• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. Broforce
2. Chef Salt-Baker's Kitchen

Crow Super Moves:

1. Orbital Cannon - a targeting reticule that resembles Crow's face appears in front of Crow, which can be moved left to right. A second or two later, it flashes blue, and a large laser beam falls from the sky. Based on his RPG boss fight.

2. Wrecking Ball - Crow hops into a spherical flying machine with a wrecking ball attached, which might look more than a little familiar to Sonic fans. He can fly around for a short time, with the momentum of his movements causing the ball to smash into opponents, but it's slow and unwieldy, and the top of the ball is completely open.

3. Doom Howitzer - Crow hops into his superweapon, the Doom Howitzer, as it hovers over the stage. The eyes fire lasers at regular intervals in groups of four (in a + pattern) or six (two directly up or down, and four diagonal), and Crow sits in a stationary cannon on its chest, which he can rotate and fire independently of the eye lasers. The chest cannon does more damage than the eye lasers, though it fires at a slower rate. Eventually, the Doom Howitzer collapses due to Crow using up all of the power, and Crow lands back on stage.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
----
Job 228: Submit Crow's animations!
Please submit a entrance, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for Crow.

Job 229: Submit music for Broforce!
Please submit six music tracks to play on the Broforce stage.

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Crow Entrance:

Crow arrives on stage by flying onto it with his rocket boots. Once he lands on the ground, he lets out an evil cackle.

Taunts:

1. Crow takes a deep breath before leaning back and giving a loud maniacal laugh.

2. Crow waves the finger of his giant mechanical hand as if to say "no, no, no!"

3. Crow pulls out a welding torch and makes some adjustments to his mechanical arm.

Victory Animations:

1. Crow plays air guitar while (if voice clips are included, either new or from the original game) “singing” along to his own victory theme (his game already has a victory theme in it)

2. Crow is laughing maniacally as Becky, calm as always, stands beside him and a few of his troops charge forward.

3. Crow falls onto the screen from above, Princess Mayapple over his shoulder, and runs off as the police chase him.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! We'll use Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Broforce music and Megadoomer Megadoomer 's Crow animations.
----
It's the final day for Crow/Nefarious jobs, so be sure to have your next character submissions ready for tomorrow! For now, though...

Job 230: Submit cards for Nefarious!
Please submit up to three Nefarious characters to appear as cards. The following will be included by default:
  • Crow
  • Becky
  • Mayapple
  • Farrah Day
  • Prince Malachite
  • Princess Apoidea
  • Princess Ariella
Job 231: Submit a boss for Crow to fight!

Job 232: Submit Crow's Signature Item!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Card submissions:

1. Princess Tephra
2. Dash
3. S.T.A.B.I.L.E.

Boss fight: Marie - she seems like the type of character that Crow would mistake for a rival villain moving in on his turf (plus, Marie only has two fights so far)

Signature Item: Doomerang - a whirling spiked boomerang. When Crow throws it, it goes twice as far as when another character throws it, and Crow can throw it one more time before it disappears compared to other characters. (five for Crow and four for other characters seems reasonable, though I'm not much for balancing game concepts)

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Sorry for the delay - submissions are now closed!
  • All Nefarious cards will be accepted!
  • Crow will fight Marie, as submitted by Megadoomer Megadoomer !
  • Doomerang will be Crow's signature item, also submitted by Megadoomer!
Job 233: Submit a fighter + stage for DLC Pack #5!
Please submit a fighter and a stage from their game/franchise to appear as our fifth package of DLC! Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter: Dart Monkey (Bloons)
1658936477240.png

I think I've held off on this for long enough.

Dart Monkey is one of the many monkeys found in the Bloons franchise, debuting in the 2007 original and becoming the de facto mascot of the series. This ape only has one thing on his mind - throwing darts to pop Bloons (no relation to balloons, mind you). However, you can also upgrade him to gain access to other abilities. While I think that alone would make him an interesting character for All-Star Strife, we also have the lineage of other towers and items from the Bloons games, which could lead to a ton of moveset potential!

Stage: Sky of Bloons
1658936706677.png

Sky of Bloons is an autoscrolling stage based on the original Bloons games, featuring platforms of Bloons for opponents to stand on and fight across. It's a fairly simple stage, but we don't have too many autoscrollers so far, so I think this could be a fun concept for a stage!

(also while i'm talking about bloons and platfighters please check out bloons blowout we need more contributors)

Last edited:
Tim (Braid)
Tim is a main character of 2008 indie game Braid and he is a "monster" that wants to rescue the princess from castle, but at the end of the game, since runs away from him because she found out that Tim is a monster that wanted to kidnap here.

Braid was one of best Indie games from 2008 and he could deserve a spot in Allstar Strife.
Since Braid could get a remaster in this year or next year, his inclusion could make sense.

Tim could have moveset similar to Mario (he was based on Mario), but his gimmick would be time manipulation, where he controls the time around himself (He can stop it, slow it or reverse it for example). Also he normal attacks would consist of punches and kicks.

Level 1 (Braid)
1658936832842.png
It's based on first level from the game.

As for layout, it would be the same as on this picture. The hazards are Monstars, who waddle back and forth. You can defeat them or throw them around.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I will nominate the Beheaded, no wait I already submitted him, then I will nominate Saffr- I also already nominate her, hmmmm......

Alright I know who submit.

ZERO
From Katana ZERO

Zero is the protagonist of the game "Katana Zero" a mysterious samurai mercenary who makes use of a drug called Chronos that gives him future vision-like abilities where he can try different paths for accomplish his mission until find the correct way. Katana ZERO is a cool af game with great music and a interesing story that I can't stop to recommend more, seriously, the team has even a FREE DLC with a duration more or less half the whole base game (they where silent for the moment, but who knows we already get Cuphead's DLC, so this could happen).

In terms of the stage...

HOTEL MURDOWER
The Hotel Murdower is one of the firsts stages of the game and is very iconic, in the Hotel Murdower we will fight in the different floors of the hotel being transported to the superior floor by a elevator, the last place is the penthouse and unlike other type of stages here you will be in the penthouse until the end of the match. Like in Katana ZERO there would be items such has bottles or knives that can be grabbed and launched has projectiles.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Fall Guy

A character I'm honestly surprised didn't make the base game. Fall Guy would likely be slow, heavy, and shockingly weak for his weight, but with some great range thanks to summonable hazards - perhaps he could interact with his hazards to traverse quicker.

See Saw

An extremely simple stage - it's a single platform that tilts with weight. You can see Fall Guys falling in the background.
Resubmitting Fall Guy by Wario Wario Wario

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 233:Peashooter (Plants Vs. Zombies)

(i know this is a king of cheating,because plants vs. zombies is from EA Games,and EA is a AAA company,not indie)
Peashooter is a main recurring character from Plants Vs. Zombies,Peashooter is an attacking plant used for defend Crazy Dave's house.
Peashooter is a iconic plant from franchise,appearing on every PVZ games, including spin-offs.

The Roof

The Roof is the fifth and last stage from the first Plants Vs. Zombies,as a stage The Roof is a curved field and it is on top of a house,some bungee jump zombies appears on a stages as stage hazards.

FazDude

Smash Master
Job 233:Peashooter (Plants Vs. Zombies)

(i know this is a king of cheating,because plants vs. zombies is from EA Games,and EA is a AAA company,not indie)
Peashooter is a main recurring character from Plants Vs. Zombies,Peashooter is an attacking plant used for defend Crazy Dave's house.
Peashooter is a iconic plant from franchise,appearing on every PVZ games, including spin-offs.

The Roof

The Roof is the fifth and last stage from the first Plants Vs. Zombies,as a stage The Roof is a curved field and it is on top of a house,some bungee jump zombies appears on a stages as stage hazards.
PvZ content will be allowed as PopCap was originally an indie studio.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Sorry for the delay - submissions are now closed!
  • All Nefarious cards will be accepted!
  • Crow will fight Marie, as submitted by Megadoomer Megadoomer !
  • Doomerang will be Crow's signature item, also submitted by Megadoomer!
Job 233: Submit a fighter + stage for DLC Pack #5!
Please submit a fighter and a stage from their game/franchise to appear as our fifth package of DLC! Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!
Character Name: Neon White
Game of Origin: Neon White (2022)

By far the newest submission for the title, I think the namesake of their game of origin - Neon White - would be a perfect fit for a game like this. Firstly - the game itself takes the form of a movement shooter with lots of movement options - and if concepts for characters such as Tracer in Smash have suggested anything, the genre itself would lend well to the movement-heavy nature of a platform fighter. However, Neon White is also notable for its interesting mechanics in the form of Soul Cards: each of which allow you to manifest different weapons, movement options, or other perks as needed by simply shuffling the deck in your hand. This would inherently lead to quite unique gameplay, with deck shuffling for certain scenarios being a useful key to setting up combo strings or kill moves, whilst also being able to adapt to situations on the fly if needed. Neon White always has access to a katana and to basic punching attacks, but options such as Dominion (a grappling hook) and Godspeed (a forward dash) could work well on rotation.

In terms of a stage, I'm going to simply submit Lower Heaven. It acts as a sort of combination of a lot of the earlier levels in the game, with a particularly unique vibe considering the architecture, blue skies, and a sea of clouds below you. Overall, it's supposed to feel angelic - but also slightly inhospitable, reflecting its nature ingame.

1658947844856.png

Also, can I just take a moment to give a shoutout to this game's music? It's by Machine Girl, one of my favourite groups of all time - having a really unique feel to it with a variety of inspirations from DnB to Hyperpop all the way to mid-2000s PS2 games. It's a really one of a kind feeling that I'd absolutely recommend.

Hope this is of interest!​

D

Deleted member

description-image.png

Jackie Fiasco (Going Under)
The main character of the Rougelike Going Under. Jackie is a marketing intern who is sent jnto a dungeon to take out failed start ups and fight monsters. She would carry over the movement of her game. Her moveset would be based almond upgrading her weapons and would be full of a lot of the houmor of her home game.

Going-Under-review-1-1.png

Fizzle Beveridges
The workplace of Jackie. Would be a bright of colorful stage with plenty to interact with.

FazDude

Smash Master
It's voting time!
  • Dart Monkey + Sky of Bloons (Bloons) (FazDude)
  • Tim + Level 1 (Braid) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Zero + Hotel Murdower (Katana ZERO) (Infinity Sorcerer)
  • Fall Guy + See Saw (Fall Guys) (Wario Wario Wario / Baysha)
  • Peashooter + The Roof (Plants vs. Zombies) (DragonRobotKing26)
  • Neon White + Lower Heaven (Neon White) (KneeOfJustice99)
  • Jackie Fiasco + Fizzle Beveridges (Going Under) (Darkonedagger)
Please select your top four (self-voting allowed for 2nd-4th; it's usually 3rd-4th, but i wanna try something new this time).

Please note that if Fall Guy is added, the character and the stage will be credited to both WaWaWa and Baysha (BayWaWa?)

D

Deleted member

1. Neon White
2. Dart Monkey
3. Fall Guy
3. Jackie

Last edited by a moderator:

FazDude

Smash Master
Voting is closed!
  • Neon White: 21
  • Fall Guy: 19
  • Zero: 18
  • Peashooter: 16
  • Dart Monkey: 11
  • Tim: 10
  • Jackie Fiasco: 3
Neon White Reaches Heaven!

Neon White's stage will be Lower Heaven. Congratulations to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 !

Themes:
FPS
Visual Novels
Afterlife (Heaven, Hell, etc.)
Cards
Parkour​

Job 234: Submit a moveset for Neon White!
Please submit five specials and a guard for Neon White.

Job 235: Vote on Neon White's bonus content!

Submissions/voting close tomorrow afternoon!

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Job #234: In this case, whilst I considered having White use a more game-accurate card system that limits your special moves, my experiences playing as Robin have suggested to me that it's... not very fun, so I wanted to provide an alternative way of keeping the same vibes whilst also being interesting to play.

Neutral: "Left Click." Basically, this is a projectile that changes based on what your last special actually was. It'll be indicated by a small Soul Card as part of White's UI, with each one having very different effects. These are, in order:

(Forward) - Rifle. It's the longest-range weapon, and though it deals relatively low damage, it's pretty good at putting pressure on opponents from a distance.
(Up) - Rocket Launcher. It's by far the most powerful weapon and has a small explosion upon contact, but takes the longest to reload - and the explosion can also hurt White in the process.
(Back) - Machine Gun. It's a mid-range projectile weapon, but has the fastest fire rate despite the lowest damage and knockback for individual bullets.
(Down) - Shotgun. It's the closest-ranged projectile weapon, with a pretty wide rate of fire directly in front of him that deals a lot of flinch damage.
(Guard) - Pistol. It's essentially your middle-of-the-road weapon, able to function pretty averagely in every situation. It's also your default weapon for when you spawn into the world.

Forward
: Godspeed. This is essentially a rapid forward dash that acts as both a movement tool and a pretty effective recovery tool to boot. It deals small amounts of damage, but it's notable for acting similarly to Wonderwing in that it's invincible... but also intangible. It's even able to be used whilst airborne, and doesn't leave White vulnerable after its use! However, it's not ideal as a direct method of attack.

Up: Dominion. Acting as a grappling hook, Dominion allows White to fire said hook in a direction corresponding to the angle that it's directed upward (unlike, say, Joker, who has a set movement.) This also allows him to grip to walls as well as ledges, and can even be used as a grabbing tool - albeit only for opponents above him.

Back: Purify. White tosses a grenade in front of him, which similarly to Snake's, they can also hold for as long as needed. The grenades are pretty powerful tools for stage control, and the resulting explosions deal surprisingly high knockback if only mid-range damage.

Down: Stomp/Fireball. In this case, it'll differ slightly based on whether White's in the air or on the ground. When used in the air, it essentially becomes a stall-and-fall with the added potential of allowing White to shoot downward when falling, more similar to Fireball. When used on the ground, White leaps upward and creates an AoE explosion around him in the form of a shockwave, more similar to Stomp.

Guard: Katana. Despite White also having access to his katana in his general moveset, his katana is used to either parry close-up attacks, or to reflect projectiles. However, it relies on timing more so than most - messing it up can result in him eating the attack pretty badly.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Neon White moveset will be used.
  • Due to a tie for bonus content, I have employed RNG. White's bonus content will be two new Companion Cards!
---
Job 236: Submit alternate costumes for Neon White!
Please submit 8 or 16 alternate colors/costumes for Neon White.

Job 237: Submit six music tracks for the Lower Heaven stage!

Submissions close tomorrow evening - I'll be out tomorrow afternoon.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Submissions are closed!
  • KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's Neon White moveset will be used.
  • Due to a tie for bonus content, I have employed RNG. White's bonus content will be two new Companion Cards!
---
Job 236: Submit alternate costumes for Neon White!
Please submit 8 or 16 alternate colors/costumes for Neon White.

Job 237: Submit six music tracks for the Lower Heaven stage!

Submissions close tomorrow evening - I'll be out tomorrow afternoon.
Job #236:
I might make some actual edits later, I'm not sure. Until then:

1. Neon White (based on his normal "Neon White" appearance.)
2. Neon Red (makes his jacket, hair and detail on his mask red, similar to the character "Neon Red")
3. Neon Yellow (makes his jacket, hair and detail on his mask yellow, similar to the character "Neon Yellow")
4. Neon Green (makes his jacket, hair and detail on his mask green, similar to the character "Neon Green")
5. Neon Violet (makes his jacket, hair and detail on his mask violet, similar to the character "Neon Violet")
6. Neon Orange (makes his jacket, hair and detail on his mask orange, similar to the unseen character "Neon Orange")
7. Neon Smoke (makes his jacket, hair and detail on his mask dark grey, similar to the character "Neon Smoke")
8. Believer (has Neon White appear almost completely in glowing light blue, similar to the in-game Believers)

Job #237:

1. Glass Ocean - Neon White
3. Millenium Escalator - Neon White
4. Rigged Game - Neon White
5. Fight or Flight - Neon White
6. Thousand Pound Butterfly - Neon White
6. The Cyber Grind - ULTRAKILL

I came close to filling this completely with Neon White music, but I felt that giving another indie movement shooter a chance to shine would be good - so where better to pull from than ULTRAKILL? Overall I wanted to give a mix of both your overworld levels, your character interaction music, and some more hardcore stuff similar to other parts of Machine Girl's catalogue - and I think I've got a pretty solid mix of stuff to work with here.

Victory Theme: Mission Complete (Not Bad for a Dead Guy) - Neon White

I think this, too, would be pretty fitting.

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! All of KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 's submissions will be used.

In addition, since this is the first time victory themes have really been addressed in the thread's lifespan, feel free to submit victory themes for any of the game's current characters! I'm not planning on making this a job, so it's gonna be a "first come, first served" kind of thing.
----
Job 238: Submit super moves for Neon White!
Please submit three super moves for Neon White.

Job 239: Submit up to two Companion Cards which follow Neon White's themes!
Please submit up to two assist characters which make use of the following themes:
  • FPS
  • Visual Novels
  • Afterlife (Heaven, Hell, etc.)
  • Cards
  • Parkour

Top Bottom