• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coming Right Back At Ya: Kirby for Smash Switch discussion

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
You can throw it out in neutral now... It’s the same speed as fair

D

Deleted member

RK is (likely) going to Tri-State Showdown (Fall 2019)! Starting this Saturday I believe. I think it’s a B-tier based on how stacked it is.
Get ready Dream Land for some sweet, crunchy, footage!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

RK why are you seeded at around seed 200? SMH you need a higher seeding than that! You’re Hollywood on youtube XD

Cheryl~

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1511-1076-9918
RK why are you seeded at around seed 200? SMH you need a higher seeding than that! You’re Hollywood on youtube XD
It just means it'll be even greater when he makes a super impressive run in bracket with our buffed boi! At least one can hope..

D

Deleted member

Wait wait is it just me or it will take around version 5.0.0? I thought evo conducted version 3.1.0 because Hero was too close to the tournament time?

or I’m just hallucinating XD

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I'm having more success with Kirb thanks to the new buffs. It's easier to get Copy Abilities even on sneakier opponents thanks to the faster Inhale and I no longer lose it when somebody breathes on me or gives me a mean look. In my personal experience when playing 4 stock matches against my brother, I would lose an ability once or twice per stock; but today on two different matches I managed to 3 stock a Roy and a Marth and they never made me lose my ability.

D

Deleted member

I'm having more success with Kirb thanks to the new buffs. It's easier to get Copy Abilities even on sneakier opponents thanks to the faster Inhale and I no longer lose it when somebody breathes on me or gives me a mean look. In my personal experience when playing 4 stock matches against my brother, I would lose an ability once or twice per stock; but today on two different matches I managed to 3 stock a Roy and a Marth and they never made me lose my ability.
Congrats!

D

Deleted member

Bad news as of now:
So this is really late but RK got 97th in the Tristate showdown...:( Yes it's higher than his seed but he flubbed his fifth match.
Good news: We have some upset(s)!
Sledge (Kirby main, labber?) has defeated BiggieCheeze, 2-1 at a local! Cheeze is PR'ed 13th on the Ohio PR.
Kam (Kirby main with a Joker secondary if I recall correctly) has defeated Mystearica 2-1 at another local (House of Paign 22?). I'm not sure, but Kam used the pink gumball.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I don't know if anyone still likes Kirby, and there have been no offline tourneys in my area, so I can't really put stuff to the test, but Kirby just got a few nice buffs. Dsmash, fair, bair, dash attack and something else I can't remember all got increased damage and knockback. Just throwing this question out there for Kirby aficcionados: do you feel the difference in your competitive gameplay? I'm still a solo Kirby main, so any buffs that happen make me pretty happy.

K=RB2

Smash Cadet
A lot of the changes benefit Kirby as fair 2 can now follow up to down smash and KO Mario as early as 90% near ledge. Down Smash’s versatility has soared not just from the follow ups but also by cutting down the frames. It’s going to see more usage in closing out stocks.
Dash attack’s late hit can combo into inhale. Strong hit makes it an even stronger whiff punish/KO option.
Bair getting more knockback is also welcome.
At the same time Fair-1 stuff is left unchanged so funny fsmash can still work.
Biggest problem is fair 2/fair 3 being modified which messes up the 0-62 grab combo. It’ll take some time to adjust to the changes. Still works on characters like heavies and Mii Gunner and the like.

K=RB2

Smash Cadet
Nothing here to see folks, just Quarantine killing everyone.
JeJaJeJa and Ron is doing excellent at wifi tournaments, so Kirby is at least making headway there.

Top Bottom