• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[ COMPLETE! ] Smashboards Creates: All-Star Strife (An indie-based platform fighter!)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed! Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP 's moveset wins by default, while Reimu will come alongside two new Companion Cards! Those will be handled soon enough, but for now...

Job 191: Submit alternate costumes for Reimu!
Please submit 8 or 16 alternate colors/costumes for Reimu.

Job 192: Submit music for Harukei Shrine!
Please submit six music tracks from the Touhou games for its stage!

Submissions close tomorrow afternoon!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Reimu Costumes:
  1. Red (Default)
  2. Marisa's Colors
  3. Cirno's Colors
  4. Meiling's Colors
  5. Koishi's Colors
  6. Yukari's Colors
  7. Fujiwara's Colors
  8. Patchouli's Colors
  9. Alice's Colors
  10. Kokoro's Colors
  11. Youmu's Colors
  12. Byakuren's Colors
  13. Okina's Colors
  14. Sakuya's Colors
  15. Remilia's Colors
  16. Flandre's Colors
I tried to mix Embodiement of Scarlet Devil's chars with other popular characters.

Touhou music:
This was HARD, like, really hard, Touhou has a ****ing-ton of music and a lot of them are great, I would even just submit remixes since Touhou's Fandom have so many goddamn good artists yet I think these ones are some of the most popular songs so I think it would be a cool list.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Reimu Costumes:
  1. Red (Default)
  2. Marisa's Colors
  3. Cirno's Colors
  4. Meiling's Colors
  5. Koishi's Colors
  6. Yukari's Colors
  7. Patchouli's Colors
  8. Youmu's Colors
  9. Okina's Colors
  10. Sakuya's Colors
  11. Remilia's Colors
  12. Flandre's Colors
I tried to mix Embodiement of Scarlet Devil's chars with other popular characters.

Touhou music:
This was HARD, like, really hard, Touhou has a ****ing-ton of music and a lot of them are great, I would even just submit remixes since Touhou's Fandom have so many goddamn good artists yet I think these ones are some of the most popular songs so I think it would be a cool list.
Sorry for being such late notice, but you need exactly 16 alts - mind adding four more?

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • Please vote for Reimu's alternate costumes here.
  • Please vote for Harukei Shrine's music here.
Job 191: Reimu Alts:
  • Black
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Cyan
  • White
  • Orange
  • Dark Blue
Job 192: Harukei Shrine OST:
Reimu Costumes:
  1. Red (Default)
  2. Marisa's Colors
  3. Cirno's Colors
  4. Meiling's Colors
  5. Koishi's Colors
  6. Yukari's Colors
  7. Fujiwara's Colors
  8. Patchouli's Colors
  9. Alice's Colors
  10. Kokoro's Colors
  11. Youmu's Colors
  12. Byakuren's Colors
  13. Okina's Colors
  14. Sakuya's Colors
  15. Remilia's Colors
  16. Flandre's Colors

Touhou music:
----
Job 193: Submit super moves for Reimu!
Please submit three super moves for Reimu.

Job 194: Submit two Companion Cards!
Please submit up to two Companion Cards which are related to one of the following themes. Your submissions can be from any series, regardless of if it's already represented.
  • Bullet Hell
  • Shooter
  • Supernatural
  • Magic
  • Anime

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Anime Companion Card: Monika(DDLC)

When Monika appears onstage, she traps her opponents in a glitchy hive in the middle leaving them vulnerable to attack similar to the black hole from Smash Bros

Bullet Hell Companion Card: The Boss(Just Shapes and Beats)

When The Boss is summoned, he'll breath in sucking in triangles from offscreen. Then he'll spit them back out at you Andross-style

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Bullet Hell Companion Card: Ms. Chalice(Cuphead)

Since Delicious Last Course came out yesterday, I thought it would be wrong if we did not include something from that in our game. When you summon Ms. Chalice, she will stand in the background and eat her enchanted cookie and switches places with your character. You'll still move and fight the same in the background and Ms Chalice will use Charge shots against the opponent in your place
Ms. Chalice is already a Cuphead costume.

FazDude

Smash Master
Assist 1: Mortimer Freeze (Cuphead, Bullet Hell / Magic)
1656723150328.png

I do agree that we should add someone from the Delicious Last Course, so I picked ol Mortimer here. When summoned, he will fly around the top of the screen and fire icicles below him, mirroring one of the attack patterns in his fight. Before leaving, though, he slams a giant whale onto the stage, another attack from his battle.

Assist 2: Neco-Arc (Type-Moon, Anime)
1656725034648.png

When summoned, Neco-Art begins rocketing around the arena, damaging and launching opponent she makes contact with.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I forgotted that doujins are free state, then I will submit:
Assist 1: Blitztank (Akatsuki Blitzkampf) (Anime)
1656724144571.png

Blitztank would dash forwards at high speed damaging everyone at his path.

Assist 2: Gatling Gull (Enter the Gungeon) (Bullet Hell)
1656724122889.png

Since we already have a stage and even a pet and a lot of items I think the most that EtG can aspire is an assist. I'm resubmitting the Gatling Gull who is one of the firsts bosses of the game, it would drop a random item when it's defeated.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Antonio (Vampire Survivor, Bullet Hell)

Antonio would spawn as his sprite in the middle of the stage and would start using his whip to attack opponents, the longer he stays active the stronger the whip is eventually evolving into Bloody Tear which does much more damage and is bigger.

Assist 2: Neco-Arc (Type-Moon, Anime)
1656723343321.png
1656723343321.png

We all knew this'd happen sooner or later.

When summoned, Neco-Art begins rocketing around the arena, damaging and launching opponent she makes contact with.
I'm not sure if Type-moon counts as Indie. They aren't the Doujin circle anymore and are a proper company that rakes in millions with Fate/Grand Order.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Eh, yeah. Sorry for the confusion, folks - Forgot about my own rules. I'm gonna readd Neco to my submission.

For the future, anything that began as indie will be eligible for the thread. (We already have the Creeper in, so we don't really have an excuse to do otherwise.)

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!

Before I go any further, I know yesterday was kinda... messy. As such, I'd like to restate that to qualify for a place in All-Star Strife, whether that be for a fighter, assist, or anything else, they must have originated as an indie game; Their current status doesn't matter. The confusion yesterday was totally on me for forgetting my own rules, so I'd like to set that rule in stone now.

Anywho...
  • Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Reimu alts and music list will be used! Double congratulations!
  • Submissions for Reimu's supers will continue into tomorrow due to a lack of submissions yesterday.
  • Please vote for Companion Cards here - The top two will be added!
----
Job 193 (cont): Submit super moves for Reimu!

Job 194: Submit animations for Reimu!

Please submit a stage entrance, three taunts, and/or three victory animations for Reimu!

Submissions and voting will be open until tomorrow night - A little later than usual due to some IRL responsibilities.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Reimu Supers:
  • Jewel Sign "Concealed Orbs of Light": Reimu fires 3 large blue yin-yang orbs which bounce around the screen for a fairly long time.
  • Boundary "Expanding Boundary": Causes an array of borders to spread out from Reimu, it isn't fullscren like in the original game but it covers a good part of the stage.
  • Spirit Sign "Fantasy Seal": Reimu's signature Spell Card. Summons 7 colorful orbs of light which, after a brief moment, home in on the opponent, dealing a significant amount of damage.
I used Antinomy of Common Flowers and Urban Legend in Limbo has referencse due that are the Touhou game I played the most (I only played the fighting game spin offs and Lunalights tbh).

FazDude

Smash Master
Just as a friendly reminder, today's jobs will close later than usual - Still within today, but it's whenever I get back from the IRL stuff I'm going to be doing today.

In the meantime, we are still in need of Reimu animations!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Reimu Animations
  • Entrance:
    • Flies in from offscreen
  • Taunts:
    • Summons some orbs that rise and fade after a while
    • Dusts off the floor with her broom
    • Lifts her gohei up ad down in a prayer motion
  • Victory Animations:
    • Reimu puts her gohei behind her back and smiles
    • Throws a talisman that reads "No Solicitors!"
    • Opens her donation box and sighs seeing as nothing is in it

FazDude

Smash Master
After a much longer delay than I would have liked, submissions are closed!
  • Please welcome our next two Companion Cards:
    • Taking the number one slot is Sakuya Izayoi, submitted by @Darkonedagger!
    • Second place had a tie, so by the power invested in me by RNGesus (read: i flipped a coin), our second card will be Neco-Arc, as submitted by me. Buranyuu!
  • Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's supers win by default.
  • Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP 's animations win by default.
----
Today will be the final set of jobs for Reimu, so be sure to have your next character submissions ready for tomorrow!

Job 196: Submit cards for Touhou!
Please submit up to three cards for the Touhou series. Reimu and Sakuya are added by default. Neco-Arc will also be added as an Others category card.

Job 197: Submit a Signature Item for Reimu!
Submit an item which designed specifically for Reimu. Be sure to explain what nerf the item would get if picked up by another character!

Job 198: Suggest a boss for Reimu to fight!
Suggest a boss from one of our eight (listed on the initial post) for Reimu to fight on her Classic Mode route. (I'll be submitting Photoshop Flowey; I think it makes sense for a bullet hell character to fight a bullet hell boss.)

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Considering the relation with the vampire-theme with the most iconic boss of the series (Flandre) I think Grimm is a good boss for Reimu, Grimm also ha some projectile spam so it works from both sizes lol.
Reimu Cards:
  1. Utsuho Reiuji
  2. Aya Shameimaru
  3. Byakuren Hijiri

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Submissions are closed!
  • All cards will be accepted!
  • Nobody submitted an item for Reimu, so I'll be handling that myself as to not delay the thread any further. (And I mean that this time; No leaving Reimu hanging like some other characters' items which I'll also be handling today!)
  • Please vote for Reimu's boss here.
----
Job 199: Submit a character and stage for DLC Pack 2!
Here we go again! Please submit a character to be our second DLC fighter, as well as a stage to come along with them.

As a reminder, you are not allowed to resubmit characters you've already submitted during the DLC period. Here's a list of who submitted who last round:
  • FazDude: Guy Spelunky
  • Tankman from Newgrounds: Candyman (Lethal League)
  • Wario Wario Wario: Fall Guy
  • Speed Weed: CommanderVideo (Bit.Trip)
  • Qwerty UIOP: Jevil (Deltarune)
  • DragonRobotKing26: Drifter (Hyper Light Drifter)
  • Infinity Sorcerer: The Beheaded (Dead Cells)
  • cashregister9: Neon White
  • Darkonedagger: Juan (Guacamelee)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I was considering submit Arcueid but I think people could be tired of anime waifu for the moment, so instead I will go with...
1657038643367.png

GOMEZ (FEZ)
Gomez is the protagonist of the game Fez, I think Fez is a cool game even if I never was a big fan of the puzzle genre, I think the general concept of the game of switch between different "faces" of the world would bring a very cool moveset, yet if there is a reason why I would REALLY love this would be the stage.
VILLAGEVILLE
Considering that the most charming part of Fez is the world, a stage of Fez would be awesome, imagine the Donkey Kong Country stage from 3Ds but instead of switch between a front plane and a plane from behind you switch between the 4 sides of the place alterating the location of the platforms.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
DLC CHARACTER #2: Madotsuki(Yume Nikki)

Yume Nikki(aka Dream Diary) is one of the best known indie titles from Japan and Madotsuki is also the main character of that game who controls the dream world which will be neat for a unique moveset

DLC STAGE #2: Madotsuki's Apartment
This is based on the one floor apartment that Madotsuki lives in. It may seem boring at first but then the dream world starts to flood to the real world​

FazDude

Smash Master
Fighter: Henry Stickmin
1657039221547.png

Henry is the protagonist of the Henry Stickmin series, a collection of point-and-click games in which he attempts to rob a bank, steal a diamond, dismantle a crime syndicate, or whatever his mission is that day. Known for his resourcefulness, memorable moments, and plethora of pop culture references, Henry has become a staple of the modern-day indie scene, despite being around since the glory days of Newgrounds.

We already have the Teleporter as an item and some music from Henry's games, so why not get the Stickmin himself into the fight? I'd imagine his many, many tools would make up most of his kit, and when we're talking about Henry, there's no shortage of moveset potential!

Stage: Toppat Tour
1657039471408.png

This would be a travelling stage, taking players through various locations from the Henry Stickmin games, such as the bank, museum, the Toppat complex, and so on and so forth.

DLC character submission:
Castle Crasher (Bethemoth/Newgrounds)
View attachment 340754
Castle Crasher is one of main characters of Behemoth's 4-Player Indie game called Castle Crashers. Castle Crasher needs to rescue while killing enemies in front of him like Beat'em up or Hack N Slash game. Castle Crasher is one of iconic 2000's Indie characters and even one of Newgrounds' characters that was made by Tom Fulp and/or Dan Paladin.
Castle Crasher would be second (or third if we count Isaac) Newgrounds character for the game and it makes sense to be in.

How he could work?
Castler Crasher has a lot of moveset potential, since he's from beat'em up game and it's easy to make a moveset out of brawler character. Castle Crasher would use his sword for his normal attacks and he could use spells like fire for his neutral special.
One of CC's supers would turn into muscular version of himself and he would increase it's stats for example.

His alts would be based on knights like Red knight, Blue knight, orange knight, etc.

Why Castle Crasher?
I nominate Castle Crasher as DLC fighter because he could represent Behemoth, an indie company found by Dan Paladin and Tom Fulp (Creator of Newgrounds). Also he would be first fighter to represent Beat'em up or hack N slash genre, which is genuine inclusion for the game.
Besides, Castle Crashers is already represented as card, but it doesn't mean they are off the table, so we can Include the Castle Crasher as DLC fighter.

Stage:
King's Arena
1657039342689.png
The stage itself would be walk-off arena and the hazards are horses, who run around the stage. (They can be used as platforms just like Gogoat in smash).
King and spectators make a cameo in background.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
DLC Character Submission:

Miriam (Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night/Curse of the Moon)

The main protagonist of the Bloodstained series (basically, a lawyer-friendly Castlevania series like how Yooka-Laylee is a lawyer-friendly Banjo-Kazooie series), Miriam is a young woman who was experimented on in order to place demonic crystals into her skin. Being able to absorb the power of demons through crystal shards, Miriam seeks out her old friend Gebel, who has been driven mad by this demonic power, in order to reverse this curse.

As a Metroidvania character, Miriam has a ton of abilities and weapons to choose from, ranging from swords, whips, guns, and kicking attacks to summoning monsters, using elemental magic, throwing enchanted goblets of wine onto the ground, or bouncing around the room like a pinball.

Stage:

Livre Ex Machina

A mix of a library and a clock tower, Livre Ex Machina seems like it could have a lot of possibilities as a stage. New parts, whether they're stable platforms, moving platforms, bookshelves, or whirling gears, could be brought in and out to mix things up, with a large central platform serving as a constant base to work with. It would be chaotic, but that's the point.

Various Bloodstained characters could make cameos in the background, like Orlok Dracule or O.D., a vampire who inhabits this area. He looks and sounds very familiar... Other cameos could include Zangetsu or Alfred, and while he's not in Ritual Of The Night, I'd like to include Hachi as a background cameo as well, because he's adorable.

FazDude

Smash Master
It's voting time!
Please vote for your top three from this selection (self-voting limited to 2nd-3rd):
  • Gomez + Villageville (Fez) (Infinity Sorcerer)
  • Madotsuki + Madotsuki's Apartment (Yume Nikki) (Qwerty UIOP)
  • Henry Stickmin + Toppat Tour (Henry Stickmin) (FazDude)
  • Castle Crasher + King's Arena (Castle Crashers) (Tankman from Newgrounds)
  • Miriam + Livre Ex Machina (Bloodstained) (Megadoomer)
  • The Trapper + MacMillan Estate (Dead by Daylight) (Darkonedagger)
----
My votes:
  1. Castle Crasher
  2. Trapper
  3. Henry

Top Bottom