick would be time manipulation, where he controls the time around himself (He can stop it, slow it or reverse it for example). Also he normal attacks would consist of punches and kicks.

Level 1 (Braid)
View attachment 357396
It's based on first level from the game.

As for layout, it would be the same as on this picture. The hazards are Monstars, who waddle back and forth. You can defeat them or throw them around.

FazDude

Smash Master
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top three fighter/stage combos from this submission period. You aren't allowed to put your own submission in first place, but second and third are fine.
  • Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 + Frozen Court (Slap City) (Megadoomer)
  • Bödvar + Thundergard Stadium (Brawlhalla) (KneeOfJustice99)
  • Guy Spelunky + City of Gold (Spelunky) (FazDude)
  • Omori + ??? (Omori) (Infinity Sorcerer)
    • Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer , I'm going to accept this submission, but please do submit a stage for Omori before voting closes.
  • Steve + The Nether (Minecraft) (Qwerty UIOP)
  • Fall Guy + See Saw (Fall Guys) (Baysha, original submission by Wario Wario Wario)
  • Tim + Level 1 (Braid) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
Voting closes tomorrow evening - A little later than usual to make up for me being late with the start of voting.
---
My votes:
  1. Fishbunjin
  2. Guy Spelunky
  3. Fall Guy

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm sorry I didn't had the chance. So my submission would be FARAWAY PARK (yes, the place is writted in caps), it would be a big stage with different zones with interactable objects like the the tetherball that you can punch to attack other opponents or some of the trees around that you can use has platforms, there are also non-interactuable cameos of different characters of the game like Aubrey and her gang, Hero, Kel, between others.

Now in terms of voting:
  • Bödvar​
  • Omori​
  • Tim​

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed! Let's take a look at those results...
  • Tim / Bödvar - 4 points
  • Omori - 5 points
  • Guy Spelunky - 6 points
  • Fall Guy - 10 points
  • Ultra Fishbunjin 3000 - 12 points
  • Steve - 13 points

(i don't even need to come up with a catchy tagline smash did it for me)

Steve's stage will be The Nether. Congratulations to Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP !

Themes:
Pixel Art
Sandbox
Dungeon Crawlers
Visual Novels
Building
----
Now, before we get into Steve's jobs, there's something I wanna make clear; Despite Minecraft's multitude of crossovers, only Minecraft-original content will be allowed for Steve's content. No Master Chief alt, no Super Mario Mash-Up Pack-themed stage, etc. This also applies to indie crossovers, including those with franchises already represented in All-Star Strife.

Now then...
----
Job 278: Submit a moveset for Steve!
Please submit one of each for Steve's moveset;
  • Neutral Special
  • Forward Special
  • Back Special
  • Up Special
  • Down Special
  • Guard Special
Job 279: Vote on Steve's bonus content!

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

FazDude

Smash Master
Steve Moveset
For this moveset, I want to retain Steve's Smash kit to an extent. Specifically, I want to give Steve the same basic tools without making his kit reliant on some sort of complex resource mechanic.
  • Neutral Special: Block Place
    • Steve places down a block. Unlike Smash, these blocks will remain indefinitely until it is broken or Steve is KO'd. However, Steve can only have five blocks on-screen at a time. (Each Steve alt would also have a different block.)
  • Forward Special: Minecart
    • Steve rides forward in a minecart, being able to jump out of it to send the minecart forwards as a makeshift projectile. Unlike Smash, however, an empty cart cannot grab opponents or change in duration; It will always be activated by powered rails.
  • Back Special: Bow and Arrow
    • Steve pulls out a bow and arrow and charges it up, being able to fire it either straight forward or 30 degrees either up or down. The arrow's range and power depend on the charge.
  • Up Special: Elytra
    • Steve pulls out an elytra and uses a firework to propel himself upwards in a gliding state. Unlike Smash, this would be a straightforward glide (much like Knuckles in the Sonic games). However, it will not put Steve into freefall upon deactivating (although it can't be used again until he touches the stage).
  • Down Special: TNT
    • Steve places down a block of TNT which explodes after a few seconds, damaging nearby opponents. However, it can also interact with a few of Steve's other specials. Only one TNT Block can be active at a time.
      • The TNT will destroy any blocks in its radius instantly.
      • If the TNT is hit by an empty minecart, it will enter it and begin to roll forwards, now being able to explode upon contact with an opponent or wall.
      • The TNT will explode instantly if hit by one of Steve's arrows.
  • Guard: Shield
    • Steve pulls out a shield. If timed right, it acts just like a RoA parry. However, it can also be held to fully protect Steve from the front at the cost of being left open from behind.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Steve moveset wins by default.
  • Steve will come with an extra boss! This means that none of the future DLC characters will be able to have a boss of their own.
---
Job 280: Submit 8 or 16 alternate costumes for Steve!
Please submit 8 or 16 skins for Steve. These can be anything from Minecraft or its spinoffs, but no crossover skins will be allowed.

Job 281: Submit music for the Nether!
Please submit six music tracks from the Minecraft franchise to play on the Nether stage. Remixes are allowed (with the exception of Smash Ultimate's remixes)!

----
Skins
  1. Steve (original bearded appearance)
  2. Tuxedo Steve
  3. Tennis Steve
  4. Athlete Steve
  5. Developer Steve
  6. "Plastic" Steve (taking his appearance from Minecraft promo art)
  7. Alex
  8. Tuxedo Alex
  9. Tennis Alex
  10. Athlete Alex
  11. Developer Alex
  12. "Plastic" Alex
  13. Male Jesse (Story Mode)
  14. Female Jesse (Story Mode)
  15. Zombie
  16. Piglin
Music

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Steve alts win by default.
  • Please vote for the Nether's music here.
----
Job 282: Submit three super moves for Steve!

Job 283: Submit Steve's extra boss!

Please submit the boss that comes alongside Steve. This can originate from Minecraft or relate to any of Steve's themes (Pixel Art, Sandbox, Dungeon Crawlers, Visual Novels, or Building). Please provide a brief explanation of how the boss would fight - feel free to go into more depth if you'd like!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I submit The Dragun for a boss, being represented with the Pixel Art and Dungeon Crawler themes.
Coming from Enter the Gungeon, this fearsome boss is fighted with him being at the background being the only hitable parts his hands and head, though in critical health he will enter into a invulnerable state where his only weak point would be his heart (that would be exposed for brief times when he stops launching projectiles). Like everything in EtG he will attack with projectiles of different types, most notable a missile that cause a huge explosion and two knives that also has guns.

D

Deleted member

Ender_Dragon.png

Ender Dragon
Would act pretty similar to its orignal fight, spitting its purple blasts, but refitted for a platform fighter obviously. I don't know a ton about Minecraft but a lot of people talked about this as a smash boss so I think it would be a cool pick.

FazDude

Smash Master
Steve Supers
  1. Weapon Upgrade - Steve upgrades his tools with a Crafting Table, making his attacks involving them stronger. Unlike most installs, this lingers until Steve loses a stock. The tools follow the following upgrade path: Wood (start of a stock), Stone, Gold, Iron, and Diamond.
  2. Armor Upgrade - Steve upgrades his armor with a Crafting Table, making him heavier and harder to launch. Armor also lingers until Steve loses a stock. The armor follows the following upgrade path: None (start of a stock), Leather, Gold, Iron, and Diamond.
  3. The Wither - Steve quickly crafts a Wither, which follows him around and fires Wither Skulls at nearby opponents for a little while. The Wither Skulls create explosions upon contact, and a direct hit gives opponents a poison debuff.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Minecraft Boss: The Heart of Ender

The final boss of Minecraft Dungeons, would swoop up from the ground and attack you with his tentacles and his other attacks from that game

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • My Steve supers win by default.
  • There is a tie for the Nether's music. Through RNG, I deem Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP 's music list the winner!
  • Please vote for the new boss here.
----
Job 244: Submit Steve's animations!
Please submit any of these for Steve's animations:
  • Entrance animation
  • Three taunts
  • Three victory animations
Job 245: Submit Minecraft cards!
Please submit three characters from the Minecraft universe to appear as cards. The following will be cards by default:
  • Steve
  • Alex
  • Jesse (Male)
  • Jesse (Female)
  • Zombie
  • Piglin
  • The Wither
  • Creeper
If the Ender Dragon or Heart of Ender win the boss vote, they will also recieve cards.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Steve Animations
  • Stage Entrance
    • Steve just poofs onto the stage, with the words "Steve has joined the game" appearing in the bottom-left of the screen. The name changes to fit the alternate character or player's name if applicable.
  • Taunts
    • Steve jumps up and down while swinging his fist.
    • Steve eats a random food item.
    • Steve repeatedly crouches.
  • Victory Animations (Victory Theme)
    • Steve stands idle as fireworks go off behind him.
    • Steve quickly builds a house and walks inside.
    • Steve happily plays with a tamed wolf.
Cards
  1. Ghast
  2. Villager + Iron Golem
  3. Petra (Minecraft Story Mode)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Perhaps unsurprisingly, the Ender Dragon will be our tenth and overall final boss! Congratulations to @Darkonedagger!
  • My Steve animations and victory theme win by default.
  • All Minecraft cards will be accepted!
----
Today will be the final batch of Steve jobs*, so have your character submissions ready for tomorrow!

Job 246: Pick a boss for Steve to fight!
ok tbh i'm fully expecting everyone to pick the ender dragon but might as well throw the option out there

Job 247: Submit a Signature Item for Steve!
Simply put, this should be an item which all fighters can use, but is better in some way when used by Steve.

When picked up, the Totem of Undying appears in the fighter's HUD. When they are KO'd, they respawn with 100% without losing a point/stock, sacrificing the totem in the process. If Steve was the one with the totem, he respawns with 75%.

Top Bottom